Those of you in the UK, what are you opinions on pure gym?

Those of you in the UK, what are you opinions on pure gym?

T. Poor student who needs 24 hour gym

Basic equipment and lots of friendly eastern europeans

There's a shower in the gym so you know it's good.

Cheapest option and good quality considering

Decent for the price.
Just make sure you have a training program

>Also it's best going off-peak times. So minimal waiting for a squat rack. Especially if there is only 2

I recently joined the Birmingham Broad Street one. If you avoid peak times it's good. I usually arrive between 12pm and 2pm and have never had issues using anything. Good value for money. Clientele a bit weird.

I'm at one in Aberdeen

>niggers ego lifting everywhere (taking up all the benches and pl8s to do one rep then dance around each other and take pictures of their biceps)
>dumbbells just get left lying on the ground or dumped anywhere on the rack so there's no order to them
>changing rooms locked after 10PM so fuck you if you want to lift late
>tiny and overcrowded, so I hope you're willing to wait for any machines you want to use (at mine anyway)

Apart from that it's not bad, you can go online and see how many people are in the gym at that time, so you know when it's quiet, helps to find a comfy time to go

Honestly, I'd recommend

>you can go online and see how many people are in the gym at that time, so you know when it's quiet, helps to find a comfy time to go

holy shit thats fucking genius

What the fucking shit.
I love my gym, but I just noticed this on their website.

Great gym. I'd still be there but I found a cheaper one with more equipment, somehow.

24 hour is useful when you have spare time and just feel like lifting.

illegal.

My gym has a womans only area. Most gyms prefer and discount for women, same as night clubs

Can't you just say that you identify as a women. Then threaten to sue when they don't believe you.

I'm sure they'd love to have someone who acts like a fag and tries to sue them join their gym, you sure are smart.

My gym has equal prices but they just converted a smaller studio room we could all use into a women's only area.

So does anyone lift in West London? Any good gyms that aren't retarded fitness centres?

>12pm and 2pm

Get a job hippy!

But seriously, I'm thinking of joining broad Street, Smethwick is closer to me and it's cheaper, but I'd rather not risk getting stabbed.

If you're thinking of Cardiff, Easygym is way better.

Literally the only 24 hour place I can find in this shithole, it sure is kinda cheap and the one near me has decent equipment so who the fuck is complaining? Well I'd say that but the trogs who frequent gyms like these are less than ideal

You're american aren't you?

How liberal is the UK? Is it as bad as the US yet?

Depends on the area. lots of safe space wankers in cities, outside of those its ok.

Paul?

Why not Anytime Fitness?

thats for smug pricks and 3 times the cost

Huh, must be a British thing. I'm only paying like $30USD for mine.

I go to a Puregym in east london, feel free to ask questions if you want to know anything

Is there a quality gym review site? I live in a small town without a gym, so it's not just a case of going to my local one. I want to pick one which is decent, where I can be left alone, but which is least busy when I want to go.

Also is it generally expensive to go over form with a personal trainer when you join (or do they normally go through that with you)? I used to have a home gym when I lived with my parents years ago. I never had any problems, but wasn't confident lifting without a spotter and I wasn't absolutely 100% on form.

It's usually not too pricey for a session or two with a trainer, assuming you can find one who will be willing to work with you on form for just a few sessions and won't try to build you a program and sell you more sessions.

The one I used to go to in Leeds was v good for the cheap price, used to go at midnight and never had to wait for anything