That's my fat ass as of today

That's my fat ass as of today.

28 years old, 5'10, 265

Been doing regular cardio for a month now, mostly 30 minute interval training on the elliptical machine, hands on the bars, arms pumping, not on the stationary handles.

Also do row machine every few days for about 10 minutes, and also swim 1-2 times per weekend. Occasionally power-walking on the treadmill with the incline as high as it will go. These are in addition to the elliptical. Elliptical is every day, no exceptions.

Last Monday I started starting strength.

Diet consists of a fuckton of egg, poultry, and beef protein, a lot of water, coffee, and tea, a cliff bar typically every day on weekdays, and fruit on weekends. Today I'll be picking up spinach, peppers, onions, muchrooms, and some other veggies to start mixing in as well.

I still have some simple carbs and refined sugars in my diet. They're hard to eliminate, but I'm keeping them to a minimum.

What tips, thoughts, criticism, or advice can you guys offer? I have an overwhelming desire to lift on rest days. Is this bad? What if I do lifts that aren't part of SS, like curls, etc.?

I've already started seeing minor results, like pants feeling a bit looser, and looking better in the morning. How long before I can realistically expect to see significantly lower fat? Don't care about getting cut or ripped, just want power and no fat.

Tl;dr

Omg your body is beautiful. Get into powerlifting, my cozy bear. :P

28, 5'10, 265lbs

Doing cardio every day

Doing starting strength

Diet is lots of egg/meat protein, adding in more veggies today.

Need advice/criticism.

Is it bad to lift on rest days if doing lifts that aren't in SS?

Do the rowing (cardio) machine more/ your main form of cardio, it's more full body when related to intervals just make sure you get your form down. As for diet, Download a calorie tracker app, as long as you burn more than you eat, you will generally lose weight. Most of time it'll take 8 weeks before you even notice a change in your body and about 3 months for other people to.

Wtf eat more veggies ? You wanna die at 60 of a heart attack or Sth?

David?

Yeah I know it's a big problem. Like I said, today, I'm picking up just buckets of peppers, onions, spinach, and other shit to start cooking up with the chicken and beef I've been eating every day.

haha, no, my name's Jesse

You look exactly like, and are the same height and weight as my buddy David, but he's been lifting for a while, so I figured the post was pretty strange.

I've lifted here and there throughout my life, but haven't done it regularly in over a year, so I don't imagine I've retained any of that muscle. But maybe?

Doubtful. Your legs will be quite good once you get lean, though. You should start seeing results fairly quickly if you're counting calories correctly.

Get a scale and count calories.

You can expect to lose 1-2lbs a week if you eat properly.

I was a big guy like that, now I'm 198 lbs. I've since then added dead lifts to my routine and all my other lifts are going up and I'm at a calorie deficit. 1600 per day

Stop eating lots of fruit. Too much sugar. Fruits and vegetables doesn't mean lots of fruit and a little vegetables. It means lots of vegetables and a little fruit. Also stop eating cliff bars. Eat oats with natural peanut butter and a mashed up banana. I like a handful of frozen raspberries in mine as well.

You actually look good for 265

If you cut down properly and lift heavy you'll do well

Why no/little carbs? With that much exercise and eating at a deficit you're gonna be miserable and lethargic with low carbs.

Ya okay alex

You can work out or do cardio till the cows come home... it's not going to help at all if you eat like a fucking savage.

Well I still have a bit too much sugar in my diet, between the cliff bars, occasionally soda, and a glass of grapefruit juice every morning. So I guess I've actually got plenty of carbs. Also get down on brown rice and occasionally a tortilla or piece of wheat toast.

So I have plenty of carbs. More than I should, likely. I misstated that.

>cliff bars
Depends on which kind.
>occasionally soda
Stop this.
>glass of grapefruit juice every morning
Stop this.

These are not good for sustaining energy for all the exercise you're gonna be doing. Rice is fine, eat potatoes, whole grains/bread/pasta and you'll have a much better time in the gym.

you need to eat a lot of leafy greens or you will get constipated, spinach, broccoli, kale, they all have the benefit of having some protein too. consider the vegetables as the vehicle the meat needs to make it's way out of your butthole.

Is there no circumstance under which the graprefruit juice is acceptable?

What about diet sodas?

1. TRACK YOUR CALORIES. EVERY SINGLE LITTLE BIT OF ANYTHING THAT PASSES YOUR LIPS GETS FUCKING LOGGED.

2. Cut the carbs so you can stay under your CALORIE GOAL without going insane.

Read the fucking sticky. It's not that hard. -t. bearmode

Why the fuck do you have a picture of me

>Is there no circumstance under which the graprefruit juice is acceptable?
If you are haven't reached your calorie goal for the day. Even then a better choice would be: a more nutritious option>an actual grapefruit>nothing>grapefruit juice. Considering you're losing weight it's a total waste of calories.

>What about diet sodas?
Waste of ability to demonstrate willpower. You don't NEED it. JUST STOP.

Cardio is no way to spend your life. Sad how many people think cardio is a must to lose weight, or belongs in every fitness program.

Hell with just a proper diet, and ZERO exercise, you can get down to a normal weight without even lifting a finger.

People who try to eat restrictive diets and then go all ham mode on cardio are quite simply, DOING IT ALL WRONG.

How in the fuck do you weight 10lbs less than me and look twice as fat? I'm 6'1, do 3 inches really make so much of a difference?

Not hating on you bro, I'm still a fatso that needs to lose in excess of 60lbs. Already lost 10, so yay.

Nobody ever believes me when I tell them I'm 260-265. I must have SOME muscle under my thick ass fat or something, because most people tell me I look 230-240.

I do have thick, strong-ish legs. Maybe that's it?

been lifting and doing cardio for solid 6 months. lost 10 kgs (~20pounds) on this period.

REST

every 3 days take a day off, please. as your exercises start to get more intense you will feel the need.

I tried do only one rest day a week and got sick. REST NIGGA

Don't be that faggot. If you think you recognize a real life bro, don't be nice or ask their name. Roast them with all the strength you have. It makes everyone better.

Got that alex jones mode unlocked, mirin

Screw that, just take a jar of peanut butter and go to town. Fat's good for you and filling so you don't need to count calories. Oatmeal also has some inexplicable magical property that makes it better than brown rice and 100% whole wheat pasta.

not everyone is as weak as you

You aren't some professional athlete, stop trying to eat like one. Go on a 2000cal/day cut and actually pay attention to everything you put in your mouth with myfitnesspal. You'll still make plenty of noob gains don't worry about MAH MUSCLES, MAH PROTONS.

tfw when fuckton of eggs and beef. Jesus.

Grapefruit is high in potassium, but so are potatoes and spinach. Ideally, just eat spinach, with some meat to help it go down.

I'm going to offer some controversial advice. Those zero calorie water flavorings include lemonade. That's not a horrible replacement for grapefruit juice.

you are right.

fact is I have a stressful job and still went out drinking fri/sat.

so that was also a factor

Figure out your TDEE and eat at a 500 calorie deficit of that number. Get a food scale and weigh everything and track it on an app. Protein should be 35-40% of your diet and no more than 150g of carbs a day. Drink a gallon of water a day. Walk at least two miles on your rest days. Ditch the stupid elliptical machine and start 5k training on the treadmill with the C25K app 3x a week.

i am genuinely confused as to how a human allows themselves to reach this state of lardass

Raised on soda and fast food by parents that didn't give a shit. Been struggling with it my whole adult life. Lost about 50 pounds back in 2009, then a few factors made it difficult to keep the weight off. Lost 25 again in 2011, same shit. Hoping this time it sticks, because it's become far more convenient to hit the gym and eat healthy than it's ever been for me, but I obviously still have a lot of work.

hey man at least you're honest. just keep at it, it's not gunna be easy and it most definitely will not be fast, but consistency and an effective routine is proven to work 100%