Liver damage from alcohol use?

I am 22 and I have been drinking about 8 "standard" drinks per day about 5-6 days per week for the past 5 years and have developed what I believe to be liver pain.

It goes away after I stop drinking for 2 days or so, but I still have a sharp pain under my ribs if I put my chin down and look down while i'm sitting. Is this a liver problem? My back also hurts, so could it be just radiating from that, or is it the other way around?

Also my piss seems darker lately but not like orange or brown. How fucked am i?

Go see a doctor, retard.

go to a doctor you idiot

You probably have cirrhosis or gall stones, see a fucking doctor.

Go seek a doctor you ass

>ruined your liver at 22
Lol

Could be worse. He could be incontinent from ketamine abuse

>thinks he may have liver scarring
>asks Veeky Forums
Nigger half of the people here will give you wrong advice so you die and they can lul. Go to the fucking doctor right now.

I don't have money. I went to the free clinic about 6 months ago and they felt up my liver and said "it doesn't feel enlarged"

Obvious bait. Don't bother replying.

6 months is a pretty long time.

How about you JUST STOP DRINKING

Nobody gave him advice besides seeing a doctor.

>8 "standard" drinks per day about 5-6 days per week for the past 5 years

holy shit

how does it make you feel we're just about the same age and you've consumed more alcohol in about a week than I have in my entire life?

Im not OP but you sound like a loser, go live a little

Like you're a pussy

i do i just don't consume alcohol often :^)

b-but it's fun

>I don't have money. I went to the free clinic about 6 months ago and they felt up my liver and said "it doesn't feel enlarged"

No money but enough to drink heavily daily.
You deserve whatever misfortunes are coming for you.

The shortest answer possible is that you're probably fine. Any damage you've done will likely revert if you stop drinking and get yourself healthy.

Everyone is different though. Some people drink much less than you have and are fucked. Some people drink more for forty years and are relatively fine.

You need to stop drinking for a very long time.

You probably already feel pretty badly in teh morning, but shortly you'll start experiencing a different discomfort at around midday. You'll start to feel physically weak and you might dry heave. There will be an ever-present tension in your chest and teh impatience you feel about everyday, banal inconveniences will give way to a profound fatigue. Your only release from the unbearable pressure of trying to live your life and maintaining a relationship with alcohol will be more alcohol. You will shed and shirk every responsiblity you have until the only one that remains is finishing that bottle--the one you eye carefully between shots to make sure you don't have to go out again that night--and procuring the next one.

You'll do all these things and feel terribly and tell others that you do it because you are dead inside, you are internaly vacant and you drink to feel something. But eventually you'll realize, as drinking time arrives earlier and earlier with each passing day, that you can't help but feel absolutely everything when you drink.

Just stop.

I only ever drink after 9pm and don't have any dry heeves or anything.

So does liver pain generally get worse when looking down or twisting sideways or is it my back?

Is the pain in your abdomen or your back?

Same boat as you OP, my pain went away (mostly) after i quit drinking. It took about a year to heal up. Now I cannot drink anymore though, it makes the pain come back.

Well it seems to be way up behind the top-mid side of my ribs and it hurts on my back directly behind it (on the part that sticks out pic related)

When I have a bender it only hurts on the bottom side of my ribs, not directly behind the top-mid part of my ribcage. If I push way up under my ribs it doesn't hurt that bad unless I went super hard for a few days before.

Not a doc, but is it possible OP has appendicitis?

Not a doc, but is it possible OP has Aspergers syndrome?

>I only ever drink after 9pm

Ah there it is, the 'i know I'm not an alcoholic because I don't do this one thing I believe defines an alcoholic'.

You are an alcoholic user. Good job not being one that drinks pre 9pm, whatever dysfunction that is supposed to bring you. Sounds like you're losing the gamble really early as well with your organs failing so quick.

I hope you wake up but I also know the odds are low, and you clearly lack insight.

I drink 3 litres of wine every weekend, and go cold turkey the rest of the week, I also get no headaches if I stay below 2L per night.

ily user, you sound like a cool guy to hang out with, 10/10 would friend

go to a doctor retard, do a full panel of liver enzymes then come back

also stop drinking

also 5 years at 22 kek wp

Dude. You drink more beer than most people drink water.

You have liver problems. Go see a doctor.

Fucking 3rd world country not giving its citizens access to basic health care. "The drunkard in the guttar is just where he ought to be"

that must be your kidneys.
as been told just stop drinking for long period of time and you'll be fine. also some mild mineral water would help with liver ache.

This.

I've struggled with booze in the past. Ive watched friends and family go down this road. It's truly sad to see someone in the depths of addiction. Seeing people hit rock bottom and ruin their lives/bodies.

It's not worth it op. Alcohol is a slow, insidious killer.

That sounds more like USA. Even third world countries donĀ“t pay for healthcare.

1. Go see a doctor
2. Get into a substance abuse program (or at least Alcoholics Anonymous)

You're an ALCOHOLIC. At the rate you're going you'll be dead by the time you're 30, 35 at the most. I suspect alcohol isn't the only substance you abuse, too.

You're fucking up in the extreme and need to knock this shit off. Don't you give a fuck about anyone else around you? What you're doing to you family and friends, making them watch you self-destruct like this? Whatever the fuck your reasons are, you need to stop being a selfish prick and knock this shit off, stop causing everyone around you so much pain with your self-destructive bullshit. Get into AA, get clean, and fucking apologize to everyone you know for all the shit you've done to them while you were fucking up. Do it starting TODAY. Or don't. Your choice, but stop making everyone else pay.

Damage to liver, kidneys, and pancreas from drinking is perminant. The best thing you can do is just stop dribeing all alcohol right now and never have another sip again as even small amounts will just make it worse. You will likely die before 65, try not to make it 50, 40, or sooner.

...what? That's what I'm saying. I'm calling the US 3rd world, as it, like 3rd world countries, doesn't offer health care.

What do you mean "even" third world countries"? Obviously, they would be the last to offer universal health care, while 1st world countries would.

Liv52 or something like that in your local pharmacy, thank me later

Oh shit, now I get what you're saying. "Even 3rd world countries" don't have to pay on their own for health care-

Disregard this post

damage to liver due to heavy car accident and removal 75% of organ isn't permanent, what are you talking about?

OP needs to be admitted somewhere for detox if he wants to quit.
If he quits cold turkey he could go into serious withdrawl symptoms and either start drinking again to get rid if the symptoms or he will seize out and end up dieing.

Alcohol withdrawl is something you can die from.

I'm an alcohol noob suggest drinks I should try
Literally in college

5 years might seem long but it really isn't. if he gets sober he might lead a normal life especially since he's young and will heal almost completely.

it's the same with cigarettes, if you quit when you are young it isn't that bad. the problem is that most people keep drinking/smoking well into their thirties where the body just isn't capable of healing itself + the damage is too extensive.

Basic liver and kidney function tests shouldn't be too expensive if you are this worried about it. You should really stop behaviour that damages your liver, though.

Milk thistle, tudca, nac, same shit for liver damage from oral steroid use.
see a doctor and stop fucking drinking until you're better

Funnily enough when I was 22 I had something similar. I got gastritis or gastronitis or something like, basically I got an ulcer in my stomach from all the acidity caused by excess drinking over a long and sustained period of time
(I was drinking insane amounts looking back on it)

I quit drinking for like 3 weeks and the pain in my stomach went away. Then I continued. The pain would return whenever I drank a stupid amount. I didn't learn my lesson for a few months.
Eventually I stopped drinking to excess though and as far as I can tell my body fixed itself. I'll still get drunk every so often; but never that much again
In case you're wondering, at its height I was drinking 30+ units a night / 100+ units a week

Like you have missed out on some shit

Beer? Hard liquor?

How old are you now?

taper back and if you have withdrawals
pop benedryl/store brand.

drink more water

I wonder how fucked up OP's skin and teeth are at this point.

Ayy not OP but that's hitting too close to true.
How to stop? Can't a a because agnostic

I didn't do AA, but i did got to a meeting. It was some scary fucking shit man. Some people there had truly transformed their lives and tehmselves, but others, even after doing the work of getting sober, were still utterly alone. A few of them had swallowed their pride and reached out to people they'd wronged, intentionally or not. Of these men, two or three heard nothing at all. They were utterly alone in their new selves.

I tapered off. There is some evidence that for a substantial portion of addicts, they simply spontaneously remit. That is, they reach a certain point where the drug has lost its appeal and no longer has control over the mind.

Sobering up was awfully boring but with pharmaceuticals for sleep and dedicatino to a hobbies (fitness should be one of those) you can get yourself clean. It's really as simple as not drinking anymore and filling your life with other things. Now I'm honestly too busy to bother with the shit.

I'll have 1k days sober tomorrow, and I've got shit to do to get ready for my day tomorrow, and the same thign for tomorrow night and the night after. I can't make much, if any, room for drinking for the foreseeable future.

Caveat: meeting peopel, especially girls, will be much much harder withotu alcohol. You need to do the work on yourself to get ot a place where you are confident enough to do that shit sober.

>Beer? Hard liquor?
Both.
Lots of wine too. I literally drank everything save whiskey, and even then I still drank it occasionally (although I still do that now, just in moderation)
25 now

OP is a fucking drunk but you are a pussy. Live a little, it's called a cheat day

At 22 his skin will be fine, even if his liver is fucked. His teeth though...I don't even want to know

Go to AA, stop drinking, go buy Solgar Lipotropic Factors and take it per the instructions.

HepC here, fraud suggested Tudca/nac which I'm taking now while I arrange a cure. It's not cheap but neither is your liver.

>enough money for 11,000 beers
>can't afford a trip to the doctor