Tell me why my logic is wrong

Tell me why my logic is wrong.

I spent several months bulking up and eating nearly 4k-5k calories a month, while making consistent muscle gains and gaining fat.

I now can lift pretty heavy.

Explain to me why a 15 day fast to lose 20 lbs is wrong. I have watched a video of a man do it. I am not sure of the legitimacy of the video, but I am post on the presumption that it is true.

If you can use fat as energy instead of glycogen, then why is it worse than calorie restricting diet?

It seems like eating 1500 calories for 6 months would do more damage to my muscles than a 15 day fast. I plan on doing multiple fasts, just not consecutively.

Video of a guy fasting for 15 days:

youtube.com/watch?v=XNMKcYtGCxA

I fasted for a week and couldn't go any longer. Put most of the wieght back on too, I have a lot harder time comtrolling what I eat now

Just do it under medical observation. You need to take supplements to prevent malnutrition and monitor your body functions by a professional.

stop looking for some idiot to convince you otherwise

there's literally NOTHING wrong with fasting

its the GOAT. do it as long as you can last to lose all the fat you need to. there is no adverse effects and you damn sure won't be losing muscle mass.

While it is true that you'll oxidize your fat stores, your body will, to a much larger extent, breakdown protein into ketone bodies. Thus, you'll lose fat but in turn lose a greater deal of muscle. "Supplement" your fast with protein.

I am 7 days into my water fast and I am feeling pretty good and lost 18lbs so far. Im sure like 5 of those lbs were water weight though.

Are you taking multi vitamins?

This guy has no clue what he is talking about. When you fast you lose almost 0 muscle mass because your body starts producing a lot more HGH which means you keep more of your muscle then if you were doing a traditional calorie deficient diet.

I am taking multivitamins and some Himalayan salt when I am feeling low energy. Also make sure not to stand up too quickly or you get really light headed and its annoying.

Straight up 15 days without food will empty your fat reserves sure.
But have you thought about other factors aswell man?
We need more than just fat to survive. There's a reason your body, muscles, brain and other organs uses other sources of energy such as protein and carbs. Sure calories in calories out is true to a certain extend but in the end your body will begin eating itself.
What I would reccomend is either do some intermettient fasting or simply stick to a lower calorie diet.

Your neuroendocrine feedback systems will be fucked up.

There are people who stuff their mouths with 5k calories of taco bell. I am not worried about a small fast.

Alternate day fasting as shown in your diagram and a 14 day total fast are a hell of alot different. You will burn through your glycogen stores pretty damn quick, if you are neet and don't have to function it may be doable but you will not loose it for the long term.

The fatter you are the easier it is to fast.I did a 30 day fast of lots of water and multivitamins.I went from 250 to 205.Basically I walked every day and night and lifted 3x a week full body.At first it was kinda hard but after the first week I actually felt better like mentally I was more alert and more upbeat also even though I dont have acne my face completely cleared up and I slept better.Right now Im doing IF but I want to fast again for 30 days

People who complain about fasting are ham planets who cant control their hunger. Fat people cant go more than 10 hours without food.

I'm not overweight nor I've ever been but I literally can't lift and not faint if I don't eat at least something throughout the day. I can pull off a low cal diet but total fasting just makes me incredibly irritated, low energy and I can't sleep for shit. I simply can not imagine 30 days without food and being able to move, function and work&focus for 30 days straight.

so youre telling me that you cant spend 5-10 days fasting to lose some weight? You dont have to lift during this period.

You'd rather spend months on a low calorie diet???

>I have watched a video of a man do it.

Well if you've watched a guy on the internet do it by all means fast away.

Did you bother even reading my post you dumb fucking nigger? I am just saying that there are many people on youtube who showcase their fasting. I have other motivations for doing it as well.

Look at the eyes of that man during the process. He's dying inside. Liver has glycogen stores for about 72 hours, then you'll be on low energy mode.

Well if you've seen many people on the internet do it go ahead my man.

Why are you here? Go do it. Nothing is stopping you. I really don't care either way. Go ahead. It's your choice.

Do you think anyone here on Veeky Forums cares what you do? I won't even remember this thread by the end of the day.

He has bags on day 1...

I posted on Veeky Forums in hopes of having an actual discussion about low calorie diets vs fasting.

> u watched a vid of someone fasting so u should go fast heheh

Nice contribution, you dumb nigger.

>actual discussion about low calorie diets vs fasting.

Yet you've responded to each post with
>I want to fast
>I'm going to fast
>I've seen videos. I want to fast

You don't want a discussion. You just want to fast and have made up your mind. You want justification from internet strangers to follow videos made by internet strangers. And you have it. Go do it, go fast.

>huffing bags of corn chips and peanuts
the fuck

You are a monkey.

I posted a hypothetical scenario to see what other Veeky Forumsizens would say. I am not genuinely interested in fasting for myself, I am more interested in which the more efficient method of fat loss would be. Now fuck off, you nigger.

Or you know, just do a protein sparing modified fast. The body can only get about 50ish % of the calories it needs through protein breakdown. Whether your own or from food. So of you eat nothing but chicken breasts you're body won't bother breaking down your own muscle at all.

His eyelids keep going down when he's not exclaiming... like he's on booze or something.

why arent more people doing this then

well of course
he's a vegan

I sprint and lift hard and I can't do that if I don't eat at all. And I really couldn't get anything done at work if I fasted for such extensive periods. I do IF however and love that shit. But there's a point where after I just notice that I can't sleep well and I feel very weak, similar to the feeling of having fever.

My cuts doesn't last several months since I don't have much to cut anyway and I go in pretty harsh with limited diet, IF and vigorous HIIT cardio. Right now I'm also cutting but on a modest phase and I don't find this hard at all. I track my calories and started gradually eating less and less. I just basically cut the crap out of my diet and added cardio. I feel good and I don't feel like I'm on a diet for real. At first I had gravings but now if I fancy something sweet I'll just have a half a cookie or something a day which is basically nothing.

You can't fast forever anyway so I don't see a reason why not just increase your daily calory consumption by moving around more and fixing your diet. Than to give such shock treatment for your body and fuck with your lifts.

This is just my guess though but I could imagine that after a long ass fast your body would think that it must prepare itself for such hunger periods by adding fat reserves for the future. Meaning that you'd actually gain fat more easily after the fast is over. >inb4 calories in calories out, yeah but hormones plays a big role when it comes to your metabolism. It's not quite that easy after all. For example high cortisol (stress hormone) levels makes you gain more fat.

You gotta take those videos with grain of salt. Lots of clickbaits and people who make money with YouTube trying to sell their ideas or some products and make you watch their videos. There is no real evidence they actually did what they claimed and didnt just actually do lots of cardio, avoid sodium and sweat in sauna before taking pump pics. Or even used some illegal fat burning meds.