/fat/ - watching " my 600lb life" for motivation edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fatty fatty boombalatties of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fatty fatty boombalatties of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Previous Thread: → #

>hop on my bike
>ride around 1 mile
>start feeling dizzy
>head aches a bit

Seems like I'll never make it.

blood tests and shit tomorrow. pls no diabetes. pls no high cholestrol. pls let everything be fine, i don't mind getting scolded for my weight, but pls, nothing else.

broke my 250~ MFP streak somehow

I don't even remember.

feels kinda bad man, all my days are filled out still

I just got my library assoc. test score this morning. Got 93. However, the letter says the scores are scored in relation to everyone else so that whoever got 70+ is eligible (supposed to be top 5 scorers), so I'm not sure how many questions I actually got right.

Welp, hopefully I am called for an interview soon. One step closer to my dream job [field].

Ik this has nothing to do with /fat/ but we're all trying to glo up in more ways than one around here

I ate some artichoke dip, ice cream, half a chicken, some chocolate, some cookies, pasta, two slices of pizza, and a breadstick in a 24 hour span. Am I gonna make it?

>watching " my 600lb life" for motivation

man i used to binge-watch that show when i was 16-17 years old. i'd ride my (stationary) bike for 2-3 hours while watching it, shed tons of weight that way

funnily enough, even though it was hard as fuck to cycle for so long as a 175cm/150kg fatboi, i kinda miss those days. i should start doing more cardio

Am I gonna make it?

i think my mom has the same fucking fork

>coworker made chili for lunch
>I had a bowl
>not sure how much
>not sure what to mark in MFP
I wish I was better at eyeballing calories.

dont sweat it user (heh, get it, pepe is sweating)

just google how much a bowl of regular chili weighs, then find any chili in mfp and log it

yes it could be way over, or way under, but in the grand scheme of things, 1 meal doesn't really matter. what matters is you gave your best, you logged it, and now move on. tomorrow is a new day when you'll be way better than today, and the day after tomorrow you'll be better than tomorrow.

here's a quote i like to get back to when i'm feeling fucked

"People quit because it takes too long to see results, because they can't figure out that the process is the result."

>been at this weight loss thing for about a month now
>look in the mirror and see that one man tit is smaller than the other

Guess we're getting there.

One side of my stomach looks like it has a crater in it now, i know this feel

Post meals of the day, anons.

Here's mine, my only meal of the day (OMAD).

>two slices of smoked "bacon" (the closest thing we have in my country)
>two eggs
>smoked gouda cheese
>lettuce

>wine leaves stuffed with rice
>mediterranean roasted veggies (bell pepper, eggplant, chili pepper)
>a few spicy green and black olives
>two cuts of french baguette to scoop roasted veggies

>a slice of watermelon
>half a small melon
>two apricots
>roughly two squares of 90% dark chocolate with raspberry bits in it

I'm estimating it at around 1000 calories which is a bit on the higher end for my meal averages.

Thank you. I went with this because I know what mix he used, just not the amount of beef. Thankfully it seems to be a pretty healthy mix.

I like your quote.

How long have you been fasting bro?

How do you know if you are actually hungry.
>tfw too much of a fat fuck to actually know when I need to eat

no pic but:
>~300g homemade stir fry
>1 whole tomato
>two sunny side up eggs
>a can of tuna (~110grams of fish)
>200g cottage cheese
>300mL lowfat yogurt

that's one meal

the other is some meat, more cottage cheese, more veggies, and a protein shake if i feel i didn't hit 150g+ protein

Should I be drinking protein powder on a cut? Not lifting at the moment because work schedule is too fucked for me to lift and get a proper amount of sleep. So I bike in the evenings instead.

I do, its 140 calories for 27g of protien which is really efficient

3L of water

so what are you saying? a cycle of DNP will be effective at removing those fat cells, but a normal cut wouldn't be?

what's the distinction? I've never heard of this before.

here's a tip: eat 2 (big-ish) meals per day. that way you:
1. simplify things. 2 bigs meal are easier to track than 6 small meals + snacks inbetween or whatever
2. get to eat a lot of food in one sitting. especially if you have a salad, or some other low calorie food.
check that's me.
3. know (you will eventually if not at the start) how much calories/protein you ate. we are creatures of habit, and it's 300x easier to lose weight if you have 5 or 6 typical meals you will eat through the week. track your food for 10 days, after that you'll know in advance how much you actually ate, and won't have to meddle with myfitnesspal (some people like mfp, i never quite liked it, thus i developed this method)
4. be less hungry. i guarantee you, 2 big meals per day, spread ~6 hours apart from one another, and you'll never be hungry. drink sugarless coffee/tea, and water when you're not eating.

Losing 2lb a week?

Making scotch eggs today so it would be sausage and eggs essentially

should you eat chicken breast on a cut? god the fucking supplement industry washed people's brains with promises of "20 lbs of LEAN MUSCLE in JUST 10 DAYS with this SUPERAWESOME PROTEIN POWDER"

protein powder is a supplement, meaning it supplements your protein intake. which means if you can't quite hit your protein intake goal for a particular day, for any given reason (maybe you forgot to cook some meat/fish, you have no cheese/egs in the fridge, etc.), you drink some protein powder in the form of a shake to SUPPLEMENT your intake of PROTEIN

hey user, what did your stir fry consisted of?

chicken breast, onions, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, garlic powder and chicken stock (+ salt/pepper/cumin powder). i cook that shit in chicken stock until it is reduced to almost liquidless mushy goodness. don't even know if it should be called a stir fry, that's what i call it lol

I almost never hit my daily goal of 1g/lb of lean mass. I hardly even hit 100g. Im a 25 y.o. male, 5'11" 316 as of this morning. Started at 330

if the roasted veggies are drenched in oi as usual, that meal has more like 1500kcal.

200g is enough for most people, maybe drinking will help you get up that, cause 100g is like 350g of chicken, which is literally one meal

Dinner thoughts?

How many calories is this, I'm not sure myself.

why are you eating so much bread? i'd eat that amount in 3-4 days

4/10 replace bread with more vegetables, more meats, or something like cottage cheese

why do people have to ruin everything with bread...
My co-workers think i'm a madman because i refuse to eat anything that has flour in it, they tease me for it, then at the end of the day they ask how am i not tired, and am i really going to go to the gym after so much work....

Other than that, it's alright.

lift hard, eat as much protein as you can. to remind you, here are some sources of protein:
eggs, fish, meats, cheeses (esp low fat cottage cheese), yogurt (esp greek yogurt), beans, milk, whey protein, deli meats

you don't have to be very diligent about it, because you have a lot of weight to lose, but lifting hard (meaning as heavy as you can!), and trying to eat as much protein as possible will result in you not looking like a smaller, but still kinda fat/narrow shoulder/flabby arms version of yourself.

Thanks for your concern, the mediterranean diet does indeed have a tendency to soak anything in oil, but those veggies just have been -lightly- coated with olive oil, and roasted then pureed with a bit of spices and tomato reduction.
Being from the region, I am very well acquainted with the danger of underestimating calories from oil. I took it into account.
Good looking out though, user.

PS: just an update post-meal pic related. once again my eyes were bigger than my stomach.
So I'm thinking I won't be above 1000 cal for sure now.

Looking good, is that homemade garlic bread?
Share recipe if you have it. I'd prefer breasts to thighs, but it's just a matter of personal taste.

Also I like the platter, user!

what the hell is that in the upper right hand corner?
it looks like 3 different animals took a shit on one plate

genuinely curious, no offense, but lmao

why hate bread senpai, it's okay as long as it fits his macros and calories

500 calories

>can feel my abs sticking out
>can feel my arms
>shoulders and neck look fucking good when flexing, because there's little fat there
>under the proper light I look good
>but it's still hidden
>know I don't look like total shit underneath what's left of this fat
>but still can't see what I "really" look like

Anyone else know this very particular feel?

How fast were you going, what gear, and was it all uphill - even a slight slope?
Try walking for a couple weeks to get yourself used to moving more. Cycling is easier on joints than running, but it does require more effort, which is why you generally burn more calories cycling.
Also did you eat before? Two eggs or a banana are good. You need electrolytes. I'm not saying go chug three Gatorades but you can drink some smartwater or drink two parts water to one part Powerade. Try Zero for calorie reasons and good luck. It'll get easier

I wish I could lift hard user, but with my job, working with my dad, we're on the road alot so I don't get home until late, and the closest gym is 40mins away. So to add exercise to my days I bike. I want to get back in the gym, but I need a new job first, trying to get a refrigeration apprenticeship.

it's unnecessary fluff/calories to your meals, at least for me. i eat bread only with things i can't eat without it, for example eggs. i fucking hate the texture of omelettes or sunny side up eggs, and thus have to have some bread with 'em.

but yeah, if you like it, and it fits your macros, it's okay. just the matter of taste i guess

Ha ha ha, you gave me a good chuckle user!
I know it doesn't look good...It's my mom's cooking, just to be honest, but I'll tell you what it is: it's pureed roasted vegetables (mostly eggplant giving it this mushy, brownish tint),
and the other thing is wine leaves stuffed with rice.
I agree with you that it doesn't look good, but it does taste alright.

i know the feeling. i experienced this the other day:
>friend who started gym 2 months ago stands next to me in front of a mirror
>he's ottermode, skinnyish, 188 cm, but great genetics - wide shoulders, low lat insertions, kinda like a swimmer
>i've been hitting the gym for 1.5 years, am 190cm, 110kg, but my fucking genetics are trash: wide hips, narrow shoulders, high lat insertions
>yes i can and will lose 15ish more kg, but my genetics will still be trash

the only things i have going for me are nice biceps insertions and strong as fuck lower body. im 190cm tall with a 202cm arm span. i wasn't born to look good and i want to fucking call it quits and just become a cardio bunny, fuck.

for reference, i'm not fucking around in the gym, i've lost 30kg so far, and my lifts are:
180kg deadlift
150kg squat
90kg bench (GOTTA LOVE DAT FUCKING ARM SPAN)
70kg ohp
1 arm db row 40kg x15
100kg pulldown x10 (can do 2 or 3 proper chinups)

this is not a sob story, i will never quit lifting, just fucking hate the cards i've been dealt when it comes to my looks

bread is shit, im right there with you. all it does it make me hungry.

pasta I like but it does the same thing. I don't get full on it until I'm absolutely stuffed, and then I'm hungry soon after.

Yeah I am, in the gym, 6 days a week though for what its worth

it sounds like it tastes good, but ya it looks bad kek

>First time eating raw broccoli as a meal
>I-it tastes just like peas
I'm gonna get through it bros

Is a long road

I've been sabotaging myself with binges and such and thus basically slowing my progress to a crawl, but even in spite of that the trend IS towards weight loss

I might even make it to the sub 200 pound mark by Friday

It's just a damn shame that so many other people get discouraged and quit. It might take a long, long, LONG time, but I believe that I'm gonna make it, and I believe that almost anyone can too if they have patience and persistence

Just stir-fry it if you want to retain the nutrients retard

How many calories does a gym session burn?

There are so many individual factors that go into that question that it is almost entirely impossible to answer

around 300 calories MAX, provided youre over 250lbs and that you're moving constantly, with minimum rest, and lifting heavy

there's some "afterburn" aswell, but not much really.

lifting weights is not done for the calorie burn effect, it's done so you don't lose the muscle mass you already have (and possibly gain a bit), so that you don't look like a stick when you're done shedding the fat off of you.

If you want them to taste better cook them. You should be cooking all of your meals.

>lost 4kg this month
>zero visual difference

Just fuck my life up

The fact that you managed to lose 4kg in a month means you're probably starting from pretty high up. Just keep at it or you'll be forever fatty and will end up in /fph/.

I'm not fasting anymore.

Breakfast- 3 egg omelette with 2 sausages

Lunch- coffee with 4 squares of chocolate (snack)

Dinner- two large chicken breasts, diced pepper, onion and carrot cooked in faijia spices.
Side dish of rice with peas and spinach.

Find it's possible to eat a bit shitty but only if I sacrifice another meal. Problem I have is I burn through veg now and have to constantly buy new stuff.

Down 11lbs in 5 weeks.

I guess MFP's 2lbs per week calorie limit is pretty accurate.

>Cycling is easier on joints than running, but it does require more effort, which is why you generally burn more calories cycling.
What? I always had the impression that you burn more calories by cycling because you can cycle longer, like you can do more than an hour of cycling every day, while doing the same amount of running would be impractical (at least for a beginner). Plus I'm always drenched in sweat after running, even when it's cold, which doesn't happen after cycling.

you can request a reset via desktop site.

would have been perfect without the sugar, oops I mean bread

>doing weight """loss""" for a week now
>weight more
Kill me, and I thought I was doing well.

Those of you fatties who have problem with motivation should really try exercising. I'm sitting in front of my computer, feeling sore and comfy after cycling, stretching, and taking a cold shower (I know the shower thing is a meme, but holy shit does it feel good in this heat), with no intention of eating anything for the rest of the day, even though I'm hungry. It's much easier to give in on the days I don't do any exercise. OMAD helps psychologically too, at least in my experience.

Four slices of pizza for breakfast and chic filet nuggets for dinner.

No pic, because I ate it 8 hours ago, but
>3 chicken schnitzels with mashed potato
>a glass of milk

There's no way you won't look good if you gain some serious muscle and stay low body fat. Good luck user.

Not that user, but fried/cooked vegetables taste like shit (with a few exception). How much more nutrients do you retain if you cook them? Like 150-200%? Even more?

I have this problem too, and my BMI is 21, so I'm not even that fat now. I guess I'll see a huge difference once my abs become visible.

Is self made pizza that bad to eat?

fuck 1200 cals a day
adderall and one meal a day will get me to my goal in 3- 4 months rather than 10

>I'm always drenched in sweat after running, even when it's cold, which doesn't happen after cycling.
Yeah that's what I love about cycling, the wind makes it bearable even when it's hot out. So long as you don't stop.
The thing about cycling, it's easy to slack off and just coast. Never stop pedalling and don't let up on flat/downhill sections.

Why are you doing that to yourself man

Haven't found a cooked vegetable yet that taste like shit. And boiling is the only thing that ruins the nutrients. Steaming vegetables retains pretty much everything that the raw vegetable has.

Shit in the case of carrots it's healthier to eat them cooked

Yeah, I try to average 21-23 km/h with my mountain bike, and I don't really stop pedaling during the whole trip. I just don't think it burns more calories than running for the same amount of time.

That's one way to do it

Yes, but it's a fuckton easier to portion everything out to fit your budget. Only problem's if you're one of those sorts of people that can't stomach reheated pizza and so insists on finishing the whole thing off that night.

Doing the same via PSMF. Should hit my goal in a month or two, in theory.

I can drop about 12 lbs in 5 days, but that was after 2 days of cheating so that could be mostly water for all I know.

It certainly can do. Not sure how accurate Fitbit's exercise tracking is, but so far my 2000 cals in 3000 cals out matches my progress.

Mind you, this is with an average heart rate of almost 160, probably higher than recommended.

>n average heart rate of almost 160

WORRIED FOR YOU

If you have a max heart rate of 195, 160 is perfectly fine.

How am I doing /fat/ bros?

Don't know what my max is, resting hovers around 55-60.

pls stop

had a mcdonalds piri chicken wrap at 4am because I couldn't sleep, bad decision I know
that was 500kcal
then I made a turkey sandwich before work, that was 300kcal

considering there's only 81 minutes of the day left, I guess it could be worse.

Roughly 220 minus your age

CONFESS

There has not been a single day since I started counting calories that I hit my protein goal

why? it won't help

I'm 71 calories over today and I don't feel like lifting heavy things.

On the bright side I had a phone interview today that was probably my best one ever.

Share stories, fellas. Feel like putting this one out;

>been fat all my life
>only time i wasn't fat was years back, literally got a girl as thick as you can imagine (not fat) send me desperate nudes out of frustration of me not wanting to bang that (disguised virgin)
>back to highschool, fat as it gets
>shy
>however, am liked by almost all school that knew me
>hot girls in my class decide to bully me by trying to embarrass me by sitting on my lap(yes) and hug me
>was so very awkward and timid at the time i didn't even get horny, just wanted to get the fuck out of there
>about 6-7 hot girls sitting on my lap with her legs spread, hugging me from behind, pressing their breasts against me

This was long before bullying was so openly talked about as a fetish around here or anywhere. I legitimately never got horny around them because i was so embarrassed by my lard body and because i knew they were being spiteful to me. Fapped at the time maybe only 2 to 3 times to the memory, even though i was ''harassed'' everyday.

Pic related are what they looked like(not as gorgeous face-wise, but same body). Managed to make out with at least two of them during my hot —and short lived— phase. One day i may be able to bring out the handsome me even more handsome again. I'm sure of it.

Ordered a large pizza today.
Plot twist: ate a big kebab beforehand.

Why is eating the same thing every day bad? I'm not some rich boi that can afford a ton of variety.

I'm reading a book on running right now (Daniels' Running Formula by Jack Daniels), and he says that those calculations can be somewhat inaccurate, he suggests doing several hard 2-minute uphill runs to determine max heart rate.

I think you're more likely to get some nutrient deficiency that way. Like if you eat different things, you may not get everything you need every day, but it kinda averages out over time, however if you always eat the same thing, you will continuously be deprived of the same nutrient.

I'm poor as dirt, but willpower goes a long, long way. In fact it's the basis of your weight loss. Don't try challenging yourself unnecessarily by only eating the same thing ever. The more tired you get of it, the easier it'll be to toss it aside and cheat.

Never compare yourself to others, only to your past self- aslong as you're hitting those PRs and trying everyday you're doing good user.