Vegan Blend

Just got myself some vegan blend from myprotein, decided to cut back on my meat and dairy consumption after watching What the Health.

I got unflavoured and the taste is kinda revolting.

What can i throw into my blender with this to make it bearable?

Other urls found in this thread:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883
sfefs.ethz.ch/pdf/Wegmueller_429_e.pdf
instagram.com/shawnbaker1967/
medpagetoday.com/Blogs/CardioBuzz/46860
well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/advice-from-a-vegan-cardiologist/
lmgtfy.com/?q=What is bias
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vanilla flavoured whey

A steak.

I'm not one of those vegans that get scared of meat and dairy, I just wan to cut back on it and take care of my health, like most of this board imply they do.

Vegans are deficit in b12:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

High fiber diets reduce serum half life of vitamin D3:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329

Vegans have weaker bones due to lower calcium intake and vitamin D3 levels:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278

Vegans have less gains compared to non vegans:

m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full

Vegans are deficient in omega threes:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928

>I want to eat my cake AND have it, too

Vegan protein tastes like shit. Either deal with that, or stick to whey and do your animal-product-cutting from some other part of your diet instead. By the way, What The Health is propaganda. You got suckered.

Vegans are deficient in taurine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491

Vegans are deficient in iodine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354

Vegans are deficient in Coenzyme Q10:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950

Vegans are deficient in iron due to the fact that iron from plant sources is less bioavailable than iron from meat sources:

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606

Vegans are deficient in vitamin A:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full

Vegans have a lower sperm count than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/

Vegans have lower testosterone than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

Veganism causes loss of libido and erectile dysfunction:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476

>Propaganda

Please elaborate

I'm not going vegan. I still eat 4 eggs a day and now I'm trying to cut back on meat cause I easily eat a pound of it a day.

Children who are raised on strict vegan diets do not grow normally:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079

Children develop rickets after prolonged periods of strict vegetarian diets:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf

"There are some links between vegetarians and lower birthweight and earlier labour"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369

Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency on brain development in children:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/

"Particular attention should be paid to adequate protein intake and sources of essential fatty acids, iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamins B12 and D. Supplementation may be required in cases of strict vegetarian diets with no intake of any animal products."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/

These next five are case studies:

Cerebral atrophy in a vitamin B12-deficient infant of a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673

Severe megaloblastic anemia in child breast fed by a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642

Consequences of exclusive breast-feeding in vegan mother newborn - case report:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244

Nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency in a breast-fed infant of a vegan-diet mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463

"We report the case of a 7 month-old girl that presented with acute anemia, generalized muscular hypotonia and failure to thrive. Laboratory evaluation revealed cobalamin deficiency, due to a vegan diet of the mother."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883

>Please elaborate

The film was made by vegans to convert people. They do not and will not acknowledge any studies that back up the value of animal products. They don't actually care about your health. They care about sad cows. If you care about sad cows, great. If you don't, there's no reason to torture yourself with inferior supplements.

>you are so stupid that you change your life according to a documentary without any fact checking
Do whatever you want cuck

Vegetarianism > veganisn

I see an element of that too but I think my consumption of animal products is a bit excessive and I need to cut back.

That being said is there anything I can add to my shake to make it taste better

We already answered that question cuck

You want to take better care of your health, yet you use protein powders.

Stupid.

fuck off

>I think my consumption of animal products is a bit excessive and I need to cut back

Okey-doke.

>is there anything I can add to my shake to make it taste better

Frozen banana.

How would using a protein powder be bad for my health?

If I'm cutting back on meat and dairy and I still need to hit my macros I have to use a protein supplement. Unless I want to eat fuck tons of beans and have horrible gas, which I don't.

Vegans are subhuman and impossible to argue with. If you say you don't feel bad about killing animals they will compare it to raping children or murdering people. If you then say it's not the same they will say respond with some tumblr comic showing "dude just don't eat meat". Then you say, I'm going to keep eating me, I don't think it's that bad. Then they'll relate it to murdering humans or raping little boys. It is a closed looped and it's impossible to win. I'm seriously convinced that vegans are psychopaths or suffer from some type of schizoaffective disorder. They play morality police and at the same time compare murdering conscious humans to slaughtering an animal for a food source. Really fucked up.

Thank you senpai

This same copypasta, and you still don't understand that most people eat like shit, vegan or not. B12 deficiency, iodine deficiency etc. are all avoidable from either eating correctly or supplementation.

You'll find that omnivores are deficient in fiber, vitamin C etc. when compared to vegans too. Does that mean eating meat makes you deficient in vitamin C and fiber? No, not eating enough vitamin C and fiber makes you deficient.

sfefs.ethz.ch/pdf/Wegmueller_429_e.pdf

Stop spreading your shitty propaganda in every vegan thread, as if you've stumbled upon some remarkable knowledge that reveals the truth about vegan diets. Most people, especially health-conscious people already know this shit, they know that they have to be more careful about what they eat. I'm 100% certain you either have full-blown autism or are a shill for the meat industry.

I feel you op. After watching my parents die slow painful deaths associated with a life time of terrible eating, i decided to really cut back on my meat intake as well.
Now i only eat meat on Sundays when im hanging out with my girlfriend and her family.

Anyways, to answer your question. Look into Nutraleaf protein. Its the best plant based protein ive ever tasted, and the macros are better than most.

Cup of milk, tbsp of plain greek yogurt, frozen fruit of your choice and 1 tsp of chia seeds if you have them.

Peanut butter and bannas bro, all you need

Will do, just got my 2.5kg of vegan blend so that'll last a few months.

Have you noticed any benefits of reducing your meat intake?

Anyone with such a severe reaction to the thought of animals being killed isn't a psychopath for comparing it to children being murdered, they're just retarded for thinking that killing an animal is that bad. You're the dumbass for projecting your own lack of concern for animals onto them.

You're both equally retarded, and neither of you have any grasp of ethics or morality beyond that of a ten year old.

Thanks, my neighbor growing up had a farm and I used to spend summers tending livestock, I volunteer at animal shelters, and I eat locally sourced meat that has been treated humanly. Please enlighten me on how to change my horrible murderous ways.

Guess what numpty, I think that's fucking grand and I actually support that unironically. I eat fish so like I give a shit. All I'm saying is that you still don't understand ethical philosophy.

The most immediate change was going to the bathroom alot more often, and i lost weight pretty fast for the first couple months before i found better ways of getting my calories in. Other than that, i havent necessarily felt better or worse. I get plenty of protein in now, and i supplement with whey as well. My training has stayed consistent. Im not looking at making this change to have "more energy" like some vegans like to shout, i know that itll be a change that benefits me long term

Soy milk tastes just like regular milk. Alternatively, there's almond milk.

btw almond milk tastes sweet but has little protein

Soy increases estrogen and decreases testosterone

Can you tell me if soy milk has the same bio availability as cows milk?

BS. milk alternatives taste ok but they have little nutritional value.

>Soy milk tastes just like regular milk

No. No, it does not.

>Alternatively, there's almond milk

Tastes better than milk! But it has no protein.

>alternative to the alternative, there's protein nut milk

Tastes like soy milk.

You're legitimately fucking retarded, whey has no lactose, no fat, hardly any cholesterol and has a greater amino acid index than any vegan protein sources, fuck off dude

There's nothing wrong with protein powders, you're just mad because someones squeezing the hell out of an innocent cows tits so I can make mad gainz

I am going to guess no. But it has the same taste and consistency and is less likely to give you gyno, cancer, whatever else you're scared of. Soy milk with fruit would make that protein powder bearable. I know Veeky Forums likes to have a fit about soy while ignoring what mammalian estrogens especially from the secretions of pregnant animals does to the human body.

>decided to cut back on my meat and dairy consumption after watching What the Health.
instagram.com/shawnbaker1967/ You can thrive on a purely carnivorous diet. This man is an orthopedic surgeon who leads by example.

thank you based sr

Just as it was said last night, nearly all of these links are either read incorreclty and don't say what they're being claimed to say

this

>!GF-1

The president of the American College of Cardiology is vegan and recommends a plant based diet to his patients.

medpagetoday.com/Blogs/CardioBuzz/46860
well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/advice-from-a-vegan-cardiologist/

>surgeon I.e alpha in hospital eats meat
>medicine is a beta vegan
Stereotypes really are based on reality

>.com
>blog
>vegan
lmgtfy.com/?q=What is bias

Really don't understand how someone could be vitamin C deficient in the modern world, shit is in everything.

No milk alternative has the same taste as milk.
You forget what milk tastes like if you think so, this is coming from someone who is lactose intolerant and drinks almond and soy milk.
And definitely not the same consistency, the reason I don't drink soy as much is because there is a "chalkiness" to it, it's not nearly as smooth as almond milk or dairy.