Whey flavours

What's the best brand/flavour you've come across?

Myprotein have loads of flavours and I'm looking to order some more.

Any other brands you'd recommend?

I've just finished a packet of strawberry cream flavour that was like strawberry nesquick.
Wasn't bad mixed with water either.
I also have casein that has to be mixed with milk otherwise it tastes like vanilla piss.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/55mtkj/i_tried_out_every_flavor_sample_of_myprotein/d8nxlz8/?st=j06tcx7l&sh=8db3c89c
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/55mtkj/i_tried_out_every_flavor_sample_of_myprotein/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Banana is the shit.

heard it the banana flavour is proper fake tasting?

I'm awaiting some of their protein, looking forward to try

im starting to think theres a myprotein shill

All flavored whey protein taste like chemical bile. Anyone who says otherwise has the taste buds of a fucking pleb poor faggot nigger who eats microwaved dinners.

Just buy unflavored.

from my protein, i've tried 2:

Banana - this is okay but I find it a bit sickly sometimes, but then i've been having it 3x a day for a month

Cinnamon danish - this is nice but super super sweet. Really good for porridge. Its actually pretty sickly in a shake (I have 1 scoop + 8 fl0z whole milk)

I've heard Chocolate Smooth is good, just bought 2.5kg of that, so we'll see. My friend swears by it.

I like mocha

This is completely false and you'd know that if you weren't buying retarded supplements with insane claims that turn out to have a suggested serving size of 3 scoops.

Raspboberry for them there ketones

Think I might order cookies n cream or choc orange.

I wanna try the weirder flavours though like tiramisu.

Bitch I asked for any other brands. Don't blame me that your dumbass can't read and then write a constructive post.

only good with milk?
or alright with water?

Myprotein is like the biggest place in the UK to buy this shit from so thats probably how most of us get our whey and shit.

Prices aint bad either, compared to Amazon or shit like GOLD STANDARD WHEY 100% SUPER PRO CLEAN MUTANT MASS GAINER

Never had it with milk. Tastes decent with water. But I mix it with 100g unflavoured instant oats

Raspberry is so bad it makes me almost puke. I ended up buying an extra pack of Blueberry and now i mix half a scoop of each to cover the Raspberry flavor.

Blueberry on its own is amazing, highly recommend

Can anyone vouch for cookies n cream? or does it taste like the ON cookies and cream which was absolute shit

>not wanting to go mutant

I enjoyed chocolate, cookies and cream and currently the smooth chocolate soy protein.

Had a coconut one too but wasn't really tasty.

who has the best price on the net though?
>i care about flavor
if i were to order in bulk where should i go

strawberry cream is my favorite from myprotein
chocolate is pretty good
chocolate mnt is great but very minty and hard to drink frequently

Chocolate coconut ain't bad, but banana is probably the best

I bought the sample box and my opinion is:
Pecan Pie - TRASH
Strawberry Jam Roly Poly - not the best, wouldn't buy again
Apple Crumble & Custard - nah
Tiramisu - okish
Banoffee - can't remember, therefore not good
Chocolate Brownie - really good, even if I am not a chocolate fan
Natural Banana - the old banana chewing gum taste - nope
Natural Chocolate - I liked it
Natural Vanilla - can't remember
Natural Strawberry - meh

I tried The Protein Works with
Apple and cinnamon - acceptable but wouldn't recommend
Vanilla Creme - FUCKING AMAZING
Wild raspberry - tastes like a chemical factory

I would definitely recommend the Vanilla Creme one, it's a bit sweet tho.

Optimum Nutrition flavors that I really enjoyed were Extreme Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Mocha Cappuccino. Avoid Cake Donut and Vanilla Ice Cream - both are overly sweet and taste like ass. Cookies and Cream is good for a change since it has actual pieces of cookie in it.

I only had myprotein once (salted caramel) and it was OK tasting. Also had Syntha-6 once and it was extremely sweet tasting.

forgot to mention, the sample box was from my protein

>Cinnamon danish
if i use morer than 25g/300ml milk it takes like a synthetic mess, under that it's pretty ok.

I like the standard ON double chocolate whey that is usually recommended.

My mom actually picked up the 'Vega' brand stuff. I like the idea of all the seed/plant protein as I generally break out from milk so whey may not be the best for me to consume. However, their chocolate is probably their best flavor and people complain it tastes like shit. It just tastes like dark chocolate to me which I like so I'm fine with a little bitterness.

Any thoughts/recommendations on plant/veggy blends? It's a bit pricier

I don't know what ON cookies and cream tastes like but I really like myprotein cookies and cream. doesn't really taste like cookies though, more like vanilla but it's good

Myprotein Blueberry flavour is god mode

someone posted this once in a whey thread
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/55mtkj/i_tried_out_every_flavor_sample_of_myprotein/d8nxlz8/?st=j06tcx7l&sh=8db3c89c

i have samples of:

vanilla raspberry
chocolate brownie
cinnamon danish
natural strawberry

will let yous know how they are

youre going to try all of them right now?

in a big ol' tub.

nah I might have one this evening though.

i only tried smooth chocolate and its disgustingly sweet, buying unflavored from now on

Some guy tested and commented on all flavors on reddit. Also a user survey was conducted.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/55mtkj/i_tried_out_every_flavor_sample_of_myprotein/

Chocolate smooth is dank

yeah banana flavour tastes like fucking medicine

Top 15 from that survey.

>I used a shaker with 100-150 ml of Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk with 25 g of protein powder to try out the flavors.

1. That's way too little milk
2. That's not even milk. I used Almond milk yesterday as a substitute (store's fridges had broken so that was the only option) and it tasted like ass, when it usually tastes quite nice.
3. A level scoop from a myprotein bag is actually ~30g

Rest of that table is also in the reddit post.

Ones I've tried:
>ISOPURE
I think it was strawberry or something like that. This one tasted great, but holy shit it's expensive if not on sale (and even then).

>ON Gold Standard yada yada
Chocolate (double or something), it was great.
Chocolate nut, not so great but didn't make me sick after a month.
Banana chocolate or something, shit, wouldn't buy again.
It's expensive in europe, so not buying anymore.

>SCITEC
Chocolate, nice.
Strawberry, nice.
Choco nut, meh-ish, wouldn't buy again.
Vanilla, meh.
Stopped buying because it costs as much as iso from myprotein (with discount), and I haven't read any study that validates it's actual protein content (unlike the other brands).

>Mybrotein
(iso) Natural Vanilla, tasted great at first, like vanilla shake, after a few days I was sick of that fucking taste, just finished the bag in fact, probably won't drink vanilla shakes for years.
For some reason it's SUPER foamy with anything less than whole milk (say, water or 1.5% malk).
Tomorrow I'll open the Chocolate Smooth bag I just got yesterday after reading that reddit thing everyone is linking.

>3. A level scoop from a myprotein bag is actually ~30g
25 afaik, in fact let me check because the myfitnesspal noted scoop is 25g and now I'm not sure if it's right.
>Almond milk
I hate it, same with soy milk, how can people drink this shit.

I was tempted to try some of my stuff with almond milk since everyone was raving about it.
I usually drink with semi skimmed milk and it's nice

Perfect Spots Creed in Triple Chocolate was really good, mixed really well. Kind of expensive though.

unflavoured

Checked, and while the whole scoop is 30g, without the plastic scoop it's 23-25g.

I got the mocha version myprotein and it's tasty af with coffee

Pic related is pretty good

The pea protein from myprotein is cheaper and has more grams per serving. Should I start buying that?

Any and every time I've strayed from banana or chocolate oriented flavours it's been an absolute travesty.
By far THE BEST option I've tried is their hot-chocolate.

iirc it was disgusting but not horrific.
Heavy on the cream and tastes worse when trying to leave humanity behind with a dense putty-like "shake".

>Vanilla Creme
I wanted to end my life after 1kg of that shit.
If you don't have a sweet tooth, don't, just don't.

>White chocolate 2.12
What?
I thought it was quite palletable, sure a shit a fuckton better than most others.

Pineapple should be -50
It's a decent banana body with very sudden putrid orange-rind gym socks after taste, like being smacked with a chemistry lab book.
Plug your nose and you can chug it, if you must.

Really? I placed a full scoop onto my electronic scale (into the shaker, it was zero'd out) and it read 31g - and this was me emptying the scoop out, not putting the plastic on. It was also a level scoop.

Maybe my scales are a bit off, i'll have to check again at some point.

I usually just get unflavored. Doesn't really taste like anything

I compacted it enough to be level, but not hard enough to make it a super hard brick, maybe that's it?
Though to be honest, I'd rather have a scale that measures up rather than down, for cutting at least.

Bought chocolate, mint chocolate and mocha chocolate. Asked for a sample of the other 6 flavors.
Don't be a faggot just ask for samples

Almond milk is actually pretty nice in a cereal (actual cereal; not porridge, that makes it turn into fucking wallpaper paste) or even for a little drink, but as an actual milk substitute, especially in shakes, its awful.

God, I remember when I tried a shake with hemp milk. Almost chucked up.

Could be actually, I drag my scoop through the bag pretty hard and give it a little shake to level it. When it falls out its usually a compacted lump.

I'm trying to bulk so i really hope they're accurate.

Probably want 25% off on dat natural vanilla or delicious chocolate smooth, don't ya? Referral code: MARCO-R6TJ

There's a sale going on at the moment, can just use the code EVERYTHING :^)

lol I was gonna tell him that but I didn't wanna be the sassy one

Their protein is mediocre desu, it's nothing special. Although if you go through protein powder quickly, their prices aren't too bad

Bought 22lbs of the unflavored whey for $95 the other day. They threw in a free shaker.

Trying desperately to get back into working out but I have so little energy. It feels like I've become an old phone. The battery just doesn't hold a charge anymore.

I always go for chocolate, no matter what.
I once tried vanilla and strawberry, pretty good but that was stuff from Dymatize so of course the taste was top tier.
They just have to be chuggable, if you care that much about taste you're probably a fatty or a whiny underage faggot.
Anyway, Dymatize Elite, gourmet chocolate, it really was something else.
I don't buy dyma stuff anymore, they stopped selling egg proteins in my country and ISO 100 just are too fucking pricey now, they used to be the bomb back in the days.

Mediocre how so?

I always feel their products are pretty good value

Jym chocolate mint chip is the best I've ever had. Sprinkle in a pinch of coke and the shake is the best pre you will ever have

Do not get cookies and cream. It's universally hate as one of their most "overly sweet flavors". The mocha is probably the best in this regard. I like the Strawberry and Cream as well. Put it in almond milk, and it tastes like Nesqik strawberry milk. Some people think it's overly sweet as well though.

But don't get cookies and cream. It's fucking awful.

I bought some chocolate brownie and this shit is impossible to drink, its so fucking sweet. Anything i can put in it to make it bareable?

I think almond milk helps. Cow milk has like 11-13 grams of sugar per cup. Getting unsweetened almond milk helps take some of the sweet edge off, but still gives it more body than water.

Fuck i don't want to buy almond milk for this shit, it's expensive as fuck and has no protein

I wonder if adding vinegar would make it less sweet

It's not too expensive. I can get a half gallon for $2.75 at Kroger.

seconded. cookies and cream is fucking bad m8.

chocolate mint is really fucking good. my personal fav. tastes like a peppermint patty son.

Anyone had choc orange?

It's 5 dollars up in kanada

Thoughts on adding vinegar?

>What's the best brand/flavour you've come across?
unflavored

they sent me that stawberry jam as a sample once and it was fucking delicious but it tasted like candy

no way I could have even one of those a day. Way too sweet

who else /11lbChoccySmooth/

Vanilla protien + Raw Banana and ice blend them together and BOOM a god tier protien shake

Oh definitely a good bang for your buck, I got 5lbs for $40-50 or something I can't quite remember. It's just average across the board for me, although I haven't tried all the flavors.

Why can't you just eat food

I've had a few flavours.

Mocha, cinnamon roll and blueberry cheesecake are amazing, can have every day easily.

Really chocolate smooth is the most reccommended flavour ??? I couldn't finish my bag I found it absolutely foul, made me want to puke.

I tried regular blueberry from myprotein yesterday.

Shit was too sweet and chemical-y, even with water.

Hemp protein is the true patrician's choice.

I've only tried ON.

Salted Caramel is hands down GOAT.
Mocha and Strawberry-Banana are solid second tier.
The standard Double-Rich Chocolate is alright, not bad but nothing to write home about.
Vanilla is ass, tastes like melted ice cream.

I was actually considering trying Myprotein when my current tub of ON ran out, from the looks of it I'll be dipping my toes in Chocolate Smooth.

Just tried cinnamon danish with semi skimmed milk.

Tbqh it tastes like the cinnamon Danish pastry.
Not overly sweet and no chemical taste.
Pleasantly surprised.

However I think I'd enjoy other flavours more and would get bored of it with a big bag of it.

Reckon it would be great on breakfast stuff though

banana is great, strawberry is great, unflavoured is goat

nobody in here has mentioned matcha flavour, lush protein makes it and i like to put it in my greek yogurt, makes a pretty delish snack

latte

with milk is basically god mode of taste

Vanilla myprotein is good, the cookies and cream is shit through

that seems to be the general consensus. which makes me sad because I thought it was gonna be great.

MyProtein is the best bang for your buck if you get it on sale. Half the price of other proteins and the flavors are good. Ive tried;

Banana Stevia: Loved it. Not super sweet and wont leave you feeling bloated. Very smooth, easy to drink. Good if you drink a lot of shakes a day and dread having to pound down the next round of some godawful flavor.

Salted Caramel: Surprisingly good. Delicious flavor if you like caramel but not too sweet. I always looked forward to drinking this.

Chocolate Mint: Tastes like good mint hot chocolate, you can even drink it hot and its amazing, super comfy for winter bulking but gets old fast, dont buy the 11lbs bag.

Vanilla: A safe choice. Lots of cheap vanilla protein tastes like ass, this one doesnt. Easy to drink and mixes with lots of stuff.

i hate when people say something bad tastes of ass.
Not all ass tastes bad.

I want to try unflawored, how is it?

Wasn't there a google document with flavours rating?

Anyways, I ordered around 20 samples and I've had one so far, Apple and custard
I'd give it a 4/5 based on one shake, it isn't too sweet(and believe me, everything feels too sweet to me, chocolate wheys make me puke)
it's mildly sweet and leaves an aftertaste of a green apple(the kinda acid-ish ones)

had it with milk, 3.8/5. Would drink from time to time but if you had to take it quite often it'd probably get too sick of it

also their chocolate porridge, had it with water, too sweet for my tastes.

>look up Myprotein
>the have unflavored
Has any user tried this? I would assume it tastes like shit

the banana flavour doesn't taste like bananas it tastes like standard artificial banana which if you've ever had banana candy you'll recognise. I've had it before and it's not bad, it's especially good if you blend it with ice.

I used to buy unflavoured to save some money and it's fucking vile, literally have to choke it down

I got the mocha before and even with water it's one of the most accurate flavours I've ever tried but I get sick of it really quick if I have it regularly so wouldn't recommend

this desu, I'm also in the UK and everyone I know that has protein powder has myprotein because it's by far the cheapest here

you've got to remember he did it with almond milk though, it's a bit different with water or normal milk

I have a 2.5kg bag to finish

it leaves an unpleasant taste on whatever you use it on, I've noticed though the only way to mask it is with a strong coffee

the taste is like some kind of cheap trash cheese

You guys don't want to help that poor user out? He could probably use the whey :^)

Strawberry Cream: good, especially with yoghurt

White Chocolate: have to force this shit down my throat every time

Actually doesn't taste bad to me, tastes like a stronger intensity of milk IMO.

>tastes like a stronger intensity of milk IMO.

you drinking recently spoiled milk?

My milk is fine, and I think the unflavored whey is fine. Suit yourself.

>tfw just bought 2.5kg chocolate smooth, 1kg cinnamon danish, 3x1kg smooth peanut butter, 1kg creatine mono, and an extra shaker so I can have one at work and at home

chocolate brownie - with milk.

too rich for me.