What are some good keto meals you can get at chains?

What are some good keto meals you can get at chains?

Other urls found in this thread:

rjslrac.com/
instagram.com/shawnbaker1967/
youtube.com/watch?v=AB49t-z91So
cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2
youtube.com/watch?v=wFIEUjh0jpI
webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/hyponatraemia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t bone steak and eggs with a side of coffee and cream

If you dont want to cook on keto, youre gonna have a bad time.
That being said, almost any fast food burger you can get will be keto if you just take the bun off. Just avoid breaded chicken and sugary sauces like BBQ and honey mustard. Ketchup is alright in moderation.
As far as going out to eat at real restaraunts, I would go for steak houses, slab of meat with a side salad (with no croutons and a high fat dressing like ranch or caeser) and whatever side vegetables they have.
Most chain restaurants will have salads but 75% are filled with garbage so you really have to pick through the ingredients.
I'm also a big fan of taco salads at mexican places, get some guac on top and make sure it doesnt have beans or tortilla strips and you're golden. In that note, Chipotle is God tier with salads. Its just lettuce with whatever meat you want, hot salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guac but damn its good and filling. Just dont get the vinnagret that comes with it because it's almost entirely sugar.
Hope that helps bro

I just started keto, and i'm tired almost all the time, and hungry too. is this normal? is it even worth it?

Just eat normal food you faggits.

That is normal food.

Carb baby detected

Keto flu. It passes once your body switches to ketones for energy.

burger patties, cheese, bacon without buns
use sauces like sriracha

Keto is kind of a weird diet as it is. Ketones isn't really the intended source of energy for your body and brain. There seems to be short-term benefit to a diet, namely weightloss, but we simply don't have any long-term studies at all and chances are it might fuck you up.

i only use it in short bursts, desu. robably a month at a time, then I switch to a normal diet for 1-2 months

Ketones are a much cleaner fuel retard. Carbs are what fuck you up.

>cleaner

In what way? The reason you have enough ketones in your blood to use for energy is because the lack of carbs fucks up your metabolic pathways and makes fat break down less efficiently, creating too many ketone bodies for your body to detoxify. That's why on keto, your breath always smells like nail polish and you can measure ketones in your urine with keto sticks.

humans have evolved to use fat as there primary energysource. thats also the reason your lovehandls are fat not carbs. carbs give a burst of useable energy if you could get your hands on it.
in another 10.000 years we probably evolved into something primarly useing

>inb4 but muh carbs fats are bad

Can someone explain this shit to me? Is it some bullshit office women diet or does it basically mean don't eat garbage?

>humans have evolved to use fat as there primary energysource. thats also the reason your lovehandls are fat not carbs

So body fat you mean, not ketones. Every animal has evolved to use body fat as a major energy source. Using dietary fat without the carbs necessary to break it down properly is not what we're most efficient at, as evidenced by the fact that it puts us in a ketogenic state when we try to do it.

that's a false flag if I ever seen one. first, it's normal to feel like shit for the first few days, this is called "keto flu" and it's literally your body adjusting to suddenly not having shit shoveled into it constantly. second, keto diet is great for satiety. ask anyone who has really done keto and they'll probably tell you they almost never felt hungry

>you feel like shit because you're eating healthy!

or you could check out one of the literally hundreds of books, FAQs, or guides online to the keto diet.
but basically it's cut as many carbs out of your diet as possible, eat enough protein, and the rest in fat. obviously its a little more complicated than that.

...yes. your body doesn't have any sugar to burn for energy, and is transitioning into ketosis. again, "keto flu" is temporary, and sometimes doesn't even happen.

>doing a meme diet that'll make you feel sick
Whatever it takes, right babe?

Why? Just don't be retard when it comes to carbs, no need to remove them completely. I was right in thinking this was some mom science.

>does it basically mean don't eat garbage?

It means eat a different kind of garbage. Instead of ordering large fries at mcdonalds, order a mcdouble and chicken nuggets and throw the bun away. Now you're eating a healthy, keto-approved meal.

>chicken nuggets
>breaded processed garbage deep fried in vegetable oil
>keto-approved
nice try sweetie

>I only eat the finest lard on my keto diet, no processed vegetable oils for me

Carls jr/Hardee's has some nice stuff

rjslrac.com/

>carbfag
>not gonna make it

Mcdonalds: 2x quarter pounders without buns, sauces, pickles, onions. Just a pound of beef and cheese.

golden corral
eat nothing but steak and salad and gawk at all the persons of calories.

>1/4 lb X 2 = 1 lb
Checks out

>cleaner fuel
Taste the meat, not the heat

>cucking yourself out of God's pre workout
>not gonna make it

Lol i love how this thread has become a debate about weather to eat keto or not .. Cleary he has taken the plung not asking weather to or not asking what to eat thats keto when he is out .. I usulay hit up a omlete or a salad bro .. Eggs are like god dear for keto macros and put some butter in that shit m8 .. Also eggs florentine is good af and keto

What the fuck is keto ?

You can be healthy living off just meat and dairy instagram.com/shawnbaker1967/

>chicken nuggets
Now I know you're fucking retarded

Basically just steak and burgers without buns. Buffalo wings that aren't breaded.

I hate to hijack a thread on a keto-related side note, but can Veeky Forumsizens help critique my current keto diet, I just started it last week

Morning:
1 egg white + 1 whole egg scrambled
2 slices of bacon
protein shake in cashew milk

Post workout: 200g ground beef in peanut oil
2/3 cup fried vegetables in peanut oil and almond butter

Dinner: Chicken breast, veggie smoothie, cheese stringers x2

Snacks: Cheese stringers, avacado, protein shakes

I'm 205 (170 lean mass) and this winds up netting me 178g protein, 41g carbs and 97g fat at 1700 calories. My maintenance is 2057 or so (Though I'm also not sure if I should be eating closer to maintenance considering I end every gym session with 40 minutes of cardio.)

The arachidonic acid.omega 6 PUFA galore.

Here's the million dollar question: why are you eating keto?

You need to take time to research what you're going to eat at a dinner .. think about that .. think about your life .. you're PLANNING to be able to EAT at a fucking DINER.

What is going on in your life, dude.

Have you ever tried just eating healthy food and not subscribing to

> FUARK GOTTA GET MY < 50G OF CARBS AND GUZZLE MY FOOD WITH GALLONS OF OLIVE OIL PER DAY COS IM KETO BRAH. HIGH FAT LIFE BRAH.

Just .. why .. I know the response is in the inevitable

> I EAT 4 FOOL BRAH IM 16 AND IM ON MY HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM AND I EAT 2 GET BIG N TRAIN BIG WOOOOO.

Just eat a balanced diet .. I can't help but cringe at you kids for real. I don't hate you though, cos when I was your age I thought like this too.

No it's because 2-3 "doctors " really like to misinterpret the role on insulin and carbs to scare retard who don't know shit about nutrition and to sells them book .

>waaaaah people are eating in a way they enjoy that makes them feel healthy waaaaaah meanwhile I am at the mercy at what my girlfriend decides to "cook" waaaaah
Cringe indeed.

>(Though I'm also not sure if I should be eating closer to maintenance considering I end every gym session with 40 minutes of cardio.)
If you're not at least biking at 12 mph or running at 6mph then no don't count the cardio

>can Veeky Forumsizens help critique my current keto diet,

I rate it not keto, you idiot. Keto isn't just low carb. 178g of protein and 97g of fat is not ketogenic.

Because fats like I used to be grew up with shit diet because parents and family didn't know better and fucked me up with low fat everything and don't realize I high carbed everything and grew to 230 lbs (5'11",never really worked out) until I decided to make a change. Dieting was tough probably because my leptin response which controls satiety was fucked to shit and probably on my way to beets.

Keto is good because it helps normalize leptin response so overweight people like I was can feel okay without craving readily accesible panda Express and chips all the time.

Proper keto can be done with lots of grilled meats, especially organ meats (cheap as fuck, plus the original superfood) with sides of non starchy vegetables. Eggs too. Variety can be had by experimenting with spices.

The goal is to get at least to average leanness first before trying to get ripped, so a fat metabolism is great for low intensity steady state cardio.

Also electrolytes are essential for overcoming keto flu. Buy some lite salt that has potassium in it and spring ole it on everything.

You literally avoid the staple food that helped create every great civilization for no reason .

You've been eating it for likely 90% of your life but since you saw 2 video and started lurking some keto community like most retard you now believe that carbs are evil and stopped eating them for no reason .

So you went from the SAD diet to a diet where you stop eating junk and you believe it's the high fat meme that make you feel better and regulate your hunger .

Carbs are inherent to SAD , and most junkfood is fattening mostly because it's hypercaloric and those calories come from added fat .

The key is to eat real food , the potatoes is not the evil part in your chips my dude , maybe it's the ungodly amount of oil they're fried in .

Carbs aren't inherent to sad *

It sounds like you grew up in a typical SAD household where all your food was processed snack foods and microwave meals. Lots of refined carbs, lots of fat (I guarantee your diet wasn't low in fat, you just only focus on the carbs)

Instead of falling for keto, you should have learned how to build a healthy diet so that you can be fairly healthy and in shape long-term. A healthy diet has carbs, although maybe not the type of carbs you're used to.

Pic related, it's a bowl of oatmeal with some berries. Not lucky charms, not fried eggs with bacon. This is the healthy breakfast option.

Can you offer some insight with that, or are you just going to talk it down and move on?

Ketogenic diets have not been popular since the '20s. The height of its popularity was in the late 70s/80s when Atkins was selling millions of diet books, and it was never regarded as a safe way to lose weight.

Here's a funny clip of Atkins getting his ass handed to him on stage by other doctors after he tried to make false medical claims about his diet reversing heart disease

youtube.com/watch?v=AB49t-z91So

Keto is for fatties who want fast results. So carbs aren't necessary since they'll still make noob gains. The diet shouldn't be a permanent lifestyle change in my opinion.

the fun part is that the results aren't even faster on keto .

You got a source? I'm not doubting you but keto makes you satiated and you'll eat less on average. That along with ketosis should make you lose fast faster than a regular carb diet. At least, that's how I think it works.

I've only done psmf which puts you into ketosis anyway. Dropped around 20 pounds in a month through 500~ calories a day.

If you eat the same amount of calories and there is carbs in your diet ( from whole real food ) it will be the same , i'm even tempted to say that it could be faster because carbs would allow for more intense exercise and thus higher increased post exercise energy expenditure .

Too much protein

Calorie for calorie, eating a low fat diet causes more weight loss than a high fat diet

cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

If your high fat diet has you eating 500 calories, you'll lose more weight on it though

and being in ketosis itself has no extra weight lose property at all .

If your TDEE is 2500 and you eat 2000 kcals of fat + proton or 2000 Kcals of fat + carbs + proton your body will need to get those 500 extra from your bodyfat anyway .

Did you put butter in your coffee? What the fuck is that floating in it? It's certainly not cream.

>Imagine that it's time for breakfast. You have two choices:
>Bacon & Eggs OR a bagel with cream cheese

That's low carb marketing in a nutshell. A false dillema followed by an unscientific explanation of how metabolism works. They've managed to turn insulin into the biggest meme in the diet world.

It's astonishing the amount of people these retard scared from carbs , they don't understand that a healthy diet will yield healthy insulin level .

You should have more fat and less protein. Too much protein leads to gluconeogensis, and will keep you out of keto.

youtube.com/watch?v=wFIEUjh0jpI

> 'Enjoying eating this way'

> Guys how the fuck do I make this diet work is the common theme of every keto thread.

Delusion thy name is.

Think about what you just said .. you need to supplement electrolytes just so you can manage existing on this diet .. because this diet makes you feel so bad it's a 'flu".

I mean just think about the words you're using, they're indicative of your mindset.

You should be supping electrolytes even if you're just on GOWAD. Plus, lite salt is cheap and easy to just replace regular table salt with.

There's absolutely no reason to be supplement electrolytes on any diet. If you are then your diet is deficient in fundamental minerals.

I don't see how this is debatable. If you just ate semi-normal your electrolytes would be normal.

>There's absolutely no reason to be supplement electrolytes on any diet.
Exactly. Which is why we mine salt to eat rather than just getting it from natural good sources, right?

*natural food sources

Stay under 20g carbs, and closer to 150g protein, or your body won't keto

The 500 calorie diet was just high protein with fiber supplements. But what you said does make sense.

Careful with the sriracha man. Some brands are loaded with sugar.

To clarify, you think salt is a 'supplement'? Do you think people use salt because it supplements electrolytes?

If I said electrolytes exist in nature without adding table salt .. would you just be extremely confused?

Your response is honestly puzzling, I think you have a gross misunderstanding of what electrolytes are and what they do.

We eat salt because it makes things taste good. If you just got sodium through food, your arteries would be much healthier.

What's the right amount to shoot for? The stuff I'd read so far suggested between .6g to 1g of protein per pound of lean mass. Should I assume aiming for the .6/lb is a better ratio?

4 pieces of bacon = 160 calories
2 egg = 140 calories
total = 300 calories

1 bagel = 285 calories
0.5 oz cream cheese = 70 calories
total = 355 calories

20% more calories, i wonder why one makes you fat

could I modify it so I have high protein, high fat, and just low carb instead of no carb.

or is it one of those all or nothing things

>Should I assume aiming for the .6/lb is a better ratio?
For keto it is. Once you come off the diet and reintroduce carbs, you'll want to aim for 1g/lb.
Also, don't be one of those guys who tries to do keto forever. It's not a healthy long-term diet.

anything around 100g is fine for most normal fags.

unless you're a pro, then 1or2g per lbs of bodyweight.

>Do you think people use salt because it supplements electrolytes?
We crave salt because it is difficult to find in food, naturally. Nowadays, salt is easily available, but the cravings are still there, because it's difficult to get naturally through diet.

If you're drinking lots of water, and eating lots of food that you've cooked from scratch, you'll need to add salt to it, or you'll get a salt deficiency.

What is difficult to get in a diet?

Potassium, sodium, and calcium are readily available in plants, nuts, and meat.

So which one of the above are you suggesting is not readily available?

Again, so you understand table salt only supplements sodium? And that there are several other electrolytes? Do you understand that in the 21st century we are chronically OVERDOSED on sodium .. and not underdosed as you're suggesting?

> you'll get a salt deficiency.

This is not a thing .. there is no diagnosis of "lack of table salt".

Again, I think you're very confused on what electrolytes are, where they come from, and what they do.

It's an all or nothing thing. If you don't go under ~50g of carbs a day, you won't go into ketosis. Now, the majority of the benefit of keto for our purposes is that it totally kills your appetite. If you're eating a high fat diet and counting calories, you'll probably be satiated anyway.

webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/hyponatraemia

>Potassium, sodium, and calcium are readily available in plants, nuts, and meat.
Because we now have varied diets. If you were a hunter/gatherer in Europe or wherever, you wouldn't have such a varied diet, and would need to get your salt from the ground or the ocean. The craving is there because our body is telling us to supplement it.

If you're eating a low sodium (or low potassium) diet, you'll need to supplement it. Lite salt works well for this purpose.

>keto
the old water fast meme

when will meme diets die? just fucking cut your calories retard

That's a sodium deficiency .. that's not a case of "lack of table salt".

Do you understand table salt, although it contains sodium, isn't interchangeable with sodium in terms of electrolytes?

I'm trying to help you here but you need to admit you don't really know what you're talking about.

> Because we now have varied diets. If you were a hunter/gatherer in Europe or wherever, you wouldn't have such a varied diet, and would need to get your salt from the ground or the ocean.

This is pure conjecture (i.e. stuff you just invented) and entirely irrelevant in the context of what we're talking about.

To clarify, what is your background in human biology? Because I'm sensing you probably haven't even done a highschool class on it.

> If you're eating a low sodium (or low potassium) diet

If your diet is depleted of potassium or sodium then your diet is shit and you should switch off it.

Put it into perspective for you, a human FASTING will not expect their potassium to drop off a week or more.

So the idea you're walking around with depleted potassium while eating is absurd, likewise, eating a sodium-depleted diet (literally impossible in 21st century) is just as unlikely.

The only way it could happen is if your diet is seriously malnourishing you .. in which case .. you should NOT BE USING THAT DIET.

It's worth noting hunter/gatherers began smoking their meats and salting their meats since the nomadic days .. so again .. the idea "prehistoric man had a sodium deficiency" is .. really really stupid.

Ok, you win Mr. Reddit-spacing
With salt that they extracted from plants, no doubt.

Ironic you post an image of fallacies while in the same post using ad hominem.

Just admit when you don't know something, ask questions, that's part of learning.

Better yet, just use google .. the information is readily available.

I'm perfectly happy to ad hominem you. You can be mad that people eat keto, and I'll put lite salt on my scrambled eggs.

Again, this started because you don't understand what electrolytes are, where they come from, or what they do.

Yet somehow you think you've won because

> I'll ad hominem you because I eat muh eggs with salt!

That's nice dude, best of luck.

>this started because you don't understand what electrolytes are, where they come from, or what they do.
No, I have a pretty solid understanding of it, m80. You seem to be under the impression that you don't have to replace electrolytes. It's not something that we synthesize.

please control your autism

> too lazy to quote all your posts. don't want you give you any more (you)s

Quote the post where I said we don't need to consume electrolytes.

I said we don't need to supplement electrolytes, and no human with a balanced diet does. The electrolytes are readily available in meats, dairy, plants, and nuts. You do not need to ever be taking an electrolyte replacement if you eat a decent diet.

Hint: I read EUCs daily, I am aware of what the average human's electrolyte levels are.

Last word

Sure thing babe.

If you don't get enough sodium & potassium in your diet without relying on some meme-salt it means your diet is top-shit .

Also if you cramp , even a single fucking time in the day outside of an exercise context ( like after hours of cardio ) you're magnesium deficient .

K

Not necessarily true if you're not picky. I lived off of frozen atkins shit for a year and lost 75 pounds
You don't have to cook

"keto flu" wouldn't be a thing if people knew how to ease into their new diets, but it really doesn't matter once the ball gets rolling

> thinking macros are only a matter of math but not hormones as well.
Carbo-insulin response is a self-fuffilling prophecy for the fats.