Start going to the gym

>start going to the gym
>do this exercise for a few months, increasing the weight as fast as I can
>eventually after one workout my right shoulder starts to hurt
>that was more than 2 months ago and it still hurts
>can't do any upper body pushing exercise because of the pain (including bench press)
>only feel the pain when I'm actually doing push exercises, not on every day life

What should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8&
youtu.be/lGWeRCWlXhg
youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go to a Physio.

Sounds like impingement.

Pain is weakness leaving the body, stop being a little bitch.

>impingement
Thanks, I didn't know what that was.

No it's not, retard

since it seems like u got ur question answered what muscle does this work out

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8&
don't have your shoulders out to the side

Upper delts mostly, some triceps.

thanks

and nice trips

Slow down. Don't try to "work through the pain." avoid the exercises that cause the pain. Sounds similar to tennis elbow but in the shoulder. You wore don the cartilage in you joints {shoulders). Most guys don't think about their joints when lifting. Also, leave your ego at the door, if it's too heavy, work up to it. I just recently recovered from tendonitis from doing what you did, too much too quickly. Got it in my neck, spine, shoulders, elbows, bicep tendon, hip joint, knees, back of knees, shins ankles and feet. Couldn't move for a week, literally had to crawl on my stomach to go take a piss. Took 3 months before I could lift. watched myself shrink in the mirror... My cartilage in my joints have now turned to scar tissue. Now I lift moderate weight I can do at least 12 reps with. Also get yourself some joint protection. Glucosamine, chondroitin. I take Xtreme Joint by premium powders. works great

Did you take any medicine to improve? Any stretches?

How did you manage to fuck your whole body at once?

And yes you can still "Get big" lifting in the 12-15 reps. Squeeze the muscle get the mind muscle connection. It's sometimes harder to do that with too much weight. I see the guys at my gym lifting way more then they should. And they look like doodoo

I'm a Physio hence why I suggested it.

But it's extremely difficult to assess someone without having them in front of you. I don't even do that to family members when they phone me. It's too easy to misdiagnose.
But yeah an MSK Physio would be your best bet.
You might be able to self refer or you'll have to go to your GP if you're in the uk.
Or go private and pay

Yes the pain in the beginning was unbearable, all I felt when I moved around was bone on bone because the cartilage wore down. Took Ibuprofen for the swelling, when I moved it was like knives constantly stabbing me. When I moved I could feel the vertebra in my spine click. My tendons felt like skinny noodles. Take the supp I recommended and fishoil. Always take FISH OIL it reduces inflammation in the whole body.

>I see the guys at my gym lifting way more then they should
I used to be that guy, now I'm less obsessed about increasing my stats as quickly as possible. Some things you just learn the hard way

you don't need to see a doc. Just do what I said, avoid the exercises that cause pain. I called the VA and told them I couldn't move. They said rub some dirt on it. They really don't take care of us vets. STRETCHING is a HUGE part of recovery. Google them

I literally just went though this so Yes I know what I'm talking about. You can learn from our mistakes or not, your choice. Best of luck

If you're not doing any pulling movements it's probably because your anterior delt is much stronger than your posterior delt.

I started doing nothing but pull exercises after the pain, not before.

sounds like you've wanged your rotator cuff

rest your shoulders for a while (couple of weeks minimum)

when pain subsides, use this exercise instead of traditional shoulder press

youtu.be/lGWeRCWlXhg

start light and gently ease back into heavier loads over a period of months

do not rush it - if you lift heavy too soon you'll be back at square one or risk further damage

if no improvement or pain worsens, see a dr.

Dude just go to a physio.
ONE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR.
AND THAT DOES NOT WORK IN A GYM

I swear to god only the biggest idiot works in the gym as a physio. Been misdiagnosed three times by gym physios.

Go to one with their own practice OP. And yeah, 2 months? GO TO A FUCKING PHYSIO.

take 3 ibuprofens before the gym.

>hold my arms parallel
>they go up smoothly
>hold them at the 30 degree angle
>elbows click extremely loudly

Yeah, I think I'll keep it the OP way for now...

I have told him to do exactly what you just said. "start light and ease back into it."

I do not recommend this exercise unless your fully healed. The guy in the video is using improper form by shoving the weight forward too quickly and completely extending his elbows with will fuck him up. You should never need to completely extend your legs joints arms etc. You're putting more strain on you're joints when you do that. Sure, explode on the positive rep if that's your training style, but not that much. Try wearing supportive wraps on your shoulders while working out (slowly until recovery) which may be a lot sooner than you think. I've been doing this for 12 years

I would recommend not taking ibuprofen before the gym because then you are masking the pain, making you can lift more. when you get home you won't feel that great. Also NSAIDs raise your chance of getting a heart attack. the shit just raises your bp through the roof. Bad sides. Take it when you get home from gym, that's when you need it. Make stretching a part of your daily routine

>I've been doing this for 12 years
Post body? Really curious

Stop doing upper body stuff for a couple of weeks, and you'll heal right up

>do this exercise for a few months, increasing the weight as fast as I can
dont do this unless you know what you are doing

I've been doing this exercise for a while too, now I have a problem that weights are too heavy to put them up to a starting position. What do?

Grab a copy of Convict Conditioning, you little bitch. Start doing handstand push-ups. They don't fuck your shoulders up. Only fucking pussies use weights.

OP here, I used to kind of power clean the dumbbells up. I used to do this standing, and sit on the bench only after I had the weights in place.

As you can see I'm no reliable source, but this works.

LMAO i remember when i first started lifting years ago, i avoided this exercise cause i could just FEEL my shit gonna snap crackle pop

OHP is fine though if you do it right, it has your arms in a more natural position, DB shoulder press however does not

Db press is not far off from behind the neck bb.
check this and save yourself a surgery

This is very simple and I used to have this issue when I first started going to the gym. It's basically a weakness of your rear delts. Your chest muscles and your front shoulder muscles are overpowering your back shoulder muscles. This causes imbalance of your entire shoulder system. I would strengthen my back muscles doing rear delt flys and machines that work the back. I would also recommend that you warm up your shoulders before going heavy, use 20s to get the shoulder juices going.