Gym nemesis thread?

Anyone have a gym nemesis? I'll start with a guy at my gym

>Been lifting at gym since high school freshman year
>guy who played for another school's football team was always staring me down because we were both defensive lineman
>lol fuck that shit, never break eye contact
>never say a word to him, just constantly trying to outdo one another
>I would start benching for chest day and load up 185 lbs and do 5 x 5
>regardless of whatever he was working that day, he would hop onto the bench besides me and would load up 195 lbs
>same thing for squats
>same thing for deadlifts
>go away for freshman year of college
>come back for summer break, I continued lifting and he must have stopped trying
>now out-lift him by at least 1 pl8 for everything
>same thing happens for sophomore year and junior year
>now he brings his new gf to the gym and constantly throws me glances to check to see if I'm jealous
>couldn't care less, she's got a face like a bat
>still tries to outdo me, struggles with poor form on dumb shit like rope pushdowns

Anyone else have people like this in their gym?

>I would start benching for chest day and load up 185 lbs and do 5 x 5
You sure showed him.

>old pirate man
>use to do a weird twist while hanging from a pullup bar, stretch and do curls and nothing else
>use to tell me not to lift heavy weight because it'll wreck ma joints
>never see him around anymorw
>assume he died

get a room

Didn't read OP but I have a guy at my uni gym who looks uncannily like me, and his lifting buddy looks uncannily like mine. I see him put up weight similar to mine except he doesn't squat. I only noticed him because his girlfriend was flirting with me while they were "taking a break"

never talked to the guy but I get the urge to one up him and compare our lifts whenever I see him.

t. user who has never heard of mirrors

Idk how to compete, 2bh.

Lmao

Kek

Yes. I always try to sabotage him while he's there ever since the one time he said I couldn't work in with him because he said I was too weak, even though he is also DYEL.

>secretly take a 2.5lb plate from his area so that he only has 1
>take a plate off his barbell while he's at the water fountain
>knock on his door when he's taking a shit and then quickly run away
>fart when he's working out next to me

We both look similar too even though he appears to have been lifting longer than me. We're both Indian. We're both around the same height. We both lift around the same weight (now). I enjoy this competition.

>Be me
>Play as a defensive lineman
>The guy who plays for the brother school on the other side of my district is a strange brooding manlet who sits in the bench corner lifting 185 with his earbuds in
>"ISLEY, ISLEY, ISLEY!" I hear him say to himself as he downs his reps
>Don't really go to the gym to get stronger, just try to keep up a good form and have fun
>Summerbreak for college comes up and I'm back in the gym
>Pajeet has gone full bear mode with a gut, he comes to the gym (Planet Fitness) everytime
>I swear to God every time I'm driving there I can see him in the mirror following me as I make my way to the gym
>I try bringing my sister to the gym with me one time, he stares at us from his corner as he blares Sabaton and mutters, "la-layght wayt pussy."
>He always steals my plates when I do OHP in the rack, I don't want to face his autism so I let him
>When I go into the restroom and think I'm alone I always open the stalls and find him practicing squat form over the shitter, he sits there as he stares at me
>He combs his hair like me, he walks like me, he even wears the same fucking clothes as me
>I have no idea what to do about him. The other day he ripped ass as I was curling, right in my face too.
Pic related it's him standing outside my house.

hue

I am beta, therefore I have beta friends. I realise the fact, that I am dyel and I will stay in this mode for some more time. Friends of mine are even bigger dyels, but some of them like challenging me. So there is this one guy who wants to always compete against me. Right now his losing streak is FIFA, darts, pool, all 3 powerlifting lifts, 1 on 1 basketball. I couldn't care less if I win or lose, but this guy wants competition for the sake of it. Right now I hope he won't find out, that I have been training judo for a few years. The difference in weight and his complete and utter lack of experience might end up badly.

kek

God you ARE unfunny.

I had a gym doppelgänger once, we wore similar outfits and had the same routine including going to the same grocery store after working out

>Threatens violence to some friendly competition

Yep, you're a manlet beta. Checks out

Why don't you go poo in the loo?

audibly keked

You really come off as a brooding beta. Maybe it's just you that has the issue. It's 100% healthy to have friendly competition with your bros. If you can't handle a challenge from another man who is your friend without fantasizing about beating him up then you've got some insecurity issues you need to take care of.

God damn this thread has potential. I don't have a nemesis as obvious as OP but I have some people I hate with a passion.

>5'3 male
>maybe 165
>literal smiling problem. This faggot is smiling ear to ear in the gym and staring at people
>walking around with his lats flared and his chest out

I just hate looking at that retarded ass smile looking up at me while he has his chest out and his lats flared. I've never seen him do legs and he is only upper body. Doesn't even lift big.

>another faggot is named Robbie
>be squatting in the squat rack, 1.5 years experience
>brought up on the wisdom of Veeky Forums
>can see him staring at my form
>finish set
>"wow, how long have you been squatting like that?"
>uhm, since I started lifting?
>"i'm surprised you're not in the hospital"
>put in ear buds as i watch him curl 25 lbs on the EZ bar with a curl belt
>it's like he's trying to be a personal meme to me

I think he was questioning what a low bar squat was? I have no idea, the dude is like 150 lbs and looks like an auschwitz victim. I genuinely think he is trying to be a gym troll.

all the shitskins who never clean up after themselves

I I... I'll put you in a hospital..

this happened last week

>summer working at a university
>all the big guys from the sports teams have gone home
>just postgraduates and staff in the gym now
>I'm easily one of the biggest guys around right now
>I pick a bench, put my water bottle down and go get dumbbells
>as I get back some weird manlet takes my bench
>there's plenty for everyone mate, I take the next bench instead
>he lifts while making eye contact in the mirror the whole time
>I go to get bigger dumbells
>he takes my bench again, and I take the next one down
>I go to fill my water bottle
>he does it again
>I move to the end
>he stands in front of me curling so I can't see myself in the mirror

it was like some fucking idiot who's read some red pill bullshit about asserting dominance. Fucking weird

I mean, after a few times you probably shoulda just said something, even in a joking manner. He probably would've shit himself. I've known guys, friends even who were nerdy in highschool and didn't really assert themselves who read up on this how to be an "alpha" male shit and usually it just culminates in anti social behavior for no real reason. I had to explain to my friend what he was doing was fucking retarded and he explained that he read it online or someshit.

>30-40 year old dude at gym, probably 6'4 or something, built up. Probably did a lot of physical labor, maybe football idk
>Can lift a fuck ton compared to me, which is admirable. (I've only been lifting for 7 months after exiting fat mode)
>Gym has one power rack, and this stupid ass smith machine cage thing that fucks with my shoulders and balance on everything
>He always rushes to power rack, puts his gym bag down, and basically claims that entire side of the gym as his own
>During rests he cruises over to the windows and rests on whatever equipment he wants regardless of if people are using them or not
>Snagging his favorite ones is funny af
>Back on topic, even when he's done with power rack, he'll leave a plate on each side of the bar along with his bag
>Step close to rack at all and he gets all defensive looking
>decide to play with this
>shoulder day
>Set chair thing up about 5 feet in front of rack not realizing I was in "his territory"
>He comes over and stands maybe half a foot in front of me to my right looking at himself, or me, not really sure, in the mirror
>Pic related, how the situation felt
>45 seconds is up, time for next set, weave dumbbells around him and begin ohping
>you ain't stopping me bich boi
>Can tell he is getting hot and bothered
>Ever since then he seems to like to stare me down
Fast forward to when college classes are over, I want to start going to the gym in the mornings.
>Eventually start noticing trends in when he comes to the gym
>Both of our push/chest days happen to be on sunday mornings, he usually arrives at 10am
>Get there at 9:30am every sunday to steal rack
>Stares me down, walks by a ton, gets visibly bothered throughout my workout
>This makes me happy
>Starts coming in with some chick, no idea how they know each other
>She now stares me down all the time

I enjoy my nemesis. He fuels my lifts. Reached a lot of PRs lately because of it.

everyone is my gym nemesis, but we're civil.
>gangstalked

>be me lifting at the Uni gym over summer
>decide that it's time to finally work on my calves
>read about the subject
>decide that light weight with hig reps / full rom is the way to go
>starts hitting them every two days
>do them with 25lbs on each side for 20+ reps
>datburn.jpg
>some days when I get to the machine I notice one, sometimes two plates on the machine
>starts looking aroud to see if Jay Cutler is working out at my gym
>only spot DYEL faggots
>deload this bullshit and put my 25s
>over the days I notice that my 25s are often put away and replaced by 45s + extra-weight
>who the fuck can rep 100lbs+ on this machine with good form
>the answer is no one
>finally spot the culprit
>DYEL black dude
>loads TWO 45s on each side and sits down
>waitforit.jpg
>he starts going 1/4 of the way down then pushes the way back up by pulling with his arms like crazy
>basically doing a seated row
>pic related is mfw
>this goes on for several days
>this retard even does calves raises one rep maxes
>other people start picking up on it and do the same
>tfw I see DYEL faggs doing 1/4 reps with 45s because of this doofus
>this faggot is there everyday at the same time as me and he works calves everyday

My gym nemesis is both an idiot and a gains goblin

God damn why didn't you say something?

Same, my nemesis is the reason I lift bigger than I normally would. It's the competition that fuels me.

>185
The fuck kind of a d lineman were you?

lol?
>compete with your friends, which is fun, and win too
>do this in many things, like friends do
>want to beat the shit out of friend because "lol dont chaleng me bro"
What's wrong with you faggot

>Gym nemesis
kys yourself my man

>door when he's taking a shit and then quickly run away
>We're both Indian.
Wouldn't he see you walk past him and knock on the door then run past him as he's squatting on the pavement? He probably thinks you're retarded.

do u live in SC?

here is a pic of my gym nemesis.

any suggestions on how to overcome him?

My gym is full of bros that do bench/curls 85% of the time.

I don't really have a gym nemesis because nobody does any barbell exercise besides bench press, most of the guys seem to respect me for some reason even though I am 6'3 185lb skeleton, nice athletic low body fat wide shoulder build though.

>get asked for squat advice
>get asked for deadlift advice
>people generally very friendly to me even if they dont talk to others

There was some guy who tried to oneup my squats a while ago but I've not seen him in a few months now, must have quit.

I homegym. My only nemesis is my crushing laziness.

You are either too dumb or you are making assumptions, which makes you also dumb. So let me rephrase it in a way you might understand it:
>i hate competition in any way
>i only compete with myself
>my friends FORCE me to compete against them
>i usually win
>one dumbfuck will challenge me in judo the same fucking second he finds out
>and as I hate challenges, if he will compel me to fight, I will destroy him no matter what

Same except I've been making mad integrity and determination (opposite of lazy?) gains in the last 2-3 years.

>I hate competition

Beta numale manlet phaggot detected.

Hurr Durr competition is bad, everybody should get a winners trophy and be special :)

Kys

TRICERATOPS