/thicc/

Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc.

> /thicc/ Pastebin
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
Before asking questions, please take a look at the pastebin.

What is Thicc Mode?
>Thicc mode is traditional male aesthetics. Thicc mode for Veeky Forums has been described as a body built from barbell strength training with accessories (texas method, madcow, 5/3/1), 13% to 17% bodyfat that has crossover to strength or contact sports ability. Twinks, ottermode, & contest ready bodybuilders are not thicc mode.

Permanent Discord link:
discord.gg/ZP4HrNc

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/workouts/boring-but-big-3-month-challenge
youtube.com/watch?v=QCmp09NDPCY&feature=youtu.be&t=14m13s
youtube.com/watch?v=I09pmkd4y-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do people think of Boring but Big Texas method version?
I've been doing it for a while and my bench has gone up from 170 to 220

I feel like it doesn't hit upper back just looking at the exercises, but I definitely physically feel it idk

I would add more upper back work to it. I love doing back work though, so that's just me.

I was fucking getting thicc then i injured myself and now im half the size i was 3 weeks ago, fucking hell.

It'll all come back user. Rest up and get some proper recovery.

Anyone have the picture of the thicc guy holding a beer can?

I do 5/3/1 boring but big and it's giving me great success

I feel you, I had to miss the gym for a month and now my deadlift and squats are down 50 lbs and my OHP and bench are down 25 lbs.

;)

Looking for the sips version of this if anyone has it.

T H I C C

Does being thicc look bad on a manlet? (5''7')

>I will never be a tall thicc guy
>Its okay though, i like myself even though im a manlet

5'7" is turbomanlet status, you're gonna look like shit no matter what

No, I think was only 5'8 or so

Working on it

Thankfully not all people judge you only on your height/appearance but rather on your accomplishments and personality. Thanks for your contribution anyway bruv.

Thicc manlets are my weakness

Thanks bro, was looking for this guy for some time now!

What's the best program to reach 1/2/3/4 ?
I'm a lanklet that was fat, now i still have fat but no muscle underneath it, been lifting for 7 months, stats are 3x5 :
>42.5kg ohp
>65kg bench
>80kg power clean
>95kg squat
>120kg dead

I'm weak as fuck and stalling, idk which routine to do, was doing the GSLP Veeky Forums version meme but it led me nowhere.

I also cant do chinups/pullups since it's a homegym and theres litterally nothing around where i live ( wish i was joking ).

Should i do SS?

>t-nation.com/workouts/boring-but-big-3-month-challenge
>"I've always recommended using 50% of your training max..."

Is he talking about 1RM or 5RM?

eat more you fuck

im 6'2 lifting for 8 months

ohp 65kg
bench 90kg
squat 140kg
deadlift 190kg

all for singles

Get a pullup bar, mountable on wall or make one yourself

Dont be afraid of testing your one rep max
Work on your weakest points that hold you back in your compound lifts

Clean up your form
its most likely shit on every lift

t. noob

downed pot of coffee time to lift lads wish me luck
imma do some skwats

Shit, this guy is perfect. Hnnnnng

I'm fat as fuck my dude,
210lbs as 6'4"

Also, how exactly would you program BBB in conjuction with TM?

What does thicc recommend for shoulders? I do OHP and and accessory lifts but I feel like my shoulders are really lacking. Should I just increase my volume and frequency?

Just started today. Picked up a barbell set now I'm waiting on my squat to stand to arrive from Amazon.

I still got in a workout though. I worked on squat-stance deadlifts, overhead presses, and did three sets of pull-ups to failure. Since it was my first day barbell training, I didn't go too heavy ( are usually train with kettle bells and bodyweight exercises). The workout felt good though.

>deads - 205lbs 5r x 3s
>Press - 115lbs 5r x 3s
> pull ups - 12, 8, 4reps

Does anyone have the screencap of the user talking about pendlays training methods? Was pretty long as I recall

Pull-ups and lateral raises, big Z style.

youtube.com/watch?v=QCmp09NDPCY&feature=youtu.be&t=14m13s

Try doing like 10 sets with weight and 3 sets amrap only barbell

Try doing ohp multiple times a week

What have you tried so far?

What's the best method for getting thick? Should I just become as strong as I can be doing strength programs? Or are ther more fluffy pump workouts in addition to strength work? Im almost at 3 plates squats and 4 plates deadlifts (being 165lbs 5'10) but I think Texas Method would be a lot of emphasys on strength and not a lot to hypertrophy like another program would do. Any thoughts about this?

Nice dude, keep progressing

I did OHP 3 times a week and always low reps high weight, I just kept eating and gaining weight and now I think I could hit 90kg for a single at a good day.

I think strength is the key and the other part is diet, certain muscle groups might respond better to isolation but in general I'd say just get strong at the big 4 and do your accessory work while eating at Continuous surplus

Is anybody here actually thicc? It just seems like thicc mode is really just any regular bodybuilder/powerlifter/strongman/etc with a little extra bodyfat. Barbell lifting can't be the end all be all for thicc mode

Why would you say that?
Hypertrophy training = Big muscles
Strength training = strength

Just a heads up, I'm 1m82/6'0, weigh in around 80kg/175lbs, used to have a big three gym total of well over 500kg/1100lbs AND look DYEL by Veeky Forums standards.

Unless you have a naturally thick build, you need hyperthrophy training to supplement your strength work if you want to look thick.

venny plz. You're beyond thicc. You're godly!

>210 6'4

lmfao

trust me
gomad and lift hard af
preferably fullbody type of thing erry day
dont talk to me before 235 lbs

You could be much stronger though

sounds like you are being jewed for gains.

i would rather say keep doing 5x5 and add in some chin ups after every workout as well as some band pull aparts in between every push set and band/cable facepulls after every other workout.

im no PT though

I'm working on it, I need to put on weight

sit that juicy booty on my cawk

Read a bit about 5/3/1, then you will know. Until you haven't understood the concept of Training Maxes, don't even start the program

Do stronglift for 6 months then change if you stall too hard

is this guy meso or endo?

seeing how wide hips are a sure give away to endomorphic body type. I'm pretty sure the guy is mesomorphic

don't shit yourself my dude
wouldn't want you to have to switch gyms

I don't understand why guys drink coffee. Yeah sure caffeine. You can get caffeine in pill form now. Coffee is a natural diuretic causing you to have to pee constantly and dehydrating you in the process. Why not just take a caffeine pill with water and keep hydrated with less frequent bathroom breaks.

How much caffeine do the pills have?

about 200 mg same as a cup of coffee

>Coffee is a natural diuretic causing you to have to pee constantly and dehydrating you in the process

I am sick of this general ignorance, you will gain more liquid drinking a cup cup of coffee than you will lose from the diuretic effect of the caffiene. Do you think you drink a 300ml cup of coffee and piss out a litre of water?

youtube.com/watch?v=I09pmkd4y-o

Is SL good to start with if my end goal is THICC? After SL I would switch to Justin's Texas Method

kys faggot

Hohoho, can so tiny.

Thicc mode requires the use of test

Post justin

this mode is basically for guys who want to be shred but don't have the discipline to cut to 10% right?

Good example of a nice cruise physique.

Not really. I love having higher bf%.

why would u want to look fat? i get anxiety issues anytime i get over 12%

12% isn't fat user. You can still look good up to 20% as long as you've got some muscle.

I never really felt fat at 15%

What's a good routine for 80\s Operator Mode?

Hypertrophy doesn't work for natties you stupid cuck, the guy in your picture isn't natty.
Yeah, you were dyel because you were 80kg you dumbass

Cutting atm and I feel like I'm losing all of my upper body gains and tits. I don't know how to feel about this, facial aesthetics ofc getting better by the day and I'm almost able to wear crop tops again but yeah, there isn't much thickness once I'm done. Also hate it how my ass looks great from the side but is shaped like a square from behind and the upper part of my glutes are not up to the lower parts. I've hit them hard for years so I believe that it's just unlucky genetics if something.

Oh fugggggg, coming from a femanon, your bod is perfect. Given that you aren't manlet.

Keep at it user. We'll make it some day.
I'm cutting currently too, hoping that I don't cut to realise my bulk resulted in fuck all muscle growth.

>get strong at the big 4 and do your accessory work
>you need hyperthrophy training to supplement your strength work if you want to look thick.

What are some recommended accessories to the main lifts?

depends.
things like face pulls and shoulder dislocates are necessary for proper ROM and not straining your joints.
being weak off the chest in bench could be a shoulder or chest weakness, so ohp or dips would help.
a weak lockout means weak tri's, so close grip or slingshot.
folding over in a squat could be weak quads or weak core. front squats and ab work solve both.
shaking knees, drastically forward knees, and a drastic difference in atg vs above parallel strength imply weak glutes. step ups, lunges, barbell hip thrusts, pause squats.
catback on diddlies could mean shit form, weak glutes, or weak abs. unilateral glute work + abs + lighten the load.
other than that, most accessories are for aesthetics. pick a couple weak bodyparts and do a few sets with a lot of reps.
"accessory" generally refers to work added to fix a weakness in a lift, fluff work is to be j00cy.

how do i achieve this?

Lift, eat, sleep, run all week then drink beer on weekends after sports.

>drink beer on weekends
Best part of shooting for thicc, as long as you don't go overboard with it

Bumping because also interested

Routine? Diet? Time lifting? Fucking goal body dude

This body is top charm.

Working on it, just need to do some more cardio to lose love handles.

love handles are unfortunately part of the deal when youre thicc. just gotta hope your back is wide enough to offset any love handles

Fuck, guess its time to train back twice a week