Martial Arts

I am 24/f looking to start taking martial arts classes on a regular basis. I have been working out regularly 4/5 times a week for the past 8 months, and want to further work on my strength as well as defense. What forms of martial arts would you recommend? Which do you practice? I am interested in Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Hapkido, Kung Fu, and Jiu Jitsu

boxing,

General consensus is you should train a grappling art and a striking art. I did muay thai and sambo for a year before my gym closed.

>tfw i still can't find a gym like my old one

BABY COME BACK

Are you Moldylocks?

>Did Sambo for a couple months about ten years ago
>Go to BJJ class today
>mark the zero experience box
>get put with couple old guys and 19 year old chick
>spend whole class trying not to outshine and/or kill the other people in my class
>mfw instructor tells me I'm learning quickly

That's the worst part of a new gym. Even if you say you have some experience, they will throw you in with the beginners because you are either beginner or advanced. There is no middle ground.

Getting into wrestling in 2 months, any advice?

For a woman? Jiujutsu.

If you ever have to actually use it, it may save your life. You simply won't be able to box or kickbox a grown man trying to rape you.

this is not really a place for martial art talk because of all the memes.

i do traditional jujutsu and would recommend it. it helps you learn how to use your body. sometimes you unerstand a move but can't do it. don't think you are a retard and keep working at it. you probably (depending on the dojo) become so strong that quick. compared to other martial arts. but i think that is the right way to go at it. because you will end up somewhere better than muay thai would bring you.

as for aikido, I recommend you to do it when you get old. because jujutsu techniques are the same as aikido techniques. only difference is that aikido doesn't require power. it requires you to have learned how to use your body.

I personally think tae kwon do is a fucking meme. but i would not be saying this if i hadn't done jujutsu. i think you will eventually understand. the only strike you will need is (except if you choose to hit the opponent in the middle of a technique) is the push kick, defensively that is.

just remember. if you do jujutsu, there is no end point. you can just keep learning and learning.

sorry i meant to say ''won't become so strong that quick''

tits or gtfo

Krav Maga (go into full sparring)

Blue board, you psychologically stunted virgin

rolling

so close

>I am 24/f

No one cares, you fat cunt.

nice try

you seem to do

if quints everyone who posted gets brain cancer

you'll still get raped and have your jaw broken

Bjj also.

I joined a gym that's mostly bjj but has boxing and Muay Thai classes I can take. We have women who compete - it's super motivating.

BJJ is the best out of the ones you listed. Most of what you listed are absolute memes.

I suggest grappling, since you don't really want your brain cells getting punched out yet. And BJJ in my opinion is the best.

Don't do any of that bullshit.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, or Muay Thai.

So close, maybe just a small tumor?

she hasn't listed bjj

judo is a sport. not the most suited thing if you wanna protect yourself. my code is: if groin strikes are illegal, don't do that martial art

Bjj is a meme

what do you suggest instead?

Hapkido, Jiujitsu, Judo.
Aside from Muay Thai there really isn't much that a woman can take up later in life that she can be effective in for martial arts.
Boxing is only good for grills if you start young or drill hard to learn technique, and everything else is garbage tier

I thought she meant BJJ instead of traditional JiuJitsu.

Don't be this retarded

Krav maga (check kapap or smart Krav maga)

OP should clarify. OP where are you?

She didn't say she wanted to protect herself.

Let's be honest, people might think that's why they get into martial arts, but ultimately this shit of shit won't come up for a lot of people. Most people just want a hobby that is fun and to stay in shape.

I know a few women from our gym that have been attacked on the street.

One (who is a champion Thai Boxer, very high level) used BJJ to get away.

The other, who is smaller and less athletic (although quite athletic, the other one is just a stud athlete) used a combination of Judo, BJJ and muay to get away from an attack recently.

This is my experience. I've done martial arts for maybe 6 years? I'm a coach at a very old (for modern combat sports) and respected school. I'm nothing special, but our gym certainly is and has produced champions in multiple arts.

Judo is great for self-defense.

Prepare to get dominated for a while. There's an extreme learning curve with it but wrestling is the greatest martial art I've ever had the pleasure of learning. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick with it for too long before I got out of school, but it carries over to almost any athletic endeavor due to the strength you'll develop. Injury rates are pretty high though and its the most competitive thing out there.

She didn't say she wanted to protect herself.

Let's be honest, people might think that's why they get into martial arts, but ultimately this shit of shit won't come up for a lot of people. Most people just want a hobby that is fun and to stay in shape.

I know a few women from our gym that have been attacked on the street.

One (who is a champion Thai Boxer, very high level) used BJJ to get away.

The other, who is smaller and less athletic (although quite athletic, the other one is just a stud athlete) used a combination of Judo, BJJ and muay to get away from an attack recently.

This is my experience. I've done martial arts for maybe 6 years? I'm a coach at a very old (for modern combat sports) and respected school. I'm nothing special, but our gym certainly is and has produced champions in multiple arts.

Judo is great for self-defense, although it is not for everyone and maybe not be the best one to recommend now that I think about it. BJJ or Muay Thai.

Yes so she may Jew claw and defenceless Palestinians she may encounter.
Aside from the Krav Maga is like Systema. It looks cool in Youtube videos, but is really only effective on people that don't fight back

well I think the OP is a cute image :3

Really depends on why you want to do it OP. I hear krav maga is best for actual self defense. BJJ is loads of fun but not practical in a street fight cos it's never 1v1. TKD is fun and flashy but impractical. Aikido isn't really a martial art, but it's great for understanding body mechanics and how to use momentum/energy. I don't know anything about kung fu or hapkido

>if groin strikes are illegal, don't do that martial art
Well that rules out
>Boxing
>BJJ
>Judo
>Wrestling
>Muay Thai
>Kyokushin Karate
>Virtually every martial art that practices full or medium contact
Great, she could take up knitting.

You don't know jack about anything, and that's sad, is not like "systema" you moron, it's more EFFECTIVE on strong people who fights back

If a man created this thread it would get 5 replies at max.

i looked up kapap on youtube. some of the techiques are veeery similar to what we do in jujutsu. but it looks a little gimmicky. and focuses on fucking up the other guy instead of saving yourself. i might actually wanna do it someday

if you wanna do those, go ahead. i like to watch most of the things you listed. but if you wanna protect yourself, you have superior options.

>cont
MMA, muay thai, wrestling and boxing are mostly sports, good for conditioning and cardio and some carryover to self defense. Traditional karate is pretty good for self-development and mental strength/wellness. I did iaijutsu (Japanese sword fighting from the sheath, literally means 'the technique of drawing a sword') for a while which was really enjoyable but really had no benefit to fitness or self-defense. I also did a bit of eskrima or w/e it's called, filipino stick/machete fighting which is kinda cool but mostly bullshit.

So do whatever you feel like as long as it's not a mcdojo. Pepper spray and/or a pipebomb in your purse is probably more effective for self defense anyway.

Then you might check "Smart Krav Maga" o "KMG" (I really don't like the stupid grading of belts)

Krav Maga is the single most McDojo martial art there is. The people who talk about how amazing it is have never done any martial arts for any appreciable amount of time or if they have it was some McDojo nonsense and they suck.

Most martial arts are sports you nigger. Of course groin strikes are illegal in a training or ring fight situation, just like neck strikes

this rule always applies you closet homo

why would i care about the most of anything?

The people pretending like Krav Maga, and system are worth it are deluded morons.

Krav Maga is useless as fuck, basically mutiple styles mixed in a pot with shit thrown it and stirred until runny.

It's nothing more but you being taught to do ANYTHING to get away from an attacker, IE; suck his dick, bite his dick, bite his nose etc..

Systema is all bullshit and for show.

Sambo>>>>>>>>>> Systema and Krav jew Maga.

Krav Maga is not an sport and is not a martial art, get your "facts" done, moron.

Post your hot bod

>Krav Maga is shit

Exactly my point. The people who preach Krav Maga are the most autistic people with no actual experience in martial arts.

No one who has done martial arts for any amount of time seriously would post this shit. I've met all kinds of people over the years. Regular people, amateur competitors, police, military, instructor who have trained champions, instructors who teach special forces. Again, none of them would ever say anything like this.

You are just some faggot ass LARPers. Fuck off with your fantasies.

Krav Maga is the Crossfit of martial arts

ill slide in ur dms

>mainly of Japanese origin
>Japanese
>Not Greek
>Mah Pankration
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also only problem with Sambo, only real place to go learn is Russia. Because either you don't have one near you, or it's a completely shit place.

In australia you won't find a samba class, yet you'll find bullshit systema everywhere.

>preach (?)

Or you mean "bashing"?

>no judo

Why Op? the only one there that isn't a meme is bjj

Please be in london

Judo is a meme, enjoy getting your face kicked in. No one on the street will take the fight to the ground.

As someone that has been boxing for 8 years, I'd break your jaw without getting on the ground once.

That goes to BJJ too.

what if your opponent takes you down? if you try to punch a jujutsu guy, you are at his mercy. not speaking for every jujutsu guy out there of course.

Is there a better combo than kickboxing, judo and jiujitsu? Also if you would add one more, which one would be?

CQC

Typical post from a boxer. This is why I don't suggest anyone doing any form of boxing. The sport is filled with white trash, few of who know how to properly train. Have fun getting a head injury due to the retarded minorities and white trash "tough" training methods.

Krav Maga or the army combat style. That way I can fight with and against firearms too in close range.

Clearly all your years of boxing have caused considerable head trauma, leading to the mild retardation that you are currently suffering from.