What is a better display of strength, athleticism, power and coordination: powerlifting or olympic weightlifting?

What is a better display of strength, athleticism, power and coordination: powerlifting or olympic weightlifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OqA42Z2IKh0
youtube.com/watch?v=-VJ8mSQe-4k
youtu.be/nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Olympic weightlifting.

No one gives a fuck about some fat fuck that can only squat 400kg while going down 3cms.

Olympic lifting obviously

Powerlifting is just for roiding fat fucks who needs a way to justify their terribly unhealthy lifestyle and terrible form.

They're both shit for impressing normies, no one outside your weird little hobby will care because it's so far outside their frame of reference.

>Clean and jerk 250kg
Wow that's pretty heavy.
>Deadlift 500kg
Wow that's pretty heavy.
>Carry a bag of dog food
Wow that's pretty heavy.

Bodyweight

/thread

MMA

>What is a better display of strength, athleticism, power and coordination
How about an actual sport, not moving bars up and down

even are all better for what you want

This which is why and are the most impressive by far.

>oh, wow, you can lift a heavy weight that a forklift could do. cool

This is very true because its all relative. If you can lift 50kg then you're already better than most the population and anything higher than that isnt impressive at all. Its the same trick with a different number whether its 50 or 500kg.

But a guy who can do a proper dragon flag, one handed push ups and hold your bodyweight off a poll sideways will always drown in attention over someone lifting a heavy weight.

Not true. No one fails to be impressed by olympic weightlifting if they see it in person and actually try to pick up the barbell that an oly lifter just lifted over their head. Normies don't care because they never actually watch oly lifting and because they have no idea how much the plates weigh.

>Normies don't care because they never actually watch oly lifting and because they have no idea how much the plates weigh.
Not the same guy, but this is exactly what he is saing. Normies need it played out in front of them before they understand it. Meaning unless you carry around your deadlifting wieght with you, so you and said normie can both try to lift it, the weight won't matter.
At the moderate tier both will impress normies, since both will transition well. It is only once you get into the professional league where you have those 400 pound beasts diddlying 1000 pounds

Poo

>yeeeaaaa I used to bench that when I was in Highschool

there is no power or athleticism displayed in powerlifting

powerlifting is a single quality sport, it tests absolute strength

youtube.com/watch?v=OqA42Z2IKh0

try to top vid rel

youtube.com/watch?v=-VJ8mSQe-4k

Yeah, and?

And what did OP ask?

Oh, yeah. I agree with you.

Yea, I meant that there is no more impressive athlethicsm than strenght to go over somebody, vertical to jump so high, and quickness to move around folks

delet this

I started lifting at 22

Is it to late to train for olympia?

youtu.be/nLVJTBZtiuw

Jeez I wonder

can you all fuck off they are both shit.
If you want to impress normies, do bodyweight stuff or athletics

people can relate to moving your body, jumping, running or throwing because everyone has done it

this is midgets: the sport

nobody gives a fuck about midgets

To be fair midgets do well in powerlifting (there are adult male records in the squat held by midgets!).

WL also requires one to have certain physical traits to get anywhere near the top level (thigh proportions primarily) and anyone over 6'2 is at an extreme disadvantage in the sport even in the higher weight classes. Coincidentally the thigh proportions and necessity to be around 6' for a heavyweight (and slightly shorter than you would assume for all weight classes) is why many WL's have the look of a midget about them.

but wasn't even me

powerlifting is at least somewhat balanced by deadlifts being the biggest proportion of total (usually, for sub 120+ kg lifters) and favoring long limbs

in WL there is absolutely no advantage that i know of to having long limbs, so it's manlet-proportion city

How strong do you need to be with your lifts to be able to do those things?

I understand a large part is technique but how much strength do you need?

or you can just build muscle mass with weights, and then you look impressive 24/7 without having to do tricks like a little circus monkey

>How strong do you need to be with your lifts to be able to do those things?
I did those things while my 8RM for deadlifts was 78kg and my 1RM was 102kg

I can't do those things now, when my 1RM is 230kg and 8RM is 190kg.

Why can't you do them now?

because he's a grown man now

This 100%. Just get shredded

DELETE THIS

Fuark, Ben Stiller is getting ripped.

oly

this