1400 calories a day, tracked

>1400 calories a day, tracked
>TDEE 2060
>workout 5 times a week, cardio and lifting
>do this for 5 and a half months
>5lbs lost, 4 inches from waist, 4 from hips
>5lbs for 5 and a half months of solid workout and healthy eating
>with MFP, I should have lost at least 40lbs

I assumed at first it must have been my diet, then dropped my calories even further (to 1200) with no effect. I don't see where else I can lower my calories as my deficit (or at least my calc of my deficit) is already larger than it should be.

I don't know whether to approach my doctor because it seems like bullshit and I dont want to seem like im searching for an excuse, as I love my new lifestyle. My thyroid is perfect as I've had it checked several times for unrelated reasons.

I know the most common answers are "eat less, track more specifically, move more" but I feel as though I'm doing everything right and still failing miserably.

The only time I lost weight was doing keto and that happened over two weeks. Could it be that my body just responds better to a low carb diet?

I would really appreciate some guidance on this. I wanted to really commit before getting frustrated about not seeing a difference as I know it's a long process (didn't gain the weight in 5 months!) but I reckon I should have had more results by now.

try water fasting?

Sorry dude you've hit your set point.

That's the minimum weight you can achieve without completely starving yourself

But don't worry, everyone is beautiful! Be proud of your dad bod ;)

yeah try a low carb diet.

Also, by aggressively cutting for such a long period of time, you have slowed down your metabolism

you played yourself, son. Only cut 300 calories FROM DIET, and maybe 200-300 from exercise. I'm sure you've plateaued

Isn't water fasting a meme? I will look into it though, any tips?

If only this were true friend. I am classed as obese (or at least overweight). Hence why it's so annoying - I have the weight there to lose.

your TDEE is a moving target

it is obviously not really 2060 if your calories are being counter accurately and you have not lost anywhere near the weight you should have

so yes, eat even less, use n-suns tdee spreadsheet to find out your actual tdee based on changes in your weight

Thank you. I've been eating low calorie for quite a while now.

Am I better doing the low carb diet or maybe slowly feeding myself up to my actual maintenance for a few weeks, then dropping by about 400?

Ok thank you for your reply.

Just to check - am I eating too little (as previous user suggested) or too much?

Too much

i dont think that water fasting is a meme. try it while seeing a doctor tho, it's definetly not healthy, but if you wanna lose weight go for it

I know this feel

>1900 BMR
>as this is my BMR, not my TDEE, surely if I eat at my BMR and never ever more, I'm going to lose weight over time, no?
>eat between 1800 to 1900 calories, fully tracked, no cheating
>4 months later
>lost 1kg

What the fuck
I don't want to starve, which would happen if I ate any calorie less. I don't want to break myself doing tons of bullshit cardio, so I just lift. If my BMR is 1900, by eating 1800 to 1900 and counting my daily activities and lifting it should amass a decent deficit, shouldn't it?
During these months I noticed the weight was not going down but I kept at it because it is not exactly hard doing what I'm doing, but GOD DAMN IT, I want to reach low body fat levels before doing a clean bulk, why is it not working?
I can't wait to bulk anymore reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lifting helps gain and keep weight. All my friends who lost massively did diet alone, maybe cardio, no weights.

I forgot to mention,
>183cm / 6'0
>80kg / 176.3 lb
>around 15% bf
>10% or less bf goal before clean bulking

too much, if your weight is not going down

how long have you been cutting continuously? generally things get shittier after 6-8 weeks straight, and exponentially shittier after 12 weeks straight to the point that you would be better suited taking a break from your cut

I have a hard time believing you can actually eat 1800 a day and not lose weight, though, are you positive you are only eating this much?

Oh, you still gotta train like an animal. don't walk out from the gym unless you're exaussted

4 months "cutting"
1800 are the low days, 1900 are the regular ones, never more
120g to 200g of protein a day
This is not hard but I'm about to take radical action, I feel like my metabolism is actually much much slower than the calculated 1900BMR, otherwise there is no explanation
I'm VERY mad at this because I hate cardio, but it seems I'll have to do it as I don't want to eat less than 1800 (it seems stupid for my height)

how much weight lost in that time?

Simple. Either
1. You didn't track your calories correctly.
2. You incorrectly calculated your

I'm assuming you don't include calories lost from exercise (unless you do a LOT of strenuous exercise, it doesn't count)

Scoobs calc said my tdee was 2400 and i should eat 1950 to lose weight.

i ate 1800 with 200g protein per day and lost 5kg over 3 weeks.

i calculated my tdee with thw minimal activity level but worked out every day.

Your metabolism gets fucked on aggressive cuts so eat at maintenence for a week or two and get back to cutting for a few months until you slow down again

>scooby calc
>Step 5: Enter Activity Level: Desk job with little exercise (lowest I can pick, as I'm in fact sedentary)
>Step 6: Select Your Goal: lose fat, -20% calories
>Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): 1886
>Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE): 2263
>Daily calories based on goal in step 6: 1811

I've been eating 1800 - 1900 cal for 4 months and I lost 1kg
No, I am not cheating, I'm not dumb and I prepare all my meals
I think I'll get my thyroid / hormones checked, as I planned to eat at my BMR, executed the plan flawlessly and the weight lost was insignificant

Maybe even consume caffeine - I don't do it already because I strongly dislike it. I'm very very sensitive to stimulants (50mg is enough to get my heart rate up and have me breathing faster) and I hate the feel when stopping it after a few days of consumption

>then dropped my calories even further (to 1200) with no effect.
I find that hard to believe.

Well why are we still bothering with coal to make power when we have you? Just toss you in a power plant and let's get to work. Seeing as how you violate the conservation of mass and energy.

Or maybe you're just a pathetic faggot that can't measure food properly.

Why didn't you listen to me? I told you to start fasting.

shoo shoo tripfag

Lifting isn't going to help you as much as cardio work will

if you're a man why are you cutting down to 1400 calories??? the fuck senpai.

This. It's not a meme baby boi, you'll lose mad weight mad fast c'mon

I've lost 50lbs since october and like 5 since mai but now each lbs is making a greater impact visually. Just keep lifting and eating clean. Now is not the time to give up after so much efforts over such a long time. We're all gonna make it babes.

I lost 10kg in a month by having 1kcal a day and doing spin classes 3 times a week.

kys tripfag

Sad you have to solve captchas and wait before posting?

You're already single handedly the worst trip fag on fit, congrats