Shoes

What kind of lifting shoes do you guys use?
I these Adidas Powerlift 3 for $65

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BU9OC1zhBsd/?taken-by=adiweightlifting&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just use running shoes. Are lifting shoes necesary for newbies?

I have those exact shoes too OP, got em on sale last black friday.

They are great.

got a used pair of adipowers for 40 bucks from play it again sports. shit was serendipitous.

your father forgot to wear a condom

They arent, but I've heard and inclined heel helps.
Try putting small plates under the heel and it kinda simulates it

haha good one mate

i'd say you're fine until you start squatting heavy weight, but if you're regularly squatting loads on a sole that compresses, then you are doing your knees harm in the long run regardless. not to mention the fact that you probably have overworn your running shoes, are most people are wont to do. if i had to take a wild guess, you're squatting through pronation on top of a compliant surface.

do 40-year-old you a favor and buy a cheap pair of chucks or some powerlifts if you're going to keep squatting into adulthood.

if you're just some shmuck who's going to give up lifting in two years and gain a dad bod, then do whatever you want.

These. Not sure what could be better.

what if i lift in dress shoes?

Better to go barefoot than running shoes.

looking into buying a pair but i cant find any retail locations that stock them

im a size 11 mens US, should I just get a size 11 or do they size differently?

Just picked these babies up. They're pretty sweet.

I ordered online since I couldn't find ANY anywhere
I I'm a 10.5 in the day shoes I bought just yesterday but a 10 in all of my others. Its hard to tell but i went woth what i usually have.

Anyone know where i could buy lifting shoes where I specify the width.

I wear a size 10.5 and 5E or 6E width.

>3 for $65
why would you need 3 ?

How's the fit on those? Looking at buying online and want to know how they compare to Nike sizes

Powerlift 3 is the name

I lift in something like pic. Don't want to spend the extra money on another pair of shoes, but I have no idea if lifting in indoor shoes like these is retarded or not

Forgot

Adipower on squat days. I heard the new one sucks. Chucks for everything else.

Any cheaper recommendations? Aussie looking at ebay and everything looks expensive as fuck

Nano 7

Not him but in my experience Adidas are pretty consistent with their sizes. Try some casuals and sports shoes from Adidas in stores and order the respective size.

Cheaper than powerlift 3s? they're pretty much bottom of the barrel dawg.

Best bang for buck imo is VS Weightlifting II shoes. They basically have the same heel as a Do-Win, but about 40-50 dollars cheaper, and with a synthetic outer material that i like a lot more than that mesh stuff.

plus TWO (2) metatarsal straps!!1

OP here
I should have tried on some shoes in a store by adidas, but I just bought the avarage size shoe I usually wear

Same here, I love the Adipowers but only for squats. I throw on some old Vans for anything else.

hi-top chucks are legit the best weight lifting shoes

Hey, did you take the last 10 in that color?! Got these last week too with that price drop, plus a 30% coupon, but had to go for the blue.

Honestly, I like going barefoot better, so kind of disappointed I got them. I'll wear them sometimes whenever I don't feel like getting my feet all nasty, I guess.

In comparison to regular training shoes, though, they're great.

Was on ebay, the average was about 150AUD, not bank breaking expensive but the OP had said 65 so thought there might have been cheaper. Maybe I should just shell out

Try to check other websites.

Rogue has frequent sales on their shoes. Do they ship to AU?

Sized correctly, though a bit narrow (caused some pain). But they might stretch out; I've only lifted in mine one time.

Hello Joe Rogan

>size 10
Are you a manlet?

lmao I'm 10.5 at 6'3", shoe size doesn't mean anything

> hi-top

Lowcut is the only acceptable answer

thanks anons, I'll probably wait until they restock my size or buy the VS's

Those are the 2.0s right?

Adidas PP2's

>6'3"

Measuring with your weight lifting shoes on doesn't count.

>feetlet

When will they learn?

I squat in a pair of adidas vs hoops, as long as they are flat I'm happy. Had a pair of power perfects before but I squat way too deep in heels.

Theyre a fucking meme like pussy pads. All they do is compensate for poor form

I have the same ones, only in faggy bright orange. Got them like 50% off, it was important because Polish poorfag here.

The problem with lifting in regular shoes is that a proportion of your energy is used to compress the sole. With a solid heel, all of your force is going towards moving the weight. So you will literally be slightly stronger with a hard heel. The other benefit to lifting shoes is that they are pretty ruggedly built and hold your foot in place whereas a regular leather shoe will have some give side-to-side. If you're only doing low weights for casual lifting then it doesn't matter but when you start getting serious, and especially when you start trying to do high bar squatting, lifting shoes are a good investment. I'd get adipowers or romeleos thouogh, the cheaper adidas ones aren't as good.

I forgot to mention obviously the heel is useful for depth with a high bar squat. If you go low bar with a wide stance like a powerlifter than you're better off with flat shoes than a raised heel.

i always take my shoes off to squat and deadlift (bodybuilding not powerlifting). theyre just regular trainers

is this ok?

God like transition from normie shoes to flatsoled. Quality materials, easy to clean, and good sole. Also bargain for 50€.

It's no problem if you can squat with good form.

where can i find different colors for the adidas power perfect?

>not squatting at every workout day
never gonna make it

These for all lifts except Dead Lift.

Reebok legacy lifters, really good for squats, presses (tm) and oly stuff. usually they cost around 200 dollaroos but got them 50% off

anybody knows where to buy these from?

instagram.com/p/BU9OC1zhBsd/?taken-by=adiweightlifting&hl=en

I use them for deadlifts desu, just got used to doing it, way less hamstring use, more lower back and quads. Probably explains how I ended up straining my back on a 280kg deadlift (was going for a PB of 310kg and fucked up on my warm up sets!)

What's the difference between squatting barefoot versus lifting shoes? Which is better, or is it just personal preference?