lol

>took them 40+ years to attain their physique

Seems about right

>bodybuilders dont lift heavy
>2 pics of old school bodybuilders who were known to squat 500+ lbs
great post dude makes a lot of sense

>lifting light

Why fucking bother then. Boring and pointless as hell

Nobody on Veeky Forums lifts as much as Lilliebridge.

Except they did it as a natural next step to grow their muscles. They didnt rush forth a PR or went 3RM maxes every other day to impress other obese people in a cellar meet.

The max weight a person lifts isnt what causes bodily damage, the timeframe and method of training does. But you probably knew this already.

>posts 2 bodybuilders
>talking about powerlifting
??
also> anecdotal evidence

I had to actually google him since there was no way he is just 27 years old like the pic in the OP.
But he is. This fat, 40 year old-looking, now handicapped man is fucking 27.

thats his brother eric
Its not the same guy as the guy in the OP

also the guy in the Op still deadlifts over 300kg after his injury

instagram.com/ernielilliebridgejr/?hl=en

None of the Lilliebridges are bodybuilders.
It´s also called "Cherrypicking", not anectdotal.

honestly its not about the heavy weights its the trash form with heavy weights over that timeframe. look at his older vids you can see his lower back rounding everytime

he probally never gave his spine a break either

honestly i just hit 30 and i get fucking weird soreness inbetween my back vertebrae after squats, and my tendons in my elbows and knees get sore from lifting. it does put a lot of wear and tear on your body and the older you get the more it becomes noticeable. i keep my compound lifts to just over 1pl8 now

he's just a guy that lifts man. he takes steroids and eats food so he can lift huge weights because its what he likes. why all the hate? lilliebridge doesnt mind if you dont go to his meet or not.

my instinct says you dont lift and are just some of the /b/ or /r9k/ detritus that we have floating around the board

>1pl8 squats makes his body sore
jesus christ you need to stop being a bitch

its not a muscle soreness, its a cartilage soreness. inbetween my spine feels bruised for days after doing heavy squats, to the point where i cant even really move or lie down comfortably without tingling pain. im just giving you a heads up from the over 30yr roadmark before you blow out your shit

30 also
switched to high rep low weight after my 3rd lumbago last year.
I've never been more aesthetic,got that lean muscle/angular look that girls love, improved cardio and stamina, I can focus on perfect form for every lift. I actually wish I had done it earlier.

Switching from 3*5/5*5 to 4*12/4*15 also results in increased volume, regardless of strength level, which is good, although I would recommend BCAAs to help with recovery, DOMS were WAY more painful and long-lasting with high rep volume.

Unless your life revolves around lifting/recovery/meal prep, I agree that heavy lifting isn't sustainable beyond 25/30yo.

Yeah, because the likes of Serge never lifted heavy....

In what way is using steroids "cheating" you brainwashed American spastic?

yeah then your form is trash or you lived your life previously in a trash way

squats and deadlifts actually strengthen the joints and stuff if you do it right

>citation needed

Yep I have seen at least six permabulkers back in Hs sports snap/tear their shit up one poor kid who squatted almost 4 pl8 tried running 200m dash and btfo his hamstring goodbye football scholarship

Don't get me wrong they were all huge but all constantly battling knee (squats), groin(LMAO oly snatch), lower back (deads) and shoulder (ohp/bench) injuries.

Yeah I know that this is anecdotal evidence so don't sperg out. Just don't ego lift and you'll be alright kids

>also the guy in the Op still deadlifts over 300kg after his injury
>heavy lifting almost cripples you
>continue to lift heavy after surgery because "YEEHAW AY MAYN'S GODDA DEW WHIT AY MAYN'S GODDA DEW!"
Americans.

meaning for non-manlets user? manlets aren't even capable of lifting heavy weight because they're too small

lmao in what world are you living manlets excell at lifting weights

>inb4 something about strongman
if eddie hall was 5'9 and he had the same amount of mass his strength wouldve been through the roof

The powerlifter wanted to reach his genetic limit. That is WAY different than just achieving a 250kg deadlift.
There are also a lot of guys who do way better than him and are at the top f the world within their weightclass.

This is why you cant use anecdotal evidence as truth. Because everyone is different. Hey may be one of the more unlucky ones. Because there are more in his family who keeps lifting. You will find plenty of bodybuilders who lift light, yet have tons of injuries.

>178kg at 5'9
no user in what world are (You) living

It's almost as if pinning more hormones than a farm animal and using the resulting strength to push the rest of your body to the limit isn't the best thing for your health

Using a banned substance to give yourself an unfair advantage.

"A ship will always be safe in the harbor, but that isn't what ships are built for." -Ronnie Coleman, 15 time Mr. Olympia and Undefeated America Ninja Warrior

What's the point of living if you're not going to test your limits? You'll never know how much is enough until you know how much is too much.
LIGHT WEIGHT BAY BAY AIN'T NUTTIN BUT A BUNDLE O' PEANUTS WOOOO!!!