the
fuck

spread the word, fuck sugar

Other urls found in this thread:

alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/
drdavidwilliams.com/what-is-the-best-way-to-lose-visceral-fat
pastebin.com/f54AG18Q
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=alan aragon
dailymotion.com/video/x1amh2t_bbc-horizon-sugar-v-fat-h264-1280x720-aac-rmac_lifestyle
youtube.com/watch?v=m2RBWsPA_E4
pastebin.com/f54AG18Q)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_ketogenic_diet
aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html
precisionnutrition.com/all-about-protein
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>sugar metabolized in liver almost the exact same way that alcohol is
>straight to visceral fat

How do you get rid of visceral fat? I've always indulged too much in sweets as a kid, and as an adult in beer, so I have a protruding gut.

Dr. Lustig has gotten so much shit for that. It's retarded and plain wrong. Added sugars are pretty worthless yeah but not inherently harmful.

alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/
This sums up what this is. Sugar isnt bad. If he gained 8.5kg then he consued too many kcals.
The same way that guy in "supersize me" ate 5000kcals every day and then claimed its all due to the mcdonalds food, and not with his extreme caloric intake.

found this, I suppose you can keep looking by yourself
drdavidwilliams.com/what-is-the-best-way-to-lose-visceral-fat

it is explicitly stated that he ate the same amount of calories though

Nigger this si someones fucking blog.

>beer

Free yourself, user.

sugar is demonic tho, it gets taken up way too fast. Have you ever seen a kid who ate something sugary? They became somekind of ADHD ridden freaks who bounce around EVERYWHERE.

Its not just sugar, its most simple carbs.

Simple carbs are the devil. But complex carbs are cool.

The thing with simple carbs is that if you are an athlete, they could be vital to replenish, or to provide you with that quick energy. But considering how 50% of all people are sedentary, it would not be wise for them to eat sugar.

Besides, there is another issue what sugar may create, a health problem.

pastebin.com/f54AG18Q

>he doesn't know sugar is literally satan and anyone who thinks the body "needs" sugar doesn't know you get ten days worth of sugar from a single fruit
There's a reason I quit desserts, soda and candy when I was 16.

Alan Aragon is one of the most recommended research nutritionists. That link is from his old site. If you dont know who this guy is then you should open your eyes and check. Both Layne Norton and Brad Schoenfeld work with him

The point of Supersize Me was that the guy are McDonald's for every meal the way too many Americans do by choice. Whenever he was asked whether he wanted something supersized, he said yes.
>But Americans don't eat like that
Have you seen one? I've known people who absolutely ate like that.

>Simple carbs are the devil
>sugar is demonic

I know too much sugar have a negative effect on the gut biome, but that doesnt mean its dangerous. Too much of anything is bad.

>But considering how 50% of all people are sedentary, it would not be wise for them to eat sugar.
You realise you're on Veeky Forums right? Nice trips though.

Quoting any blog is laughable at best. If you want scientific information, You get it from an academic journal. If this guy truly is decent he should be published in multiple journals, so where are They? Quoting a blog is basically admitting that you don't even know how find information, never the less actually properly use it

I didnt say americans ate like that or not.

All i said is that he ate 5000kcals a day.
It doesnt matter if you ate 5000kcals of vegetables, your health would be shit, and you would gain weight. 5000kcals is double the amount and average person should have, and most americans doesnt eat 5000kcals a day.

Look up "fathead" were a normal guy eats within the normal caloric range and improves his health on the mcdonalds diet.

Well thats the thing, most people are way above the daily recommended dosage, of 20 grams a day. Near this range and it would be okay. But most people are near 100 grams a day or more even. All the sugary sipping everywhere, added sugar in all foods, not even using that energy for anything really. Makes them fat and horrible.

And if you do that for a long amount of time, in this gut biome you will get a new balance of bacteria and fungi who grew and died accordingly. Then you are in for a shitshow and then basically all sugars are demons if you want to restore your old equilibrium.

But since 50% of all people are sedentary (based on a european research thing, it may be even more for fatmerica), then the saying that all sugars are demons, the literal devils would be quite moral since these fat pigs are too dumb to understand counting macro's. Better to tell them just to fuck off sugars entirely.

Damn bro you are so brave, I guess you live right now on bread and glass of water ?

>Use MFP to track all my calories
>Thought I was doing good with sugar intake (it lists my limit at 85 for the day - I usually hit about 60)
>I stay under 2000 cals per day
>WHO recommends no more than 50 g of sugar per day to reduce the risk of all those diseases

I thought I was eating healthy? All of my meals are made from scratch with the exception of greek yogurt for lunch.

Typical meals I consume:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 cup oats made with whole milk
Lunch: Greek yogurt (Oikos triple zero with 6 g of sugar), one chicken breast, one scoop whey protein in water
Dinner: Chicken or beef, 1.5 cups of rice

Wasn't the point of Supersize Me how fucked up his body/organs/arteries became? If you binged on lentils and whole grain pasta until 5k calories I'm 99,9% sure you'd be a lot healthier than he was at the end.

Look at the bottom of the article you dumb fuck. and realise there is 15 studies there. He does publish studies, but that doesnt mean he does studies in everything that is relative to sugar. He is collaborating with people that have a Ph.D nutritional science

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=alan aragon it isnt so fucking difficult to find. is it?

You eat 3,500-6,000 calories/day on SS and your internal organs don't start going to shit.
Like he said.

You know the RDA is only there to assure proper nutrient intake right? It's not about sugar being dangerous but people not getting their vitamins/minerals if they consume 600 calories of added sugars every day.

>most people are way above the daily recommended dosage

Then sugar isnt inherently bad like you first claimed.
Almost anything can cause a negative effect on the gut biome , if its overdone.

But that doesnt legitimize the video posted above.

Don't be jelly

that doesn't sound bad at all, why are you disconcerned? You hardly eat any sugar at all

one could also make an argument that they put it there because most simple sugars are high on the glycemic index. Kinda a moot point. One could also not consume any sugar at all since its just empty calories.

But consume too much of it and...whew. Then its not just empty calories, then its a whole host of bad issues and fast fat buildup. Srsly tho, most of the sugary foods industry should be burned down by angry, fat, raging mobs, and the employees (like you probably) should be strung up on lampposts for helping to destroy the health of a nation so well.

OP here, obviously I didn't mean that sugar is inherently bad in every aspect. Sugar tastes great and from a hedonistic perspective you should eat sugar because it's pleasant. I just thought the video showcased what a clusterfuck of a piece of nutrition sugar is, I hadn't realized just how bad it was. Based on Veeky Forums knawledge gathered over the years I reasoned "a calorie is a calorie", with some margain of error for the insulin shit that sugar causes

eating that amount and not exercising will. Which is what the video is about, and what supersize me is about. That guy stopped working out. any guy who stops his regulare exercise regime will decline in health.

Have a guy who exercises regulare, then make him stop exercising and double his intake with any food you think its healthy, and his organs and health is gonna go south. caloric overconsumption and lack of exercise are BIG contributors to weightgain and deteriorating health. Im not saying mcdonalds or a diet consisting of 80% processed sugar is good, or that they are just as good as "healthy foods" but its not as bad as you think it is.

overconsumption and lack of exercise are the biggest reasons the guy in supersize me got sick. The food source, alone, had just a tiny impact

I thought I was eating decent and keeping my sugar intake low - how the fuck am I still hitting close to 60 on most days?

Yeah true. The thing that annoys me with all of that is that they don't just tell the truth. Sugar is perfectly fine as long as you don't overeat and get your impotant shit. You could eat 800 calories of pure sugar every day and still be healthy (though it's still a bad idea).

I agree Supersize me is garbage. I think salt may have played a big role too. I don't think salt is as bad as people make it out to be but in his case he was eating such a fucktastic amount and that combined with poor hydration and no exercise ... yeah. It's the perfect storm of fucking your body up. If he'd worked out, chugged water and gotten large instead of supersize then he wouldn't have had shit to make his dumb movie about.

>If he'd worked out, chugged water and gotten large instead of supersize then he wouldn't have had shit to make his dumb movie about.
Yeah, its the problem with media today. It has to be sensational, or else it doesnt sell.
Anything sensational in research and fitness is usually bullshit.

well the point is that the glycemic index would have bad effects. The PH value would have bad effects too. If you do not exercise it will mostly go straight to your fat. And then is the strain on the liver still from the sugar?

Yea all in all it would not be a good thing. You could not even scientifically break it down to a lesser evil form to make such quantities a viable theory of being "okay".

Too much sugar, no matter what is going to fuck you up.

Potatoes have a really high GI too and a potato-only diet is actually sustainable. Honey has a rather low one and it's basically pure sugar nutrition wise. GI is an important aspect but not a deciding one.

>10 days worth of sugar from a single fruit
>scientists tell you to eat 5 a day
Hmmm who shall i believe?

The WHO limit for sugar is based exclusively on dental health and nothing else. And, according to the WHO itself, the limit is based on "very poor quality evidence".

The IOM for example sets a limit of 25% of calories from refined sugar, only to ensure nutritional adequacy. Most experts set no limit at all, because strict limits are not science-based.

Maybe stop watching fake news and watch something fact-based, like this BBC documentary, Sugar vs. Fat. This is actually a controlled, filmed experiment rather than one guy making up a bunch of bullshit to sell shit.

dailymotion.com/video/x1amh2t_bbc-horizon-sugar-v-fat-h264-1280x720-aac-rmac_lifestyle

Here's the spoiler: Compared to the identical twin in ketosis, the guy eating nothing but refined sugar and refined carbs lost more fat, lost less muscle, had superior mental and athletic performance, improved his glucose tolerance, insulin sensitivity, fasting insulin and cholesterol. The twin on the high-fat diet was prediabetic after 4 weeks.

Hint: The YouTube channel you're linking is the biggest compilation of broscience clickbait bullshit ever

And as for "That Sugar Book"/"That Sugar Film"
youtube.com/watch?v=m2RBWsPA_E4

>eat shitton of sugar like legit over 100g on most days
>have no issues cutting
>have no issues with cholesterol
>have no issues with triglycerides
>have no visceral fat
Do I have good genetics or does eating lots of veggies and bran offset the effects of sugar?

Yea I know, its multiple factors, but didnt think of "Dental health" being one of them.

But yea

>glycemic index
>ph value (look at the soda)
>dental problems
>fat storage and sedentary lifestyles
>daily macro's
>gut biome re-balancing (upcoming science) (pastebin.com/f54AG18Q)

perhaps even more. But Even if you try to account for these things, if you exercise, if you put PH goop before the sugar, if you brush more often, if you take supplements...the effects it has on the liver...well. Maybe. It would still be bad probably. I hate to say it but the HFCS thing from the regan era is still a thing. Sugar is just inherently pure evil. Its a satan walking around on this planet.

Juste ate more than 150g of sugar in one sitting , fruits are fucking great .

Simple carbs are the devil's minions.

Scientists don't tell you that, you fruitcake. Fruits are unnecessary

lol
Funny since I'm doing the same thing but my sugar comes from fruits. So far lost about 8lbs and dropped some fat. I kept my total caloric intake the same, just decreased the fat to about 40-50g a day and my protein to 90-100g a day. My carbs range from 400-450g.
I didn't bother watching the video, but where did his sugar intake come from?

Read up the Rice Diet.

No it's not. Just eat things with low GI sugars. You do realize that xylitol, stevia, and other low GI sweeteners exist right?
You will not gain 8.5kg or 7% body fat if you have a high sugar diet; you will gain those if you have a high table sugar or maltodextrin diet.
> mfw Veeky Forums will stop eating fruit because they believe they're sweetened with the same sugar as a chocolate bar

Durian rider pls go

>biased ketofag pretentious "science guy" makes anti sugar video

Woah, I hate carbs now.

Sell shit? Did you watch his review of the cell processing of sugar? Why don't you counter his arguments instead? I'm not a professor in biology but his reasoning did sound solid

also, I recently found his videos and generally find them enjoyable and informative. Can you provide evidence for your opinion on his channel?

If you just put the name of that lecture or his name into google you get a ton of results shitting on him. I once thought he was correct too (not that it mattered I already cut sugars anyway) but he has some major misconceptions about biochemistry.

didn't mean to quote you in previous post but he makes a point about eating whole foods with fiber (like your veggies) in order to slow the digestion that feeds your pancreas with the sugar. So yes, one could reason that your high veggie-diet offsets some negative effects

he made a specific point about fruits being different due to them containing fiber that retards the uptake of sugars

maybe watch the video next time

you didn't watch the video
he is making an argument about table sugar and added fructose to foods

will look into it

having a hard time finding anything about him since his channel name is "what i've learned" and if you couple that with "youtube" you get millions of results talking about what they've learned after starting a youtube account, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

>consume equal amount of calories
>but this time low fat diet
>fat has the highest digestion efficiency at >97% while carbs are only ~90%
>yet he gains bodyweight
kay I call bullshit. if anything he should have LOST bodyweight

his point is that there are other things going on after the fat/carb is digested

But that does not permit your body to magically violate the laws of physics. An other user already linked an article debunking this bullshit:

lol the article he linked was a clickbait bullshit blog post. link a peer reviewed published article, and then we can talk

>the guy in the youtube video said!

there are not just 1 but 19 for you

i appreciate the screenshot of sources, but if you actually read through the sources themselves, as in review the actual published piece, you'd see most of those were funded by industry trade organizations, rather than bring independent studies. you didn't think it was convenient that there were 19 sources that were in the clickbait author's favor?

>muuh funding
Not an argument.

lmfao. ok, kid. if that helps you sleep at night.

Enjoy needlessly constraining your life according to temporary alarmist fads.

>he ate the same amount of calories but gained weight!

If the guy on youtube said it, it must be true. Let's throw away everything we know. And clearly, this means that some poeple are simply meant to be fat and they take more calories from their food than you do.

Not fitness related

>some dudes blog
> see you're totally wrong guys cal in cal out

Is there any actual examples of anyone who is fat due to fruit as their only source of sugar?

Like someone who eats lean meats and veg for all meals, no junk food at all, no bread, no starchy carbs either.

Just fruit as the sugar source.

Would it be possible to be fat eating this way?

you die of pancreatic cancer first

This is one of my problems with Veeky Forums, you all cling to broscience and then scream broscience when something isn't to your liking. Anyone with a highschool/university level intro to biology could pick up a textbook and follow along with his demonstration, or do some research for yourself! While I agree that it is good to be skeptical of things we see on the internet, this knee jerk reaction from Veeky Forums is getting pretty tiring.

If you believe freelee the banana girl only ate bananas, lost weight and lived. Then her I guess

Look at the other post. And look at the studies at the bottom of the blog. Thats Alan Aragon. He does research and is highly recognised within fitness and nutrition. He works with Brad Schoenfeld and Layne Norton.

>be exercise science user
>literally one of the only people who comes here who knows what he's talking about
>constantly get told that I am preaching "broscience"

I use sugar for a massive insulin spike strategically

fruits are completely unnecessary. You can take a multivitamin and get way more nutrients from that than fruit. Veggies are the ones you absolutely need.

continue

How do i save my mom from sugar?
she drinks like 3 cups of tea each day that have a couple tablespoons of sugar ever since i was a kid and she's fat. How do i convince her to kick the habit?

I fast for 2-3 days a week then go low-carb high fat for a day or two then carb load.

When I carb load I use sugar as much as possible for the insulin spikes to replenish glycogen.

Body builders use insulin injections to grow muscle even though it is dangerous. But it is the same concept.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_ketogenic_diet

>If you want scientific information, You get it from an academic journal.

HAHAHAHAAH

t. scientist

>Man eats 2500 calories of various foods a day including Brazil nuts
>Man eats 2500 calories of Brazil nuts and only Brazil nuts
>Man gets selenium poisoning
>Holy shit Brazil nuts are evil, spread the word

My mum never has sugar in her tea whereas I have 4(heck I just pour it in) teaspoons in mine and I was underweight up until 17 when I started working out

Honestly she's probably too far gone. Get her to use some artificial sweetener. At this point they're both poison but aspartame might kill her slower

Unless you weigh 70 lbs that is not enough protein

>Thinks alanaragonblog is a legitimate source of information

Layne Norton is the biggest paid shill in the industry that just spouts muh PhD

Good goy... Buy our whey supplements... Goooood goy... You need 250g of protein per day.. good goy... You will make so many "gains"

Any reputable exercise nutritionist will recommend a minimum of 1.2 g/lb bodyweigh of protein on a reduced calorie diet and more like 1.5 g/lb if you have any significant muscle that you want to maintain. That's retardedly easy to get through food alone without having to resort to any protein powders.

>implying bread isn't laden with sugar

I basically cut refined sugars out of my diet 1 year ago

I'll still have a cookie or soda every month or so. And I still probably consume

>fruits are completely unnecessary. You can take a multivitamin and get way more nutrients from that than fruit.

That's not how nutrition works

> Veggies are the ones you absolutely need.

Veggies are good for the same reasons fruits are good

aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html

This board could be good, now it's just shitposting and anecdotes

>Kids eating sugar
Studies have proven that that's a myth. Kids are just naturally energetic and parents blame it on the sugar.

Can you give a practical example of 1.2 g/lb bodyweight?

What would a typical day of food look like for someone at 170 lbs for example. Is it like maybe three eggs for breakfast, one chicken filet for dinner and 2 servings of oats and you have enough protein intake?

Ive seriously diminished my gut with intermittent fasting and cutting

tYour supposed to do that measurement with your lean body mass not your weight

A beer belly is not visceral fat

>g/lb
>lb

>The basic recommendation for protein intake is 0.8 grams per kilogram (or around 0.36 g per pound) of body mass in untrained, generally healthy adults. For instance, a 150 lb (68 kg) person would consume around 54 grams a day.
>However, this amount is only to prevent protein deficiency. It’s not necessarily optimal, particularly for people such as athletes who train regularly and hard.
>For people doing high intensity training, protein needs might go up to about 1.4-2.0 g/kg (or around 0.64-0.9 g/lb) of body mass.2 Our hypothetical 150 lb (68 kg) person would thus need about 95-135 g of protein per day.
>These suggested protein intakes are what’s necessary for basic protein synthesis (in other words, the creation of new proteins from individual building blocks). The most we need to consume throughout the day for protein synthesis probably isn’t more than 1.4 – 2.0 g/kg.

precisionnutrition.com/all-about-protein

>Have you ever seen a kid who ate something sugary? They became somekind of ADHD ridden freaks who bounce around EVERYWHERE.