I dropped a 25 pound weight on my toe yesterday. My town has gotten more swollen and bruised...

I dropped a 25 pound weight on my toe yesterday. My town has gotten more swollen and bruised, but it does not hurt as much. I can move it at the base, but I can barely move it at the second joint. I have been icing it and taking anti-inflammatories.

Should I go see a doctor? It hurts to walk on. I've been thinking that if the swelling doesn't go down in the next few days, then I will go to a doctor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igOxULR9exY
footvitals.com/toes/severed-toe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=igOxULR9exY

it's broke, there's nothing a dr can do for it though. I dropped an iba plate on my toe and broke it in basic training. all they're going to do for you is tell you to ice it, use nsaids, and rest it.

footvitals.com/toes/severed-toe.html
educate yourself idiot

>my town has gotten more swollen and bruised
pics or it didn't happen

That's toe cancer, OP. It's going to spread to your ass next then you'll die

Bump

Looks like its broken to me aswell. go get a scan and talk to a doc.

I will watch this soon. Thank you.

My toe isn't severed you cuck

happened to me. i could walk so i thought it was nothing srs, got checkd and had a fractured metatarsal. you should go see that.

Friend's grandmother dropped a nearly empty jar of pickles on her foot. She was an active 5K to half marathon runner prior to the injury

They had to amputate 3 toes, then take the foot after she picked up an infection at home

Once a turbomanlet fried of mibe dropped an 80lber on my foot and i was fine OP. Its time to man up, son.

Make sure you clean the bloody paperclip with anti-septic wipes or some shit, in fact just go and see a doctor

> 3 toes

scan for what?

"oh shit your shits broken, you should use it and use nsaids to redeuce the swelling so it heals more quick. you should start to feel better after 2-3 weeks and be fully healed in 8. however if it doesn't heal correctly, we can xray it again and see if we need to do corrective surgery."

this is the second or third thread from this kid, he needs to fuck off. he just wants attention

Ok I'll tell my toe to stop being such a pussy

No, I just want to know what to do about my toe

Amputate it. The big toe is vestigial anyways and unnecessary for humans to have.

Thats because the distance is lower so you wouldnt feel anything

UPDATE: I decided to go to the hospital

Good! You'll be back lifting in no time, bro!

woah he actually did it
good job, you're setting a good example for everyone

>actually going to the doctor
I think you're the first person in Veeky Forums's history that actually listened.

nj user
checkum

>going to the doctor for a fractured toe

What a pussy

lmao i dropped a 10 lb plate on my toe and it fell directly on the nail breaking it in half into my nail bed. had to get that shit removed, my toenail is still weird

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Planning to go tomorrow. I'm doing a full body, so worst case scenario, I won't be able to squat and deadlift. I'm hoping I'll still be able to OHP. If I can't do any workouts while standing, I'll just do dumbbell press, bench press and pull ups.

Yeah I decided that this place probably is not the best for medical advise.

Same thing happened to me last week. Same weight. You'll be fine, looks like it hit most of the toe and not the nail. You don't want to lose your toenail.

I'm worried that I might have broke the bone. I don't want to have to deal with a broken toe

If I cannot squat or deadlift, will cycling on a stationary bike be adequate for keeping my legs from atrophying?

How are you guys dropping plates on your foot?

t. Been lifting for nearly 6 years and I've never come close to anything like that happening.

You probably have a fracture.

Go to a doctor if you don't want a permanently curved toe.

Happened to me, was unracking after rows and put the bar on a bench because I was tired, pulled a plate off one side and the other swung down like a hammer on my toe. Go see a doctor, my toe bone had exploded.

I got really high in Tuesday and I felt stupid and dazed yesterday. It happened towards the end of my workout, after a few sets of deadlifts. I put the bar back on the safeties. I usually only have a 45 on the bar, but this time I had a 45 and a 25. I quickly pulled off the 45, forgetting about the 25 in front of it. The 25 fell off the bar and landed straight on my toe.

If you believe it is dislocated pull it outwards sharply. If you believe it is brokena nd domt want a doctor, splint it and keep weighr of it. Buy crutches if necessary. If you think the joints are inflamed learn how to get a release in your toe (chiropractic technique) and that will help. Also, try to keep it above your heart ( elevation) to let some of the blood drain away and that will naturally reduce some swelling.
Best of luck op

>My town has gotten more swollen and bruised, but it does not hurt as much.
London?
o
n
d
o
n
?

get it looked at man. you don't want that shit turning gangrene, or worse into a fatal blood infection (i.e. septic shock)

That's deep

I broke my pinky toe by stubbing it. I didn't go to the doctor because I'm not a pussy bitch and it healed crookedly. meh.

Probaby broke it trust me I'm a podiatrist. Bruising is a telltale sign of something being broken

Medfag here.

This user is totally right.

kek

UPDATE: I have a minor fracture in my toe. I have to wear this dank ass sandal and use these crutches for a few weeks. I won't be able to do any squats or deadlifts though. Any good exercises that I can to maintain my strength?

Nothing. This is career ending

work on your grip strength kek

this

my dad lost his toe like this then his whole left foot

They basically just gave you a dip device.

Machines?
Should be able to work every muscle above knees.

>not amputating everything below your waist
fuckin' puss

Id say cut it off but just go to doc lmao