I did my first deadlift today, how was it?

I did my first deadlift today, how was it?

Before you save it in your cringe folder, tell me what I did wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VssH4zltsuM
github.com/Cephel/Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

try to do it with your hips lower. As it stands your hips are actually higher than your shoulders, which is very bad.

If this is not feasible, then you might legitimately just have really short arms and really long back/legs, in which case converting to rack pulls and/or sumo is your best and safest bet, regardless of what memelords say.

Please give me your:

> height
> arm length
> torso (hip to shoulder) length
> femur (hip to knee) length
> knee-to-heel length

I will plug them into a neat mechanical simulator I found online that optimizes the angles and figures out roughly what your best form should look like, and report back.

Rounded your back

Why would you do that much weight on your first time? Use just the bar until you figure out the basic movement. Form was bad, chest wasnt out, scapula wasnt retracted, bar didnt stick to your legs but rather was too far forward

Your mom has good taste in motivational art.

Whats her number?

Stop doing stifflegged diddlys.

Why the fuck are you deadlifting in your bedroom

there is no way his body type prevents him from getting into the right position.
OP just start with ur hips lower, I recommend watching rippetoe's deadlift video.
Also push with legs and use your ass to lock it out, dont lift with your back, just keep your back straight while doing this and dont forget to brace your core.

What software did you use for editing that face in and making the webm?

I wake up and deadlift right away. Wakes me up.

Link to the simulator?

Keep your back straight and start lower as the other anons have said. Perfect your form. We're all gonna make it. And I hope your bedroom is not upstairs while you are Deadlifting. Bad idea

First part until you get to your knees is like a squat then once you're there hump forward. These are the cues I use when lifting maybe it'll help you. Btw your lift sucked

It is absolutely possible that proportions prohibit somebody from being able to squat or deadlift properly.

It's funny how spergs on this site screech "LOL PHYSICS ARE REAL!" when it comes to CICO, but suddenly that's not true when it comes to lifting form. I guess that's because it requires trigonometry and physics to figure out leverages but only addition/subtraction to figure out calories.

Squats yes, deadlift no. Even with squats you can usually do highbar or lowbar based on what works for you.

You see the weirdest shit on Veeky Forums.

Who the fuck deadlifts in their bedroom

Thank you so much. Will work on these. Should I make another thread in the future or post it in a general.

Premiere pro, took like 5 mins.

Is that abnormal or something?

watch a starting strength deadlift set-up video

I watched rippetoe's tutorials.

underrated

>Is that abnormal or something?
Yes. Most normal people don't want to damage their flooring. Also your sweat will make it slippery leading to more accidents. There's a reason why gyms are done over concrete or rubber mats.

This, OP. If you insist on lifting weights in your room at the very least buy a big thick rubber mat. You'll piss off your mom if she starts seeing holes, chips, and scuff marks in the room she's letting you live in

For what reason could a person not have an extremely short set of arms and extremely long legs/torso to where they could not safely deadlift conventional?

Some people have the praised "monkey build" for deadlifting, long arms and short everything else, why could the reverse not be true?

i do

1. get in position, shins about 1 inch from the bar
2. keep legs perfectly straight, hips up and drop hands down onto the bar
3. bend knees until shins touch bar, puff chest up, pull slack out of the bar
4. take a deep breath, hold it in and lift

Since we're critiquing form, can y'all tell me about mine too?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VssH4zltsuM

>this video is private

At least put it unlisted baby

Yeah you're abnormal OP

Never gonna make it

jk just go to a real gym you bitch

I did this, but I was assuming that the hips must be aligned with the shoulders for a parallel back. Thanks user.

>falling for the gym jew

>jk just go to a real gym you bitch
This. You don't even come close to the amount of out-of-shape I normally see at the gym. Why so self conscious

not op but why would you pay for a gym when you can just buy the weights for $100-200 on craigslist and lift at home

I deadlifted in my bedroom for years and was just fine. Just don't drop the weights

Holy shit that body. I would avoid the public gym if I were you as well.

Please link me to anywhere I can buy a power cage, bench, free weights, and some dumbells for less than 200$

OP here, can't believe it took this long for this type of post

spoopy

Like practically all deadlift noobs you are badly stretched thus your lower back isn't straight.

Begin doing Romanian Deadlifts until you are stretched enough.

>filename

Hope you get banned m8

follow y

Go look up 5-step deadlift on Alan Thrall's YouTube channel. It'll show you how to PROPERLY deadlift. No amount of comments will do anything. Better to see it in action.

Also. Your lift was awful.

Thanks fammy

Oh shit what's that lmao

It should be unlisted now I think

how did you export the file? every time I make a webm, Veeky Forums doesn't accept it, and they're also a bit too large

>As it stands your hips are actually higher than your shoulders, which is very bad.

Hold up so I see alan thrall do this. Do I just make sure that my hips aren't higher than my shoulders?

Well TLDR, the forces inside your spine are much higher if you do it that way. It's your back

Export as mp4 and use ffmpeg or this:
github.com/Cephel/Veeky Forums-webm-maker

If you're stuck just post here and I'll help.

butt wink into hyperextension is always bad. work your hip and ham flexibility, and your ham+glute strength.
i'd suggest starting with stiff legs and lunges, step ups, or barbell hip thrusts as well as working your core 4-6x a week. for abs, imo ab wheels and hanging leg raises are the best. planks are good, especially if even easy ab wheel variants are hard to do without bending your low back, but static contractions imo don't carry over as well as moves that mimic deads/squats by having ab loading with a hip hinge.

I don't get it

Hips should be lower. You're not using any leg drive whatsoever, what you're doing is basically a stiff-legged deadlift. A good tip for the perfect deadlift starting position is to run your hands down your legs by ONLY slowly shooting your hips back, NOT bending your knees. Once your hands go low enough to reach your knees, keep the same back position but bend your knees low enough to grab the bar. This forces you to use leg drive to get the bar up instead of putting 100% of that on your lower back.

Thank you!

Alan Thrall also is using leg drive in that position, you're not. You need to use leg drive to get the bar up.

what is leg drive?

ehhhh

weak sumo fucboi

i dont think that is a 45 lb plate, so the bar itself is prob lower then normal as well.

Nice wall art. I'm guessing you were staring directly at some shit that says "Live, Laugh, Love" while you did this. Your mom is a basic bitch.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SNAP FUCKING CITY IF YOU KEEP DOING THAT

its not the worst shit I've ever seen since your lumbar is pretty straight but fuck, I'm at 6'1 and my ass gets lower than your elbow

This hurt to watch, but follow fellow anons advice in this thread and you'll be fine, they've said everything you need.

Don't get meme'd though.

My lower back has been hurting since that day admittedly. I'll work on it.