What's /fits/ opinion on these?

what's /fits/ opinion on these?

I like them better than normal DLs
but I can easily do 50 more pounds on that bar than a normal one, so I consider it bogus to say the weight I do on it as my actual DL weight. same goes for using straps. it's basically cheating as it allows you to do a lot more weight with no extra effort.
>ego lifting kids tell me they can DL 400lbs
>on hex bar with straps
lmao k.

>its a tarp
Come on OP.

Not using the trap bar for farmer's walks.

Never seen one irl but I've only used a few different gyms. Are these common?

they're pretty good for farmers walks

this

>tfw can't fit in them

is chalk cheating?
is more weight not more effort?

>is chalk cheating?
eh, depends. sweaty hands? not cheating. using it for extra grip? close to cheating
>is more weight not more effort?
not when the hex bar and straps basically make doing heavy weight easier. I DL conventional at 435. when I use a hex bar and straps, I shoot way up to 505. if that isn't basically cheating, I dunno what is. it's all ego lifter shit, a means to be able to say the number of pounds you moved is bigger

Honestly I don't know much about them

Different mechanically than a normal DL and uncomfortable for me so I don't care about them

You do realize that the reason for using chalk with sweaty hands is to improve grip, right?

I see where you're coming from in that it's a different lift so it's not a 1:1 comparison, but i wouldn't say it's cheating for the same reason. It's a different lift

lame bitch shit for midgets with weak, doughy backs and the hip drive off a soggy turd.

I don't use it but I've seen well respected trainers say they like them for sprint training due to torso angle being close to that of a sprinter

You know for something to be cheating rules must exist. You can do whatever the fuck you want in the gym except put people in danger or break shit

Ah, the famed manlet chariot.

Only for turbomanlets. Us either only when nobody is in the gym with you.

Trap bar deads take the back out of it to some degree and also make the weight easier to hold because your hands are in a more natural position. It's not making the conventional easier, it's just not the conventional. More like a hack squat. So you can and should list your weights for them separately.

gay af

personally prefer bb deads, doesn't really matter anyway. nobody but your gay gym bro's cares about your stats anyway

good substitute for those of us with relatively short arms and a history of lower back injuries. I'm done with ego lifts and back pain at this point in my life.

More of a squat movement than a hinge, ie dead's. I use one for sprint training, load up about half my diddly and do sets of jumps. You'll feel it more in the glutes than your back, and if you're not taking the tension before the jump, your traps

used to be my favorite lift by far but i wound up developing chronic pain in my wrist and hips from using it. really strange. it's insanley effective otherwise and i'd recommend it over almost anything else to anyone outside of competitive lifters.