Does smoking marijuana affect your gains?

Does smoking marijuana affect your gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6296360/
jpet.aspetjournals.org.sci-hub.io/content/224/2/404.long
drugandalcoholdependence.com/article/S0376-8716(14)01018-7/fulltext
cyber.sci-hub.io/MTAuMTAxNi9qLmRydWdhbGNkZXAuMjAxNC4wNy4wMjk=/wakley2014.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

iirc the average male who smokes marijuana had a more "feminine face" according to some article I read

then again correlation doesnt imply causation, and as far as I know marijuana doesn't increase estrogen etc, so it should be ok in small amounts as long as you're not binge eating and sleeping through your day

everyone knows if you smoke 1 marijuana you can kiss all you are gains goodby, for ever

post saged, hidden, reported, called the cops, called the secretary of state, and my mother to tell her i love her

> feminine face

If you are a chad in the pic, smoking marijuana wont affect your aesthetics at all.

but if you are not a chad, then marijuana will fuck u up

Those are cigs, tobacco is anti-estrogenic. Weed is estrogenic. Chad never smoked weed in his life thanks to his solid moral foundations given by his perfect family.

He's not even smoking weed. Those are black and mild

all weedheads are brainlets with peanut brains.

Would smoking weed to help bulk be a good idea?

It has an estrogenic effect on the body, so yes, definitely.

Marijuana increases estrogen levels:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6296360/

Unlocked version so you can read the study yourself:
jpet.aspetjournals.org.sci-hub.io/content/224/2/404.long

In addition, the effect of marijuana is heightened in those with greater levels of estrogen, suggesting a synergistic effect:

The effects of marijuana are heightened for those with more estrogen:
drugandalcoholdependence.com/article/S0376-8716(14)01018-7/fulltext

Unlocked version:
cyber.sci-hub.io/MTAuMTAxNi9qLmRydWdhbGNkZXAuMjAxNC4wNy4wMjk=/wakley2014.pdf

>what are blunts

Literally the only benefit you can see from weed is an increased appetite while bulking. Other than that it is shit for your health and gains.

Don't get me wrong, you can do it if you want, but recognize it's not doing you any favors.

>Marijuana increases estrogen levels:
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6296360/

>Cannabis extract in large doses exhibited neither estrogenic nor antiestrogenic effects. Thus, although estrogen receptor binding activity was observed in crude marijuana extract, marijuana smoke condensate and several known components of cannabis, direct estrogenic activity of cannabis extract could not be demonstrated in vivo.

Yeah. Cause you put wood tips on blunts. Fucking mong

Can you please not bully the mentally disabled? It isn't nice pham.

>Does smoking marijuana affect your gains?

I hope (and assume) it doesnt since i just posted in the alcoholism thread and i smoke/vape the herb almost daily. I wonder if i could be looking at 50% more gains if i quit both.

On the other hand i know a few swole as fuck dudes that smoke up a lot too and they don't find it hinders their progress as long as they don't lift high.

So sick of all this nitpicking about every little thing and 'will it effect muh gains!?'

No. It doesn't matter. None of it makes any fucking real difference to you. Smoking, drinking, this food or that food, hot showers, cold showers, fapping not fapping... If they affect your progress it's in such a small amount that it doesn't matter.

All that matters is lifting regularly with volume, eating enough and getting enough rest. That's it. Everything else pales in significance.

As if by not smoking your lifts are just gonna explode in strength. Like it's some one thing that is holding you back.

It afftected my gains in the way that I could eat 20-30% more food because of getting high, so it helped my gains.

I only smoked it after work and after training though, specifically to eat as much as possible.
it DOES fuck up your sleep, without a doubt, inb4 retards go
>durr I get so sleepy when high
you do, but it fucks with your REM sleep which is what matters most for mental energy.

smoking causes less oxygen absorbed by your lungs. yes and even smoking marijuana. most people smoke 1-2 joints per day thats enough to fuck with your lungs

and less oxygen means less oxygen for muscle growth = slower gains

It helps me relax in the weekends and get a good sleep. Really helps me recharge.

Stress and bad sleep is more detrimental for my gains than smoking weed once a week on a saturday

In the 70s there was a trope, the "Pot Jock." The idea was that smoking post work out caused mild muscle relaxation which sped recovery which led to faster gains.

You got your repugnant facial genetics from your weak chinned father not varying estrogen levels in food/drugs/the environment. Also there are other hormones besides testosterone and estrogen you 10th grade biology dropouts.

Slower gains = less energy used to build muscles = more energy for lifts = better performance in the gym