"And you hear this a lot from bodybuilders who are like, 'Well, I need chicken or I need fish to be strong...

>"And you hear this a lot from bodybuilders who are like, 'Well, I need chicken or I need fish to be strong, to build muscle tissue.' That is UTTER NONSENSE. The largest, strongest terrestrial animals on the planet are all herbivores.
>"The biggest, strongest animals are all herbivores.
>"When we bring in people and they're on meaty diets and we transition them to a plant-based diet, we always track what they're eating. Their vitamin intake goes up.Their nutrition overall goes up, dramatically better.

Hmmm, really gets the ol' neurons all fired up, doesn't it Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

africageographic.com/blog/elephant-survives-attack-by-14-lions/
atvb.ahajournals.org/content/11/2/307.short
pastebin.com/aehtUJjF
youtu.be/1WEuDFjDdU4
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlm/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/?st=j403pmhn&sh=b3278c44
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2014/03/05/dietary-protein-health-and-mortality-experts-respond/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go away lisa simpson

>biggest strongest animals are all herbivores

Notice that they're all rarely the top of the food chain. How strong is an animal that is preyed on?

>animal comparisons
Cows can be big and strong as fuck and they only eat grass! So humans really just need to do nothing but walk around eating grass all day.

Well, if you can digest cellulose then maybe you'll get big as a rhino.

>People who consumed the most animal protein

You know who consumes a lot of animal protein? People who constantly buy fast food and generally don't give a shit about their diet.

Stop with this correlation = causation bullshit.

Yes, actually grass satisfies protein needs. Eat legumes and veggies as well and you're set. Humans are not omnivores, we have none of the physiological adaptations that true omnivores do. We have the digestive systems and guts of herbivores.

Listen, I know the truth is hard to digest.

Last I checked I'm a human bean not a fucking bison or elephant.

Also those herbivores get eaten by the carnivores so...

>we have none of the physiological adaptations that true omnivores do
>We have the digestive systems and guts of herbivores.
Except the ability to digest meat proves you wrong.

They aren't (regularly) preyed upon because they're too powerful and dangerous

Nothing fucks with a healthy african bull Elephant. The elephant doesn't fuck with anything else unless they feel it poses a threat to its herd.

>Listen, I know the truth is hard to digest.
That's why I stick to digesting meat.

>ability to digest meat
I mean, if meat is leading diabetes, cardiac diseases, autoimmune diseases... then can you really say we were meant to digest it or that our body is properly equipped to do so?

Whoa whoa whoa turbo, cows don't need to eat your shitty legumes and veggies. Stop trying to increase net suffering. Grass is sufficient for cows so it's sufficient for us.

Except niggers and poachers. Both of which eat meat.

We can't break down cellulose, we don't produce the enzyme cellulase. We are not herbivores you fucking dingus.

individuals who consume the most animal protein probably consume the most food in general

no shit they get more diabetes

No animal produces cellulase, only bacteria do. Humans have cellulose-digesting bacteria in their gut. That's one of the reasons why fiber is healthy.

Why do autists always say "animal protein"? As if animals can actually produce protein, lol, are you guys legitimately downs?

I'll take Myostatin Deficiencies for 200, Alex.

>average westerner lives to 78+, longer life span than ever thanks to modern medicine and less rigorous lifestyles
>diet has for most of recent history included meat
>average meat eater only develops diabetes, cardiac disease etc late in life
>body cant metabolize meat-based food with exactly 0% consequences

really forced me to reconsider that we're omnivores

>rare genetic condition
lol

because the OP image says "animal protein" and i was using its context to form an argument

I eat all types of food, regardless of race
>#VegansWillNotDivideUs

Lions eat elephants you dumb fuck

>another vegan food/entertainment shill thread

Not being able to derive meaning from context is actually a sign of autism my friend.

The only chance a pack of lions have to take down an elephant is if they're able to find an old/sick one on its own, and in that case they still risk serious injury or death. An elephant can fuck a rhino up and lions can hardly deal with a rhino.

Can somebody draw this post like this one?

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because every fat tub of lard is devouring triple patty burgers and keeling over doesn't mean people who eat a nutritionally balanced diet will also suffer the same fate.

These were studies done with people who ate even minimal meat, like even organic chickens and farm-raised fish.

This includes general population fatties, not a reliable stat for anyone who eats well.

I don't even care about whatever fallacious argument OP is making, it's just a fact that elephants are way stronger and tougher than lions. They're fucking huge and dangerous.

Even a baby elephant has a good chance of surving a lion attack

africageographic.com/blog/elephant-survives-attack-by-14-lions/

Meat in moderation leads to the same results....

This, more investigation needs to be done into the study. There's a difference between the guy that eats grilled chicken on kale for lunch every day and the guy who downs a large #5 combo from Burger King everyday.

>Even a baby elephant has a good chance of surving a lion attack

no, this bitch is toast

Stop derailing my thread, faggots. No one gives a flying fuck about baby elephants. What do you have, a lion fetish or something?

seeya nerd

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>a few weeks later

AND DON'T COME BACK

WHO WINS?

Yeah it's almost like the average person doesn't eat a balanced diet. People who base their diet only on meat or only on vegetables are equally retarded , you should be eating a balanced diet, not 10 pounds of kale or 10 pounds of beef a day , now get the fuck off my board.

Elephants are so intelligent, I love them.

A balanced diet is built around plant foods primarily and may or may not include small amounts of meat. Most should be able to agree with that.

The audience.

I would agree with that

Dubs don't lie

I'm not making up excuses, I eat meat because it taste good and convenient source of protein.

>terrestrial
Because oceanic mammals (which are larger/stronger) don't fit this stupid narrative

I think poutine wins for showing up in this shit thread

>only bacteria do
I'm sad because you believe this and you probably think you know a good amount about the topic

If I remember right the termite is the only animal that can produce cellulase and, itself, break down cellulose, although even that might not be true. Herbivores rely on bacteria for a lot of their digestion.

you fucking dipshit. we dont eat meat because its the only thing that contains protein. but because our metabolism csn handel it better than plant protein. cooked meat is the best source of energy and protein we have.

If animals can't produce protein wht do they have DNA
>inb4 you don't actually know what DNA is for
Public school right?

bro you want to know what is hard to digest? grass and legumes. we as humans cant absorb nutrients as good from gras as from cooned meat.

its the truth do some research

I don't give a fuck about termites
They eat wood, which is composed primarily of lignin, cellulose and hemicellulose. Fuck if I know which of the three they digest
I was talking about fungi, and to a lesser extent prorozoans but people don't even know what those are

Grizzly. What can that stupid monkey do against my huge body? Punch? Just fucking LOL. Meanwhile the bear can just straight up bite the gorillas head right off. GG its over for you gorilla.

>What can that stupid monkey do against my huge body?

fuck off smokey

Fair enough, I didn't even think to include those

>makes nonsenical statement about DNA and its relation to protein production
>makes nonsensical statement implying public schools are any worse in terms of education than private institutions
Jesus Christ, are you a mental invalid?
Jesus, are you retarded?

So you do realize the stupidity of the comment I was replying to or?
Also I hope you're not from the US, because if so I'm sure your public institutions are very nice

I don't have four stomachs and I don't have to regurgitate my food in order to digest it

sick of meat eaters going ON and ON and fucking ON about how their diet has the most benefits and least detriments
fucking grates

>22% more likley to get diabetes

yes, because individuals who eat the MOST animal protein are smashing down the KFC, pizzas, and even things like icecream (gelatin comes from pigs etc).

this statistic is fucking retarded haha

they will get theirs.

>farm-raised fish
that shit is literally poison

Hey. Actual doctor here.

I don't have nearly enough time to debunk the science they're >implying, but I will point out one important thing that this article avoids: The reason that "individuals who consumed the most animal protein were 22% more likely to develop type 2 diabetes" is because fat people are the ones who eat the most food period, "animal protein" or otherwise. It even explicitly says "compared with those who ate the least"! They're admitting it's because of overeating and then trying to claim it has something to do with "animal protein" in the same breath! They don't even try to hide the lies.

>organic chickens

as opposed to "inorganic chickens"?

>2k17
>not eating plastic chicken
it's like you don't even want to make it

>make a pastebin to btfo veggiefags
>start to do more rounding up of the edges
>find a research journal to the heart assosiation of america
>realize that I nearly literally and unintentionally have been on par with their advice 100%

imagine my shock

also

LOL

atvb.ahajournals.org/content/11/2/307.short

pastebin.com/aehtUJjF

Do these retards realize herbivores have completely different digestive tracts?

>eat the most
>the most
>most
>more than anyone

News flash: fatties unhealthy, more at 6

>elephants are strict herbiv-

youtu.be/1WEuDFjDdU4

Gorillas have been to space you dumb bitch motherfucker. They will be a recognized sentient species by the year 2030 and they will fuck humans up good

Oh no it's the vegan again! Kill it with fire!

Herbivores can digest plant protein efficiently. Humans cannot. We are not fucking cows. Even if plant protein wasn't so poorly bio-available, it still lacks essential vitamins like retinoids and B12, and crucially it lacks arachidonic acid. You aren't putting on much muscle as a vegan without steroids. Even that idiot durianrider is a tiny frail twink on steroids.

>Cows have a rumen which help them digest. The rumen has bacteria and microbes which help them in the nutrient extraction process when eating grass. They are known as ruminants. Well, cows have a very different digestive system to humans which can make them digest easier.

there. Now fuck off. We were not made to survive on fucking grass only.

Wasn't coconut oil supposed to be healthy?

>those who eat the most are more likely to gain a disease gained from eating too much than those who ate less
Is there a term for bait-tier statistics?

mushrooms are literally made of pre-digested cellulose

mushrooms are also the best gains food

coincidence?

mostly agree, except for one tiny irrelevant detail

>what are incisors for?

low cholest = high test

Remember, those who eat meat are more likely to die from diseases.

This is objective truth, because vegans generally die from various disorders from malnutrition or from doing stupid shit due to brain disorders caused by malnutrition without diseases even having to get involved.

>mushrooms are also the best gains food
What the fuck are you talking about? Chicken has over 20 grams of protein per 100g.

Mushrooms have TWO grams of protein per 100g.

Post your body, retard.

>dude, milk causes cancer
>dude, you are responsible for pollution caused by cheap meat production even though you buy quality products
>dude, same calories, same proteins
>dude,you can literally cure everything by going vegan
>dude, drinking milk is raycisss
>dude all the countries with low HDI have high prevalency of lactose intolerance
>dude, this roider went vegan and was amazing at it
>dude, these weak and frail old men and doctors are perfect examples of a healthy vegan body

Although i do agree with the horrible state of sanitation in US meat production. If you buy shitty meat, you get what you pay for.

>grizzely bears don't eat meat

Literally is the strongest animal in the world.

Oh i forgot:
>dude, we are not omnivores, we are only capable of digesting meat by pure coincidence
>dude, all the strongest animals on the planet are vegans, so sit down and eat half your bodyweight in bushes and grass and move extremely little like they do every day

Do you understand how amino acids work. Its been a while so I might have the numbers wrong but everything else is right. There are 21 amino acids. In combination they can form a protien. Humans are able to produce like 10 on our own. That means the other 11 have to be obtained through diet.
>we can just eat grass all day
We literally can't. Grass does not contain all the amino acids that humans require. This is why on vegan diets people have to get a wide variety of protiens because plant based protiens usually miss at least one of our essential amino acids.
>compairing us to herbavours
This is just stupid. Different species can pull nutrients differently from their food. You know how we are able to creat 10 amino acids on our own and have to eat the other 11. Well gorillas will have far feiwer essential amino acids. Theyd only need maybe 2 that they cannot themself create. A cat would be able to produce hardly any on their own.

It doesnt matter what each animal can do with their diet. It is their diet. Its like feeding a lactose intolerant person milk. It doesnt work

Stronger that the blue what's tail fin?

Stronger than an elephant pulling a tree?

Stronger than the smell of your mom?

this is what I call "the vegan fallacy". Comparing a diet where the person 1) pays constant attention to what they're eating, and that 2) contains large amounts of fresh, whole foods to the average American diet, which consists of neither, and then claiming a vegan diet is superior

Termites have bacteria that breaks it down for them. Cant do it themselves

mushrooms are also ~90% water, mr shitlord

so 2g / 10g dry means 20% of the solid constituents are high-quality amino acid chains

of course, mushrooms are neither grown in stinking cages of shit, nor fed antibiotics, nor washed with chlorine, bleach, peroxide, arsenic, etc., nor contain any cholesterol, nor basically any fat, and in addition, several extremely powerful polysaccharides (complex carbs) have been named after the mushrooms they were isolated from (grifolan comes from hen-of-the-woods, grifola frondosa)

not a bad deal considering if you want more protein for whatever reason, you simply eat more mushrooms. meat tends to have an acceptable serving limit because the protein benefit vs. fat and cholesterol vs. carbs is self-defeating past a small portion

>Hmmm, really gets the ol' neurons all fired up, doesn't it Veeky Forums?
Not really
Yes, because it's not leading to any of those things and you're full of shit
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlm/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/?st=j403pmhn&sh=b3278c44
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2014/03/05/dietary-protein-health-and-mortality-experts-respond/
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>https:/press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>(cont.)

>This again

>Whales are herbivores
Hmmmmmmmmm

>human evolution is LITERALLY spurred by the advent of cooking AND consumption of meat
>apparently it didn't

>blue what's tail fin
Are you disabled user?
>elephant
Yes. They are stronger

No they fucking don't....

>all these blogposts
lol