>2017
>he's still poisoning himself with mercury fillings

aka negative gains implants

>Having shit teeth.

If you've got a lifestyle resulting in cavities that require lots of silver amalgam fillings, you were never gonna make it anyway.

t. Dentist

literally 90% of people have them, also whats the alternative
> DUDE LMAO WALK AROUND WITH CAVITIES AND DRINK WATER ONLY LMAO

Shit's mostly genetic.

t. Super Dentist

yawn, proven wrong every time you post this thread

Hey dentist im in my late 20's, is it weird for me to get braces? I hate my crooked teeth

There's are plenty of composite options that are more neutral and stable, they also can be made to look like your tooth enamel. They're just on the newer side and getting your silvers taken out and replaced is expensive.

Genetic to a degree, but brushing+flossing+mouthwash is the great equalizer. No matter how bad your genes are, if you take care of your chompers, they'll pay it forward.

Not at all. Plenty of people do this. You can get wires if you aren't embarrassed by it (a lot of adult babies I treat are), or you can get clear shaping retainers, like Invisalign. They're more expensive, but you're paying for the low profile. If you get your teeth corrected, wear the retainers they give you for the love of God. So many of my patients backslide into crooked spacing because they're too lazy to wear their night retainer.

I probably need a full set of dentures. I'm only 26. How can i afford to pay for this?

Its because im going to university again and i have anxiety problems. Dont want to look like a freak with stuff in my mouth. I dont want metal wires but i will likely end up with it and i was wondering if you have adult patients with them on and how they deal with it.

Also how can i keep my teeth white. I gargle water after i eat and i brush and floss.

Got it. I have many who have wires. Nobody really cares, in all honesty. People you meet note it when they notice them, but it's one of those things where if they judge you for self improving, who gives a shit about them? This is what I tell the adults who express the same concerns that you have. If you are religious about your rubber bands and bite the bullet to wear them all the time and/or double up, you can cut the time you spend in them by literal months. The adults I treat just think "I might feel weird about them for a little while, but I'd pay that price for a lifetime of straight teeth."

As far as whitening, take care of them, of course. Be extra thorough in keeping them clean when you get braces. Failure to get food and shit off them can lead to unaesthetic pitting/decalcification in your surface enamel.

Don't drink coffee or any other acidic and/or dark liquids. Also don't brush with baking soda, you might as well be sandpapering them.

Whitening toothpastes work, but only for as long as you use them. This is true for any over the counter whitening. If you want, dental grade whitening trays work and give you long-standing (forever)results. They're a couple hundred dollars for a full course

Good question. If it's not under your insurance, you're looking at a steep hill. Save for it, negotiate with your dentist. Make sure you pay for quality and don't waste money on shit craftsmanship

What's a good teeth whitening agent for those of us who used to smoke and drink a lot of dark liquids. Pretty sure they're stained beyond salvageable.

Thank you sir. Much appreciated. I'll book my appointment this monday

Also curious, how does payment work? Monthly payments? Im irish but will be getting them in uk so unfamiliar with this system

I just had my first ever silver fillings put in on Monday, one on each side of my mouth. After 48 hours, I ripped out a chunk of one while flossing and the other cracked and split down the middle. I scheduled an emergency appointment and had them replaced with composite. Holy fuck, I didn't even realize fillings could look JUST like your real teeth. The fact that they don't kill you with mercury is also kinda nice, now that you mention it.

But yeah, silver is overrated as fuck. They're not that durable at all and holy shit are they hideous. I'm glad they fell apart and forced me to get good fillings.

when the fuck will tooth regeneration technology come out already
the jews fucked me up with botched root canals and cheap shit work for the last time

Hydrogen peroxide in the form of dental grade teeth bleach. Do not apply consumer grade HP or you're gonna be in shitsville. Nothing else will give you lasting results. You can pretty much reverse all staining with proper treatment. Go to your dentist and ask for Opalescent whitening. I use that in my practice and I've even used it on my kids. It works. Homemade whiteners tend to do nothing at best, damage at worst.

Do it. Good luck!

I'm an American and I think the whole insurance system is shit here and especially in the UK, so I opt out of most government plans so I can charge for better materials and work quality. That doesn't mean quality work can't be found elsewhere though. You can pay monthly just about everywhere. If they want it all up front, go elsewhere. If they only offer X number of months of treatment, go elsewhere. You want to get treatment until your problem is fixed, not 12 months or whatever. If you have the option, shop around, get consults, get quoted prices. It's expensive, so make sure you do your homework. Good luck!

Yeah man. Welcome to modern dentistry. Composites are a godsend. Sounds like you got garbage work done, even for silver. This is why picking a good dentist is so important!

Never, but if you spend the money, you can get work done that's comparable to actual teeth. Find a new dentist, don't settle for low quality.

So if i want whiter teeth i have to go to an actual debtist and not diy kits? My teeth are very yellow so i dunno if even dentists can fix them lol

>haven't brushed my teeth since I was like 16
>not a single cavity
What did the dentist mean by this

A dentist can fix them. This isn't 1920, dentistry is light-years more advanced than you think it is. But yeah, anything that's not professional grade is effectively snake oil. It's not worth the effort you'll be putting into it and most DIY approaches use abrasives which definitely make your teeth look whiter, but they're scrapping of your enamel. It would be like sanding a scuff out of a piece of wood, you'll get the imperfection out, but you'll be reducing integrity of the material. For something that can't ever grow back, this would be a fool's bargain.

>decide to take care of my teeth more
>floss
>brush my teeth twice a day
>use listerine and fluoride wash
>last checkup dentist says I have a small cavity
>fucking stupid

Alright, this thread just moved me to floss and brush since I ate lunch recently. And now I can't fit dental floss in the space between the composite filling on my second to last tooth and back tooth. I tested it out before and it was working fine but that space seems to be filled now, like maybe my fillings flattened out.

What do, dentist user?

It means you're still underage.

this every year,,, flossing is a meme

>have dentist appointment same day
>decide I'm gonna show up the cleaning lady
>floss entire mouth twice
>brush every area of my mouth
>alright looks good
>go to dentist
>cleaning lady still pulls out a ton of old food that was stuck in my teeth

It's more likely that your teeth have shifted a little bit, depending on your age and the time in between you trying! Ask your dentist. In the meantime, go buy some Rotapoints. Google them. They work

poorfag
i have acid reflux and the shit got in my mouth. now my gums bleed when i brush my teeth.
any products i should buy?

don't have insurance for a dentist so im winging it :(

Oat husks get crammed in my molars, it's like this every time for me.

*This is not medical advice:

Buy floss, use it. But Rotapoints, use them. Brush twice a day. Swish mouthwash. Always drink water, as much as you can, to minimize the amount of acid present in your saliva. Be gentle with your mouth, but be consistent. You're going to have to rehab your gums.

thx i'll order some off amazon asap!

Are you still here dentist? I have a problem, can you help me?

Good luck!

I am still here. But anything I say is not to be taken as medical device, mind you.

Is this fixable? It hurts when food gets in there or cold or hot liquids. What will the dentist do?

Yes its fixable, but he'll probably take the tooth out. Which is for the best since that shit will get infected and kill you.

Didn't wear my retainer like an idiot and my teeth have completely slipped back. Worried they have been slowly getting worse for the last decade since I had braces removed. Noticeably crooked teeth now.

Best course of action? How dumb does a motherfucker have to be to get braces twice?

I didn't even know these were still a thing.
My dentist has some composite that looks almost exactly like enamel.

I have a few of these, got them about 10 years ago because I was a stupid teenager and didn't take care of my teeth. I'm a lot better now, brush 2x a day and floss etc. I haven't been to a dentist in about a year what would I ask to get these replaced with ones that look like natural teeth? Also what about crowns is it the same thing or something entirely different?

I thought it can be fixed with a filling or something like that!

how are my teeth lookin doc

I've brushed and flossed every day of my life and I don't drink soda or other sugary foods, but I still appear to have gingivitis. What gives?

Doesn't every toothpaste contain an abrasive? What's the difference between that and a homemade toothpaste using an amount of baking soda as the abrasive component?

Perhaps, but he'd have to grind a lot of it out. If you take too much of a tooth out, it loses integrity. Then you're looking at a crack forming in the thin tooth around the filling.

My son has had them twice. He's got a crowding problem. It's not really his fault. But it sounds like you just didn't wear your gear. Get them again and wear your retainers you goober.

Just ask "hey doc, here's a stack of money, please replace my fillings." Crowns and Bridges are different. They're not really composite material, they're fully artificial appliances. But they do come in more enamel colors these days.

Dental health is more about what's inside and between your teeth. Go let your dentist root around in there.

Are you brushing your gumline and flossing? That's the most common cause of your complaint.

Not like consumer baking soda. And it's present in smaller proportion. Really, the big problem is that the average person doesn't know how to brush their teeth. The average person cleans their teeth like they're scrubbing build up off of a bath tub. Doing that consistently is bad, but it's not going to harm you all that much if you keep it to two brushes a day. But then people load up on baking soda and scrape the shit out of their teeth and gums and cementum, thinking that it'll whiten their teeth, which in reality makes it all weak and opens it up to infection.

It's a matter of professional opinion, but it's not worth the risk, and the gains aren't really any greater than using regular toothpaste.

i havnt been to the dentist since i was like 9. Im 27 now. My teeth are probably beyond fucked but they look fine on the outside.

>tfw giant hole in my back molar

dentists are scamartists and dental "science" is as disgraced as chiropractors.

more snake oil? I mean flouride?

0/10 trolling. Try harder next time

i meant the shape and colour :^)

They're alright. Canines are a little pointy and asymmetrical for my liking but on the whole you seem fine