/fat/ "mom gain goblins" edition

Previous thread
>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/nTRvBGe
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caYcqS_Vakx7S86gyXSemoKWFzQi8fOpXA93RxTz_o8/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tell my mom I want to get down to 160
>you looked sickeningly skinny when you were 175 years ago!

>Removing the discord

Discord:
discord.gg/nTRvBGe (permanent link, does not expire)

Quick update -

So far I have all the weights recorded that have been posted since midnight. Remember that weigh-ins are on Friday from 0000 to 2359 CST. That means you have 10 hours and 40m from the exact moment I typed that to turn in your weight. Some of you are on notice, and all of you new joins MUST WEIGH IN.

People I still need weigh-ins from -
Captain_Hookz (On notice)
Duna
Pieman (On notice)
Rainman
Otter
Spuds (On notice)
IgnoreAnt
JDM
BBC
Imouto
Fishbreh
Jormungand (On notice)
Germanfag (On notice)
Curiee
ElRabioso (On notice)
Mint Milano (Willingly dropped out, not needed)
Enema (Must weigh in)
Kiko (Must weigh in)

Aside from that and a busy week we still have 10 slots open for new people who want to
A) Join July's Tournament
B) Weigh-in on 07/07

All I need from you to add you to the tournament is the following -
Name -
Height -
Starting Weight -
Current Weight -
Goal Weight -
Pounds to Lose (If more than 20, just list the first 20) -
Losertown Goal Date (For that first 20 lbs, not your goal weight) -

Once I have all that, you're in and ready for the tournament bracket (which will be completed Sunday Night) and weigh-ins on 07/07.

CUUUUN_FESSEEEE

Using the simple TDEE calculator, being 6.2, about 290 pounds, age 27, currently doing little to no exercise though that will be changing, my TDEE is 3154. I also have hypothyroidism and hypogonadism which I mentioned in the last thread. I'm on treatment for both and I'm curious how this affects my weight loss/gain. In the past I've done an a 1000 calorie deficit and the progress was honestly slower than I imagined. Is this due to my conditions? Or perhaps I'm an idiot and wasn't at the caloric deficit that I thought I was? Honestly if I were to consume about 2000 calories a day and burned a few hundred calories a few times a week, I'd be able to lose about 15 pounds a month, even with my conditions?

>15 pounds a month
That is too fast and in the past you were eating more than you thought. Log in my fitness pal and weigh all your food. Beyond that expect to lose maybe 6 pounds a month after the first month of quick loss.

go away, no one wants to go to your secret club

Apple

Weigh in : 171.6

Hoping I can get under 170 next week, will be my first time since 2015.

do a three day water fast and lose like 10 pounds. it'll reset your appetite by shrinking your stomach, and detoxify the dumpster that is your internal body. only the first day is difficult, hunger dissolves completely after 24 hours. By the second day you feel like a superhero- mental sharpness, vivid thoughts, energy, cool stuff. good luck.

Did you get me added? Datpipboy

Got you updated, good luck.
Yep, you're in.

Thanks, you're a champ

Nothing to confess, i am absolutely making it.

I'm glad this was the OP post.

Moms seriously need to quit it with the war against gains.

who /keto/ and why?

In the last thread people were saying 15 pounds a month is fine. What are the consequences of losing weight too fast? Loose skin?

>became keto accidentally because I cut carbs

I don't even want to be on it. But I don't know what carbs are good besides weetabix

>/fat/ "mom gain goblins" edition
mom said im eat too many vegetables

Not making it.
If you cut too much calories you will feel like shit and have no energy to work out and only lose muscle mass.

nothing super substantial, there are a slew of conditions you can develop through chronically under eating. If you are fat enough, it doesn't matter though, the weight loss is absolutely more important than any of those conditions that can develop.

Almost all of them are reversed by eating at your TDEE for a week.

>there are a slew of conditions you can develop through chronically under eating.

Like what?

being a faggot

muscle loss, fatigue, sleeplessness, bone density loss, acid reflux, which leads to ulcers.

there's quite a lot.

that being said, there is a study floating around where a guy loses over 250 lbs in a year by not eating (while being fed certain vitamins to not die), so take those conditions with a grain of salt as we do live in a world where people make money from you eating food.

6 months of a 1000 calorie deficit with protein in every meal can't be that bad for your muscle mass, r-right?

there is no need for discord when we have thread. thats why i got rid of it.

it absolutely can. above 25%bf or so, you don't have to worry about losing lbm when dieting harshly. between 16 and 25%, you'll lose muscle mass but not drastically. at or below 15% is when muscle mass takes a big hit when you're in a steep deficit, because your body does not have a whole lot of energy reserved for such an occasion.

Pudding
Peanut butter
Ice cream

If you can sustain it.
You think it's easy at first but after a few months you'll probably struggle. But if you have the willpower by all means go for it.

last time i did a 1200 calorie a day diet it lasted 2 months and i lost 40 lbs. It works very well, but it does start to wear on you once you need to be social.

If you're a shut in, just stop giving yourself a ton of money to eat with, use it or sock it into savings.

>mom: well how much weight are you going to lose?
>me: probably until i'm down to 160 or so, maybe a bit more
>mom: what!? are you trying to kill yourself!?
>me:160 is just barely into a normal bmi ratio for me
>dad: yeah actually he's right. i remember when i was his age we thought someone who weight 200lbs was a massive fat slob
>mom is shocked in silence

Based dad telling it like it is. Too bad he still buys junk food all the time and always asks if i want to get pizza, big boy or taco bell

What a fucking waste. You deserve to be fat and will NEVER make its

I think you have the wrong mentality on losing weight, like most fatties do. You shouldn't be cutting drasticly, you should focus on bettering your lifestyle permanently, or else you will gain everything back when you hit your goal.

This thread has been very helpful and motivating since I found it today, thanks a bunch guys. One more stupid question about losing weight "too" fast. My goal is to lose about 65 pounds and I want to do it in 6 months. When I reach my goal in this time, will I have issues with loose skin or is that nonsense? Would I not have issues with loose skin if I were to lose 60 pounds in a year instead?

Oh noes!
Save me Ironman!

Just set your limit at a 500 cal deficit and try to eat even less whenever you can. I usually go several day eating 1,000 - 1,300 but then I'll break down and eat up to 1,800 for a few days. That way I feel like I'm cheating but I'm still at a 500 cal deficit.

That looks like a mashed banana with yogurt and pb2.

How do I use myfinesspal if I cant put everything on the weights and not sure the recipes and dosage of ingridients in what I eat are the same as listed there? Sure it's easy when you eat everything canned and out of store, not homemade and natural.

Buy a scale and weigh your food. List every ingredient seperately. It's a chore but it's the best way.

Well the things you make have ingredients. So you can make soup, put all the ingredients in MFP and save it as a soup meal so you can use it later.

What is tapioca? I read up on it but wikipedia basically called it fucking useless.

apioca (/ˌtæpJˈoʊkə/; Portuguese pronunciation: [tapiˈɔkɐ]) is a starch extracted from cassava root (Manihot esculenta). This species is native to the northeast region of Brazil, but its use spread throughout South America.

It's useless but it's delicious. Just can't eat it on my diet but probably my favorite pudding

Although tapioca is a staple food for millions of people in tropical countries, it is devoid of nutrition and low in food energy. In developed countries, it is used as a thickening agent in various manufactured foods.

honestly, tapioca with cheese and chicken is fucking goat

Just vanilla pudding with these little edible balls in it that are like starchy carbs.

If you did a 500 kcal deficit, it would take you twice as long to lose the weight, so over the long term, it really depends on whether you're better off losing weight in 6 months, and then building muscle normally for the next 6 months, or losing weight for 12 months.

>tfw i drank a gallon of milk in the last 24 hours
I need to cut this shit out

174 pounds

Stop posting this bullshit

Thank god I no longer live with my parents, they're such a fucking enablers. Mom is average but dad is obese, there's always shitton of food in the fridge, and sweets hidden throughout the house. It took me 5 years to straighten out my eating habits and get a grip after I moved out. My two sisters are also overweight, one of them just finished her masters, so maybe she'll start thinking about weightloss. The other one is still in high school, living with my parents, so I don't even bother.
It fucking sucks that I spent so much time in my life beign a fat kid feeling like shit and none of them were able to help me. Why most adults know so little about nutrition?

She needs the most help because she'll be the most fucked.javascript:;

>tfw mom died from cancer and cant make me fat

th-thanks universe

This is my plan. Is it possible?

Month 1: lose 20 pounds
2: 15
3: 10
4: eat slightly below maintenance and recomp

Man sounds fun

Name - Tejas Fag
Height - 6'0
Starting Weight - 271
Current Weight - 219.2
Weight - 150
Pounds to Lose - 70
Losertown Goal Date - at the max, by August 30th (the 20 pounds)

STOP GOING ON DIETS.
CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE.
This is the only way you people will have any hope in the long run.

>Tejas
fellow /fat/jeet detected
nice progress btw da, keep going

That isn't a plan, that's a list of goals.

What is your plan to reach those goals? What will you actually be doing?

20 pounds in a month is pretty high, unless you are very overweight. Healthy weight loss is usually targeting 2 pounds max per week. But if you are very overweight, you can afford to lose more at the beginning.

>tfw got told to only lose 20 more pounds or I'd be too skinny

Any advice for working around injuries? I picked up a hip injury from playing sports.

Legs are out of the question and i think things like OHP and Benchpress would't work cos it aggravates my hip when I breathe in and brace my core. This also makes me think chins/pullups would be an issue because of the core aspect.

Am I just stuck doing dumbbell curls until I recover?

fishbreh

;_;

Do you guys think I can reach 80kg by the end of August? I really want to look good and feel comfortable in my skin for when I go back to school this fall.

Currently 87kg, 182cm, eating 1600 a day. So far only dieting, and idk if I can incorporate any gym exercise for the rest of the summer due to travel and location.

I eat 400 cals a day
I'm a 182 pound girl
Trying to get around 125

Stop looking for approval of others.
Push yourself and ask yourself if you can do it.

incorporate intermittent fasting

>tfw when my mom told me indian mothers like their kids to be "rolly polly".
sure ma, sounds good. if only it didn't come at the cost of pre-hypertension, pre-diabetes, poor nutritional wisdom and habits, and being an underconfident obese fuckwit

There's no way you're going to lose 45 pounds in 4 months. Sorry but that's just unrealistic.

I've seen anorexics do it though?

45 pounds in 3 months*
And that's assuming you don't just get frustrated and give up, I'm willing to state that it would be physically impossible for that type of change

Eh, what the hell

Name - Pet
Height - 5'5
Starting Weight - 240
Current Weight - 210
Goal Weight - 140
Pounds to Lose - 20
Losertown Goal Date- 8/18

yes, but you'd have to average ~1.75lbs per week (.8kg) to do so, which would mean a ~900 calorie deficit. if you work out 3x a week, your tdee should be ~3100, so 2200 should be your goal

I'm not in control over you, so you do what you want. If it works, yay. If it doesn't then just know an user on Veeky Forums warned you not to set unrealistic goals

and they wreck their physical and mental health in the process. 1-2% of bodyweight per week is the limit, faggot. don't fucking kill yourself out of insecurity.
lose weight slowly, work out regularly, and learn some fucking patience. you'll only end up quitting half way through, binging for weeks, and ending up fatter than you started. the reason fatties fail diets so often is because they try to do everything all at once so they can have their goal bod in a few months.
you're in the beginning stages of a horrible cycle that will only make you more fat and miserable

>I eat 400 cals a day

That's it? That's your whole plan? That's an awful plan.

You are just in a crash diet. Those fail all the time for a good reason. Up your calories to a sustainable level, start exercising in a way you enjoy, and be comfortable with slower weight loss.

I know everyone who decides to lose weight wants to do it fast, but you have to learn to keep it off. That's hard work, and it's better to learn at you go then struggle after you feel like the hard part is over.

>5'5''
>240

jesus,i'm the same height and the highest i have gone was 200 and i was already disgusted with myself

also if you want to lift after losing the weight i recommend going for 120lb, is what i'm going for to get 15%bf

i'm doing it mostly for health since i'm prehypertension. also i actually want to be confident in my body for the first time in my life

thanks lad. thats really useful. i have a question: is there anyway to incorporate meaningful exercise at home? idk if i'll have access to a proper gym in the coming months.

Does anyone here prep? If so how do you deal with having access to your emergency food supply?

I'm assuming you're 5'5 and 20 years old.
So you're BMR is about 1660
If you ate 400 cals a day (which would be nearly impossible to keep up every day for 3 months; you can also completely forget about exercising with that little fuel too) You'd have a defecit of 1200 a day.

There are 3500 calories in a pound, so you'd lose about 1 pound every 3 days.

You want to lose 45 pounds in 3 months (which is 90 days), so you'd need to lose a pound every single day

It's pretty much physically impossible for you to do, and you'd feel like complete shit

For intermittent fasting could I, eat when I wake up, then not consume any calories for about 16 hours, then eat before I go to sleep?

what's to stop me buying a frozen pizza and garlic baguette right now and just devouring it
I've practically made it already, it won't change anything

you'll always be almost practically making it

Different user here, any exercise you do is needing and you can exercise anywhere.

I walk 6 to 10 miles a day every day, without fail. I'm not going to get swole doing that, but I'm absolutely losing weight.

Find exercise you like ,that's the most important part. Strength training is important especially for us fatties, but it isn't the only meaningful exercise despite how Veeky Forums talks about it.

Monthly update

Down from 220 in the first pic to ~190

still fat as fuck though, looks like i'm gonna be a skelly in a few more months

>is there anyway to incorporate meaningful exercise at home? idk if i'll have access to a proper gym in the coming months.
absolutely. if you're a total beginner, simple bodyweight workouts will work well. i'd highly suggest a pull up bar and an ab wheel, but other than that you don't need much at first.
i'd suggest doing yoga and/or cardio in the morning. fasted cardio is the GOAT for weight loss in a lot of people, and yoga will work on your ab strength/stability, flexibility/mobility, and can be a diagnostic measure for muscular imbalances.
something like 30-45mins of LISS cardio a day + yoga and abs every day, and alternating between lower and upper body calisthenics, would be a good idea imo. you'll stay active and work on your weaknesses without the need for equipment. however, if you don't want to get into absurd variations you're gonna want to start lifting within 6 months

>and I was already disgusted with myself

Is this supposed to make you feel better, or me feel worse? This is a thread for fat people. I'm fat, I'm aware of that.

I'm already lifting. Why wait until I reach my goal weight?

30 pounds in 2 months? Nice. I'm on my first month and lost 15. Hopefully I can keep that up for at least this second month

You will fail. You failed to eat a reasonable amount of cals so you ended up at 182lbs. Now you think you can suddenly stick to 400cals for 4 months. Eat 1000 cals and you can lose 20lbs by the end of sept. 125lbs will mean end of march next year according to losertown.

>eating less than 50g of fiber a day

fix your posture, pull your shoulders back, you've got that virgin hunch

gj m8 not much more to go.

>lift

I'm a guy but when I was 19 I did that. I was 250 and I wanted to get down to 175 ASAP. I practically starved myself and would binge eat every few days.

I felt like shit, irritable, and fatigue for a year, and I managed to reach my goal weight, but it only amounted to about 1 pound/week lost, which I could've achieved a LOT more smoothly if I had just dieted properly

This also led to me just putting on all that weight again because weight loss/maintenance is a LIFE style change, you have to change your LIFE, which crash dieting did not teach me.

Updated
Added
Updated
Added

Also the google doc with all this data can be found at -

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caYcqS_Vakx7S86gyXSemoKWFzQi8fOpXA93RxTz_o8/edit?usp=sharing

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

oh shit, trips
I uh, have some Halo Top ice cream in my freezer. I doubt I'll finish the pint today.

I've done pretty good today, though the last 3 days in a row I've eaten a Chipotle burrito. It's an hour of walking to get there and back from my place so if I really want it, I have to earn it.

um no, because a "binge" for me is 1100 calories
I usually stick to 400
I have self control
I know about nutrition so maintenance won't be hard
My TDEE is very close to 2k calorie
Nothing is impossible. Why speak failure into existence?

now if only you would walk that for something actually healthy, you would see actual progress

how is it unhealthy? is it the brown rice, the black beans, or all of the vegetables?

>everybody on the doc is trying to lose 20 pounds at most
I need to lose close to 70 more, I don't want to be THAT guy

>nothing is impossible

Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the noble prize ; impossible is eating the sun.

Is your plan possible? Yes.

Is it a good idea? Absolutely not.

If you are determined to do it anyway, why did you bother asking about it here?

The instructions for sign up said if your goal is more than 20 to only list 20.

I'm , but goal is 140 but I listed the 20 as instructed.