Do months of good form bench press

>do months of good form bench press
>chest still looks bad
>do two weeks of pushups
>chest start to grow

When did you grow up to realize bench press and most non-calisthenic exercises are literal memes? African starved retards don't lift 300 lbs of rocks and they're ripped as fuck

This thread is a confirmation that bench press is a MEEME EXERCISE, sticky this

Regards,

How much were you benching?

Hahahahha

Bench press works for me, frig off, randy

More than you

we can't be both benching ur mom, son

What makes you think we can't? Serious question.

Why are you in every thread. Like just don't use tripcode lmao. Who even are you

Lifting weights is a meme, do you think the Greek gods had squat racks?

>not doing football bar bench press
it's like you dont even want to make gains

Lmao why i shouldnt lmao

Lmao its not a tripcode lmao

Lmao i like people to know im dominican

Well according to studies it has been found that closed chain kinetic exercises(this means exercises where the point that's pushing stays at the same place while you move your body) are superior when it comes to muscle gain compared to open chain.
So this means exercises like squats, weighted dips, pull ups and push ups will result in better gains than bench press, rows or leg press.
Your experience is not surprising to me at all. A basic push up(assuming you add weight) is far superior to the bench press.

He's from /pol/ and wishes there were flags here, so he uses the name field to be a flag. It's fucking stupid. I hate that I know things about him. I hate that I recognize him. I hate that he shows up in multiple threads. It makes Veeky Forums feel much smaller. Fuck I hate namefags so much.

Always remember what works for you will work for every other person on the planet and there is no deviation from this immutable fact

Or maybe just kys you incredible tard

Are you fucking retarded

bench 315 for 5 and show me a picture of your small chest and delts

Mind citing those studies? This sounds like bro science to me.

all what is known about ur mom is bro science, thanks to those brave young men that sacrificed themselves to know the truth.

Don't hate broscience

Why bench press with barbell when you can be a dumbbell chest masterrace?

This unironically.

The Earth rotation actually works against you if you use a bar for bench press, as it slowly moves the weight is distributed more to one side of the bar than the other, making one of your arms to hold more weight.

With dumbbells this doesn't happen.

i used to do 300 pushups everyday, sets of 15. My chest did not develop at all. I did 1 month of bench and my chest started to develop. Dont know why the opposite happened for you

How long is months? Ever think that you were nearing the point of visible results and stopped benching before they hit? Did your diet change when you stopped benching? Did you have adequate rest in between your bench days? Could other leopke see your results or is the body dysmorphia hitting? Bench press should be universally solid for developing chest considering its one of the main compound lifts along with weighted dips.

>current year
>not aligning yourself with the rotation of the earth

I always make sure bench is aligned with east west axis to maximize gains.

Had to explain that they should be 6 degrees off to compensate for magnetic pole at new gym. Fucking retards

Maybe sets of 15 was too little, assuming you were able to do 20 sets without getting totally exhausted.

Not him, but how long should I wait between bench days?

i would do normal pushups, then diamond pushups, then wide stance? pushups and just cycle that until i reached 300. I wasn't exhausted but i felt most of the burn in my arms. Maybe i was doing them wrong? Not sure

Maybe switch to sets of 25 or more. I'm one of the weirdos that get good results from pushups like OP.

>normal pushups, then diamond pushups
Hit the arms more than the chest
>wide stance
Hits the whole chest

If you want to hit your chest do wide push ups and dont do the normal/close until you've already hit your chest hard

No lie, push ups with isolation (decline, incline, etc) actually made my chest grow with results. I used to max out at bench pressing and I wasn't seeing gains. Now I am. Weird.

I'm not the dude you replied to, and I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but you can literally Google this one. "closed chain kinetic exercises better than open". It's confirmed.

Flat barbell bench press is a meme exercise. It's got little to no carryover to RL, whether you're an athlete or an average Jim Gai who helps his buddies move furniture, and it's shit-tier for chest development.

Incline barbell bench, incline dumbbell bench, flat dumbbell (to a lesser extent than the former), chest dips, and cable flyes from varying heights are all great for chest development and better than flat bench.

Its about variation.
Were you to start with a couple of months of push ups and then switch you would be here starting a thread about how great bench is.

If you do 300 pushups you definitely need something harder lol.. Basically training for endurance at that point

>it took him this long to realise upper body requires variation and volume to grow

Close grip bench and jm press are all flat should be used for

whats the best thing you can do on friday night ?

Still wondering how long I should wait between bench days.

>do months of good form bench press

Doubt

>variation

I keep hearing that in general. But how frequently should you switch up your routine?

Here's what I found with that Google search:

"The biggest advantage of open chain exercises is that they are far better at isolating a muscle... But closed chain exercises are more functional..." - Healthline

"Advantages [of closed chain exercises]: With these types of movements you will be able to lift much heavier weights versus its open-chain nemesis. And by much heavier, I really mean significantly heavier, like upwards to hundreds and hundreds of pounds more." - daimanual (worth noting that this website actually considered barbell bench press a close chained exercise)

"...all movement would appear to be a succession of phases of open, closed or unclassifiable chain activity, especially of the trunk portion of whole body linked system. On the other hand, the entire concept of open and closed chain exercise may be regarded as trivial, useless, misleading and irrelevant!" - ptonthenet

Conclusion: Open vs close-chained kinetic exercises is a loosely-defined crock of bullshit that therapists like to use to make themselves appear smarter. All movements are, in reality, a combination of both, and trying to classify an exercise as one or the other is trivial.

It's cause I need attention lol

For me I do a routine for six weeks, deload, then do something different for six weeks. Sometimes I do different rep ranges, sometimes I add different accessory work. Just do what you can to stay aggressive on your body's adaptation triggers.

>Hey bro stop fighting pls

Progression with bench press is just more weight, but once push-ups become easy you gotta switch to harder variations (diamond push-ups, rings pushup whatever).

Bench is just simpler

Every time I bench or do push ups, my left elbow tucks in alot more than my right elbow and the weight falls onto the left side of my body. How do I fix this? I stopped training chest because of this, I don't want lopsided pecs.

*right elbow tucks in more than my left

you might have a winged scapula

Hmmm. Well, when I benched I didn't realized that working your back is crucial. More crucial than working chest. We neglected back and the price was me having painful shoulders. Now I never work chest. I could, but I think doing push ups would be good enough. I also don't care for huge pecs.

You might be right, my back looks similar to pic related.

flat bench fucking sucks
pushups suck too 2bh

incline DB bench and weighted dips are the only ones worth doing really

>weighted dips

Bench press sucks for chest. If tpu wantis a nice chest then you NEED to isolated the pecs. And machines are better than freeweights when it comes to peck development.

>weighted dips
This will also result in a popping sternum.

If you have rings available, then try doing wide stanced ring pushups.

Benchpress never did anything for my chest even though it steadily rose.
But weighted dips however made my chest blow up.

yeah ok benchlet
close grip bench falls under the umbrella of flat bench and is a fantastic exercise in its own right, but moderate grip (not retard wide grip with maximal arch powerlifting rule bending) bench is also great

I dare you to actually cite a study

my order of preference:
dumbbell bench > chest press machine > chest fly machine (seated upright) > barbell bench

>nameFAG

lmao so not only ur are stupid ur also homophobic as hell ok buddy cant wait to poz ur ass :)

Lol
This supports my comment of closed kinetic chain exercises being superior. Powerlifters will defend the bench with their dear life but it is a fact that dips and push ups are superior.

>Not using forced user