/fat/ "I guess I'll try starting it" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
bmi-calories.com/body-fat-percentage-calculator.html
active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat
free-online-calculator-use.com/military-body-fat-calculator.html
calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html?...
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html?...
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Full-Body-Analysis&Group=Fitness-Calculators
healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have been cutting for 3 months and I'm down 10kg (from 97kg to 87/88kg)

But I'm not actually much leaner. I have gained NO definition and I look no different except my legs are smaller and I guess my arms are a LITTLE leaner.

Apparently I'm 22% body fat still!!!!

I have been lifting for years and this is my first cut and it's gone HORRIBLY

how tall are you

OP you didn't link to the previous fucking thread

>lose 6kg
>look and feel fatter than I did before
fuck it /fat/ I'm done. I can't do this anymore.

6feet

>down 2 more pounds

Feelin good today Brehs

It's archived. Do people really go back and look?

>Only way to prevent myself from overeating is to stop buying food I enjoy eating
>Now have to resist the urge to go to the supermarket and buy food that I like instead of eating what's in my fridge
Life is an endless struggle.

There's zero for you are eating now that you actually enjoy?

What do you eat, and what do you enjoy? Are you trying to discover new foods at all?

you still have like 5-10 kg to go dude depending on muscle mass. you won't be really lean until you reach like 15% bodyfat. don't give up!

have you considered lifting, or do you want to just lose fat weight?

Do you guys use creatine?

I've been lifting for 4 years

Hey guys, I'm seriously spooked right now...
I've measured myself with a tape in order to get an estimate of body fat percentage.
Here are my stats :

24 year old, female
54.4kg/120lbs as of this morning
163cm/5'3

waist (at narrowest) : 66 cm/26 in
waist (navel) : 70 cm/27.5 in
hip (widest): 77 cm/30.3 in
thigh (widest):54.4cm/21.4 in
neck (narrowest): 35cm/13.7 in
biceps (widest): 29cm/11.4 in
forearm (widest): 25.5cm/10 in
wrist (narrow): 14cm/5.5 in
elbow width : 6.5cm/2.5in
calf (widest) : 31cm/12.2 in
I ran it through a couple calculators, some more specific than others, and here are my results :

>11% Navy
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

>8.4%
bmi-calories.com/body-fat-percentage-calculator.html

>24%
active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat

>10.86% Military
free-online-calculator-use.com/military-body-fat-calculator.html

>12% Army
calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html?...

>13.8% (another bf calculator from same website)
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html?...

>17% (this is a full type of analysis of body stats, that coincidentally gives bf%)
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Full-Body-Analysis&Group=Fitness-Calculators

>17.3%
healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

An important disclaimer, when there was no cm units possibility to put in, and the inches couldn't be fractioned with a decimal, I rounded it always to the inch closest to the decimal.
When there was only one measurement of a place asked (such as waist) in some of these calculators, I used the widest one as reference.

So what the hell is going on? Anyone knows what's up with those super low bf% results?
I did the same few couple tests about two months ago (I was 9kg heavier then), and I was hovering around 23-24%.
Surely I must be in the 17%-24% range...or else I am the absolute skinnyfat? Pic related, taken just now, can I get an estimate?

@apple

I'm retarded and put the wrong losertown date, should be 23rd Dec 2017. I was wondering why my days were triple others and realised I had a blonde moment.

Also, I know when people are setting their MFP cals its best to do it as sedentary but when they are doing their losertown dates, do they also stick it as sedentary? I go running every other day, have 3 LesMills classes a week and on my "rest" days I do low impact exercise like swimming or an hour+ walk. I rarely eat my exercise calories (I use them if I need to eat for low bloods - T1diabetic). My Libra weight trend graph says I would reach 145 in Novemember but Losertown says February.

Tldr: do you also set Losertown as sedentary or do you set it accurate to your exercise.

>censoring feet

My socks could be recognized by someone who browses the chan I know.

Im sure help recognize your body before your socks anyway you dumb roast.

Answer is simple, online calculators are a crock of shit.

For an accurate measure you can use the machines doctors use or a vitamin store may measure you for free. You can order a cheap pair of Calipers off amazon to get a good measure as well.

No matter what, in the end its just going to be an estimate, not a holy bible. Focus on the looks, not the numbers of what you want.

Now post lewd feet.

well fuck off you're not bringing anything productive to this conversation. if you don't want to offer -useful- advice, just ignore my posts.
I'm deleting the picture because it'll only attract more assholes like you instead, and hinder my chances at getting real help here.

Thanks for the time you spent replying to me.
I figured that those calculators were way off anyway, I wanted to use them in order to track progress on a scale, even if the units of that scale weren't the most accurate.
I am going to research around me, to see if I can find a place where to get measured more accurately, or where I can buy a caliper.
Thanks for the advice, you're right, in the end it's an estimate only. I am definitely focusing on feeling healthier first, then looking good, so I don't really care for these measures except for their scientific value (making progress charts, and such).

Yes.

I do the same thing user, but I do not get the urge to go to the supermarket. Going there just for junk food is the ultimate failure. Its a literal walk of shame. You dont need that.
Once you ate the meh-tasting, healthy food in your fridge the craving is going to be gone. So shove it down. Remember why you want to be a better person. You can do it you faggot

/fat/, my little brother wants to lose weight after seeing me bulk up @ gym. He's 15.
Gave him normal advice, cico, deficit, etc etc. Same shit applies to him as a normal male right?
My only worry is that he needs to eat at least at maintenance to grow properly etc.

Dont pussy out.
Its your mind that spergs out at the moment, not your body. Your body is feeling better than ever. Give it more than that, lose more fat! Happiness will come .

I started weight training at 14 and I'm 6'0. He should be fine as long as he practices correct form and learns about general fitness. Keep him far away from here though

How fat is he ?

are scales that measure body fat a scam?
How accurate are they?

most likely
not as accurate as tape measure/calipers

He should lose fat first before he starts putting on muscle, no?
Don't know his stats. He looks fat tho.
Got some solid muscle but hes decently fat lol. Cant even describe it. Got quite a bit of back fat , some stomach fat and developing tits.

Lifting while eating maintenance would probably be fine, plus it'll help his eventual cut later.

Not the OP of that thread but you're a fucking idiot the kid should cut first then start lifting and eating heavy

Keep going.

I just wouldn't want to go on a cut at the same time I'm supposed to be getting taller.

Make him do a normal sport instead

fat fucks

Thank you user, see you next thread

Has anyone here tried powdered peanut butter?

I'm debating ordering some. This shit is 45 cals per 2 tbsp serving, compared to 190ish for normal peanut butter.

OTOH, peanuts contain healthy fat anyway, right?

It doesn't taste like normal peanut butter, you'll have to get used tot he taste. Godly for cutting tho

How different is it? Peanut butter is one of the few foods I really like that I still feel is healthy enough to eat.

I guess I may as well buy a little to try it out either way.

I like it in my oatmeal. The taste isn't as strong, but it's better than plain oatmeal. The powder is much easier to accurately measure than normal peanut butter.

peanut butter is one of the most calorically dense foods there is.

If that powdered stuff is no good I would drop peanuts altogether.

3 hours and 45 minutes before I break my fast.
I'm fookin hungry but I'll make it.

in other news
>tfw been plateauing at same weight for a week
>mfw broke through it today and lost 2lbs

I use peanut powder for flavor.
Besides, use peant butter for healthy fats and not for its protein.

Someone repost pic?

Also what's your bust size? For science

Kids have to be a bit more careful as they have to eat a higher amount to meet nutritional needs for a growing body. But this is only a major consideration for cutting.

Being Veeky Forums, my advice would be tell him to take it slow, eat at least 2k+, and adjust as needed. Being in the newb gain period, what needs to be adjusted should come quickly.

I also wouldn't do keto. While it helps cut weight quick, the amount of veggies/fruit you have give up could possible fuck up a micro-nutrient need.

Should I just do a lot of cardio while cutting? It's pretty tough to lift weights with my noodle arms.

Me want lose weight.

Went on conference trip for work for several days. Ate like shit, eating out for every meal and junk food on the road. Just weighed myself today, the second day back and I didnt gain any weight. Feeling pretty gud right now.

225 @ 5'10

Do both. Even if they're light weights, do both.

Lifting is supposed to be tough. Just gotta keep lifting.

At your weight you'd be fine doing both or just one or the other imo

Ate terrible last night, but actually lost a little this morning. Feels great man

>was doing well for my calories today, suffereing throughout the day through hunger though
>end up ruining by eating 2 pizzas
fugg

>225@5'11
same boat, more or less.
I still lift while I'm trying to cut.

Fun question, what's your bf%? I think mine was allgedly 40~% percent according to that Navy calculation, but I don't remember once I started using that myfitnesspal app.

Slowly falling off the wagon KILL ME
dropped down to 116. Back up to 117-118
Can't stop over eating
Why am I like this

>Sick as fuck for 10 days
>Haven't lifted or any cardio at all during this time
>Get mad carvings
>Ate pizza, gyros, fries, McDonald's, ice cream in one week
>"oh fuck let's weight myself"
>Lost 1.5kg

Feels good mayne

Chinese food for dinner tonight

The three day fast is over

35%

Parents just tempted me with a curry lads

LITERALLY said

"It's just a chicken korma, it's chicken with some spice and some rice! It's fine!"

JUST

How delusional can these people be?

Can someone post some food routines? Not having my meals planned up is fucking me up. The simpler the better, please. Thanks in advice.

I lost a bunch of weight yet I look the same, it's pretty disheartening but I will keep at it. I feel healthier for sure, still look just the same 1 month + in

>152kg 2 months ago
>decide to eat less shit and totally stopped getting breakfast and soda
>mfw 132kg this morning
>mfw i'm never hungry

thank you Veeky Forums and /fat/ , IF is life

Inb4 dehydrated af and actually gained 1 kg

same brah...
I have the bad feeling it's because I've lost more muscle than I should...

Mate I have the same feeling :(

>tfw I have become so health obsessed that I started researching experimental chinese factory grade wholesale bulks of supplements, with only vague reviews in russian.
>mfw I realize I will probably die a slow painful death of chemical poisoning because I can't afford to buy the "legal" stuff locally.

we will rebuild, brah.
It'll take some time, but we will make it.

CONFESS

Guys if you do some lifting when do you measure your weight, in the beginning or after it? I drink 1 litre of water during the workout and half of that seems to vaporize and at least 10oz stays in my clothes as a sweat.

Yeah for sure. After I am at more healthy weight I intend to start strength exercises

I've got myself a blender and I've never used one before - anyone have any recipes for shakes/smoothies they recommend? I know about the Veeky Forums bulking one but I'm cutting currently.

Father I have family over and I'm thinking of a cheat meal. The mere thought deserves a confession

Don't eat anything. Get an apple.

Mate, I just read about that specific questions while looking at articles on accurate body fat calculations. The consensus was, on that particular articles it was mentioned in, that you should weigh yourself before or at least two hours after exercise. I wasn't explained why, it's just what was said.

eat every meal but eat less of each and np, it's ok to take more kcal sometimes during family/friends time

I've gone from SL 5x5 into Texas Method. I'm a fan of powerlifting style training and I'm happy with what I'm doing. Although I have noticed by now my arms are lagging behind in terms of shape. I do plenty of pullups, but clearly this is not enough for my biceps. Triceps get hit through presses. My forearms are pretty fucking thin too.

Is a set of high volume curls at the end of my workout a simple fix for okay results? Should I also do some tricep isolation? I would think they should be in better shape though due to all the pressing.

How do I isolate forearms? Is there even any point?

I Ate raising canes chicken last night father I'm so sorry

Bumping. Please help a fellow fatty.

Myfitnesspal to keep track
IIFYM for macros
Eat whatever you want as long as you keep under your deficit and you get as close as possible to your macros. Austistically planning your diet is an awful experience.

Chicken breast until protein is reached.
Rice until calories are reached.

Post that first of the month progress, /fat/. Let's get July off to a good start

Did you mean to post this in qtddtot

heavy cheat rows

farmer walks

LTEs

That is a crazy month!

Of course you are doing everything wrong and making it extremely hard, but still wow!

First time posting progress. What a ride.

And how would I make it easier?

Hey everyone. Don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. The more I lose weight the fatter my face looks. I used to say all the time how lucky I was due to my fat distribution, my face always looked decent even when I had moobs and jelly rolls. Now that I've dropped 30 pounds I just look average whereas before woman always told me I was handsome. I don't get it? When I look in the mirror my face literally looks like it lost definition.

Can you guys psot it like this

Breakfast-

Snack

-
Lunch

Dinner? A mealplan is all i need.:

oh yeah, it's July
>pepeintime.jpg

Pic got deleted before i saw post but yeah your measurements are really weird. I make dresses for im really familiar with measurements. Your hips are only 30 inches which is super narrow and thin compared to your bmi. Your waist is 26 which is fine but in relation to your hips means you have a thick waist. Your thighs are 21 inches which i'd expect of someone with thick thighs. I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm picturing a sausage. I'd suggest building up muscle in your butt and cutting fat so your legs and waist shrink.

Do you actually compare photos of yourself and see that or only think? Because I too lost about 30 pounds but I don't feel any "slimmer" I even feel just as fat as before. Only when I look at my pictures I can appreciate the change

>finally done with 5 days fast
>going into keto next, so make a soup with a bit of broccoli,tomatos and some spices to ease transition for stomach
>tastes like droplets of heaven

i legit never thought food could taste so fucking good

nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing

The only examples I have of that are my new and old ID's in which my face looked much more defined at 5'9 190 compared to 5'9 160, even though I've started lifting weights and exercising more often in this time between.

The only difference besides weight is that now I have a really short haircut vs semi long hair. You know, thinking about it more and this might be complete bullshit so I'm sorry if it is, but I feel like as I've lost 30 pounds my face has almost melted down to where you can't see anything stick out because it's just flat.

pigged out at 3am because I couldn't sleep
shame, SHAME

>Breakfast
tea/coffee
>Snack
bitch u fat u dont get snacks
>Lunch
low cal greek yogurt
>Dinner
chicken breast or pork, veg, small portion of carbs

Some people want to lose weight

Some people don't