So is cardio actually important

So is cardio actually important

it depends on your personal goals
for most people, effectively, it's a waste of time

This is the dumbest comment I've ever read.
It's the best thing you could do for your heart and for your gains .

If you want no muscle, yeah go ahead and do cardio. Otherwise, no it's not important.

It's good for digestion if you guys are ever constipated

yes. Watch some scooby videos on cardio

There is literally no downside to it and a world of health for doing it

Just eat more to compensate for calories lost

Retards

Good for cutting/weight loss

Lost a lot more kg per week when I started doing cardio seriously.

Ask zyzz.

if you lean bulk, lift heavy 3-4 times per week, and do some good cardio on your off days, you are bound to make amazing gains.

a 10 km run on your off days shouldn't take you more than an hour.

Yes

good for stamina

i became a sex god with 20 mins per day every day cardio

This is why I hate Veeky Forums

Cardio is great for you in almost every way. It increases testosterone, boosts stamina, increases your immune system, makes your buttocks nice and tight, is great for your heart...

But this is Veeky Forums, so this thread is going to be flooded with obligatory comments LAWL GAINZ GAWBLIN HAHAH

>Makes you hungry for when you are bulking
>Let's you indulge some extra calories when you are cutting
>Contributes to the "hell yeah, I'm fit and healthy" mindset in your brain

Gee I wonder...

Only for "lung health" and endurance.
Otherwise just do high rep training, like 20 reps.

No it isn't

Look how aesthetic Zyzz is, he didn't do cardio

>look how aesthetic this spooky skeleton is
>he dindu cardio
still look like shit

was*

>didn't do cardio
>dies in his early twenties

THAT WAS A GENETIC HEART CONDITION

It's literally the most important type of exercise for your long-term health. Like weights, it's easy to overdo and a lot of distance runners have really fucked up bodies, but at least 2 hours a week should suffice.

For your overall health as a DYEL: sure, it's important.
If you train for strength and hypertrophy well beyond ottermode: it plays a role since it improves vascularity.
If you train regularly for aesthetics: useless, and you're not a lazy bum sitting on your ass all day everyday so it's not that important.

>cardio while bulking
Found the DYEL retard

yes roids doesnt affect the heart at all manlet

Yeah and his heart imploded. Maybe if the dumb cunt did cardio (and less roids..) he'd still be here.

The cardioviscular system is what keeps you alive and healthy.
It distributes nutrients to every part of the body and helps to keep everything healthy and repair damages.

Do your cardio - daily. distribute it over the whole week. Even over the day if you can.
If you can, walk/run/ride your bike to work/shop/errands. At least park farther away and walk a little.
Take the stairs rather than the lift or escalator.
If your job consists of much sitting and standing around at least try to move a lot. If you're not busy eating at your breaks take a walk

You don't need to sweat, huff and puff, feel exhausted or drained - but it helps a lot.

Who's word do we have to go by on that? You think the family might be motivated to save face and pass it off as something other than him being a retard with drugs?

these guys know whats up.

Yes.

Sometimes I wonder about Veeky Forums. What the hell are you doing with all those muscles if you cant use them?

There is another thing Veeky Forums does not understand. When you increase your mass, you increase the workload of your heart. Why would you not train your cardiovascular system to handle this increase?

yes

but i still don't do cardio

doing 13000lbs total volume on deadlift in about 20 minutes is probably borderline cardio though

That's some good boy points on cardio but still you should do more.
Schwarzenegger told somewhere that 30 secs of rest bedween sets is enough and boosts your heart (cardioviscular system).
Problem is that if you natty and lift for strength you can't afford minimalistic rests.

Cardio is good but it's so fucking boring.
I only like swimming or martial arts but can't do that for now.

I watch netflix or hbo go during cardio, makes it tolerable.

yes cardio is boring but you should still do it ya dumb cunts

Is cardio from kettlebells enough?

Why don't people just do HIIT instead? It's less time consuming and arguably better.

>he doesn't do both
cardio every day alternate between a medium distance run and HIIT

This. I sprint a few times a week and do one longer cardio session. Usually cycling

>training all the other muscles but not the one that literally keeps your brain from dying (heart)
Yes it is important unless you're mentally handicapped like this guy

>healthy heart = better circulation of macro-nutrients to the muscles
>cardio = healthy heart

I dunno, you tell me.

Indoor cardio sucks and a lot of people lose motivation quickly. Swimming and martial arts are the best kinds of indoor cardio, but I'm lucky enough to live a few minutes away from mountains so summer is all hiking and backpacking and winter is snowshoeing. Year round cardio that's actually interesting as well as more beneficial to health than just running around a gym track.

If you know you know.
This guy gets it, do both, one creates better endurance the other shreds the fat away. Both are great

Isn't the whole point of cardio to raise your heart beats? doesn't lifting already do that?

can I get HIIT 101?
considering running on the beach sand for those sweet calf gains.

....and now he is dead.

>Run 10 miles a day
>can run for two hours
>going up stairs still causes me to gasp for air
>hiking is still a bitch in heat
>jump rope for like two minutes before maxed out
>fucking cardio is a useless meme

It's all a fucking meme. Heart is the laziest bitch muscle in the body and because it's always beating it doesn't want to do any other shit at all.

So I'm just like fuck it then. You do you and just keep beating then.

>raise
The idea is that the heart is a lazy cunt and if you work it hard, it will figure out how to do its job better so it doesn't have to work hard anymore. But it only figures out how to do that one thing better. And it doesn't care to get any better at it if you stop doing it. And it only really works if its an aerobic activity. And the moment you stop it forgets everything you taught it. And of top of everything else if you work it too hard it will stop, either giving you a heart attack or just die.

Have you ever had a heart attack? I have people that have and they say it's the worst pain on earth. Don't ever fuck with your heart. It can do fine as long as you don't fill it's highways with shit or smoke or air.

you're correct. Disregard the cardio faggots.

When you'll lift you'll discover you're training your heart already. The most acceptable answers are and

Cardio reduces resting heart rate.

I imagine heart attack must be like a cramp

>Do heavy Farmer's Walks
>Get massive gains, functional strength AND cardio at the same time
>Very little risk of injury

Farmer's Walks are the ultimate cardio workout.