QTDDTOT

Are basketball shorts not Veeky Forums approved?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/44SPORT-Olympic-Fractional-Plates-Weights/dp/B01CO7J5XY/ref=sr_1_6?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1498943031&sr=1-6&keywords=fractional plates
youtu.be/l2VQ_WZ8Bto
youtube.com/watch?v=6UShUs1Wb_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're fine.

Is it at all possible to make gains on keto? It's been a month and all of my lifts and even cardiovascular has been steadily falling

I'm doing a night shift tomorrow night but am wondering if I should lift tomorrow anyway to make up for skipping today, since I didn't sleep much

Will getting Veeky Forums and raising my test slow my hair thinning?

Any tips for a skelly looking to get started?

should i replace bench pressing and ohping with doing it in the smith machine if i find it gives better contraction and if i care more for aesthetics?

can i ohp on an incline bench?

my ceilings are low

Is 3 sets of 5 still good for deadlifts as i get to heavier weight?

If you can get it to a 90° angle then sure.

bamping this

you'll be fine as long as you're not completely exhausted
i sometimes make changes in my lifting schedule to fit my life and it works out fine

Going bald is genetics largely, high test or steroids will only speed up the process. Also if you're going bald, own it and shave your head it looks way better than thinning hair

I wanna train myself to do the splits. Anyone got a daily stretching routine that'll make this happen?

is it beneficial to spread protein throughout the day rather than say eating 80% of it in one meal?

i'm not sure if it is a meme or not

Where should one buy dumbells? Getting some and I don't know if this a good price.

try getting used off craigslist or something

do whatever the fuck you want to do but you know whats better

Eh, it's not noticeable yet but when it gets to that point I'm definitely shaving it.

But then you won't be able to brag about how much you can bench

I feel that a shaved head looks much better than a balding one

watch nippard's 10000 kcal chalenge video

Does having wider hip bones than ribcage mean there's something wrong with me?

I think that the Smith machine could lead to injury over time do to the un natural bar path. I'm not sure of that though. Just something I've noticed when watching people use it.
I have a question, guys. Who here has successfully reset their adenosine receptors? How can I take a beak from caffeine and combat the mental fatigue? I stopped for five days and broke it on the sixth because I need to be sharp around my costumers. If I could go just two weeks and then add coffee back in just a few days a week that'd be great.

Trying to fix up my squats by keeping my upper body tight and bringing elbows in, however that makes my arms end up in position where they hold the bar upwards rather than pushing it into my back as they are when pointing far backwards. This makes my wrists take the load and causes the bar to be rolling around my back, which breaks the tension.

Any advice on how to fix this up? I go high-bar and tried setting the bar tight on my traps, but bringing elbows in just makes the whole thing awkward.

are these fractional plates enough for microprogressing?

amazon.com/44SPORT-Olympic-Fractional-Plates-Weights/dp/B01CO7J5XY/ref=sr_1_6?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1498943031&sr=1-6&keywords=fractional plates

i dont see why i would need all the smaller ones (1/4 lb, 1/2 lb) if i can just use the 1.25 lb ones

i can't take regular whey because of acne(i'm good now but every time i start with whey it's gets my face full of it). besides just regular food is there any substitute?

I kinda tweaked my rotator cuff a little while doing pullups. Can I still do bent over rows? What about deadlifts? Squats sorta require me to contort my shoulder in such a way that I get the twinge in my shoulder, so they're off the table for a week or two. Anything else I should be aware of? This is the first time I've ever really been hurt because of the gym.

please respond

I use 1.25 plates. I haven't stalled since using them. Took my bench from 185 to 225 by progressing 2.5 pounds twice a week

Nice trips breh

Where's the pain?

Girl or boy? If latter, then possibly. See a veterinarian.

do you mean doctor

How do you calculate how much you can bench?

ive been cutting for like 2 months

2500 cals, using this routine

waist used to be 34, now its 35

am i doing something wrong?

By trying to bench high amounts of weights

What's the proper form for lat pulldowns? Is the bar supposed to touch your chest or is it enough to go past your chin?

No, human males don't have wide hips. You must be some sort of subhuman beast.

eat less or move more

Go too low and you'll fuck up your joints in the long run

Any tips on working out in a really hot environment? My gym these days is like a fucking sauna, especially the free weights area....

Go to a better gym

wear lightweight clothes and drink a lot of water. put some ice cubes in it.

other than that, dunno. my gym is terrible and it is extremely cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I kind of like it though, makes me sweat more and feel like i'm doing more

is it fine to ingest 2 protein scoops daily?
wont be able to cook my shit anymore so all I have going is estimating and protein shakes

Heavily depends on your ancestors

Skinnyfat?

Get a haircut

i lost a bet i gotta grow it out over summer

I am bulking at +300cals and a dude i spoke to at the gym who's pretty shredded said that +1000 would you put you in a better situation since i am 5'10 135lbs right now.

Is he fucking with me or is that legit?

It's a twinge when I move my angle my left arm straight upwards (like during OHP). I can lift my left elbow even with my shoulder (so it's horizontal) without any pain, but I get the twinge when it goes much higher than that. It hurts right on the front part of the armpit, where the bicep meets the pectoral.

fuck no, 1000 is too much even for your skinny ass

keep at +300-500

Basketball shorts, much like cargo shorts, are detestable and should be avoided at all costs.

There's a limit to the speed at which your body can add muscle. 1000 would just add tons of fat.

when do I not put sedentary on TDEE calculator?
i lift 3x week and will start working(most of the time standing, basically I'll do bar man work at a resdtaurant)

I'm sorry
what can I do about it?

nothing, except work on broadening your shoulders

it's fine, we all have something that isn't optimally aesthetic on our body

I guess you lift dressed with a leotard, lipstick and a squat plug the size of Arnolds thigh. But if it suits you ...

if you're new only deadlift once a week could you still add 10 lbs every workout or are you going to stall fast?

I'm from Brazil and i got a 6 month postgrad scholarship to do a research in Colorado State University (Fort Collins)

My question is, am i going to spend a lot on food?
I thought i was going to get some amazing gains since whey in america is fucking cheap compared to Brazil but as i was talking to some friends about it, they told me the food is actually really expensive and i'm going to spend all my money on rent because it's also fucking expensive

Americans please fill me with information on how to get gainz there on a budget, also, is gym membership expensive there?
Anyone from Colorado, Fort Collins, Denver or CSU here?

Are there any effective pre-workout supplements that won't kill me?

should you be adding weight to lifts that you aren't doing with perfect form?

just keep adding until you stall dude

coffee + a banana

no

no you need estrogen to slow hair loss, so don't do it just shave it, T makes u lose hair faster

>coffee + a banana
What about Skyr and some carbs?

I mean you could go for plant-based protein but it's a hell of a lot pricier.

i () have a lot of rounding w my squat and deadlift probably due to bad glute activation/bad core bracing. are there any particularly good videos/exercises for this?

>cutting
>beginner program
>2500 cal

what's your height/weight/bf%/gender

protein is fine, but it doesn't have the micronutrients that real food has. If you're going to be eating few fruit/vegetables consider a multivitamin.

just skinny with very little muscle. bulk.

absolutely fucking not. 1000+ no matter how ripped you are is fucking retarded. at the absolute most you should do 500 and even then most of what you gain will be fat.

TDEE's are awesome for finding out sedentary calories, not so great for finding calories burned from exercise. In-general it's really difficult to accurately guess how much you will burn just due to variables, so the best thing to do is make an educated guess and fine-tune until you are gaining/losing what you want.

no one cares what you wear at the gym as long as it's not sandals.

It all depends on the location. I lived in Northern new mexico and have no idea what rent is like in the denver area, but in Santa Fe it was pretty expensive. A cheap shitty place was $900 a month for two bedrooms not including utilities. Better areas were in the $1200-1300 range.

Food costs depend entirely on your preferences. Fast food is deceptively cheap, burgers are only 3-4 bucks but the macros are shit. Plus you can usually have a meal of chicken and rice for 1-2 dollars per meal if you buy and prepare it yourself. I generally spent $150-200 a month on food and about the same on utilities which get really expensive in the winter.

I'm pretty sure T has nothing to do with hair loss, it's that DHT production can be affected by creatine if there is a history of such in the family.

How much should i do to have as little fat gain as possible?

200cal?

as little fat as possible? Recomp. That way you are literally not gaining anything, and instead just growing muscle tissue. Spoiler warning: it's slow as fuck.

realistically 250-300 surplus is fine and won't lead to excess fat.

Anyone have experience with SARMS? LGDs??

I struggle with the initial off the ground moment with deadlifts. besides more deadlifts is there an accessory exercise that can help em with initial lift?

are you breathing into your abdomen and bracing it for the whole lift? I find that I tire easily if I release the breath before the bar hits the ground again.

deficite deadlifts are the absolute best to strengthen the lower part of the deadlift.

also pause squats can be pretty good for the lower part of the DL.

if you have problems staying tight maybe train your abs or do weighted hyperextensions but that is more general purpose than specifically for breaking the bar off the ground.

yea i have been breathing correctly.
can i do wide grip rack pulls? if not can I do deficit deadlifts at reduced weight and it still help my working set?

Leg drive. The bottom/first portion of the lift is mostly legs. Squat more.

>can i do wide grip rack pulls?
they are basically only usefull for the lockout aka the upper part of the movement so you can do them but they wont help with your problem

>if not can I do deficit deadlifts at reduced weight and it still help my working set?
What helped me quite a bit was doing them at a weight that I could rep out in the 8-10 reprange and doing that without a belt. It should be challenging but I see no point in doing them much heavier than that. so whatever you can move 8-10 times without your form breaking down is fine in my books. but try it out maybe some other reprange is more usefull for you specifically I would start around that though.

ok thanks guys. I will try mentally using my leg more too instead of pulling from back. that might be a big problem too.

a little tip for that, imagine yourself pushing your feet into the ground instead of pulling the bar. Also always keep your chest up, imagine someone has a string attached to your chest and is pulling your body straight by pulling on that string. it's not about pulling the bar it's about straightening your body while holding onto the bar.

I dont know if this explanation makes sense to you but it has helped me a while ago.

actually it does make sense. Ive been trying to pull mostly from the top which I think is reducing my power.

Yeah mate I had an impingement in my front delt, so pretty much the same area as you.

What I did was take a week break and focus solely on internal/external rotation exercises, really light weight, like few sets of 12 reps. Band pull aparts (with resistance band) helped a lot too, and I still use them now to warm up in between sets of OHP/dips etc. After the pain cleared up, I slowly worked my way back up, increasing weight slowly and warming up properly each time.

This vid will help with band pull aparts - youtu.be/l2VQ_WZ8Bto

You should check out his other videos too, really good channel

How do I get a fat friend to start working out and stop being a fatty? I'm afraid of making things awkward or ruining the friendship, and don't know the best way to bring it up

That's fine then, I can sleep Monday morning.

youtube.com/watch?v=6UShUs1Wb_k

I care about my brain more than my gains but how much muscle will I lose

How to avoid nausea while working out? The last few weeks I've often had to skip the last few sets because I feel so sick. I typically eat like 2 hours before starting.

How much can I run before I start losing gains?
I usually just run a 6:30~ mile everyday in the morning and figure it shouldn't hurt. Is that correct, or can I run more? I ran track in high school so I like to run

Are you drinking too little or too much water, perhaps? Not breathing enough? Try eating 3h earlier. Try eating a banana 30 minutes before your workout.

Run as much as you like, as long as you're eating enough it won't negatively effect you
>but look at marathon runners
you're not going to run that much and they don't lift

>How do I get a fat friend to start working out and stop being a fatty?
You can't force people to change. You can bring it up and encourage them to try and lose weight, give them the proper guidelines and resources, but change comes from within.

on 3-day fasts? Hardly any. That being said a 3-day fast probably won't have you losing that much weight either, maybe a pound and a half at most.

I get nauseous if I eat 2 hours before I work out, sometimes depending on food even moreso. I find that I workout better on an empty stomach.

Thanks a bunch man. I'll check it out.

thx user, I figured as much, just wanted to be sure

I have got a strong jaw line but I have also got dimples. People say they soften my face. Good or bad thing?

Anybody make it out of skinnyfat mode? I have twig arms and legs with love handles and puffy nipples. 5'10" 135 lbs probably like 18% bodyfat. Currently doing the Veeky Forums gslp with cardio and calisthenics/core work on off days. Eating between maintenance and +200 cals. What do? Can I make it? I want to die

I took the morning after pill half a day after me and my bf's condom broke. My period should have been yesterday but it still isn't here. I ready that the pill usually messed with ones cycle, but usually it makes it come earlier, not later. Is there still hope that i'm not pregnant? Sorry for the English, I'm Danish.

no offense, but this is probably the wrong place to ask this. Most here are virgins that hardly know anything about sex, let alone pregnancy.

eat more

Testa dricka två liter mjölk om dagen och bara göra knäböj hela tiden varje dag

mvh Sverige

Im pretty skinnyfat (big gut, manboobs and lovehandles visually around 25-20% bf with normal bmi) would lifting on a caloric defecit work for losing fat and building muscle?
In theory my body could just get the needed energy for muscle building and recovery from my fat deposits, no? Im also still ripe for noobiegains (1 month of irregular lifting 2x week) if that matters.

Wtf are plyometrics anyway? Is it literally just doing box jumps forever?
How/when do I incorporate them into my program?