What is an acceptable level of progress after a year of lifting?

What is an acceptable level of progress after a year of lifting?

1/2/3/4 for at least 5 reps.
not even meming.
proper diet, sleep, and programming will get you there.

Remind me again it's 1 plate OHP, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift right? I keep getting the last two confused.

No, it's 1pl8 deadlift, 2pl8 OHP, 3pl8 squat, 4pl8 bench

>everyone progresses at the same rate

can someone plz help im struggling to get past 2pl8 squat and 2.25 ded :|

concentrate on smirt gains.
ask scooby.
you should make your own goals, don't let others decide them for you and wether you reached your goals or not.
or you will have a bad life, mkay.

Doesn't matter.

That's great advice. I like seeing what others have to say since it allows me to have a greater perspective (most of the time)
I'm aiming for the aesthetic of what's in the op and got made fun of last time I posted my pic. I wasn't sure if it was because I'm headed towards a different physique or if I just don't have results up to fit's expectations. Can you let me know what I need to focus on the most?
t. 1 year of lifting and boxing

I'm really sorry but all things I do to inform myself are onlly reflected upon myself.

Natural testo from lifting heavy, eating and sleeping right, avoiding stress and so on will effect your whole body.
>> Thick neck is aesthetic and imho huge traps aren't.
>> Shoulders and lats makes you (look) broader.
>> Good chest gives the impression of a bigger ribcage which is very good looking.
>> Developed legs and ass can optically enhance bad genetics like huge ass and tiny calfes
>> bigger or more developed arms and forearms.
>> wide hips should be paired with a well built and developed middle section. This ruins a little the triangular shape but mitigates the optical effect of wide hips.
>> low bodyfat if you can.
I work at like -10°F (-23°C) and 18-22% BF is best for me. Losing BF was no problem with a healthy dieat but at 16% BF I was freezing and it affected my lifting.

Good one XDDDDD

Don't listen to this guy. You should be doing 1/2/3/4 of 5*5 if you have any sort of half decent genetics to go with your dedication. I reckon you will need 3mins rest between sets at that load, by then you can focus your overloading on getting it down to 90s between sets and then get it up to 8*5 for juicy hypertrophy. Then worry on going past 1/2/3/4

>> Keep your workout short and intense, 45 to max 60 minutes. Up to 90 minutes seems only doable for beginners and steroid users.
>> Do a existing routine. There is a reason why deadlifts are paired with reverse butterfly on the bench and not with bent over rows. You already trained your musculus erector spinae. It is THE most overtrained muscle.
>> If your lifestyle makes you use your bizeps and trizeps a lot already, you should avoid doing two push/pull exercises in a row, like benching and then military press, or chinups/pullups and bent over rows.
>> If you feel your bizeps/trizeps are too weak and you aren't able to squeeze in more exercises, take in account the recommendation above.
>> An alternating plan if your work/lifestyle is strenous. A 2split two times a week if you have the energy. 4splits and more are for steroid users whose muscleproteinsynthesis keeps going on for days.

>almost 2 year of lifting

>still at 40kg ohp
>still at 55kg bench

0.7/1.4/2/2.5

Vast majority of bosters on fit are people who either quit after a week or never started, they're more delusional than the plebian masses when it comes to training your body

sry for splitting this up so much.

Hattrick plans seem to be the shit now.
Before it was advised to do 3 months 5*5 (5 sets, 5 repetitions), then change to a 3*8-12 plan, then for a short period to a weight with failure at 1*25 repetions.
Hattrick plans lump this period together within a shorter period.
i.e. BB bench 2 sets 5 repetitions, DB bench 2*8-12 and butterfly 1*25 which seems to be a good plan.

there are really many varieties of this, some dedicate one or two days to 5*5 then the rest of week 3*8-12 and 2*25 and so on. saw even a plan with onerepmax.

Stagnating is ok, be humble. Overtraining is shit, injuring yourself is really bad. That's regress, you basically progress backwards.

Does this apply even if I started fat (not obese) and have been losing weight?

reached the plateau of 40kg military press.
since then changed diet down to about 4k cal to get back to under 20% BF.
Now i struggle with the last repetition in every set.
But lat pull to chest on tower got up to 70 kg and i choose to stagnate to give the shoulders time to develope

>Up to 90 minutes seems only doable for beginners and steroid users.
The fuck cunt? my shoulder workout takes up more than half an hour

Yea i want the geralt physique as well :( too bad i'm too thicc at the waist and don't know if i wanna go below 10% bf.

If you care at all about hypertrophy don't waste your time on powermemeing lifts

after about 45 minutes cortison production rises. at one hour it is still tolerable if you avoid stress after your workout.
While a beginner and a steroid user has still his newbiegains and steroid enhanced muscleproteinsynthesis, you have nothing.
And nothing is what you get in this case.

Thank you so much for this write up. I think I've been overtraining to hell and back as I've been doing 2 hour workouts where I always go to failure after 5 reps on compound lifts before doing a bunch of accessory stuff at 4x12. To give an example, you mentioned to not do deadlifts and bent over rows on the same workout. I've been doing deadlifts, bent over rows, cable rows, and t bar rows on the same workouts on top of tons of chest stuff. I just have a huge work capacity from doing atheletic stuff in my past, and I frequently rarely feel tired in the gym despite always going to failure and whatnot.
As for food, I avoid processed foods and mainly eat vegetables and animal proteins. I work in something between 150g-200g of protein. I sleep on average 8-9 hrs a night.
I'm going to use my work capacity to add more cardio, stretching, and abs, while doing only doing 45 mins of 5x5 lifts. Again, thank you, this really helped me!

I just don't understand this shit, how does working out less=more gains? I can understand why you would workout full body 3x week as opposed to something like PPL, but if you've done your heavy compound lifts and still got steam to do accessories, you're all saying we shouldn't?

I did SS 3x week for about 3 months as complete skinny fat beginner and after 4-5 weeks I felt like I could do much more so later I switched to PPL 6xweek and it's working pretty ok for now, I try and go to failure towards end of workout almost everytime

Thank you as well!
What's odd is that I can do .7 OHP for 5 reps easily but my other lifts are still significantly lacking. Like even 1 pl8 bp is challenging for me
It might be worth looking into stomach vacuums. I know that the 70s bbers did them to make their waists look smaller. How come you don't want to be

I think it's that it makes you too tired to really challenge your body. Like your muscles fail with lighter wait even though they're capable of much more with proper rest

I guess that makes some sense, thanks

Is 4pl8 deadlift with stict form raw, good progress for 9 months?

i believe it would make me unhealthy, i know it wouldn't but it's a mindset i have.

Get on my level and stiff leg dl 8pl8s

I know someone who's around the same area after a year of lifting, absolutely baffling how someone can start lifting as a hobby and do 0 research into how much you're supposed to eat etc.

That's a load of shit

Well you sure gave us a lot of info to work with.

this really.
depending on your genetics and prior fitness experience it should take you 8-14months