/natty/ - Routine General

Welcome to the Routine General

Share your lifting routine and ask questions you may have about exercises and programming.
Some quick pasta for beginners

>#1: Read the Sticky

>If you are just getting started, a proven and popular program is always going to be better than something you came up with, save yourself the time and headaches
>If you still don't know what to do, SS, GSLP, Reg Park's, ICF, SL or any Linear Progression Strength program based on the big 3 lifts will be ok

>Bodyweight exercises, while not the best for muscle gain, are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta cut back on the milk and oats

>Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf%, eat healthy food you're gonna be ok

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme

>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes them more prone to injury and somewhat hinders you strength

>Don't do brosplits. Your muscles take approximately 48 hours to regenerate after a workout. Training them once a week is a loss of potential gains, also those routines are filled with volume, due to them being 1 or 2 muscle groups per day, so strenght gains are non-existent.

Complimentary links:
>startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
>stronglifts.com/apps/
>jcdfitness.com/2015/12/workout-plans/
>startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
>docdro.id/vds9A30
>docdro.id/cipUhzV
>docdro.id/1mrzW34

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
aworkoutroutine.com/training-each-muscle-group-once-per-week/
swoleateveryheight.blogspot.ca/2014/07/the-gzcl-method-simplified_13.html
blackironbeast.com/starting-strength
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/170/lb/male/-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looking for a routine that focuses on strength/calisthenics, preferably a hybrid of barbell and bodyweight stuff

R8 my and my GFs routine

Mine

>Monday
Squat: 3 x 5, 1 x 15 (dropset)
Weighted dip: 3 x 5, 2 x 10 (DS)
Pullup: 5 x 8
Seated DB Press: 5 x 10
Hammer curl: 3 x 12
Calf Raise: 3 x 20
choice cardio for long intervals

>Wednesday
Deadlifts: 3 x 3
Incline DB bench: 3 x 5, 1 x 10 (DS)
Leg press: 5 x 10
Cable row: 5 x 10
Close grip bench: 4 x 12
Facepull: 4 x 15
Cosgrove complex

>Friday
Squat: 3 x 5, 1 x 15 (DS)
Flat DB bench: 3 x 5, 1 x 10 (DS)
Chinup: 5 x 8
Lateral machine raise: 5 x 10
Calf raise: 3 x 20
Concentration curl: 3 x 12
Choice cardio for HIIT
GFs routine
Linear progression for everything

>monday & Friday
Squat: 5 x 5
DB bench: 5 x 5
Romanian Deadlift: 3 x 8
Lat pulldown: 4 x 10
Hip Thrusts: 4 x 10
Calf raise: 3 x 15
Rowing machine

>Wednesday
Deadlift: 3 x 5
shoulder press: 5 x 5
Cable row: 4 x 10
Reverse lunges: 4 x 10
Facepull: 3 x 15
leg press: 3 x 10
Stairmaster

Here's my routine, posting for giggles as a bunch of retards are trying to argue that you need SS or some variant to make any sort of gains and a lower weight higher rep less cns-intensive exercise selection routine isn't ideal for long term lifting.

Wednesday:

Smith bench 4x8-10
Sitting smith shoulder press 4x8-10
One arm cable rows 4x8-10
Cable lateral raises 4x8-10
Bicep curls 4x8-10
Face pulls 4x8-10
Neck work

Saturday:

Cable lat pulldown 4x8-10 (I switched to weighted pullups after maxing the machine recently, sucks because I can do 5 reps of 45 kgs but also can't go much further than 6 or 7 with just 20 kgs hanging off my belt)
Smith incline bench 4x8-10
Smith machine squats 3x5
Ab cable pulldowns 4x8-10
Tricep pulldowns 4x8-10
Smith machine shrugs 4x8-10

I've been doing ivysaur's beginner routine, pic related. I was wondering if you guys think I could add an additional bicep exercise and one tricep exercise? I've been doing the routine for 2 weeks, was doing a brosplit for 4 weeks before that, just getting used to the gym and all the lifts I'd never done before. My arm gains completely stopped after the switch though. Would it be too much volume?

My post SS 3x week routine, focussing on raising the upper body volume whilst still progressing on squats and deads (I play lots of soccer and do lots of cycling, so don't really want high volume training sessions on the legs).

I'm about to run phraks gslp what are some Accessories I should add

Currently cutting and running this. Bench has stalled if not declined but it's nice to be in the gym more frequently.

Face Pulls, Skullcrushers, Hammer Curls, Shrugs, Lateral Raises, Calf Raises

Mon/Wed

3x3 bench
3-5x 6-10 bench (becuase no spotter lol)

3x3 squats
3-5x10 squats

6-8 x F rows supersetted with abs

Maybe bi/tri isolation

Fri:

3x3 deadlift
3-5x10 deadlift

6-8x F chinup supersetted with abs

Coming back from a few months of sickness, currentlu squatting 155 kg for triples (easy peasy, can't see this plateauting anytime soon), benching 120 triples, deadlifting 180 (again, not even close to hard). Rowing 100 kg for now.

PB:s

>Sqwots 210 kg
>Deadlift 250 kg
>Bunch 140

dropsets have already be challenged on these pages, I'd consider to switch, for squats, to a last sets that's AMRAP (where you'll actually try to hit a new PR)
You always start with either Squat or Deadlift, this means that you're privileging quite a lot legs. I don't know your training age so I can't really guess if it's needed, but at least one out of three sessions should start with lats or pecs. Exercise ordering is important.
Seated DB Press is next to be irrelevant. OHP Pressing with DB is very suboptimal, you'll largely decrease volume for no real benefits in this particular lift.
Calf training is pretty much a meme.
Leg press on top of it is the icing on the cake.

SS is an introductory routine. I don't what you're trying to say nor your current training level.
Anyway,
>Smith bench
I'm already triggered.

I see you're posting this constantly. About your question: I believe you definitively could add accessory work for biceps and triceps, like 3x12

Is that a bunch improvisated crescent pyramids? You're overcomplicating it, especially for someone (if I get it correctly) squatting 138.55 lbs x 4
better than expected

>becuase no spotter lol
I sometimes concede myself that death breeze when you're alone and you're failing the last bench press rep and your chest and triceps eventually fail leaving you hopeless beneath a barbell accelerating towards your face at 9,81 m/s^2
then I hear the sound of the bar smashing against the safety bars of power cage
>rows/chins supersetted with abs
first time I see that, did you reason as per "antagonist" or symmetrical opposite muscles? not bad
I see no OHP nor fucks given to the deltoids anyway

Ultimate gainzgoblin plebbit routine

PPL with just dumbbells and pullup bar:

A-Push
>4x5-8 OHP
>4x5-8 Bench
>3x8-12 Floor Flys
>3x8-12 Skullcrusher
>3x8-12 Triceps Kickback
>3xF Lateral Raise
>3x8-12 Wrist Flexion
>2x8-12 Wrist Extension

B-Pull
>3x5-8 Deadlift
>4xF Pullup
>4x5-8 Row
>3x8-12 Hammer Curl
>3x8-12 Standing Curl
>3x8-12 Bent-over W-Facepull
>4x8-12 Shrug

C-Legs
>3x5-8 Step Up
>3x5-8 Romanian Deadlift
>3x8-12 Standing Calf Raise
>3x5-8 Bulgarian Split Squat
>3x5-8 Hip Thrust
>3x8-12 Seated Calf Raise

ABCABCx

Is doing 5/3/1 after 4 months of SS fine? I already started and prefer the layout a lot more, but just curious if I shouldve gone with TM instead

I was running a PPLPPLx routine in college, when I had easy access to the gym on campus, and had greatb
progression, up to intermediate level. But now my gym is near the office and is rather not commute out on my weekends.
Is there a good 5 day routine with similar volume to a 6 day PPL?

You can do a PPLxPPx (PPL but just one leg day) or PPLxULx routine (PPL then upper/lower).

Another option is PPxHxVx for a 4-day split. Assuming your weeks starts on Monday,
>Mon: squat & push
>Tue: deadlift & pull
>Wed: off
>Thu: squat & fullbody horizontal (bench & row with accessories)
>Fri: off
>Sat: deadlift & fullbody vertical (ohp & chinups with accessories)

Push Day: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Abs
Pull Day: Legs, Back, and Biceps

or

Lower Body Push, Upper Body Pull
Lower Body Pull, Upper Body Push

classic push pull hits hamstrings 4 days a week.directly or indirectly (push - squat, pull - dl)

My routine was brosplit for about a year now, looking for a change. Does PHUL make sense as a natty? Looks promising to me.

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

Week1: PPLPPxx

Week 2: LPPLPxx

Week 3: PLPPLxx

Week 4: repeat week 1

Any critiques would be appreciated because I kind of just put this together
Mine is:
AxBxCxx

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Leg extensions 3x8
Triceps pushdowns 3x8
DB calf raises 3x10

B
DL 2x5
OHP 3x5
Lateral raises 3x15
Hammer curl 3x12
Facepulls 3x10
DB rows 3x8

C
Bent-over row 3x8
Power clean 3x5
Shrugs 3x8
Lat pulldown 3x8
Forearm curls 3x25
Hip abduction 3x8

Thanks

This is good. Thank you user

Here's what I'm doing now.

i havent gone to the gym for 2 months and im going back soon
i got fat and i will try to cut down
I also fell for the SL and then TM meme when i first started which makes me leg dominent and 0 arms and shoulders
im thinking of doing PPL without a Legs day and adding 3 sets of squats or something to push day (or pull day) so it would be something like ppxppxx and squat 2 times a week for legs
is this a good idea?
is there any routine for this? I never did a ppl routine can you give me examples of simple push or pull days? Are there 2 different push and 2 different pull days one volume one power or something or are they the same?

Thoughts on 5/3/1 BBB?

a PPL where you hit the gym thrice a week is considered "maintenance"

doing Push and Pull twice while "stalling" legs in "maintenance mode" may actually be beneficial for your upper body development (assuming you haven't chicken legs currently). Less stress trying to recover from sqwats and diddlys

>Leg extensions
pretty useless and dangerous for your patella
if you ever chose to use a machine for legs, make it sure it's the abduction machine
>triceps pushdowns
I find that LTE are always more challenging and will be more useful for you long-term, start learning proper form for them
>DB calf raises
>DB
>calf
meme

Now, about exercise ordering (in the week and within each training session)
>AxBxCxx
Something like "Mon/Wed/Fri"
So, if Squat is on Mon, I'd place DL on Fri

You hit each muscle group once a week, so I'd consider this a "maintenance" training at best.
>aworkoutroutine.com/training-each-muscle-group-once-per-week/
Consider a full body routine where you hit chest/triceps,back/lat,legs,shoulders every single time. Or something like pic related, where you put an emphasis where it counts (plus some accessories)

If you're starting, pic a proven routine rather than putting things together

Monday: Close-grip under-handed pull-ups (6 X 8)

Tuesday: Full bridges (3 X 6)

Wednesday: Handstand holds (3 to 5 X 60 seconds)

Thursday: Handing bent leg raises (6 X 10)

Friday: Close squats (6 X 20)

Saturday: Close push-ups (6 X10)

Sunday: Off

here. The weight is in kg, I agree that it would be an odd routine if I could only squat 1pl8, but as I can do 3pl8 comfortably I feel more justified in the routine change. I'm also starting to stall on the presses, and feel like it's very hard to recover from squats and deadlifts, hence the change.

It's not actually. The squat routine is Greg Nuckols' 2x week intermediate routine, and the deadlift routine is his 1x week deadlifting routine, taken from the 28 programmes book.

The OHP and bench is straight from 5/3/1, with the addition of joker sets (the 1x5+ sets) and 'first sets last' (the 3x5-8 of the other press a bit lighter), taken from Wendler's Beyond 5/3/1.

In theory it should work well, with squats and deads progressing still, but more slowly and with a bit less volume, and slightly more volume and emphasis on the presses, as they are my weaker points and don't get worked in the sports that I do.

Accessory work will revolve around rows and chin ups, maybe with some curls, tricep work and then the random stuff like facepulls and core.

GZCL method is best method
swoleateveryheight.blogspot.ca/2014/07/the-gzcl-method-simplified_13.html

tl;dr
>4 day split
>1 main lift per session
>3 tiers of exercises: main lift, variation lift, assistance work

GOAT progression pattern I've found for squat and bench.

If your work weight is 100%:

Warm up 50%x5, 65%x5, 80%x5

Working sets 5x5 100%, adding 5 lb/session until you start fail on the last set
Then 4x5 + 1x5 at 90% until failure on the 4th set
Then 3x5 + 1x5 at 90%, 1x5 at 85%
Then 2x5 + 1x5 90%, 1x5 85%, 1x5 80%
Then 1x5 + 1x5 90%, 1x5 85%, 1x5 80%, 1x5 75%
Then 1x3 + 1x5 90%, 1x5 85%, 1x5 80%, 1x5 75% + 1x5 70%

When you stall at 1x3, deload 20% and restart from 5x5. This shit has been a gains train for my bench and squat.

>I see you're posting this constantly.
Nah you must have mistook me for someone else. Thanks for your input though, will go ahead and do the accessory sets

is there an improved version but with barbell and a bench to go with it?

Is Candito LP good for strength and hypertrophy? And is it better than Lyles?

I'm just gonna post a bunch of exercises that I like. Tell me if I'm missing anything important.

squat
deadlift
romanina deadlift
dumbbell lunge

bench press
overhead press
db fly
tricep cable extension
close grip bench press
db curl
ez bar reverse curl on armrest (for forearms)

pullup
seated cable row

weighted decline situps (plate held over head)
barbell side bends

I want more low-rep core/side exercises too.

>romanina deadlift
>romanina
nice typo, I'm stealing that

you may add roman chair hyperextensions (eventually with added weights), hammer db curls, chin up, db lateral raise, incline db bench press, front squat, dumbbell/barbell pullover (pecs), dumbbell/barbell bent-arm pullover (lats), hanging leg raise, ab wheel, low-hanging rings (plank variants and ab wheel replacement)

>choice cardio

just fuck man

for a beginner, any LP program will be ok. Don't focus on subtleties when you're just starting and don't start hopping routines because some faggot on the internet says that X is "not as perfect" as Y
Just remember to move away from your beginner routine after few months of _consistent_ training. Every ~3 months you should always change/adjust your routine
TL;DR just pick the .xlsx that better fits your autims and lift

What if you're an intermediate? In my first year of lifting, I did completely strength routines, but I actually want to look good now

Also to add to that, I want to continue getting stronger as well

>What if you're an intermediate?
Are you actually a greenman on symmetric strength? Are you still progressing with a linear progression? Or have you started including {daily,linear,whatever} periodization?
PHAT is getting more and more interest lately. It's either that or the usual 5/3/1

is it alright to do chins on A and B for SS?

3x a week?

been doing SS for a couple months

recently added dips/chinups so my workout looks like this

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Heavy Deadlift 1x5
Chin-Ups

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Light Deadlift (80%/90%) 3x5
Dips

At what point should I start adding weight to chin-ups and dips? I can do 3x12 dips and 3x6-8 chinups. Are these good numbers? What should I be aiming for?

Can anyone help me with Greg Nuckols' routines? I don't really know how to read them to make a program out of it.
I'd like to go on to something full body 3x week.

Read this:
blackironbeast.com/starting-strength

it won't kill you, but I'd limit to twice a week
>when add weight
as a general rule of thumb, if you can do more than 10~12 reps for three sets, you add more weight

>are you actually greenman on symmetric Strength?

Yes, i'm a proficient ayy lmao on all my lifts and bodyparts, though my bench is kinda lagging. Literally green everywhere, with some advanced lifts as well.

Full body gains goblin

I also don't make constant weekly gains on linear progression anymore. So I just focus on volume and strength on alternating days, attemping to PR every other week

if he can hit the gym only three times a week, there's really no other option.

Push/Pull

ABxCDxx
A/B = Linear Progression C/D = Hypertrophy/fuckaround day

A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Close Grip Bench 3x10

B:
Deads 1x5
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Hang Cleans 3x5
Pullups 3xMax

C:
Front Squats 3x10
Bench 3x10
Incline Bench 3x10
Overhead Press 1xMyoreps (10, 3x5)

D
Pullups 3xFailure
Close Grip BB rows 3x10
Upright Rows 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
Curls 3x15

Rest days are streching, cardio, icehockey

Thoughts?

I've been thinking of a routine for Strength and Conditioning. Could I do an ABxCD day of 3x5 compound lifts upper lower on AB days and 5x20 CD days and get results, or is this dumb?

>from july to december 2016
Started fat gaining, went from 65kg to 70kg+
>december 2016
Joined gym after reading almost the whole sticky guide. Asked gym staff to give me routine, which of course was garbage, but I modified it with my knowledge from the sticky (for example they had me doing 3x15 bench press with pussy weight and I changed it to 3x10RM)
>january 2017
Finished the sticky, and by reading Veeky Forums threads I finally understood I needed a real routine. Chose Starting Strength, but it was actually a modified version that included dips, pull-ups, bicep curls, weighted incline sit-ups and weighted hyperextensions.

Eventually I realized it was too much, so removed the sit-ups and Hyperextensions.
Lately I also got rid off dips and pull-ups (despite pull-ups is by far my strongest lift), I think it's time to do the actual routine and focus completely on the big lifts and progression. I will continue doing pendlay rows instead of power clean though, power cleans are too complicated to learn by myself by just watching videos and I don't think gym staff even knows how to do them properly.

Lately by reading articles on startingstrength. com I learnt:
>rest between sets 8-10 mins
I always rested 3-5 mins
>to add weight on every workout
I always added 2kg/ 5 lbs per week, sometimes I couldn't even do that, in some cases I would get stuck in the same weight for weeks.
>to not waste time on stretching
I don't have the book, they do not sell it in my country, I think it hasn't even been translated to spanish, and I don't have a credit car to buy it online.

hello user, I run greg's 2x int med deadlift and 3x int high bench

he also has suggestions in the pdf file that comes with the programs of how to organize it into a training cycle, but desu the volume of just the deadlift program is so insanely high that i can't imagine also combining it with one of his squat templates

i would advise you to maybe prioritize one lift or the other (squat or deadlift) and then do the 2x for that, and the 1x for the other

5/3/1 is fine and you will see results. But its more of a program oriented around advanced lifters with insane lifts. Since your a beginner, you would orobably be better served riding out linear progression as much as you can. See the OP pic for routines.

>Squat
Back squat 5x5
Romanian DL 4x8
Face pulls 5x20 (I throw these in everywhere for shoulder health)
Front Squat: 3x8

>Bench press/bicep work:
Bench press 5x5
Weighted close grip pullups: 3x5, 1x10 unweighted
Incline press: 5x5
Hammer curls till failure
wait 45 seconds, regular curls 5lb lighter until failure

>Deadlift:
Power clean: 7x3
Deadlift up to 5rep max and do that for 3 sets
Pendlay row 5x5
Pullups: Keep going until I hit 25

I feel like this day could use some sprucing up but I have no idea what I can add.

>Press:
Press 5x5
grip work, usually hex grip and bar hangs
Face pulls: 5x20
Weighted dips: 4x8

pretty minimalist, just trying to get stronger for fighting and working pretty well.

>Supposed to add weight each time on beginner routines

Fuck.

>rows/chins with abs

More as in I need to work those as well and they can be done right after one another. Saves time as well.

>no fucks

Mostly so. I often do an extra day on sat with focus on weak points.

If I'm doing an Upper-Lower, and I bench on the first upper body day, are there any advantages to switching to a dumbbell bench for the second upper body day? Or should I just bench again?
Cheers

Training for size btw

>power cleans are too complicated
No, they're not. You don't need to be scared. They look really difficult at first, but after the third time you'll find it's simple and fun lift, much more simple than the squat. Give it a try.
>Lately I also got rid off dips and pull-ups
Chin ups are an actual part of the program, do them last on your light pull days. Dips is not a bad idea to do the last day of the week, you have an extra day to recover from them.
>not waste time of streching
You do warm up sets right? They're more than enough to strech your muscles.
>I don't have the book
Pirate it, if you really want to buy it you can use a prepaid. Most of your questions are answered there, also in Practical Programming for Strength Training.

A second bench press session in a week will likely give you better short-term strength increases in this particular exercise simply because you practice the skill more.
Unless you're a powerlifter who needs to become very skilled at the exercise, more variety (within reason) is usually better the better choice long-term. You'll see more balanced muscle development and you'll be less likely to fuck up your joint health.

Another viable option is to focus on the bench press twice a week for a limited period of time, and then replace both those sessions with dumbbell bench press for a period of time. So you milk all the gains you can from one exercise before swapping it with something similar. Later you return to regular benches and hopefully will be able to surpass your previous performance.

nigger you stole my thread template
and omitted important info to fit in useless links

531 is great if you are are not that gifted for lifting and progress came really hard.
That was the case for me, and it works for me

what's your level, goal, numbers?
what kind of routine is this? fullbody plus a pull day?

w0t

then yeah, if you're an intermediate and arent making lp anymore, do move onto an intermediate routine, pick one according to your goals

that is not SS

>nigger you stole my thread template
it's time you promote yourself to reddit
>and omitted important info to fit in useless links
you're mother is useless

ABCDEFx

A
>Bench Press 20x5

B
>Squats 20x5

C
>Deadlift 20x5

D
>OHP 20x5

E
>Decline Close Grip Bench Press 20x1

F
>Bench Press 1x1
>Squats 1x1
>Deadlift 1x1
>OHP 1x1

Pathetic. Here's a (You), buy yourself a decent routine with it

Hello guys,I got into lifting this January and have been doing a brosplit until now when I thought about a routine change. I'm going back to my birthtown for this summer and need some help with my routine, I thought about doing PGSLP but after seeing the local gym in here I noticed that there is no squat rack to be found. What should I do, I don't think I can do squats without a proper rack so should I replace this exercise with another? I thought about leg press but I don't think that's enough...

>I noticed that there is no squat rack to be found. What should I do, I don't think I can do squats without a proper rack
You can do goblet squats and zercher squats.
Leg press is not a replacement for squat. Leg press targets just quads/gluteus. It doesn't elicit a response from the whole posterior chain (erector spinae, core), it lacks any proprioceptive feature (you don't move in the three-dimensional plane) and it won't significantly engage core.

Ok I searched about Zercher Squats, the thing is I have no rack to get the barbell from, only a chest rack. What about doing leg press and seated cable rows instead of squats.
I have to say, this will be only for 2 or 3 months until I go back to uni where I have a proper squat rack.

>seated cable rows
that's a different game, set and championship

>I have no rack to get the barbell from
you don't need it; deadlift it off the ground then use your quads as rack

AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx

A: Bench Press 5x5
Decline bench 5x5
Incline Bench 5x5
Pulldown Bar 3x8
Rows 3x16
Overhead Press 3x8
Squat 3x5

B:
Dumbbell Flies 3x8
Barbell Curls 3x21s
Skullcrushers 3x8
Tricep Pulldown 3x21
Dead Lift 3x5

I have a very weak core, so squats and dead lift wear me out really rapidly. I need to incorporate more exercises.

Alright, I'll give that a try, but tell me why are seated cable rows a bad decision, it hits the lower back too, is it because it doesn't engage core or what ?

It's not a bad decision, it's simply a different compound exercise largely overlapping with rows and chins

I'm doing SL. I hit 100kg diddly today, but suddenly the app is telling me to only add 2.5kg next deadlift, instead of the 5 it usually does. I still feel like I could add 5kg more a deadlift session for a while. Should I just keep adding 5 until I stall?

Also, my overhand grip started to fail on 4th and 5th reps.

I'm interested in claw grip instead of mixed, but when I practiced on lmao 1pl8 the claw grip put loads of pressure on my callouses; it felt like a poor form grip. Am i just not doing it right? Is the best way to just use it till i'm used to it?

Where do I start? Let's start from the end.
>squats and dead lift wear me out really rapidly.
Then, place them at the beginning of your work out, not at the end when you're already fatigued

>weak core
then do your planks and ab-wheel exercise at the end of your routine to "finish off" your residue energies.

>A: Bench Press 5x5
>Decline bench 5x5
>Incline Bench 5x5
Seriously? Just pick one(1) Bench press (you may alternate between bb flat and db incline)
>OHP 3x8
try 3x12
and move Rows and lat machine on B

>B
>Dumbbell flies
suboptimal and overrated, focus on chest on A days
>Barbell curls
Just alternate between normal db curls and db hammer curls. bb curls are suboptimal
>skullcrushers
move them to A
>triceps pulldown
just do 3x12 on LTE skullcrushers
>deadlift 3x5
at least try 3x5+ (and obviously put it at the beginning of your training as already suggested)

note that frequency is too low for linear progression this way: if that's your max days per week, move incline bench on B and make the last set AMRAP, keep the lat machine on...
you know what?
just pick Phracks Greyskull LP and be done with it

>>Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf%, eat healthy food you're gonna be ok

WRONG. If you aren't intentionally eating at a surplus or a deficit every day you are wasting time, I know from experience. Fuck off.

>dropsets have already be challenged on these pages, I'd consider to switch, for squats, to a last sets that's AMRAP (where you'll actually try to hit a new PR)
I am hitting a new PR with the 3 x 5...If you hhave never done high rep drop sets for legs then you should give it a shot cause they are goat.
>You always start with either Squat or Deadlift, this means that you're privileging quite a lot legs. I don't know your training age so I can't really guess if it's needed, but at least one out of three sessions should start with lats or pecs. Exercise ordering is important.
fair point, Though my squat is what is really lagging due to an injury, so they are prioritized for the moment
>Seated DB Press is next to be irrelevant. OHP Pressing with DB is very suboptimal, you'll largely decrease volume for no real benefits in this particular lift.
except the much larger range of motion and greater activation of the medial delt
>calf training is a meme
thats a meme
>leg press is the icing on the cake
for high volume leg work, what is wrong with leg press...?

that's usually after the gym. Plus the GF got tired of doing sex intervals. 40 second pounding, 30 second rest

>Also, my overhand grip started to fail on 4th and 5th reps.
Chalk.
Also, include wrist curl/reverse curl accessories. Not directly related to grip strength, but it helps.
>100kg
for 5 reps? and the app suggest you to add 1.25 kg nanopl8s per side?
add as much as you want but seriously your double pronated grip shouldn't fail at all, at least until you reach 120+kg
too early for claws and hooks
try plate curls

You anecdotal "experience" is irrelevant.

Been away for a while. What happenned to trappy?

>except the much larger range of motion and greater activation of the medial delt
ROM on deltoids is irrelevant, volume is what it counts and you're not hitting it with db.
>that's a meme
no, it's not. go cycling or run (outdoors, not on a treadmill).
>drop sets for legs [...] are goat
no, they are a cheap trick to add volume to a routine at the expense of muscle hypoxia, increased recovery times, lactic acid and cortisol spikes. but sore, they add volume.
>what is wrong with leg press...?
that it's the icing on the cake, where the cake is the over-emphasis on legs. you tried to explain that you're focusing on legs/squat after an injury, so well that's ok I guess.

Need some feedback on my Phrak GSLP routine

Mon/Wed/Fri
Bench/OHP alternating 2x5 1xAMRAP
Barbell Row/Pull up alternating 2x5 1xAMRAP
Mon/Fri Squat 2x5 1xAMRAP
Wednesday Deadlift 1x5

I’ve been doing the following accessories and want to know if I should add or subtract something;
CG Bench Press
DB Seated Press
Dips
Preacher Curl
Incline DB Press
Leg Press

Looks like some of the commenters here know what they're talking about. I can't tell if my routine is alright I've always done set templates and haven't programmed before. I'm slowly cutting and would like to work on some aesthetics now. How does this look? Of course I do cardio 4 times a week and add in abs 3 times a week.

>Monday
Bench 4x5
Rows 4x5
Pull ups 3x10
Barbell curl 3x12
Skullcrusher 3x10
overhead press 3x5

>Tuesday
Squat 4x5
Deadlift 3x5
Good morning 3x10

>Thursday
Dumbell bench 4x12
Dumbell rows 4x10
Face pull 3x10
Lateral raise 4x12
Rope pull 4x12
Rope pull down 4x12

>Friday
Front squat 3x10
Power clean 4x3
Barbell Lunge 3x10

it doesn't seem so deviating from >accessories
>CG Bench Press
not really an accessory. If you want to target triceps just place some LTE
>DB seated press
man, the only deltoids worth hitting with DB are the lateral and the read ones. You're properly hitting the anterior delts with OHP, I'd rather include db lat raise and/or db rear delt
>preacher curl
someone says it's useless, someone say it's not. follow your heart
>incline db press
not an accessory, I'd rather alternate it to flat bench if you want to put a focus on upper pecs

So currently doing PGSLP. I've been lifting for 2 months and I'm 6'2 and weigh 170lbs. I have these stats:

>DL 220lbs
>Squat 187lbs
>OHP 88lbs
>Row 110lbs
>Bench 126.5lbs

Are these okay stats after 2 months of training?

Is that a sort-of ULxULxx?
let's see
chest on Mon and Thu
lats on Mon and Thu
delts are on Mon and Thu, but on Mon is ant delts only and Thu is rear&lat delts only
triceps on Mon and Thu
legs and posterior chain on Tue and Fri

not bad, I'd consider to add more OHP and/or go for more volume on ant delts/clavicular head of pecs
at least the second goal can be accomplished with inclined db bench on Thu

I personally dislike good morning but that's me, I'd rather go for stiff leg diddly or better yet weighted hyperextension

3x10 on front squat is pretty high

>I'm 6'2 and weigh 170lbs
>2 months
Eat more and aim for at least 190 lbs, seriously.
Are those 1RM?
Novice level for 170lbs male is
DL 225 lbs
Squat 196 lbs
OHP 95 lbs
Row (pendlay) 119 lbs
Bench 146 lbs

>symmetricstrength.com/standards#/170/lb/male/-

Eat more.

Thanks and sorry for the late reply, couldn't check earlier. Can you detail your routine for me to clarify?
What I assume is, you do three days bench (3x5?), two days dead (1x5?), and then some hypertrophy exercises or what exactly?

That's what I'm having a bit of trouble to understand.

I have been doing full body for awhile now and I am cutting
Currently at 135/205/275/365 all for 3
Should I switch up my routine?

height? weight? If you're average height/weight that's pretty intermediate
whether to switch routine or not depends on how much you've been on your current routine, how many days a week you can dedicate to lifting, are you progressing or not, and so on

No they're not 1RM.
All 3x5 except DL (last set is AMRAP.)

well then it's novice level except for bench, which is between untrained and novice level
the recommendation is the same

I'm a 5'8'' 205lb manlet
I have another month of summer so I want to utilize free time

SS with weighted dips and chinups

Thanks brother

doing SL5x5 currently, bitch weight cause im a pussy
added romanian deadlifts and chin-ups, botch 5x5, as assistance for workouts A and B respectively, and some arms
its going pretty good i think

Rate much routine;

Squat day:
1*1 till 1rm
Drop to 75% and sets of 3 till reaching 1rm, increasing weight each time

OHP day;
Same as squat day
Might do an assistant exercises day once in a while with machines

Day 1: Push
Flat Barbell Bench Press
Tricep Pulldown
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Pectoral Fly
Narrow Grip Bench Press
Overhead Press
Incline Bench Press
Tricep Hammer Curls
Barbell Row
Decline Bench Press
Close Grip Push Up
Seated Rear Delt Raise

Day 2: Pull
Incline Hammer Curls
Pull-Ups
T-Row
Barbell Row
Barbell Curl
Lat Pulldowns
Incline Dumbbell Curl
Seated Row

Day 3: Legs/Abs
Calf Raises
Barbell Squat
Plank
Dumbbell Lunge
Romanian Deadlift
Weighted Sit-Ups
Leg Curl
Bicycle Kicks
Hanging Leg Raise

Cardio (30 mins each)
Monday: Stationary Bike
Tuesday: Stationary Bike
Thursday: Cycling
Friday: Cycling

PPLPPLx or some gay shit like that I don't want to take a fucking rest day

Like I said I kind of put this together so I'm but super sure what kind of routine it is. My goal is 1/2/3/4 and right now for reps I'm doing 110/145/235/250

Anyone doing n-suns here? What's your experience with it? It seems like quite a lot of volume to me.

Meant to respond to: