Is psmf a meme

is psmf a meme

No

>Calories in, calories out
That's true in terms of mass but if op is considering a PSMF he's clearly concerned about body composition. You could eat at maintenance gain fat, and lose muscle, but who would want to do that?

The science seems solid. I've never tried it so I can't say personally.

Just started Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss handbook psmf diet. I lost 3.5kg in the first week and haven't lost any strength. Been pretty effective so far but the hunger and carb craving is driving me crazy.

Did you actually try something like SS during your PSMF or are you making shit up?

I've been lifting for a couple years now but want to cut cos I'm a fat fuck.

I tried it.
went from 19.6 to 15.7 percent bodyfat in 3 weeks with DEXA scans to prove it. lost a fuckload of muscle too. obviously.

how much does a DEXA scan cost in the USA

also how many lbs of muscle loss are we talking, here

cost me about 150 dollarydoos.

lost about a total of around 5-7lbs muscle

so how many pounds of fat did you lose? 7 lbs of muscle loss seems insanely high for three weeks.

lost about 17 pounds of fat.

honestly it's probably a worse option than a water fast with no working out

You lost water weight

Why do PSMFwhen you can just fast?

my bf percent is right there.

Honestly are you fucking retarded? Do you even know what a psmf is?

It IS a fucking fast, but one where you eat ~200g of protein a day in order to specifically preserve muscle mass. It would be vastly superior to a water fast.

7/10 because you got me to respond.

>it is a fast
>doesn't actually involve fasting
hmm...

Also I'm pretty sure actual water fasting is superior for preserving muscle mass (provided you avoid working out for the duration)

PROTEIN SPARING. as in, other than protein, it is a fast.

and could you please explain your reasoning as to why you are "pretty sure" that eating no protein at all would be more muscle sparing than eating 1g per lb of LBM a day? feel free to cite any sources that led you to come to this conclusion.

You avoid all the anti-catabolic effects of prolonged fasting (such as greatly increased growth hormone production) by eating, and also induce catabolism by working out while consuming insufficient calories and having insufficient glucose stores causing enormous stress on your system.

you don't workout out while on PSMF, you lift twice a week with super low volume

Do you think Arnold did psmf. Stop overthinking

Retard.

No you didn't lose 17lbs of fat and 7 lbs of muscle, 17lbs of fat alone would mean you were on around 2800 calorie deficit. If you were on that deficit you were doing cardio, which is not advised.

Arnold lifted for years and was never a fatty, OP is probably a fatty looking to speed up the process.

I was doing 3km walks 4 days a week and lifng full body twice a week