25 year old emaciated 135 lb twig, never been to a gym before

>25 year old emaciated 135 lb twig, never been to a gym before
>my work has a machine in the staff room
>go there when everyone is gone and try to do bench press fearing the worst
>can barely even move 50 pounds

How the fuck do I recover from this humiliation? it wasn't a real bench press, it was a machine you sit at with an air compressor to add resistance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=flQZcosp2-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You've realized now that you're weak as shit. So now if you want to change that you'll have to eat big and keep lifting. As long as you try to improve yourself most people aren't going to look down on you and if you put enough time in they'll have no reason to. Also read the sticky if you want advice on how to get bigger.

The guy with down syndrome in the back of the photo looks like he benches more than the guy lifting. Now if we assume you chose this photo to represent your lifting capabilities we can then deduce that you lift less than a guy with down syndrome.

Wew.

Step 1
Eat 4-5000 kcal per day
>But I can't eat lots my tummy is owie
Peanut butter off the jar. Also fuck off.
Step 2a
Read the starting strength book, every single page, top to bottom, even the unimportant fine print
Step 2b
Select one of the following: SS, Phrak's GSLP, Izzy's powerlifting beginner program from PTW. Do it and stick with it until you can't increase weight on the bar every day
Step 2c
Don't go anywhere near a fixed path machine ever again.
Step 3
Be consistent.
BE CONSISTENT.
B E
C O N S I S T E N T
I can't stress this enough

youtube.com/watch?v=flQZcosp2-k

Tard strength man

what is a fixed path machine

What are context clues

they are when you might not necessary know what is being discussed, but you can use the surrounding discussion to ascertain what the discussion is about

Literally me, started going to the gym three weeks ago. 135 lbs, I'm benching like 60 lbs atm.

You get over the "humiliation" really quick as soon as you realize nobody gives a shit. You might get made fun of outside of the gym for being so weak, but nobody can fault you for literally trying to correct at that very moment what they're making fun of you for.

It's like the fat guy running around the outside of the track. He's busting his ass and trying to lose weight. Who is going to make fun of him?

tfw youre probably like 18-19 or younger

The fuck kind of work has a machine like this in the staff room?

its a hospital so this is in the physical therapy gym

Yeah that's how it goes. When I started going to the gym I could barely bench 95lbs for 3 reps. So, hit the gym and eat more.

Nope, I'm also 25. When I said literally I meant literally, minus the part that I'm just a few weeks ahead of you in terms of weight.

I've seen people that can't bench the bar. Start eating every 2 hours and find a coach.

Firstly the machine doesn't exactly replicate the bench press, so don't take that as indication of what you can bench. It could well be less.

Secondly, you're weak as shit. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to stay weak forever? Or are you going to start lifting to make yourself strong? Ball's in your court OP.

retards are no joke brah they tend to be strong af and will fuck your shit up if enraged

holy fugg. are you also weak elsewhere?

i do some dumbbell exercises at home (meme i know) and i do curls with ~30 lb dumbbells

>I've seen people that can't bench the bar.

What? How heavy was this bar?

45 lbs

Maybe you're the same here, but I could do a plank for like 90 seconds, and maxed out at about 40 pushups, probably just because I'm so light and have good "muscular endurance," although I can't even get close to a single pullup. Even when I used to do things like pushups every day, I would lose arm wrestling to other super weak nerds who put in even less effort.

I'm doing StrongLifts 5x5 at the moment, which has you doing a few different exercises and adding weight the next time you do them. I'm shooting through squats and deadlifts no problem, but right away I hit a wall with overhead press at just 50 lbs (this is including the bar, by the way), and benching is a similar story. I had a few free sessions with a trainer for signing up in the gym, and he basically said different people are built differently, maybe your upperbody isn't quite where it should be, but it's nothing you can't work on.

Let's do it together, user. Push weights, get stronger, and push more weights.

Also let's eat. I'm thinking of trying GOMAD.

The weaker you are, the faster you grow. You could probably double your strength in the first month, certainly the first two. Just one of those pairs of adjustable dumbbells and work out at home if you're that selfconscious, then join a gym when you're not laughably weak.

>I hit a wall with overhead press at just 50 lbs (this is including the bar, by the way),

i try do shoulder presses with my 30 lb dumbbells. i can do like 2-3 sets of 5 with my right arm and can barely even left it with my left

im really just beyond help at this point

>how to recover
Go find some protein immediately and ingest it. Then find some more and eat that shit. How is this so fucking hard?

EAT SKELETOR... EAT!!!

>SS, Phrak's GSLP, Izzy's powerlifting beginner program from PTW
Simultaneous trips, tell me if stronglifts 5x5 is also acceptable?

>How the fuck do I recover from this humiliation?
eat more

Not gonna be a fag like the other guy. Its probably what you used. The weights are essentially on rails and only move in a specified path. This reduces the need for you to engage more muscles that help you keep balanced.

See pic related. The bar and weights are stuck on rails and only go up and down.

I started similar to you OP. I weighed 123 pounds the first day I went to the gym when I was 18, only able to bench 55 pounds I think.

I can do 125 now for my 5x5 at a bodyweight of 140, but I still have a long way to go. Godspeed, OP

I'm sticking to barbell stuff personally, as my right arm is also much stronger than my left and barbells seem like a good way to even that out. If that's not an option for you, I guess always start with your left and don't do more than that on your right.

If that's the lightest weights that you have, then body weight exercises, maybe? How many pushups can you do? I had one summer a few years ago when I was still in school where I decided I'd do 10,000 total pushups since I had so much free time and was a dumb sperg. I started only able to do about 80 a day and ended doing over 600 a day by the end of the 3 months. As long as there's something to push, it'll make you grow.

How old are you now? What's the timeframe here?

nah it looks similar to this. the resistance is applied by an air compressor

>I had one summer a few years ago when I was still in school where I decided I'd do 10,000 total pushups since I had so much free time and was a dumb sperg. I started only able to do about 80 a day and ended doing over 600 a day by the end of the 3 months

nah dude the worst part is that im a shut in sperg and been one since high school. i have just been so miserable that i never even bothered doing even bodyweight exercises in my room

I'm 20 now, about 2 years. My progress is probably slower than most people, but I'm just glad I gained any strength honestly.5'9 height for reference

Why would that even be relevant?

>my right arm is also much stronger than my left
Huh, I wonder why.

I still remember my first foray into a gym. Freshman year of college a month or two in. Roommate begged me to go with him and I did. basically walked around like a retard trying to do things with light dumbbells around scores of ripped (to me at least) good looking guys and hot cardio bunnies

Then afterwards we got back to the dorm and he made fun of how weak I was to people on my floor while I was standing there

That led to the resulting 7 years of never going back to one, rather than motivating me to go there

there are no mental barriers to a retards strength so

My story is similar. I think trauma, bullying and break-ups are the best things to push you towards self-improvement, and in my case all three converged.

That I can't really help you with. After I graduated I fell into the worst depression of my life for about two years while I slowly crawled out of it with small steps. Only recently did I muster of the ability to decide to go to the gym. All I can say is move weights or your body around. If it intimidates you to do research, don't do it yet. There's basically no way to mess it up, you'll gain strength. You'll see modest improvements, and you'll get confidence.

I jerk it with my left, if that's what you're thinking.

>break ups

lucky, girls find you desirable

>not needing to jerk off with both hands

baby dick confirmed

133lb 6'0 24 years
Ohp 96
Bench: dont anymore, was 155 at best
Squat: 190
Dead: 245
You can do it user I'm all kinds of fucked up and inconsistent

Don't give up

>lucky, girls find you desirable

This entire thread has been just an opportunity for you to articulate your self-loathing at any possible opportunity, hasn't it?

Get your shit together, man. You legit sound a bit crazy, and if you stay like that too long you might be gone.

133 lbs 6 ft? wtf skelly you do not look that.

At a certain point everyone was a weak little shit (unless you have some freak genetics) just keep grinding, it will come in time. Just don't stop its like brushing ur teeth you cant just brush once a week then look in the mirror and expect beautiful white fucking teeth. You need to brush those teeth everyday mother fucker! now start brushing!

Stop being a goddamn bitch about it, u til you drop your ego you'll never make gainz

You look like you smell like dog shit.

And Wierd Al hasn't been cool in decades, get a fucking haircut.

why don't you bench anymore?

>How the fuck do I recover from this humiliation?

No need to thank me.

if my wrists are 5.5 inches, do i even have a chance to get the slightest bit big