Why did my vegan and non-smoker 38 year old sister die due to lung cancer while my grandpa died at 93 as a pure tobacco...

Why did my vegan and non-smoker 38 year old sister die due to lung cancer while my grandpa died at 93 as a pure tobacco smoker due to ageing?

This has nothing to do with fitness, fuck off

It's a health and fitness board.

Shitty luck I guess.

Pesticides in the vegetables

RNG.

That said.....if your sister smoked, one could say the lung cancer she got would have struck much much earlier, say if she started smoking as a young teen.

It was. No longer

Exceptions exist.

air pollution
did she live in a crowded city with much traffic?

I actually think people who are in their 80s and 90s and still active humans tells me they're the genetic elite, even more so if they smoke and drink at that age and still don't suffer any consequences.

Just look at how many 20 to 40 year old smokers get all fucked up from smoking......

I'd say 75% of smokers end up getting fucked up from it by their 40th birthday. Most either quit or die from it shortly after, meanwhile the top few % end up smoking for 75+ years and die above average life expectancy.

Smoking is not the only cause of lung cancer

GMOs

Your grandfather from is a time when these didn't exist so he doesn't have the same chemicals in him

Are you concerned about the genetics of the plants or the chemicals they were exposed to? Besides the lack of understanding of the difference between them, the grandfather was exposed to the same GMOs and chemicals for as long as the sister had been alive; the only difference is that his rickety old immune system is compromised by the sheer fact that he's old. An adolescent has a much easier time dealing with homeostasis via the immune system (see: inflammation) than an old shit's.

You cannot predict cancer. There is more than one reason people get lung cancer. Genetic predisposition is one of those reasons.

Hey, you ain't the boss

Nope. Manmade chemicals cause cancer. Do your research and stop believing everything shills say

He's telling you that an Old turd has a shit immune system which is a fact and even though he was exposed to GMOs for just as long as the sister who has a better immune system by definition since she is young he still is safe.

So kys you illiterate retard.

Sorry about your loses man, my great grandpa lived to 103 and smoked 2 packs a day his whole life basically. I guess anything can happen unfortunately, but your chances go up if you do smoke.

I love when smokers mention the 1 in 1000 chainsmokers that live past 70 as if somehow that proves that smoking is perfectly ok for you.

Who did this?

>Manmade chemicals cause cancer.
This has to be bait... Or a vegan..

god hates vegans

because your grandpa smoked near her when she was a kid

Genetics

>vegan

Found the answer

"...In that study, the risk of developing lung cancer was:

0.2 percent for men who never smoked; 0.4 percent for women
5.5 percent of male former smokers; 2.6 percent in women
15.9 percent of current male smokers; 9.5 percent for women
24.4 percent for male “heavy smokers” defined as smoking more than five cigarettes per day; 18.5 percent for women"

So 3/4 of heavy smokers never get lung cancer.
Also you can have the bad luck of being one of the half percent of non smokers to get it.

Probably bc this never happened

That's a crazy high percent