My gym finally got a trap bar, holy shite I have found the holy land. If you haven't tried one...

My gym finally got a trap bar, holy shite I have found the holy land. If you haven't tried one, if you get joint paint from deadlifts and squats like me, give it a go. The movement is somewhere between a deadlift and a squat (a bit closer to DL), but for some magical reason it's pain free.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2yD7frzkdCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm happy you're happy, user. I love you, buddy.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Big fan of the trap bar. I actually use it in place of squats since I injured my elbow

does your gym start with an s?

It's called a hex bar

>but for some magical reason it's pain free.
Do you have a video of you deadlifting? 9/10 when people say things like this it's because they're doing something horribly wrong.

>uses the trap bar
>is not a trap

The manlet chariot is the number one piece of equipment for that one dude who has been coming in for years and made zero progress

???

Nope, 24 hour fitness

Ok

No video, I have bad knees and a wonky hip from years of hard running. I don't blame the deadlift, but I do praise the HEX BAR for allowing me to do the motion without pain

gross

>I have bad knees and a wonky hip from years of hard running

Ahh, totally understandable. Glad you found a lift that doesn't hurt.

Instructions for proper form using the hex/trap bar?

youtu.be/2yD7frzkdCo

Whether or not it's a squat depends on your back angle. That's the beauty of it.

It doesn't train grip (at all) or traps as well but it's infinitely variable if you know what you're doing

my gym used to have one of these and it disappeared, never even got a chance to use it

tried it once in a random gym and loved it too. Too bad i never found another one

Thanks user.

if I wanted a partial movement I would clench midway through my morning shit

full deadlift is also a partial movement, the size of the plates is a complately arbitrary height from which to base or judge rom on. you can also grip from the low handles on a hex bar to mimic le patrician rom you seek. by the way partials are the shit anyway so your whole post sucks