Seeing a lot of vegans on social media saying studies show eggs cause arterial blockages and all kinds of other health...

Seeing a lot of vegans on social media saying studies show eggs cause arterial blockages and all kinds of other health problems. Is there any truth to this or have they been debunked?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/02/29/egg-yolk-benefits.aspx
medianit.com/things-happen-to-your-body-when-you-eat-two-eggs-a-day-id-have-never-believed-no-3/
youtu.be/JDhsr0w_l6g
health.harvard.edu/heart-health/ask-the-doctor-heart-attack-despite-low-cholesterol
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3504986/
health.harvard.edu/blog/low-levels-of-hdl-the-good-cholesterol-appear-connected-to-many-health-risks-not-just-heart-disease-2016110210626
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2015/06/24/ajcn.114.100305.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3603726/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23169929
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19351712
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/pdf/nutrients-06-02131.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16554528
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.549.6029&rep=rep1&type=pdf
circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23708150
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22867847
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16565487
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21422422
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lectin#Digestion_and_immune_distress
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soybean_agglutinin
youtube.com/watch?v=AHAFMFFQlkI
youtube.com/watch?v=Bie7w3tsQ80
youtube.com/watch?v=RtGf2FuzKo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good thing I consume 14 eggs per week.

so do I. 2 a day plus 230 g of eggwhites for breakfast. Who gives a fuck, so many people live to not die. I like eggs and will continue to eat them despite what some fruity vegan fag tells me.

Yes. Saturated fat and cholesterol raise cholesterol levels in your blood, which cause blockages.

Ask your vegan friends if they will stand with you against the biggest cause of colon cancer:

ANAL FAGGOTRY

In fat people with shitty diets/lifestyles, maybe.

Nice scientific studies

semen reduces the risk of colorectal cancer by 32% try again

Dietary cholesterol has been shown to have little to no effect on HDL and LDL cholesterol.

>Trusting a scientific quote from 25 years ago without checking into new studies.
Educate yourself, noobs.
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/02/29/egg-yolk-benefits.aspx
medianit.com/things-happen-to-your-body-when-you-eat-two-eggs-a-day-id-have-never-believed-no-3/

Vegans are right.
Trigger warning: broccoli nigger.
Don't watch the video and give him a view, pause it immediately and click at the research referenced in the description.
youtu.be/JDhsr0w_l6g
>I smoke 3 packs a day and haven't gotten lung cancer yet!

No, that's just wrong.

Funny thing is as well, you claim that raising cholesterol is causing the blockages, but most heart attack patients who are screened for cholesterol levels come back with normal or lower than normal readings.

Really activates the almonds.
health.harvard.edu/heart-health/ask-the-doctor-heart-attack-despite-low-cholesterol

Not against eggs, but don't cite Dr.Mercola. Guy is a fucking fraud that's been sued by the FDA and state of Illinois for tons of shit.

yeah only with people with already extremely high cholesterol aka most people

Wrong. That only happens in 3 cases:
1) some rare genetic disease that causes you to have lower blood cholesterol than normal
2) cholesterol in test subjects was measured too long (8-12 hours) after meal instead of 1-2
3) test subject already has high cholesterol. Normal is 70 mg/dL tops, egg industry funded studies use test subjects with 110 minimum

Again, cholesterol levels are not the culprit in serious cardiac events like heart attack in at least half of the cases.

not him or the op or dor mercola, but the state of illinois had its fucking governor try to sell a senate seat. I wouldn't hold them up as a paragon of ethics or non biased government.

>Normal is 70mg/dl tops.

No.

Can you give me one source that says that which isn't from a vegan blog, I can't find one.

>No
>Being smug and confident when you're just wrong
No. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
Use Google next time.

Have you ever had bloodwork done? Serious question.

I asked my uncle who is a doctor about this and he told me that as long as you are eating at a caloric deficit more often than not you are fine. Its hard study the American public because they are just fat and unhealthy in general.

Do you guys know what hdl is. They study you linked is about ldl which isn't total cholesterol. hdl is healthy and necessary.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3504986/

health.harvard.edu/blog/low-levels-of-hdl-the-good-cholesterol-appear-connected-to-many-health-risks-not-just-heart-disease-2016110210626

Being so stupid as to think that optimal ldl levels=optimal cholesterol.

You are dumb and smug.

>110 minimum
Most I've seen use people with over 200 lmao. "We found no change when adding 1 egg a day!". Motherfucker was already going to have a heart attack in a decade...

>hdl is healthy and necessary

No, it's not. There's just bad, and worse cholesterol unless total serum is under 140, and LDL is under 70. It's basically the difference between filtered and unfiltered cigs, both will kill you if you smoke too much (aka at all). Think of 140 as the "zero" for cigs. It's the point where statistically speaking no one gets atherosclerosis, or heart disease.

The only reason they call one "good" is that it carries cholesterol to the liver, while the "bad" carries it from the liver. Spoiler, both are carrying it in your blood stream and should be minimized to sub 140 total.

>citing mercola
nope.jpg

I tried to be benign and accurate. Had read a study with like 100 Danes and the minimum was like 135, and I downplayed it even further
Alas, some dense anons not only don't believe me but can't read either
Your own words:
>HDL is good
>LDL is bad
The study I posted:
>Optimal low-density lipoprotein is 50 to 70 mg/dl: lower is better and physiologically normal.
>Low density lipoprotein
>LDL
Why bother replying if you won't even read the title?

> An experiment was conducted in which 152 overweight individuals were divided into three groups. Those who were in the first group were told to eat anything the desired for breakfast. The second groups were given two eggs for breakfast, and the third group had to eat bagels each morning. The results left the scientists in shock: in addition to losing 65% more weight and 35% more belly fat than those in the third group eating just bagels for breakfast, the egg eaters had no kind of change in their cholesterol levels.

Not "in addition" but because of the weight loss. This is a common trick by egg industry funded research. Feed cholesterol to overweight people while also putting them on a diet to lose weight. Weight loss itself lowers cholesterol, so the result is either a net lowering of cholesterol levels or cholesterol doesn't change, which is pretty bad if you're losing a significant amount of weight

You have to make an effort to honestly interpret these studies for yourself, because you're not getting an honest interpretation from some media outlet, and so much research on dietary cholesterol is slanted to make eggs look better.

>a single Argentinian study of 110 people back in 1985 published in 1992
>all it takes to sway the average jewbook scholar

>tfw I eat 5 eggs for breakfast everyday

Is my heart going to explode? The rest of my diet is extremely lean, just chicken breast and broc all the way home with some peanut butter on whole grains and plenty of milk. I don't know what I'd replace my egg breakfasts with, the macros are godly.

>"Intervention trials showed a statistically significant increase in total, LDL, and HDL cholesterol when comparing intervention doses of 500–900 mg/d dietary cholesterol with control doses. Lower intake of dietary cholesterol has been recommended by some to optimize clinical outcomes or prevent incident CAD; however, there is a lack of longitudinal data (observational or trials) to support such a recommendation."
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2015/06/24/ajcn.114.100305.short
2 blog posts that don't cite any actual papers? lol

>Milk
Soy milk. No, it doesn't have estrogen. Dairy has estrogen, it literally comes from a pregnant or lactating mammal.
>Eggs
Grind up flax, chia and hemp seeds in your shakes
Learn how to tofu scramble. No, soy doesn't have estrogen. Eggs have antibiotics, growth hormones, accumulation of pesticides from the plants the hens ate etc.
>Chicken
Seitan
Tofu, tempeh
Beans, chickpeas, lentils

Did you really just tell that guy to replace milk, eggs and chicken with fucking soy?

>keto makes you lean
>saturated fats don't cause atherosclerosis
>sugar causes diabetes
damn, dummies will eat every misinfos the jews fed them

ANOTHER vegan shill thread.

Filter the word vegan and do yourself a favor.

>vegan is healthy
>soy doesn't make you a cuck
Damn...

Im sure he has your best interests in mind user
Go on, what could possible go wrong?

Heh.

Why are you pretending to not be a VG fan? If you just wanted them to read the studies themelesves you could've posted the links. Stop being a pussy.

RIP boogie

Stupid vegans, you're supposed to eat the eggs, not stuff them in to your open self-harm wounds.

Alright, You faggots ready to hear it from someone seven years deep into a vegan diet?

I used to lift everyday. I drank whey protein shakes every day. Everyday. I had acne, felt pretty good sometimes, had headaches, my farts reeked, I ate pizza a lot, I was a kid.

After a six month military program I got hooked on body weight exercises and started appreciating cardio. I ran at least a mile every other day in deep sand. Had a six pack that was perfect and lean. Still had acne, bad BO, bad breath, but my headaches started to go away.

I went vegan a few years later... Everything changed. No more acne, no more disgusting farts, no more headaches, my eyes were clear and so was my mind. I slimmed down about twenty pounds immediately. Mood elevated and I began to experience inner peace.

My time was well spent reading and watching videos about veganism, nutrition, fitness, and biology.

After years of study I cam to this diet:

35 grams of fresh local bee pollen
1 Gallon of fluoride free water minimum
2000-2500 calories worth of fresh, ripe, local, fruit
30 minutes of direct sunlight on skin

Every day. I still workout from time to time. But in all reality that above is all I ever needed and I have always found myself going back to raw. It just works.

I don't care what your diet plan is bee pollen supplies 120 different nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Micros and macros. Twenty two different amino acids(protein). Everything in proper proportions for easy assimilation. Hands down the number one thing I recommend to anyone, ever.

It's basically hydrating and carbing your cells up after you get those thirty five grams of pollen. Simple and effective way to thrive. It helps the bees too if you buy local because the bee keepers are often small scale and certainly any beekeeper worth their salt knows organic is the only way our bee friends can live. Pesticides kill bees and cause colony collapse disorder. Save the bees, save the planet, save yourselves.

>1992

Movie list:
>Earthlings
>Forks over knives

Doctors:
>Dr. Max Gerson
>Dr. Sibi

Youtubers:
>John Rose
>Dan McDonald aka the Liferegenerator

There are books out there but honestly start with this list and you will have a solid foundation of knowledge to spring from. There are some unsavory things about veganism.

Cons of veganism:
>Firearms laws are based upon hunting in nearly every country. I still believe hunting is more humane than factory farms. Some vegans are just too fucking stupid to see this though. Places like Alaska are not going to be able to go vegan as easily. They get a pass IMO.
>Soy, Corn, Wheat, Do not eat. Those are the most commonly GMO foods in the USA and GMOs are often douced in pesticides. Those foods are cheap and hence the trouble. Vegans who are ill informed will eat those as staple foods and have a bad reaction. Do not eat those GMO or conventionally farmed crops.
>Lack of options
The lack of vegan restaraunts is a pain in the ass. Nearky every grocery store in my town has organic fruit and there are like a hundred vegan friendly menuse in San Diego that are easy to find but it will get to you.
>Alcohol.
Is it vegan? Yes. Is it going to sit well when you are on a high raw diet? Fuck no. You will get drunk faster and begin craving the worst foods. I had to stop drinking all together after getting drunk and eating an entire pizza to myself multiple times. Fruit does not feel right after drinking alcohol. Fuck alcohol.

Over all I feel I have given a solid two posts and I will answer respectful questions for a bit.... There is a saying though that always comes to mind. ''You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think."

Go vegan

My point about the firearms was: Firearms are cool as fuck and I love them but a whole lot of vegans are fucking morons and think firearms and hunting are inhumane.

Yes, I fucked up my green text.

Why yes, yes I did. Is there a problem with soy you'd like to inform us about by providing sources, user?
Yeah, keep eating female mammals and drinking baby formula secreted by female mammals, I'm sure there are no hormones in them
>Why are you pretending to not be a VG fan?
I'm not, I legitimately hate his guts.
You can be a republican and hate Trump, you can be a democrat and hate Hillary. You can be a rock fan and hate Nickelback. You can be a Veeky Forumsness fan and hate cardio.
You can be a vegan and hate VG.
The fact that I hate the messenger doesn't invalidate the message. His sources are excellent, but you're welcome to criticize them
>If you just wanted them to read the studies themelesves you could've posted the links.
Actually I couldn't, I wasn't at home and I can't copy from mobile (android).
Here:
Research referenced:
Cholesterol is the only risk factor for atherosclerosis:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3603726/
Vegans have lowest risk of cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23169929
Vegans have lowest risk of diabetes:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19351712
Vegans have lowest risk of heart disease:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/pdf/nutrients-06-02131.pdf
Cholesterol and heart disease:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16554528
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.549.6029&rep=rep1&type=pdf
circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
Heme iron and heart disease risk:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23708150
Cholesterol and cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22867847
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16565487
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21422422
>Stop being a pussy.
Stop with the vitriolic attitude. Cancer attracts more cancer and the board turns even shittier.

>veganfags alway site asian diets when non vegans talk about eating excess soy and rice and how healthy it is
>asian diets also consist of eating lots of eggs
>mfw

>Is there a problem with soy you'd like to inform us about
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lectin#Digestion_and_immune_distress
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soybean_agglutinin

Soy lectins, not even once.

>I can't copy from mobile (android).
That's a fucking lie. Once again, if you didn't want 4channers to give VG views you could've just copy and pasted the links.

This. I have an asian gf and I'm so damn tired of eggs at every meal.
At least it's good bulking food but I always laugh when hearing people going "oh look at asians they're slim and they don't eat a lot of meat or animal products"

teenagers don't count

>only listing the negatives and none of the positives
Yes and eating a lot of fruit can spike your blood sugar. See how retarded just saying that is? It's best to weigh the pros/cons against each other and then come to a conclusion. Eggs are fucking fine. I'm so sick of seeing all this vegan tripe shilled everywhere.

The app doesn't allow copy paste and requesting desktop version doesn't produce the entire link text, it cuts off with ellipses.
And I told you to pause.
And I pasted them anyway.
What do you gain out of shitposting? Fuck off

you've just pulled it out of your ass didn't you?

What the fuck do you think a heart attack is? Literally by definition a heart attack is when part of the heart becomes ischemic due to arterial blockage.

I know this hasnt got any scientific backup but in my country (Spain) we have the most longevity rate of the world after Japan, and here the diet of the old people has consisted since their childhood in shitloads of saturated animal fats and cholesterol (butter, chese, chorizo, morcilla, jam, beef and a fuckload of pig in general) but these people also had a very active life (in the farm and fields and shit) along with a lot of fruits and vegetables(mediterranean diet).

>3oz of shredded carrots have been added to your account

youtube.com/watch?v=AHAFMFFQlkI

Anyone who thinks they've "debunked" basic knowledge of cardiology that has been extensively studied and proven, doesn't understand science or is selling you something and counts on you not understanding science.

m8 every chingchong and south east asian has literally eggs and some sort of shitty ass meat for breakfast, japan has non stop fish all over the place and yet they have high as fuck longevity.

As long as you're active and not Anglosaxon (US, UK, Canada and Aus) level fat you should be fine eating meats especially if you are active.

how could he, there's too much semen in there

Five times more than who?

What do you think is going to happen to that fat in the liver... hmmm

>GMOs doused in pesticide

You're not very smart. Show me sauce on GMO crops using more pesticides that normal crops. Fun fact: a lot of GMOs were developed so they could use LESS pesticides

Also

>GMOs are bad... artificial... chemicals... dirty

Youre like those people who think "natural" is better/more healthy and "chemicals" are scary poisons

>vegans in charge of not contradicting eachother

>Just one study published 25 years ago

Don't believe anything vegans or msm say for starters.

fuckin retard don't call yourself vegan when you have bee pollen bees are animals so you're eating animal products. dunce

How to be a vegan:
1. Be gullible enough to believe any alternative fact that affirms your belief
2. Disregard contradicting evidence
3. Say goodbye to your gains

I propose a new global rule. There is to be no vegan threads on any board other than a board that is to be created for those attention whoring faggots,
They contribute nothing to any board, especially Veeky Forums, where they only spam retarded threads about their silly beliefs where they shit on people who don't share their beliefs.

>studies comparing a group of people that necessarily track and maintain a diet vs the rest of the general population
>implying said studies mean anything to the actually health conscious Veeky Forums user

Just like most economic studies analyzing law, there are way too many unaccounted for variables for this to mean anything to someone who is healthy. Sure, maybe hamplanets should be vegan so they lose 300 pounds. Processed meats are probably shit and stuff I stay away from without needing a militant vegan cuck trying to guilt me into it. High quality red meat? Poultry and fish? Eggs? Fuck off. The Mediterranean diet includes a fuck ton of poultry and fish, red meat fairly often, and a lot of eggs and is said to be one of the healthiest diets. The island of ikaria actually has multiple 90+ year olds and use that diet. Want to know the biggest secret there? No stress. That's what fucks people.

>inb4 some vegan faggot tries telling me the Mediterranean diet consists of eating meat only 1 a month.

No. I grew up in the Mediterranean. Not even a city. A small village if 1500 people up in the mountains. Sure, there was a salad with every meal (either just leaf lettuce and onion stalks wroth lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little vinegar or tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little vinegar). Sure, there were days when we would only eat vegetables (peppers pan fried in olive oil, oven roasted asparagus and Brussel sprouts). At least 6 days a week though there was meat at every meal (save for a fast). The meat was either a chicken you bought from your neighbor and prepared yourself, eggs you bought from said neighbor (or just owned chickens yourself because they're pretty low maintenance), fish you bought at a market that would get it fresh from the sea, or lamb/pork/beef that a friend/family member would either butcher for you directly or would take to the village butcher and you bought it from there.

Alternately, the janitors can just move these threads to /lgbt/, /trash/, or Veeky Forums. I'm sure the faggots on those boards would be more appreciative of a gay lifestyle that kills all your gains

True or not IDGAF, still gonna eat 8 eggs every morning for the godlike protons. Get fucked vegans!

That works too

second

Quads confirms

Janitors, get to work

Giving yourself cancer is not going to spite vegans. Vegans want to protect life, spite them by taking your own.

Everything gives you Cancer these days so I might as well pick up smoking again.

>eat eggs daily
>get my yearly blood test with new Dr because old Doc is gone
>as they go through checking everything they see my current and past cholesterol levels and specifically point out how good it is
She was 'mirin.

Eggs are bad for you.

>mfw Veeky Forums will always be in denial about this

>smoke 2 packs daily
>get my yearly VO2 measurement with new Dr because old Doc is gone
>as they go through checking everything they see my current and past VO2 levels and specifically point out how good it is
>My mile time improved
She was 'mirin. This must mean cigarettes are 'ealthy

No, no. My cholesterol didn't improve, it stayed consistent for the last 5 years at ideal human levels.

It is too bad my genetics are fucking shit in other areas though.

>be vegetarian
>eggs one of my main sources of all that shit eggs have that veggies don't
I think they are way more healthy than vitamin deficiencies my man.

excess egg consumption is bad for you

guess what almost excess everything is bad for you.

What do eggs have that you can't find in other things?

When it comes to food it's true 96% of the time.

guy in here said they got mad protons dude

youtube.com/watch?v=Bie7w3tsQ80

B12, iron, DHA (omega 3), high protein and fat content without much carbs. These are in other things that I eat but only a few and not very high amounts, so I don't want to cut out eggs.

>mfw vegans avoid the best argument in the thread

This doesn't contradict what I said.
Spelt is healthier than wheat, there are wild berries that are better than orchard grown fruits, etc.

Not exactly how the Juden do this so effectively.

> 2006
Whey protein is shilled HARD, to this day every single pajeet and insecure 13 year old thinks they NEED protein powders to build muscle. Whey is a known carcinogen

> 2007
Saturated fat is actually GOOD for you meme. Literally not a single study to support this in a sea of studies showing detrimental effects of saturated fats. You probably believe saturated fat is important for making testosterone because joe rogan told you so, right?

> 2008 - present day
Cholesterol is a "building block" - what are we fucking kids playing with legos? For hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone. No it isn't, it's just something that kills you slowly but surely.

Anyways, hit me with your (You)'s and tell me why physiological herbivores thrives on animal products

The egg myths spread by poorly informed vegans are really sad to read. The egg is probably the most healthy and well-rounded food that exists for humans. No eggs do not raise blood cholesterol, it's been well debunked except anytime it's debunked some retard says "hurr durr egg industry" the same way the global warming tards blame debunking studies on the oil industry.

Stop reading vegan blogs, it's a CULT not just a diet.

>No eggs do not raise blood cholesterol, it's been well debunked

Proofs

>inb4 some quack doctors study that gets posted here all the time

FAGGOT

>physiological herbivores

You're retarded. Humans are omnivores. An omnivore is an animal that has the capability to obtain chemical energy and nutrients from materials originating from plant and animal origin. Humans have the ability to obtain chemical energy from materials originating from plant and animal origins. Often, omnivores have the ability to incorporate food sources from algae, fungi abs bacteria. Humans can do this as well.

40 a week fuuuuug I'm gonna get hella cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=RtGf2FuzKo4
I mean, it's illegal to say eggs are healthy.

>some washington kike makes inane regulation
>see see eggs are bad, case closed

...suure