If l throw punches in the air everyday until l can't punch anymore after lifting will l fight better ?

If l throw punches in the air everyday until l can't punch anymore after lifting will l fight better ?
Also thinking about buying a punching bag, idk l don't feel like joining a club but l still want to punch hard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ApbPjLnAoqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QhHR-NDcyhM
youtube.com/watch?v=wjs9a7_iQZs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no. also who's the chick

if you want to punch hard get a resistance band and do punch lockouts repeatedly and bench press+ lockouts repeatedly. This will blow up the serratus anterior aka the punching muscle.

No. Shadow boxing might help, but throwing random punches until you're tired won't.

Get a bag, and if you can't get someone to coach you, at least watch some vids on proper technique.

Punching in the air will do very little for you. You do at least need to hit sonething, such as a punching bag.

But you won't ever really get "good" at fighting until you join some sort of class, martial art, etc. and go up against other real people.

>if I punch the air, will I get better at fighting?
You've never walked in public, have you?

Get a bag. The speed gains (especially if you haven't boxed before) are insane and can be noticed after the first 2 weeks.

You also need to learn bow to punch correctly. Take muai thai or mma lessons

You might throw an efficient punch, but you will get rolled by the same people who would roll you anyway. You wouldn't learn any combinations, you wouldn't learn any footwork, you wouldn't know how to use your shoulders, knees, kicks, or wrestling. Beyond this, you wouldn't know how to wield a weapon if you're looking for any sort of self-defense. At best, you will have more stamina to beat somebody who would otherwise be equally matched, but you can endure a little bit longer because you trained shadowboxing for hours.

Ana Karoline
She doesn't show her pussy on camera though

If I do hip thrusts after fapping until I can't mov anymore - will I start fucking chicks?

Like this? lul

youtu.be/ApbPjLnAoqQ

>Punching in the air will do very little for you.
t. never punched for shit

If you throw punches in the air everyday until you can't puch anymore after lifting you will get better at throwing punches in the air. So if your goal is getting better at throwing punches in the air, then definitely go ahead and throw punches in the air everyday until you can't puch anymore after lifting.

He asked if he'll fight better, not whether he'll get into fights.

I meant gains with women in general.

This. Get a bag, don't wear gloves so your pussy knuckles get conditioned around the skin and you learn not to drag your fist across the target.

The bag can't defend for it self, you need to do sparring work to get better at fighting, so, if you want to be fast, you need to throw punches and recover from the defense, back and forth (bag or punching ball can be useful).

Well, it's the whole "crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run" analogy.

Punching in the air = crawling
Punching a bag = walking
Punching another person who is actively trying to defend themselves = running

when is the fight?

yes, you will become a master fighter by punching the air with no training or technique

it works just like how it does in the movies

>crawl
>walk
>running

Wow, get your shit together, you need to learn how to fight

>this nigga never saw avatar

No you will not fight better. You will not punch better. You will not punch harder. Maybe cardio gains. If you want any of those to improve then take a boxing or muay thai class.

I guess technically a little since your cardio will be up and your body will be used to throwing autistic punches. +1 if actually doing it with technique. It would be extremely minimal though.

Like, if we took two (You)'s and had one do that for a year and one not keeping everything else equal, the (You) who did it would be more likely to win the ensuing fight.

That being said, if the non-punching (You) went up against a guy and got wrecked, then the punching (You) wouldn't really have a much better shot.

You can learn boxing technique online, and how to use a bag. It'll help a little, but real fighting skill comes from actually fighting. Being used to punching/grappling >>>>anything else. Any martial art that is actually effective will have you sparring against an unwilling opponent.

You're asking will throwing your firsts at an imaginary target will make you better at fighting a moving and attacking target? You'll be in for a shock if you land a punch and realize it broke your wrist.

>f l throw punches in the air everyday until l can't punch anymore after lifting will l fight better ?

Holy fuck why is the average lifter on Veeky Forums so fucking retarded? Hey OP, if i take lots of creatin, protien shakes and roids do i even have to lift? Can i still make gains? This is literally how you sound.

In case you are still this retarded, the answer is completely fucking NO. Go join a club/gym and learn to fight. Jesus fuck.

The answer is fucking no user.

buy a heavy bag and watch some tutorials on youtube on how to throw punches

focus on your technique, then speed, and then the power will come.

buy 16 oz gloves and hand wraps or you could break your wrist/hand.

just doing that yes you will fight better because what average person is working on their punches and technhique for fighting at the bar? lmao nobody trains like that unless you're in the sport.

get a watch timer and do 3 5 minute rounds to start.

I have the third from left size hanging out in my shed
I go out there and hit it with shirt wrapped hands for about 20-30 minutes after each workout doing little meme combos and pretending to duck and trying to move around
Is that still not enough?
I have fast reflexes from 20 years of sports so I'm confident I could defend myself against most normies but I want to be faster and hit harder
Is there a routine for that type of bag that you could point me toward?

Ignore this faggot he will get you fucking murdered by some 50 year old manlet who knows how to fight. He forgot the first fucking rule: expect nothing.

I see People go into martial arts and shit to feel "more confident" in their ability to fight "out there". You know what martial arts training taught me? I knew far less than i realised and there are unassuming people out there that look like nothing that could choke your ass out with no problem, and you won't see it coming.

This is because, as evidenced by the average Veeky Forums retard, people tend to think for some reason they are a lot better at this thing called "fighting" then they have any idea. Everyone wants to have a go despite NEVER having fought in their lives. You wouldn't challange a decent competitive swimmer to a race in the deep end if you could not actually swim, don't think that fighting is any different to this.

Choose something you like the look of and go learn to fight properly or don't bother at all. This isn't learning to do a shit deadlift off youtube, this is technical fighting, do not just make it up as you go along you will get rekt.

no, you might also damage your fists because you are not punching properly. if you want to fight better join a boxing club

>Is there a routine

JUST JOIN A CLUB/GYM. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?

Seriously, it's like one of your normie non-lifting friends seriously asking you "bro, how do i get swole? Should i just keep doing only push ups in my garage until i cannot do anymore pushups? Any good push up routines you know of? Huh? Join a gym? What for??"

you dont need a gym to get fit. you can buy equipment and get swole at home.

maybe he doesnt want to join a boxing gym because it's too expensive and doesnt want brain damage?

he just wants to increase his punching power which you dont need a gym for...

>you dont need a gym to get fit. you can buy equipment and get swole at home.

And you know all those skinny tard faggots who watch a few youtube videos and try to bench 500lbs their first go? That will be him. He will just end up learning stuff offline and then performing it terribly because there is no one to correct his form.

>maybe he doesnt want to join a boxing gym because it's too expensive

Boxing and Judo are two combat sports know for being gutter dirt cheap. Probably less than his current lifting gym membership

> and doesnt want brain damage?

Ahh... So he just wants to get fit, not hit? Stick to the weights buddy, also just be a casual at the boxing gym, no one is going to tool you up if they know you don't want to compete. To the womens box fit with you then. There you go.

>he just wants to increase his punching power which you dont need a gym for..

But he does need to an instructor, this is not the same as trawling youtube for lifting tech. Get it right or get rekt when ahit does go down.

The brain damage comes from decades of fights and/or some real unsafe and retarded sparring.

Stop memeing and get to a proper gym or fuck off with this horseshit.

This. Veeky Forums complains about what "the normies say" but they are the fucking normies. Fucking horrorfying displays of ignorance.

what do you train in, you obviously are adept in fighting.

I'm the one you're talking shit about
I have a home gym and lift 4 times a week and am more dedicated and concerned about my form and health and safety than half the fags here with a membership
I've had three concussions from motocross and I can't afford to get casually hit in the head, I'm only hoping to get better at striking in the off chance that I ever have to absolutely defend myself
Leave it to someone who's completely anonymous to try to shit on you and tell you shouldn't make the best of what you have
Quit your talking and pay pal it up I'll gladly go to the gym of your choice

if you cant get hit in the head, I would recommend BJJ, plus its more practical for self defense IMO

You sound too sensitive for combat sports anyway. Just stick to lifting user, you are already too vunerable from those historic injuries to get into a fight in real life from the sounds of it so just take precautions not to get into trouble. Thr truth is you never know what the other guy knows, and what you don't know, is often exactly the thing that makes you lose the fight. Our best advice is before you, decide what you want to do, but it sounds like to me you can't afford to be gettig into fighta anyway and im sorry but you shadow boxing or hitting a heavy bag will probably be as useful to you in a real fight as just lifting.

I don't know if I "can't" I just know that reading about CTE scared the hell out of me and I seem to be on my way to it

No wtf. This can be learned with hand wraps and gloves. Dont listen to this kike you will most definitely regret it

just get a heavy bag and hit it.

it's good cardio and with strengthen your punches and it's fun

Don't know what to tell you user, "living kills" as the warning goes. The truthful advice is that you really aren't going to get anywhere with instructional videos. Thats the grim truth, and your circumstance regarding head injury is just unfortunate regarding this im afraid. That said, other anons suggestion of BJJ is the best of a bunch for aboiding head injury whilst still learning an effective competitive martial art. BJJ really WILL cost you though compared to boxing or Judo. And consult your Doctor first if you have concerns about full contact sports.

Seconded you're literally going to break your hand

Or get old Karate hands: Harder than rock, but cannot even tie shoe laces anymore.

>ITT: BJJ and heavy bags to get >better at fighting skills

Stop with this bullshit, all of you sound like a fat ass lazy gamer

>Stop with this bullshit
>posts facebook tier image

Leave.

Get a heavy bag and do BJJ, that way you'll learn to fight

>scapular protraction is punching

>speaking of retarded

Actually you don't and you will. Test has been proven to increase lean muscle mass pretty significantly over time without any extra daily activity.

nothing like a good training session at the gym, mate.

just got back from mt. landed a nice right hook on a much taller dude, after rolling under his jab, felt good.

later got hit in the solar plexus and had to stop for five seconds. felt good too.

>Rest from solar plexus punch

Gayest training

no but strengthening the serratus anterior is the best way to punch harder

>I'm confident I could defend myself against most normies

No John, you are the normies.

No.

>The answer is fucking no user.
>The answer is no fucking, user.

FTFY

This is Veeky Forums, no one listens to common sense. The only way anyone here is going to learn is getting their ass beat.

How useful is learning some type of fighting technique?

I plan on doing some backpacking for a while and just hit up a bunch of random countries and shit.
I'm a very non-confrontational person but say some cunt in south america takes issue with me, would being able to throw a punch save my life or should I learn how to /run/.

Pride is not an issue, I just want to survive.

If I do hip thrusts after every sesion - will I increase my endurance in sex?

1v1 me irl

Yes

I would recommend supersets of shadowboxing inbetween your Barbell Bench Press sets. For optimal results catch and maintain eye contact with a random gymgoer in the mirror while doing it. Dragging a thumb across your neck could never hurt either.

I can see mac from always sunny doing this

>better at fighting skills
"Better fighting skills" or "better at fighting", better at fighting skills is a grammatical error. Either that, or you mean better at those skills without actually being better at fighting.

so what kind of martial arts would you recommend?

Film yourself while doing it and watch it to see if theres anything to improve.

What's fun for you frankly. Always people thinking a lot about what's useful and shit in a street fight, but you don't learn a sport to fight in the street or whatever. That's irrelevant.
Boxing is pretty good, and if you like suffering during conditioning, you'll love it
Same with Karate except you'll just be hurt and not get very conditioned. Kyokushin has some pretty interesting rules however, being unable to punch the head, but head kicks are allowed. They can head kick you from pretty close and that's always surprising. I regularly cross train with one and he is a pain to deal with.
I do savate. It's nice and fast. Need a good cardio because you want to move a lot to not do sub par Kickboxing.
The most important skills you'll learn in a gym is situation awareness and confidence in a fight. Not how to throw a punch.
Take a telescopique stick with you, learn how it feels and just hit anywhere

thinking about starting to train boxing/kick-boxing
what about muay thai is it a meme?

You need to watch all of this guy's videos first.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhHR-NDcyhM
youtube.com/watch?v=wjs9a7_iQZs

Muay thai is awesome, but I don't like it myself. It has some very powerful strikes and a lot of focus on clinches.
It's a bit static to my taste (they basically don't care about distance as they have a weapon and a block for all distances) ,and they tend to not train hands a lot but well, it works fantastically.
Clinches are super fun however.
They're all good frankly. Just pick the best gym you find(and one with competitors). You won't go wrong.

Kek

>don't wear gloves so your pussy knuckles get conditioned around the skin and you learn not to drag your fist across the target.

TOP KEK!

Hands and foot movement has to be in sync.

He is right though, you are the normie here. This entire thread demonstrates that. You guys make fun of "normies" that need a sticky for lifting, but fuck me you guys are asking questions about fighting that don't deserve their own thread. YOU need the fighting sticky user, and whats even funnier is that you are so ignorant that you probably think im being too harsh and that what you are asking is not absurd at all. Read the fucking sticky user, and by that i mean get your ass down to a gym or drop this endeavor completley.

Fucking normies man.

>If I rev my car in the garage will I get better at driving?

Kek. Got em. Funny thing is, he probably thinks you are exagerrating his absurdity.

I watched some oldschool karate documentary.. these guys were saying they focus on the tricep allot because thats the muscle you use to push out / punch... so biceps dont mean shit.
my 2 cents... let me jump into my flameproof suit.

For the people thinking it's a good idea to start hitting a heavy bag without any other equipment: hand wraps are dirt cheap and there are endless videos online on how to properly wrap your hands. The very delicate, complicated bone structure in your hands will thank you.

Boxers use their whole body for punching senpai
Not an argument

I never made an affirmation you salty fuck, l asked a question

Shadow boxing will not help you be a better fighter unless you already knew what you were doing in the first place. It might help tire you out a but, but it probably just looks like wild drunk flailing at this point

This is this most autistic thing I've read today

most UFC fighters don't know how to throw a punch. Unless your mma gym is run by a guy who did some boxing before, chances are that the focus will be on kicks, takedowns and groundwork

Yeah, it is. SA will have greatest carry over to punching strength gains. Especially jabs and other punches where you can't step into the punch and the majority of punches you throw will be jabs.

Only if you connect a garden hose to the exhaust and stick the other end in through a cracked open window. Ancient family secret ;^)

>Kicks, takedowns, and ground work
All of which are superior to punches in a fight

Dunno aboutthat but serratus just might be the best and most addicting muscle to train. Holy shit, I love working out

You would be incredibly skilled at randomly flailing your arms around in the air.