Is SS really a meme? Long time lurker here trying to get into lifting (I've read the sticky...

Is SS really a meme? Long time lurker here trying to get into lifting (I've read the sticky, just wanted to know if there was anything better than SS) What is the best starting program?

just do ss with more upper body volume

PPL 6x a week my dude, SS is garbage.

squats are meme

Everything is a meme and just lol if you come here for actual information

6 days a week just to hit a body part two times. Just fucking do a concurrent full body routine and go twice a week, or do ULxUL

I remember joining a power lifting club at uni maybe 8 years ago.

I must have put on about 20lbs with that program, i gotta strong too. But there came a point where I left it and moved on. Great starting point in my opinion.

They put me on SS by the way, since I had never trained for strength before and was into more bodybuilding stuff.

Where should I go?

Greyskull LP
its actually in the sticky if you look deep
do it

>Do SS as the program is written- don't add shit. Do deloads etc.
>Move on to 5/3/1

Finally, don't come to Veeky Forums if you want actual info, try t-nation forums.

we don't know because nobody has actually ever read/tried the real SS program, we just tried internet meme versions of SS and failed with them before moving to an actual program. you may be the first pioneer if you actually read the book

reg park beginner routine. It incorporates all the compound lifts SS has but also has you working biceps and other stuff, so you don't end up looking like a tub of lard with huge legs

>5/3/1
>t-nation forums
Fuck off Jim

Any of the other thousand 2chan clones. Only redditors and niggers use cuckchan anymore, user.

I do SS but then >add shit because I don't feel like i'm doing enough

All the strongest athletes are lifting constantly everyday so whatever

Reg Park's 5x5
It's pretty much SS with some arm work so you don't look T-Rex too much.

5x5s with chins/pulls and dips are canon. Start light and perfect your form before lifts get heavy (this is the most important part). A proper form 135 bench will give you better results than struggling to lift 160 with shitty form.

It's the only program you should even consider if you can't do the following:

Squat 150% bw
Bench 125% bw
Deadlift 200% bw

5x5s create the most well rounded lifter at the quickest pace. Once you reach those goals, switch to a program to fine tune your body to your preference.

You will have a respectable physique by the time you start squatting 2 plates. Your chest will start to fill out around 150lb bench. Your back will look incredible at 275 deadlift.

Most people shit on 5x5s because they're Chad's who only care about aesthetics. In three months I was benching 50lbs more than the Chads who were giving me shitty looks when starting with just the bar.

Want bigger arms? Squat 3x a week.

Want better abs? Squat 3x a week.

Want better legs? Squat 3x a week.

Want killer shoulders? Squat 3x a week.

Want a chest worth mirin'? Squat 3x a week.

The human body grows proportionately. When your foundation gets bigger, so does the roof. It will take you twice as long to build a fluff chest on a 6 day lightweight routine. How about you just lift heavy and fill your chest out with dense muscle in half the amount of time?

Nobody is going to be impressed wth your 12 rep bench of a soaking wet 125 when you could be banging out 185 in half the amount of time. Who cares how cut your biceps look when they're the size of a small child's fist?

Who gets bigger quicker? The Chad curling 20s three days a week or guy who's squatting 250?

It's your choice. Arnold got big on 5x5s. Reg Park got big on 5x5s. Everyone gets big on 5x5s.

Seconding this, worked well for me

some of us enjoy being in the gym.

I have better stats than all the ones you mentioned and I look terrible. My biceps are also terrible because I didn't curl enough.

I think it is. SS is for those who want a good lower body but a bad upper body. I'd say GSLP is a better strength training program for full body.
If you're tiny though, don't spend too long on a strength program. As soon as you've mastered your form, switch over to hypertrophy training because your noob gains are going to be shit anyway so there's no point in waiting to plateau on a 135 bench.

Or maybe you're just fat?

SS is good, then you could do a PPLx, one intensity day and one volume day for each.

I do PPxPPLx because my legs are already big and I never really cared about them to begin with, mainly just for dem glutes. I also hit forearms and neck this day. Basically everything I miss on my push/pull. This could work better for you since it requires 5 days instead of 6.

I weigh 65 kg at 5'7.

>suggesting someone pick an inferior strength program and then abandon it when they plateau because they weren't eating properly.

If you plateau on a strength program before intermediate weights for your height then it means you're not eating and sleeping enough.

Strength programs are a strict 3 phase program. You cannot skimp on sleep and nutrition and expect to progress. You have to respect all three equally.

GSLP was developed by a Chad who fucked up on StrongLifts and cared more about arms than proper strength training. It's promotes undisciplined training (hurrr just change your plug-ins if you get bored or don't see gainz).

A true strength program is a strict 6 month process and it works 100% of the time when followed properly.

whichever routine you pick keep in mind that diet makes up about 80% of your results.

Ss fucking blows. Do strong lifts or greyskull lp instead.