Motivation

How do you guys stay consistently motivated? I want to lose weight but sometimes I find myself content with my body and though I'm motivated right now, I'm scared I'll lose that. I have depression/anxiety disorder so that can also really drain my motivation sometimes. Are there any tricks to staying motivated?

Pic related is my fat ass. I would like to lose 50 lbs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lWD9wVPwhH4
youtube.com/watch?v=jcGolVNRr7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it comes and goes. You can't really rely on it. But the important thing is to start. Start walking the path, and you build momentum. You notice changes and get encouraged. You have moments of weakness, and get discouraged. But I think in order for a person to affect real meaningful, lasting change in their life, they need to be very uncomfortable with where they're at. Not just a little nitpicky over their flaws, but downright unhappy with it. Fed up and ready to fight for what they want. To abandon the lifestyle that led you to that place and finally stop allowing excuses for yourself.

Yeah I suppose you're right. That's how I let it get to this point, just haven't cared enough. I hope I don't stop caring again but I probably will. I've started keeping track of my food on cronometer though and so far that's motivating me a bit to actually see the amount of calories I'm eating and what I'm eating. On bad days I can look back on them in disgust and then make up for it.

I wish I had some fit friends to do things with, that would definitely help.

H E L S I N K I

I'm new here and don't know what that means.

I think it comes from the commitment you make to yourself: if you're in it for the long haul, then it'll be much easier. I've been working out / exercising pretty much 6 days a week every week for nearly 2 years now. It's not always easy, but the big difference between previous years where I'd tried a gym membership or weight loss program was that I simply focused on that as a goal or a means to an end, instead of that moment where I finally decided : I'm just gonna focus on eating right as much as possible and be active as much as I can for the rest of my life.

There are days now where I feel drained, where I almost stop before opening the door to the gym, feeling like going back home and having a pizza or something, but then I remember what I had promised myself. Makes it a whole lot easier, every time. Lost 40lbs of fat, I'm in the best shape of my life, and even though lifting sometimes gets on my nerves, and I'm not always going into it with the right mood, I concentrate on how I feel after exercising and eating right: just plain better.

motivation is bullshit, it's about just doing it

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. >mfw thinking of you hurting
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting

lurk more fgt

Good point. I did feel much better back when I was eating right and exercising a lot. I could get addicted to it honestly but I'm worried I'll lose the motivation before I get to that point because it's happened before.

Yeah but you kind of need motivation in order to do it. You don't just feel like sitting on your ass eating cookies then decide to work out instead for no reason.

Wow this is very sweet thank you. xoxo

Probably will because it is a bit motivating seeing everyone's fit bodies and talking about how disgusting fat people are.

it always seems strange to me that people need motivation
i just like lifting weights man
if i wanted to motivate myself i guess i could get a pump and stand in front of the mirror
and think about how i'm physically superior to everyone else

who /4thpicture/ here?

DELET THIS NOW

It's not motivation. It's discipline.
Motivation is useful when starting and to get over humps, but discipline is required when dealing with a monotonous routine.

It's not always easy, far from it. You'll often end up doubting the methods, the results, yourself...another thing I've learned is that it's also about letting go of the feelings of guilt...when you cheat / overeat / skip / etc., don't beat yourself up. Just see it as an opportunity to work a bit harder or better next time. That makes it a lot easier, too. Once I'd learn to accept those setbacks or mistakes rather than obsess over them, I felt much less inclination to repeat them or give up.

Your ass looks pretty good. You shouldn't be working to reduce it, but to TONE it. Thats to say, if you want a firmer body then work on building muscle, not losing weight. A weight loss program will just make you skinny fat with no figure

To really judge though we need a full body picture

Speeches on youtube
A close friend or a good book
Sometimes music

I'm sorry but if you hear some shit like this and lifting isn't the first thing you think of you aint ever gonna make it youtube.com/watch?v=lWD9wVPwhH4
youtube.com/watch?v=jcGolVNRr7c

>You don't just feel like sitting on your ass eating cookies then decide to work out instead for no reason.

yes, thats literally it, maybe not for "no reason" but you come across something that changes your mind

like ths guy says, you dont "stay motivated", you stay disciplined.

>How do you guys stay consistently motivated?

post more ass

M I L T O N
I
L
T
O
N

K E Y N E S
E
Y
N
E
S

Count calories for a week. Get used to that, lower the amount of calories you eat by 250 for a week. Get used to that, lower it another 250. Keep doing that for a couple months until you are eating 1200-1500 calories a day. Introduce exercise at some point. After awhile it wont be hard, it'll just be your life.

If you have to stay be motivated then you wont make it. Or you'll lose weight and gain it all back.

go to the /fat/ general

>woman
>1500 calories to cut
>woman
>starting at 3500 calories

How retarded do you have to give advice this retarded in a bait thread of all places?

by being a recovering fatass that's lost 80 pounds doing that, I'm sure a FAT woman could easily cut eating 1500.

(checked)

Tbh females should cut on less than 1,000 a day. Fat or no fat.

Not unless that woman was above average height or well over 200lbs.

>starting
>at
>3500
>woman
>human
>anyone that wants to lose weight

There's no way to justify this.

Go run/jog/walk at your local park, especially in the morning. The birds singing and the cool air is one of the best things in the world.

Most women have a maintenance only slightly higher than that.

>not running in the midday heat of summer

Never going to make it

aight then change the goal calories to 800-1100 or some shit. I'm not a 5'2" female

Getting used to a small deficit and gradually increasing as you get used to it worked for me, eating 1500 a day feels normal when I used to struggle with getting less than 3000. Figured it'd probably work for other people better than just jumping to a 1000+ calorie deficit.

Have done that and already made it. Lost 30lbs. Too skinny now.

Btw, the post you replied to saying 'wow this is very sweet' is a copypasta.

>mfw thinking if you hurting

>mfw thinking of you eating bread

FUCK, STOP IT

Nah, I lift for white supremacy.