Skelly here, is it true SS will make you look like shit? Should I try PPL instead...

Skelly here, is it true SS will make you look like shit? Should I try PPL instead? I used to lift in hs so I'm not a complete newfag

SS is fine. Just add more chest volume and add accessories. Add cable flies to isolate chest and a bunch of arm work. Focus a lot on delts as well because you dont get nearly enough volume. I add probably 5 to 6 sets of slow control reps of 15. Still do it on TM right now but load a lot of it on volume day and intensity day. You'll look fine if you have some accessories thats about it.

Do a strength oriented routine like GSLP or SS. Realistically it wont make you look like much anything but your numbers will go up. After four or so months after you hit a plateau you can switch to whatever meme routine you wish

SS is good for building strength but it it's a bit of a meme because you won't come out of it looking like Zyzz

it also has a lot of squats meaning people often come out of it with disproportionately large calves

YANDTP

That's not bad. Right now my upper body is ottermode but my legs are DYEL. I can bench more than I can squat

If you not what you are oriented to on SS then you are not doing. Stop trying to get your way around it. Either do it right or do something else.

Hi mark.

This.

Just take a few months to get strong then do whatever you want.

Not rippetits, but common man, why is so hard to people understand:
>"Do Z for x reasons"
>"But can I do Y?"
Even if it is retarded, Rippetoe does things his style for a reason. If a person isn't satisfied with it, why not something else? Fuck, if Blahino can write a routine and be taken seriously, any beginner can do it too.

>is it true SS will make you look like shit?
Yes.

>If you not what you are oriented to on SS then you are not doing
wat

SS is good IF YOU ADD MORE ARMS EXERCISES

>If you are not doing what you are oriented to on SS then you are not doing right.
Typo. Sorry, user.

It will 100% depend on your diet.
If you honestly don't care about strength, and are currently at your optimal weight or above, AT LEAST still do SS until you start stalling on everything, just to get started quickly.
If you're under your weight, the program will be good for you, but for aesthetics you shouldn't stay on it too long.

This actually happens to me when bulking

When did SS become outdated? Why hasn't someone updated the sticky if so many fitizens think it's so flawed?

SS is bulking for most of us (unless you are 30% bf or so) so is just a bulk. Do ss, then cut with 5/3/1 then do PPLPPLX slow bulking.

It was a fraud from the beginning. Rippetoe copied some shitty college football program and added marketing. Since Veeky Forums is mostly kids without a father figure, they jumped on it like a fat girl on cake. Guerilla marketing works, guys.

>If you are not doing what you are oriented to on SS then you are not doing right.
you still a word

If you're a beginner you don't know shit. You literally don't know how to move weights well.

Until you know what the fuck you're doing you should do SS. Then after 3-6 months you'll know your body and strength and can pick different exercises you want to focus on, and add them to your routine

It's not outdated, it's a great intro to lifting that should last 4 to 6 months, the full program (with nutrition) works best on underweight teenagers... it works as written on the tin, really.

For someone older and coming back to the iron after a stop? It's still a good program to start light and get the weight up quick, but they'll very soon want to look into an intermediate routine.

I don't know why everyone slobbers over Rippetoe's cock, it's just a slight variation on Reg Park's routine. And SS is pretty imperfect of which you need to alter it anyways.

Why does it get so much love? Is Rippletits just that good of a salesman?

The sticky was made by a goon on Something Awful 10 years ago, we don't have access to it. We could always make a new beginners FAQ but the few people here who actually lift for years aren't willing to put up with smug fitness-noobs.

This is why I keep coming here. Thanks for the info everyone.

So basically, do ICF?