ABS

What's the most effective ab workout?

What's your favourite?

Are squats and deadlifts enough for abs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQF2jzZwlC8&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cutting 1xf

Damn that's hot

> Are squats and deadlifts enough for abs
I feel for this meme. Please do isolation to get abs, and go sub 11% to see them.

I love doing ab crunches in the machine, but it's the only ab exercise that I do.

Drop carbs from your diet for a month or two (obviously you need SOME carbs, i do 30 a day)

Watch that six pack roll in

post proof pics, ketofag

i found the ab wheel to be pretty good.

No. I work in a lab and that would get me in trouble kek

>requires proof to believe going into a caloric deficit via cutting out carbs will make you lose fat

The state of fit really has deteriorated with the influx of high schoolers and normalfags

those are dudes user

Duh, and?

And?

All I do are Squats/Deads/OHP/Bench/Chinups.

The most effective Ab workout is to diet.

youtube.com/watch?v=PQF2jzZwlC8&t

I've been dong this for last two weeks and can feel a difference. I added leg-raises and longer plank times. I plan to add one or two excercises to make it more challenging.

Die faggot scum

whats the point of the red lines?

No offence mate, but your abs look like shit. You really should of trained them a bit.

>I fell for the squats and deadlifts are enough for abs meme

Nigger, I was sub 12% BF for like 6 months, and didn't see any abs whatsoever. Then this summer, I started doing 10 minutes of ab isolation after every workout, and I got visible abs in like 2 weeks. The "you only need squats and deadlifts for abs" is one of the worst memes on this board.

Also 350mg of test apparently.

Do compounds really build big arms?

No they dont. They work the arms but they dont provided the constant tension and flexion that curlling provided and since curls are an acessory you can always go crazy with them and not try out your entire body.

Same applies to abs. You cant deadlift all day. But you can do 5 x 25 hanging leg crunches. Run for 30min+ and do weighted situps for reps and sets. You want abs? Work abs.

Yes low bodyfat does make them show but if you actually work core like abs youd be able to see them at 12 - 15% bf.

> no homo

Oh great constructive criticism, show us your perfectly chiseled abs that you've trained. We're all waiting to be blown away.

You only need squats and diddlies for functional abs

If you want to look like a homosexual boytoy, then yeah, go for your meme muscle isolations

>squats and deadlifts enough for abs?
Do they work abs?

you're on a board made for homos.

I don't accept a claim of success without proof of said success. I like how you take the time to place yourself higher on a imaginary hierarchy by pushing against groups of board participants you deem unwelcome. You seem really intelligent that way.

>Spotted the DYEL

Abs don't change shape completely when you work them out, they only get larger. They look shitty because that's how his insertions looks; honestly tell me they'd look better if they stuck out an extra 1/4".

>These are the same people giving advice on Veeky Forums
>They think gaining muscle will change the length, width, and angle of a muscle insertion

I didn't mean for you to take this personally. It is one of my biggest fears, to finally see my abs after many years for them to look shit.

>being this new

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you. Please don't feel like this is an attack on you.

So you have nothing to show for your great training advice. Cheers.

yeah that's retarded. You need the "show" abs for any type of athletic activity be it mma, gymnastics, running, etc.

Said board participants aren't welcome as a result of being as dumb and uneducated as you are.

>does being in a caloric deficit make you lose fat

Who knows...

>being this straight

Bro, you had a real case when you attacked the keto shilling fag, but telling someone calories in vs calories out needs proof is absolutely retarded. Maybe you could try figuring out why people say what they say. The first user probably had success with keto and found it's an easy way to restrict calories for him. Some other dude might advocate intermittent fasting or other diets that have the same effect of restricting calories. At the end of the day, you HAVE to restrict calories but whatever is easiest for you is the right way for you. Easy as that.

THIIIICCCCC

>tfw no gf to stroke you abs and pecs in the shower while you mutually wash eachother
Why even live?

kek you'd die if you tried to kill me, dyel

Those are 2 dudes, my dude.

What

They are also not washing EACHOTHER in this particular webm, your point?

This may sound crazy, but abs do more than just keeping the core tight.

nigga ketard wut? pic of your six packs will get you in trouble?

I heard lots of experts and non-experts say weighted situps and situps in general fuck up your back.

Should I worry about such things if I'm just a DYEL who would do them 2-3 times a week with relatively low weight?

The calories in calories out part has nothing to do with keto. People add in a a calorie deficit with keto because keto itself is fucking terrible.

Try getting your calories from anything other than carbs. It's a BAD diet. For STUPID people. I know, because I've tried it. It's a BAD FUCKING MEME. Don't do it.

yeah mine also make ur mom wet lmao

Leg lifts.

You aren't bulletproof are you gayboy?

>Are squats and deadlifts enough for abs?
NO. It's a meme. As soon as I started hitting abs directly my obliques blew up and I noticed a huge difference in my physique . don't fall for memes

So people can't reverse image search :).

Thanks mate. I'll be sure to do insertions 3x5. Also I'm not on juice so I can't get the dry look that most fitness models have.

Nope. My Traps wouldn't be such a weak point if I was on juice :(.

>roiding for that
Kek what the fuck nigga your abs are sagging like they actually look sad.

digits confirm
me too

Not him, but people who do these sports have big visible abs that are not only for show and don't really base their training around squats and deadlifts

Bruce Lee ab workouts are the best for abs

How come my arms are skinny as fuck but i have a podgy stomach?

this is why you shouldn't bother roiding if you have shit genetics

>should of

Yeah and I'm a girl so it's OK

This

Compounds don't work out abs.

He wasn't giving advice he was just saying they looked bad. They look better than anything ive got but could use some work man thats all

Yes, they do.

Mate, you look absolutely amazing but no way that's natty

Wtf your abs look like a fucking speed boost

I like assertive tops
post your body

Just do the old fashion crunches, bro.

No.

I don't understand why there's people failing for this.

Because Rippletits says it
And he's right if you don't care about showing off

>underrat

Decline is shit house. Do reverse or at the very least normal ones

Why do reverse sit ups when you can do good mornings or stiff legged deads?

Two philosophies when and are concerned:
>squats and deads use abs a lot, so I don't have to train abs!
>squats and deads use abs a lot, so I need to train abs to improve my lifts
I subscribe to the latter.

Hanging leg raises

Cable crunches

Bitches rub my abs while I fuck

Because they work completely different areas?

Reverse sit ups when you're laying on your belly on the inclined sit up bench thing?
I think we're thinking of different exercises

Yes, assuming low body fat obviously.

Is this an apple fritter or someones abs?

Buy a letter opener and stick it in your skull

Gay

Your core is honestly under developed. You need to do some oblique work.

>All I do are Squats/Deads/OHP/Bench/Chinups.

also gear, list it you lying faget

No idea why people say I'm on roids. My chest is flat+depleted, my Traps are awful, and my shoulders are undeveloped. Don't mistake good lightning and camera filter for gains. I'm only 180#s for being 6'0, and that's only because my Legs are huge and make up a huge portion of my mass. Too bad no one gives a shit about legs.

I've logged every calorie I've taken for 585 days. I've never had a cheat meal, and I'm miserable from the lack of fats/carbs/calories. I cut out booze, I don't do anymore drugs, I just work/gym/eat chicken+broccoli+shiritaki noodles, and then sit at home. If I was roiding, I'd be a hell of a lot more than a vascular DYEL. I used to do a ton of ab shit, but I never got anything from it.

Depends on angle/lighting and if I'm flexing obliques.

Even the hands? Still, good lookin abs. Mirin.

How did you lost the weight between march and july 2015?

Reverse sit ups as in lay on your back and bring your legs/knees up

Was like March 01 and July 30th - Basically 5 months. I cut about 2lbs per week. It was pure hell.

kitchenxF

Did you just decrease food/kcal intake or also throw in some cardio/supersets?

I tried it too and lost 60 lbs and had abs before falling for the bulking meme. Keto is great. There we go, contradictory anecdotal evidence.

Just diet. I found if I did cardio or anything else, it just made me hungry. Like, burning 200 cals in cardio would spur me to devour 500cals of food, etc.
I ate around 1800 for six months straight, while lifting heavy compounds 5-6x per week. Really some of the darkest and most miserable times of my life. A lot of time spent wrestling with my inner demons and willpower to get my hunger under control. But I was with a girl I really liked at the time, and I wanted to be shredded/make her wet more than I wanted to eat, so I was able to do it. Pathetic, probably, but whatever. I am who I am.

The muscles are doable natty.. maybe.. but the shreddyness, the photoshopped vacuum sealed looking skin, that's a dead giveaway that hormonal fuckery has been afoot

People say you're on roids because you look insanely lean and vascular. You keep responding with "the red flag muscles aren't huge" (traps and shoulders). You may not be on test, but I wouldn't find it weird if you were on clen or maybe you've done DNP or something. I'm not discrediting you, I'm saying what I see. If you really are natty, you know it yourself and that's all that matters.

>low bodyfat means roids
Veeky Forums everybody

I am underweight and I do a lot of cardio because of my sport of choice. Should I eat a bit more if I want abs or should I maintain? I am currently doing ab exercises 3 times a week about 20 minutes worth.

You probably don't need to. Perhaps get more protein in your diet if you think you might not eat enough of it.

Easy enough. I can do that.

>You keep responding with "the red flag muscles aren't huge" (traps and shoulders)

Except he's always posing to minimize his traps. His delts are awfully close to that tell-tale cannonball shape. My guess- he's aiming for a career as a "natty guru" and doesn't want to get caught frauding

>>low bodyfat means roids
>Veeky Forums everybody

It's not the low bodyfat, it's the insane photoshop look. This is one of the things educated people know to look for. At a minimum, clen or DNP

actually those insertions are aesthetic as fuck idk what these people are talking about
kek

Are you retarded?