QTDDTOT/SQT

For all those stupid pointless questions you don't wanna clog the catalog with

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01DLDIA90/ref=twister_B01LZ985QH?th=1
youtu.be/ZTqFp1PltyU
youtube.com/watch?v=bbNA17KjBzU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I think I fucked up my leg or something at work. The area on the back of my leg towards my ankle is extremely tender. Moving my ankle around side to side hurts as well.

What did I do, and what's the best thing to do about it? Wrap it?

Can I make gains on 6-7 hours sleep?

I won't have access to a gym for 3-4 weeks, what bodyweight routine should I do to keep my gains?

I am a fatty who never did any sports and has no muscle mass.i started to cut and doing cardio every day until I lost enouch weight to start bulking and lifting.
I do this so I won't get frustrated if I start lifti g o a cut and don't see any results. Am I doing it wrong?
Fyi I'm rowing for cardio.

Do you wipe the bar after you use it?

Oh god, I just read what I wrote. Sorry for the typos. Have another pic tho.

Put some ice on it or something. If its a really sharp pain you might want to see a doc.

Yes and the bench. Just watch what everyone else is doing.

That's what actually happens to a fraction of people like the one in the first panel. That's no excuse for not improving yourself but there actually are people out there that don't like normie shit.

if u fat, go on the eca stack, eating a 200-300 calorie defecit of your TDEE, and continue with cardio / high volume weight lifting.

when you are finally at a baseline / feel comfortable with your body, begin to eat maintenance/surplus again, cut back on the cardio and make your weight lifting more intense.

if you are overweight, try to get skinny and 'toned,' first, then gain back weight with lean muscle mass.

i see hella chunky guys at the gym that are lifting heavy, but they still have high body fat and i don't think that's what you want.

the too long didn't read: lose your flab by doing a mix of cardio, high volume weight lifting, and supplement with the eca stack/calorie defecit of a reasonable amount like 100-300 calories. after you've lost the chubbiness, start lifting heavy and eat at a maintenance.

I got Veeky Forums and started going out a lot more, still hate people in general desu
Better than being alone though

is PPLxULx an okay routine after doing SL5x5 and getting sick of it?

specifics are:

>Push:
BB bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline BB bench 3x5
DB lat raises 3x10-12
rope pushdown 3x10-12
overhead DB extension 3x10-12
DB shrugs 3x10-12

>Pull:
Deadlift 3x5
BB row 3x5
Lat pulldown 3x8-10
seated row 3x10-12
face pull 3x10-12
bb curl 4x10-12
db curl 3x10-12
chin ups 3x8-10 (deficits if can't get to 10)

>Legs:
BB squat 4x4-6
Leg press 3x10-12
leg xtension 3x10-12
hamstring curl 3x10-12
standing calf raises 5x10-12

>Upper:
bb bench 4x5
incline bench 4x5
face pulls 3x10-12
db curls 3x10-12
bb curl 4x10-12
front db raises 3x10-12
weighted push ups 3x8-10
>might add/change some exercises depending on how I feel on upper days for pump & fluff because I like to look good for the bars on fridays

Lower:
>repeat of leg day

So is that okay? is it shit?

oh also I guess I should add I changed to PPLxULx instead of PPLPPLx because I felt that a 6 days/week was too much because my recovery game isn't that great

How do i become a cute girl.

High volume = 3 x 15 or so?

Kek this

Yes. Minimum of 7 is ideal for adults. You could also take supps that will help you get more REM sleep. It's more so about getting quality sleep over duration. Cardio, hormones, surgeries.

I'm having a hard time growing quads. Any helpful tips for beefy legs, except eating a lot and squatting? (Since I'm already doing that)

What are some good sleeping supps?

Are you making progress on your squats?

So if I'm trying to bulk should I still do a couple short cardio sessions a week? Assuming I eat enough to make up for it wouldn't it benefit my lifting sessions by increasing my endurance?

> is it shit?
>b-b-but why?
Because you're a retard that sees all the meme shit in the gym and thinks he needs to do/will gain any benefit from it.

Can I still make gains if my sleep schedule is fucked but I manage to sleep in the afternoon?

Does it need to be night sleep?

Are these ok for heavy lifting?
amazon.com/dp/B01DLDIA90/ref=twister_B01LZ985QH?th=1

People reviewing them say that they're ok but im not sure if they actually lift a lot

How much progress can you realistically make as a natty lifter? As in how much do your numbers go up for the main lifts per month or so.
Because I feel liuke my progress is really fucking slow.

Really depends on how much you're eating and sleeping, but on main lifts, such as squats and deadlifts I try to increase al least 15lbs per month

yeah fer sure.

like, take the barbell bench for example:

warm up: no weight, 20-30 reps, fast, wake your arms and body up. stretch out for 30 seconds.
set 1: 25 lbs 10-15 reps.
set 2: 35 lbs 10-15 reps.
set 3: lmao 1 pl8 7-10 reps
set 4: 25 lbs 15-20 reps, fast (call it your drop set.)

or something like that.

this is what i do currently anyway, but with different numbers. 5'11" 165 lbs, 5RM on the bench 185lbs. everyone gets stronger.

Having better conditioning means better recovery between sets (effectively increasing work density, which is nice) as well as between workouts. And of course it's also good for you in general. I say keep doing your cardio, just don't overdo it.

You can make gains, yeah. But I'd make it a priority to fix your sleep. It's important for a million things. Long-term your brains suffers otherwise.

Depends on a million things. The farther you are from your own individual genetic limit, the faster you'll make progress and vice versa. You're unlikely to ever reach the point where further progress is 100% impossible. But you may reach a point where you're no longer willing/able to do what needs to be done to progress further.
There's be many times where you won't see progress at all for whatever reason or where you'll even regress. Enjoy your slow progress (although you should still aim to optimize shit of course)

But im getting maybe like 7-8 hours of sleep, does it really matter if it's in the afternoon?

Im about to start SS and was wondering what bf% i should aim for. I read somewhere that 20+ is too high and

Im about to have septum surgery in a couple of weeks, this will fix my airflow problesm which will fix my sleeping problems.

can i expect a gym performance increase from this?

I can't seem to do deadlifts with ptoper form if the weight is above 45/50 kg, I alwayd tend to arch my back.
Should i get myself a powerlifting belt or just stick to low weight ?

I have pain behind my knee on the back side of my leg when i bend my leg completely. i cant figure out what it is or if im good to squat today. its almost like my calf and my ham are squishing something between them. anybody have this?

i put the red circle where i feel it. it will hurt a little bit at the bottom of a squat rep. but it hurts a lot if i kneel down on it quickly or close the angle of my knee.

Try going with a foam roller over it, especially when its painful.

ill try that rght now

Belt won't fix that. You have to know what it feels like to have a flat back in the set up and through the lift. There are many ways to go about it.

certainly your ability to recover from stress will improve, allowing you to work harder in the gym. If your recovery improves and the stress stays the same, you won't improve unless you were overtraining to begin with.

15-20 is better for strength progression

how often should I deload, my lifts are going up very slowly and was wondering if a deload would help even though my lifts are shit

will I make better gains if I do this shake daily?
youtu.be/ZTqFp1PltyU

Mike Israetel says 1 week for every 6-8 weeks training iirc in the context of hypertrophy. What is your progression, what's your program and how difficult are you finding it?

no reason to deload unless you are plateauing.

How many sets of deadlifts per week would be considered optimal without risking FUARKING my shit up?

it definitely feels better. im kinda curious what it was though. maybe a tight ham or calf? weird though

1x5 twice a week.

I have huge mantities what do?

Not really a question but more of a problem. My friend does quarter squats. I tell him its going to effect his knees later down the road but he keeps making the excuse of being too tall and that tall people can't go lower. His form is just bad in general. Knees cave in and ankles go inwards. I tried to stop him from going to snap city but I think thats where he is heading to without regret. He keeps saying how he can move up in weight despite the bad form.

The fuck is Psyllum Husk for?

Shitting?

Same thing happened to me with a friend, he was ego lifting a lot, compromising his form and not going completely down.

Tried telling him but he didn't listen, now im just waiting till he snaps his shit

I don't think this will apply to you, but if I ran my 1 rep max, I'd do a set of five of those then drop weights, doing as Many as I could until failure (I was doing from 1 plate).

I could only do this once a week. When I was doing working weights, 250, I could do 5x5 twice a week.

Answer depends on how ablebyou are to recover from a session. Youre going to have to figure this out, because it varies with everyone.

insoluble fiber does wonders for shits.

Real question that doesn't deserve its own thread here:

I've noticed that the university gym I started going to, guys have an issue with me going into the aerobics room. These guys usually have their girlfriends along, doing their thing in separate rooms. Usually, this happens:
>start my Routine way before they come
>they arrive, I either nod or say hello (it's a small gym)
>guy does his thing in the weight side, girl beelines to the aerobic room.
>finish my routine, go the the aerobic room to stretch and do farmers walk.
>guy pops his head in a million times, and looks at me once every little while.

I've talked to these guys, and they're pretty alright. But why is this happening only at my university gym?

Brehs, I've been doing SS for the past 4 months, with some success. Squat 120kg, dead 150, bp 70 (lagging, I know), ohp 50kg.

Thing is, I just got a bicycle for work commute, because public transport in Britbongistan sucks goat dick. 5 miles each way, some hills along the way. I just got back from doing the trek for the first time, scouting out the best route. I almost died, my cardio game is weak as fuck, and my quads are already on fire.

There is no fugging way I can continue to squat 3 times a week like I used to, and cycle 10 miles 5 days a week, is there? Should I drop the squats completely? Seems like a pussy move. Regular cyclists have monster quads anyway, so can I get away with squatting only once a week or so?

maybe they're insecure cunts and are looking at you to see if you're checking out their gfs.

this is my routine, my bench and ohp is the only thing I care about so I try to focus on those

Why shrugs aren't on pull day?
What are face pulls for?

You might be overly paranoid, man. Maybe you only notice them checking on their girls because you are also in the room? And they would do it anyway, regardless of where you are at the moment?

Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug, and correlation =/= causation.

That being said, if they give you the stink eye or start being overly alpha/pushy, then you might have to smack a bitch.

Can I please get some commentary on this.
Am I doing something wrong? My gains have been all right. Note that these are only main meals.

Sets depends entirely on intensity. 1 heavy day a week is enough if you do volume deads. You can look to Sheiko programs for what a volume deadlifting day looks like.

cut weight if you can afford to

you can't make a horse drink

if you don't care about gains then sure

>running a program written by a weak gay man pretending to be a man pretending to be a girl
You didn't answer my questions so I can't help you

woops

I use an app to count calories. If I were to buy a bag of chips or something similarly unhealthy and I added the calories of the entire package at once, but ate it over several days, is there anything wrong with that? It would mean less time spent measuring properly sized servings.

>if you don't care about gains then sure

Goddammit. You really think my gains will suffer that much? Its only 40 minutes of light-moderate cardio a day, shouldn't take too long to get used to it. I'm just worried I'll burn out/won't recover if I try to do it alongside heavy ass squats 3 times a week.

How come I feel like i'm not really getting a good workout?

I'm fairly new and I feel like i'm not getting the most out of my workout. I do get burned out and exerted, but sometimes after my work out I don't feel sore or any kind of pain. It makes me feel like i'm not doing enough. However I usually work that same body part until I cant anymore.

Didn't stick around for yesterday's answers?

If you count your Calories based on the week rather than the day this could work but would leave a lot more room for shitty diet than a day-by-day counting would. My advice is to stop being a lazy faggot it takes 30 seconds to weigh your food

Squatting 3x/wk is obviously the best option. Squat as often as you can recover from. If you care about squats and deadlifts more than bicycling to work, you'll cut the bicycling down rather than the workouts.

Because you're probably not getting a good workout, get on a program.

Just do your routine and keep progressing lil nigga, you'll get to heavier weight soon enough. Once you start pulling 160kgs on the deadlift, and squatting 120kgs, you'll feel satisfaction after a lift. Guaranteed.

Also, what do you mean you work the same body part until you can't anymore? That's not the way to do it, young one.

Can you stand on tip toes on the affected leg?

If no or it's painful go see your doctor. Could be a ruptured Achilles

medial traps/ posterior delts /back

shrugs can be any day, like calves

What's Veeky Forums think of Alan Thrall? Specifically his high bar squatting form, is he right that you should only go just below parallel + letting your knees go over your toes?

btw. He recently made a vid on how low bar is supposed to be way better.
youtube.com/watch?v=bbNA17KjBzU

>Because you're probably not getting a good workout, get on a program.

What's a program?

>Also, what do you mean you work the same body part until you can't anymore?

Regarding my reps, I do a certain amount and sometimes I can't keep pushing. Even though my muscles can't do anymore, I still don't get sore.

A program is training plan of exercises, sets, reps, intensity, rest times, etc. Find a program and stick to it.

How much can your body weight fluctuate when losing it?
Say, I go down to 84.5, then go up to 85, sometimes 85.5, etc.
Considering that newb gains are just CNS adaptation rather than muscle gain, how do I interpret it?
Do I only care about the weight avg at the end of the month? (say, the avg of the last 3-5 days) or should I be going by the avg of the week, each week?

I'm lifting again after some time, and it's the first time that I had to cut while regaining the lost strength, so I'm not used to cut while on newb time and it's been hard since I'm progressing quite fast up to my previous maxes, if I go less than 15% under TDEE I'm tired and dizzy as fuck while training... but 15% is not that hard on the cut, so if I can't be strict (due to eating out because of work) I fail and rebound like .2-.5 kg that week.
I'm not using creatine, so less water retention.

I mean, it's working, but I'm kinda plateauing the closer I get to stalling a bit.

Yesterday while doing squats my lower left side of the back started hurting, I managed to finish my workout but it still hurts today when doing certain movements, why could that be and is there a way to alleviate the pain?

>be fatass
>haven't exercised in a long time
>get frustrated today and bang out 10 miles on the elliptical machine
>feel dizzy and want to throw up but feel strangely good

If I keep this up on a regular basis, will I start getting in better shape? I'm obese right now and can't even make good form for squats or deadlifts.

I'm too autistic to go to the gym, and have an elliptical, treadmill, and pull-up bar in my basement, with a few assorted dumbbells. In you guys' opinions, what is the best set of exercises I can do at home?

Ibuprofen at max dosage & frequency and ice for 20 minutes every few hours. Take a few days off training and when you get back to it get a form check done. Nip it in the bud the best you can before it becomes a permanent problem.

>If I keep this up on a regular basis, will I start getting in better shape?

If you keep being a fatass who excersises only every 15 months when he realizes he's fucking up his life?

well no, you will if you get a stable proven routine

No, I meant "regular basis" as in 3-5 times per week or more

>stable proven routine
Do you know of any good ones that can be done from home with limited equipment? I skimmed the sticky link, but it seems more focused to gym-goers

I progress weight when I get 3x5 of the weight on the compound, I find it quite difficult as I do extra exercises on top

>be 20 yr old who has full time job and pays for his own shit
>Took a gap year and went to Utah to ski since I love to ski more than anything else
>It's been a year, been skiing and lifting and I've enjoyed it more than any other year of my life
>Realized I would be perfectly content doing what I did last year for the next 5-10 years, no cares, no responsibilities other than job, myself and GF
>Parents, who I love want me to go to college since I'm capable of it, but hate studying
>Realize while up late one night that I only have my young body for another 10 or so years before major decline occurs
>I don't want to spend that time on college, I just want to spend as much time as I can doing what I love, which is skiing
>Parents tell me I need a college degree
>Tell them that I truly love to ski more than anything else and want to do it as much as possible while I'm young
>They tell me that they were worried about this and we'll talk later

What do, I never expected my own parents to tell me not to pursue what I love. I'll get a degree and a career later, but what's wrong with enjoying the only time in my brief life doing what I love while I can?

go to college part time? fall for the stem meme though or don't bother at all

>Didn't stick around for yesterday's answers?
I checked the archive, didn't see anything.
What were yesterday's answers?

Thanks for the advice, already took some paracetamol and got ice on my back, I would be going back to the gym on monday if it were a normal day, should I skip that day? By check form do you mean deload + finding the problem, right?

Finally got my bodyfat to a point where I can feel and slightly see my abs and my insertions are asymmetrical as fuck. Do I kill myself now or after I see myself on a cringe thread?

Post it my dude. Not that many people have perfect abs.

Skip it unless it feels 100% on Monday. Wednesday should be far enough away for it to have recovered. A form check is recording your form and uploading it to have someone else address problems that might not be apparent to you. If you have to drop more than 10lbs to train you need more time off.

Tbh honest I'm same

>was studying fulltime for year and a half
>became disenfranchised by my university due to various fuck ups from them
>am now working fulltime, making $34aud/hr.
>is enough money for me to pay rent, eat well and have weekend holidays
>don't think I'll go back to uni unless it's part time
>but parents don't know
>also in stem

doing bodyweight until college starts back to get access to a gym for cheap enough.

60kg 6ft currently eating at a surplus so i have something to build off of.

My question is what would be a good program to start with for a beginner who never walked into a gym before? goal is mainly hypertrophy

Is there such a thing as a pull-up bar that doesn't require a door frame nor holes being drilled into my wall?

am I overtraining, is this too much volume, what should I do instead of my goals are hypertrophy and strength

ABxCDxx

A
barbell bench press 3x5
ohp 5x5-8
weighted dips 4x6
reverse grip bench press 3x12
dumbbell skullcrusher 3x12
hammer curls 3x12
dumbbell curls 3x12
lateral raises 6x12

B
squat 3x5
weighted chin ups 3x5
dead lift 3x5
row 3x8
dumbbell curls 3x12
barbell curls 3x12
cable curls 3x12
lateral raises 3x12
leg extensions 3x12

C
ohp 3x5-8
barbell bench press 5x5
weighted dips 4x6
reverse grip bench press 3x12
dumbbell skullcrusher 3x12
hammer curls 3x12
dumbbell curls 3x12
lateral raises 6x12

D
dead lift 1x5
weighted chin ups 3x5
squat 5x5
row 3x8
dumbbell curls 3x12
barbell curls 3x12
cable curls 3x12
lateral raises 3x12
leg extensions 3x12

Ive been thinking of taking dbol, any advice/warnings you could give me?

Lol I can't believe people are this delusional, you honestly think that you'll be able to pay for college after you've spent most of your life skiing? First off, each year away from learning things makes you more retarded, secondly, a good degree in STEM is ~50k at a decent college, more at a better one.

Or you can work in the factories and have a shitty blue collar job in which you work your ass off for 12-14 hours a day to make ends meet and never ski again.

Or you could do like me and get a stem degree while you are young and want to travel, literally I get to pick and choose where I want to live, if you like skiing there are so many Construction/engineering jobs in Montana and Colorado that need filling and you'll get paid 100k+ with 45 hour weeks

Get your degree and get an easy job, then go ski, don't be a fucking idiot, your parents want you to be happier later in life, yeah the next 5 might be fun, but the next 40 after that will be hell, also you're 20 so you don't know the pain of being the only unmarried guy in your group of friends and how much children matter when you stop being a fucking child.

Best of luck and don't be stupid

I hate studying, I'm good at it but I hate it. The thing is that all my family has at least a degree and my parents keep telling me I have to go to college in order to be promoted at work. They're right, but I don't care too much so long as I have enough money for rent, food, good health insurance and a ski pass. I don't have a car, and don't really care. I just want to utilize my healthy body while I can to do something that I enjoy and find fulfillling.

I just don't see the point in wasting my youth sitting in a chair doing something I could do 10 years from now.

>I never expected my own parents to tell me not to pursue what I love
That phrase right there: "Pursue what I love." You know of the phrase, but you don't know what it means.

What it means is, "Pursue a career in something that I love."

Skiing is not your career, is it? You don't plan on making money off of skiing, do you? If not, then you're not pursuing what you love. You're just enjoying a hobby -- and there's nothing wrong with that, but you gotta think about where you'll be twenty years from now. You'll have skiing. You'll have lifting. But you won't be as good at either as you were before; you won't be getting as much enjoyment out of them as before. And your job will be nothing, just something you do to pay for your hobbies.

You don't want that, trust me. Figure out what you want to get paid to do and pursue that. Enjoy skiing/lifting in your free time.

I work as a personal banker, I won't get promoted any higher now, but I make 22 dollars an hour, which is plenty for me for now. Also the bank would pay for me to go to college

Cheers for the vote of confidence man, not quite brave enough to post yet but looking at the pics now they definitely could be worse.

Well if they're really as bad as you say they are, Veeky Forums isn't going to lie to you. Just crop your face out if you're really that worried, we're all on this board for one reason or another.

I know you guys are right, but for me to do stuff, I can't seem to make myself study. I tried summer courses and it was hell going back to school. I hate learning about pointless bullshit to get my A's, like how moral business is, or isn't. I don't want to do more math, and I can't seem to make myself do the studying now.

Probably stupid question

If I'm doing a PPL routine that doesn't have any dips and I want to work in some sets of dips, what would be the best day to do them?

It'd be "push" day, right? Given that's the day I mostly work chest and triceps (bench, tricep pushdown, etc.)

Also I got dubs followed by trips, so you better do it now.

so i'm drinking protein power and lots of water but i'm still getting constipated, any solutions?

>60kg
yeah bodyweight workouts won't be effective. Program is up to you, most people say to do a novice strength program for a few months before switching to a hypertrophy program. Starting Strength, Phrak's Greyskull LP, Greg Nuckols 28 free programs.