SS and Couch-5k?

Based on my research SS and running don't go well together. You either do one or the other.
'Tis true?

Do whatever you want, just make sure you eat enough. SS isn't the route I would personally go, but then I don't know you and your goals. Give it a shot, it can only not work

No

If you're overweight you'll be fine. If you're underweight you'll need to eat a little bit more to compensate once you start running more than 20 minutes. Eat healthy, lift heavy, and do your cardio.

do not do SS. Find literally any other routine (Besides stronglifts 5x5, which is a rip-off of SS)

We need more info OP. What is your goal?
A good 5k time? SS is a terrible idea
You're fat and looking to get into shape? SS and running (or any cardio, find something you like) is fantastic.

Wait a minute. I do SS and if i try running right after, my knees start hurting. Obviously its my form when running but I seriously can't do SS and run on same days.

why?

Do GS LP instead, SS just sucks ass

To be stronger, but not elite athlete strong. I don't know about 5k time, just as long as my cardio is in good shape. BMI is normal, not obese or underweight.
Also
>SS is terrible
>SS is fantastic
what?

please explain why?

because the fat idiot that made it thinks you can work every muscle in the body by just doing squats and deadlifts.

SS and SL works your lower body too much and does nothing for your upper body, even if you supplement it with chin ups like meme-lords suggest. I'm guessing you want to look good also on top of getting stronger

>pic related, the result of the average SS user

phark's or classic ga lp?
also it seems like these programs put less importance on lower body. isn't that bad? looking good is nice and all but if your core/back/legs aren't properly trained then you're just all smoke and mirrors, no?

Just start training Olympic lifting and rowing then

SS was created by a guy who could squat 600
GSLP was created by a guy who squatted no more than 250
pic is a typical gs lp result

Zyzz only squatted like 205 for reps.

Seconded.

I did GSLP+C25k and it was almost a bit too much. Squatting heavy twice a week AND running three times a week is a LOT of work for the legs when you are untrained - and if you're doing a noob program and couch-5k then you are untrained. But at least you're only squatting twice a week and not three times, and also doing diddys just once per week, so it's easier than SS.

It MIGHT work with SS if one eats at a surplus, but I was at a deficit and barely made it work with GSLP.

Instead of shitting on a routine, why don't you take the time to explain why another routine would be better along with some results to show...

SS was created by a fat old guy who cares only about how much he squats.
GSLP was created by a young handsome dude who doesn't give a shit about how much anyone squats, but wants to be muscular and get pussy.

SS is great if all you care about is strength and getting it fast. You eat a fuckton and lift heavy on the Big Lifts and do nothing else because the Fat Texan says you can't (just chin-ups I guess).

GSLP mixes the big lifts from SS (at lower volume) with accessory work and also calisthenics, plyometrics, HIIT and LISS. It's flexible enough to adapt to both weight-loss and a bulk as well as different training goals. It's a general framework more than a program.

t. reddit

Are you guys talking about classic grey skull or or some sort of variant of it?

Fuck.

Please tell me this is not true beacause i wasted about 4 months on SS and almost killed my knees doing cardio.

What program will make me look good?

Idgaf about squat PRs, just aesthetics.

Yes that is true.

That's absolute bullshit. Running 3 times a week at a snail pace for 20 minutes each is perfectly doable on SS.
Chances are that if you need C25k you can't run that much anyway.
You guys are fucking delicate bitches

t. Rex