ITT: Post THE WORST fitness mistakes you've experienced

ITT: Post THE WORST fitness mistakes you've experienced.

>believing in dirty bulking
>believing in "bad genetics"
>cheating on diet consistently

I always dirty bulked and thought I had "bad genetics" because my body was hourglass and I had love handles my entire life. Once I finally did a clean, full cut, I saw my obliques for the first time and also attained a nice v-taper that was just hidden away under there for years and years. You feel like a new man.

Didn't count calories for the first 3 months and just ate a lot on a bulking
I was 1000 calories behind

Anyone who thinks dirty bulking isn't real doesn't have the dedication to do a real cut. Miss me with that faggot shit.

I still make this mistake all the time.
I'm always afraid to push my upper boundaries.
>but what if I hurt myself
>I'll just do what I'm comfortable with.
And everytime I actually push myself, I'm like "Wow this wasn't that bad at all".

Gotta keep pushing

I'm sure your massive love handles look very manly.

There's a limit to the amount of muscle your body can gain at any given time. Eating a stupid amount of bad food won't make that limit any bigger. Those six months when you're cutting and making no gains, people on a clean diet are still lean and still gaining.

Miss me with that fatty shit.

I fell for the don't skip leg day meme now I squat 110kg and bench 75kg

>I made gains but still have fatbrain
Miss me with that mental disease
>lacking dedication to always eat clean
>being proud of it
Back to misc fuckboy

is op's picture shooped?

>Those six months when you're cutting and making no gains, people on a clean diet are still lean and still gaining.

?
do you understand bulking/cutting ?

I don't think you do, you subtle retard.

You seem to believe bulking massively will give you more gains in shorter time than bulking cleanly and carefully. The body doesn't work like that, Superman.

That shit dangling from your arms is fat.

technically he's right...you're going to maintain being lean while putting on muscle if you're eating clean and a low calorie surplus. if anything, maintain BMI because you're a dumb ass if you truly believe your body is as simple as basic laws of thermodynamics.

>Hand hangs to knee

What the fuck are those proportions

>spending money on sports supplements

>WORST fitness mistakes you've experienced.
I was not constant at the gym for 6 years. This year I'm training hard and for the first time in my life I see good results and feel comfortable with my body. Anyways I pushing forward and explore new limits my natty routine can bring.

I've started getting a v taper on a bulk. you can also still kinda see my obliques. I've gained 40 pounds. You're retarded and don't know to cut or something.

Not starting sooner

Not talking to the regulars at my gym and instead being an autistic asshole whenever they try to talk to me

Newfag to Veeky Forums here: what's a dirty bulk?

Eating whatever to get your calorie surplus, like junk food.
A clean bulk is when you eat properly but just eat more of it.

>>believing in "bad genetics"
Are you trying to claim people can't have bad genetics?
I'm sure people with genetic diseases will love to hear this news.

If you're on a diet to gain muscle, it's called a bulk. In order to gain muscle on a diet, you must eat more calories than is necessary for your body to maintain your current weight, which is called a surplus. That is the bulk. There are several ways to do this.

Dirty bulk refers to eating bad food, like junk food, in order to eat that higher caloric amount, and generally people go on a 500 calorie surplus or so. The goal is to put as much muscle as you can rather quick and then cut later, because you'll also have gained fat.

Clean bulk refers to eating healthy food and going on a smaller surplus, of about 300 calories, with the goal of mantaining a lean body and putting only lean muscle tissue on.

The misconception is that, in a dirty bulk, the weight goes up faster (both on the scale and in exercises), so people think they're ganing more. That's untrue when you also factor in the fact, which is useless. In a clean bulk, it appears you're gaining less and slower, but you're at a much steadier peace. Plus being healthy and not fucking with your metabolism is generally good.

>That's untrue when you also factor in the fact

the fat** obviously

I was under the impression that dirty bulk was more like eating at a ~1200+ surplus or more accurately, whatever you can shove into your hatch every day (which is most often junk food).

dude if you dunno what you're talking about, just shut the fuck up

dirty bulking means going way above your usual 250calorie surplus, creating unnecesary fat

clean bulking means sticking to that 250 calorie surplus

i've been dirty bulking for 20+ years, it worked. im strong as fuck.
just im also fat and full of stretchmarks on top of it

>tfw I also bulked too hard
I went from skele mode to skinny fat. I can tell I've gained muscle but the fat hides it too much. Bulking on more than a 300 calorie surplus is a meme.

ok.... I mean that's fine

post pics and stats

Calisthenics
Jail is gay

I just started lifting and I can only do 10 reps of 85 lbs on BP but I can squat 160 for 10 reps. My squat is obviously weak as fuck in comparison to anybody here but it still feels like some sort of incongruity. I took a year of hip-hop dance classes before starting so that might explain it.

What do you mean by constant? How often did you skip? Feeling anxious because I had to skip chest day today because it was my GF's birthday, but I'll make up for it tomorrow. It just feels like I'll regress or some shit, but really it's just my autism.

Eddie hall, is that you?