/fat/ - New thread; new links Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Prev thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mTABw0EyIWY
youtube.com/watch?v=S990kHLMVFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=mTABw0EyIWY

v informative

Good evening everyone, what did you have for dinner?

>um
>uhhh
>erm
>uh
>you know
>lip smack

10 minutes in he hasn't said anything that isn't common knowledge in these threads. ctrl-w

how many of you /fat/izens lift?

2 burger patties, strip of bacon, lotta lettuce, sour cream and chive, half an avacado and some cheese.

How do I fucking measure the calories in rice? It's ~200 calories per cup but does that mean if I cook a cup of uncooked rice, the whole batch will be 200 calories or do I have to scoop out a cup of cooked rice?

350 calories per 100 grams dry mass, like most grains.

About to cook a garbage skillet, probably jalfrezi, with chunks of pork shoulder and a random assortment of canned/wilting veggies, with spinach and a kiwi as an appetizer.

Currently on bodyweights, but may go back to barbell starting next week since I'm joining the Y.

6 days a week doing PPL

Pizza, I'm so sorry /fat/

CONFESS

forgive me holy father

I hate fatties and come to these threads to laugh at you

the usual , veg , egg , red sause
cabbage , broc

I went on vacation this week and ate so much disgusting fucking food every single day. I was doing great before and lost 60 lbs on keto. I feel like a fat fuck, I am a fat fuck. I want to kill myself.

I plan on doing that in a few months

It's the worst feeling in the world. I can't wait to get back on the grind tomorrow. I gained 10 lbs. In a week.

I ate some lean steak with a few eggs

Most of that is water weight, youd have to eat like 10000 cals a day for it to stick around. Just eat at more severe cut for a week if you're worried about it

oh a week?
I was thinking one day
no holds barred, enough to make me never want to do it again

help a brainlet out

i am 23% bf and i weigh 85kg

how many kilos of fat do I have to lose to be 15%?

i had an otter pop
im so sorry father

They sell otter meat?

I had to take steps to stop myself bingeing at night

I don't like doing that because it's an admission that I lack self control
but it's the end result that matters, right?

That's the responsible thing to do. Why set yourself up for failure just to satisfy your ego?

It's not just ego
it's about being in an environment that I control. I won't always have that liberty.

Taking a break for the week since vacation. I am ready to go back hard after this week since I have more time to workout

are you not scared that you won't feel like returning to the cut afterwards?

yes I'm projecting, that thought terrifies me

I think I'm slim enough to go swimming now and not feel like a fatty fat fat

Nope. I feel like my attitude and feelings towards food has changed that I don't think that it's going to change much.

Besides, I have a goal to reach

12, but you will probably end up having to lose ~15.

I thought I was 20-15% bodyfat, just realised I constantly suck in my stomach.

You can train your impulse control without putting your diet at risk. If you start practices like meditation now you can prepare for for trouble ahead.

Not sure where to post, so I guess I will do it here. When do I stop cutting? Im keen on playing contact sport next year, so I am not lifting for aesthetics purely, but still wanna look decent. I was thinking of cutting until my waist got to 32 inches (82cm)? Or maybe 30 inches? And then after that bulk until my waist is 32 inches or so?
Height is 181cm btw

>tfw nothing to confess

yesterday when I got in from work I was snacking like a man possessed
still under my limit, but it shook me how I was just so hungry for no reason

tonight was fine, just had a bagel and been alright all night

funny that

Ate 3 slices of pizza

I feel like shit and wanna kms

hit 2200 today, feels bad man

then again i'm 313 lbs so that's probably still a deficit for me. i just don't like going over 1600 since i started.

if I had to start over again I'm not sure I could do it

2 slices of vegetable pizza with a glass of coca cola and a chocolate bar after it because i put extra red peppers on it.

half a can of beans

>1680
Jesus Christ the hunger pains. I've already consumed all kinds of water and it's not helping

I've been sub 1300 for close to a month

900-1100 here.
Sounds like you're never going to make it.

fuck I usually overwork doing body weight exercises and then I just stop working out entirely.

rinse and repeat multiple times per year.

I've been lifting for years and have a lot of muscle mass that needs to be fed. I'm still losing,infact I'm under 200 when I haven't been this weight since middle school,27 now.

None of that has anything to do with your current lack of ability to make it.

I'm under my TDEE by 800 calories. I'm gonna make it, you don't have to like it.

have girls been treating you different since you lost weight?

>fell off the wagon for a few days
>meal prepped most of the day today
>back in the saddle as of tomorrow
>big fat keto feast of low carb bullshit tomorrow at 4pm
>start my new routine tomorrow

gonna be good, lads.

>1 litre of oil is 1kg

that's only water you bell end, stupid cunts

That's better.

Eat some celery, almonds, and apples. Even if it puts you over a bit, it's better than going full binge thirty minutes from now.

I only binge once every 4 months. Mine was Friday, i ate like a fucking pig. Back on track, my next binge is thanksgiving, also during Christmas I'll eat 300calories above maintenance. I have self control, 80 days of no fap to boot.

Zyzz ain't die for dis

he said "about", faggot. what is rounding?
no one cares about the last 0.457kg or whatever

>Eat 2000 calories, plus weight lifting, plus cardio every day
>Losing weight like a fucking beast I'll go from 200 to 160 in no time.
>2 months later I hit 174lbs
>Been stuck in this range for 2 weeks
>Decide to go commando and cut to 1500 calories
>Gained 2 pounds today

WHAT THE FUCK IS MY BODY DOING!?!?!?

Anyone try out any creams or supplements to help with loose skin? I'm already drinking a bunch of water, but want to try other things along with it.

keep it up lads

I keep binging, especially on weekends. Any advice for stopping this? It probably is just due to my low willpower but still, every little helps

Spend less time in the house doing nothing, where you are tempted to give binge. Start going places and doing shit.

Can I trust my supposedly smart scale from lidl about my bf% ?

How do they even measure it with just some sensors on my feet

>had to travel
>8 days away from a scale
>can only count calories w pen and paper
>starts to eat at TDEE because I feel fatigued all the fucking times and can't walk w my family
>had pizzas 3 times, ice scream twice
>feel like fattening up
>wake up today, finally at home
>take the biggest shit i ever took in a long time
>almost clog the bathroom
>end up losing almost 1.1kg
>I just lost 1.1kg by eating more

I think i'll stick to eating to TDEE instead of being totally retarded w my calories, be careful how little you're eating anons, maybe that's why you're stressed all the time and can't lose weight.

lads I weighed myself for the first time after starting cutting 1k+ (for ~2 weeks) and I dropped from 238 to 225.
Is it normal to lose way faster at the beginning? I just bought a new scale so maybe it isn't calibrate right because it doesn't seem right.

I've weighed myself on 3 scales, and each says the same weight (within a pound) but the BF% fluctuates as much as 4% (21% vs 24%.) The scales send electricity through your body and measure resistance. What I've decided is that the actual % doesn't matter. What's important is seeing that number go down. I weigh myself throughout the day and know that my scale is consistent.

I lost 13 pounds. Mostly water and glycogen. It's nice to see the scale go down but you won't see any difference in the mirror. Stick with it. This is a long game.

>you won't see any difference in the mirror
Yea, that's what confused me.
>Stick with it
I plan to, if not for my sake then for my wallets.

Good point actually, thanks mate

what was your routine

Maybe it's all going into muscles? Do you feel better, do you look better? Don't go ascetic on your body just because it doesn't immediately give you the result you want.

I've started doing some weight-lifting about 5-6 times a week since June to finally get my body into shape. I'm still eating a bit of ice-cream everyday because 'tis the season, so it should even out while getting me more fit as I transition into the school year (tutoring, lots of travelling everyday).

I lost about 2kg this week.
(I say about because I went for a piss before weighting myself, which I usually don't.)

Omelette & fishcakes

What are the benefits of exercising other than burning calories, i.e. would I be no better off if I worked off 500 calories by exercise but ate an extra 500?

I had a nasty ass cold hit me like a freight train on Friday, on Saturday morning I lay on my couch just wheezing, all I wanted was comfort food ... but I fought off the cravings... my head was throbbing, mouth felt dry, nose endlessly streaming...

I just gave in in the end, I didn't buy any junk food or chocolate but just ate a ton of toast+butter+jam, crackers+butter and felt better for all of 20 minutes and then was full of snot and self loathing.

excersise will not make you lose weight.
diet will.

>Which I usually don't

So you include a bladder full of urine into account when weighing yourself, BMI and TDEE? etc?

I thought basmati rice was only 100 kcal per 100 grams.

user are you me?
I'm the user from yesterday that came here asking for help about my cold. Shit, I felt everything your described...It was a mess. I didn't eat anything more as I had my last meal of the day before, but I managed to find an aspirin and pain reliever in my mom's room and took it before passing out.
I feel better this morning, though a bit heavy headed. No more runny nose, which is a great plus I admit.

I started weighting myself first thing in the morning every monday, so eh.
It's only 200~300 grams off anyway.

I can barely fucking do 5 push ups.

I want to be able to do at least 30 push ups. What should I do?

keep doing them until they turn into more pushups.

i lost my gym membership last summer and haven't lifted since then. i was almost out of beginner lifting mode, too

So how much does weight fluctuate? I should've lost around 1kg by now (yes, I'm counting calories notoriously), but the scale only shows -0,2kg.

Weighing with same clothes as always, after toilet and always in the morning.

I haven't interacted with a female outside of supermarket cashiers in the last 10 years.

Depending on the exercise you do, cardio or strength training, you will improve your cardiovascular health or build muscle. Considering your are fat, you are also out of shape, so you want to do both of those things.

Being skinny is good, but if you still can't do anything physical it'll suck.

>what should I do?

More push-ups. What possible answer could you have been expecting that you needed to ask that question?

Nobody will say that excersise is bad for you. The problem is that fatties associate excersise with losing weight. Stop this and you'll help them heaps.

Go do chest at the gym amigo

lose weight
keep doing pushups

>tfw went from not being able to support myself in pushup position to doing sets of 15

They don't do nearly as much as you think they do, better than nothing though.

You must suck shit at maths

How long since you started? Could be water retention or other factors like change in diet

>They don't do nearly as much as you think they do
What are you talking about? Push-ups are one of the best resistance exercises you can do.

One excellent trick to boost your push-up power is to do the girly push-ups where you support yourself with the legs. It helps build arm strength, so that you can do a full push-up. Once you can do a perfect form push-up, just do those instead.

I went from nothing during high school to a hundred easy with this method to get the ball rolling.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=S990kHLMVFg

A lot. like 1-2 kg a day sometimes, might take you a couple weeks to see any actual progress on the scales, even if you are doing everything right.

Not saying they are bad, I personally just felt like they were doing a LOT more than they actually were, doing like 80 every other day at 210 pounds had me feeling strong as fuck, but then going into the gym and can barely bench 100 pounds for reps. Real reality check.

They did get me chest muscles for the first time though. That was pretty cool

Do 5. Pause. Do 5 more. Pause. Et until you've done your 30.
Then the day after do 10. Pause.
Gradually you'll manage your goal.

What kitchen scales are y'all fatties using?

Also,

>can only walk run at the break of dawn since I hate people watching me exercise.

anyone else have to do this to?

/newfat/ here, should i go for a ketogenic diet?
I've got titties like the maiden in the picture has titties.
Is oatmeal still a good breakfast option? In fact, is there any good guide for fat-rich meals?