Mom and dad are going to start making me pay $500/mo to live with them soon

>Mom and dad are going to start making me pay $500/mo to live with them soon

It's really happening guys. All of my gains are finished. I'm done.

Fuck off and get a job you useless waste of space.

Fuckin normie

Fuck you neet

Good. Now you have to leave the nest and live on your own. They want you out.

I'm only 21

Kys

Wow typical normals

(((parents)))

>tfw i'm 21 and i'm paying $500/month rent to live in another state for my internship for the whole summer

OP you faggot, get a job and make yourself useful. Future you will thank you.

Time to leave the nest then OP. Doesn't mean though that your parents aren't stinking jews, making their child pay them to live. Are they poor or something?

is this an american thing? i've only heard this shit through the various american media

in my culture, we generally take care of family no matter what. parents take care of their kids as long as they can (within reason ofc), then kids take care of their parents when they reach a certain age and they need care/company, then this cycle continues. obviously the expectation is that lazy fucktards don't abuse this system of support and care.

Are you Asian?

Americans are loud, obnoxious, and don't respect personal space out in public. Parents act like this 10 times worse to their children, only manchildren can deal with living at home past 23

You'll thank them one day.

Time to grow up, boy. Adulthood is beginning. Eventually you'll move out and have your own place. You might even get to see a vagina in person if you play your cards right.

Good luck you little shit.

I will never move out if I have to pay so much.

I wish my Dad was still alive.

>21 and still lives with parents.
fucking neets I swear to god

bingo bongo mah nig noggo

Ah yes tell me more about how you moved out at 15 normie

Today you earn enough to pay them. Tomorrow you earn enough to pay them plus save. Tomorrow after tomorrow you earn enough to get a place of your own. Keep at it.

Lel I got mortgage at 20 years old. I have already paid 30k€ out of it, about 87k to go. I was anxious to leave my parents at 16 already. Seriously you must be a computer nerd if you can live with your parents when you start getting pubes.

And what's your job big guy?

Electrician. Granted I had saved like 15k already to get the loan and pay it upfront. I don't earn big bux, I just don't spend it on stupid shit constantly and I invest what little I have so I think I will do ok.

I did. Was sent to Bording School at 15, got a job at 19, studied at 20, earn 95k a year by now. All that being a fucking weird vidya playing shut in virgin.
Now the gains are my neyt goal. Whats yours?

How did you do it

Studied math and became a teacher.

>95k a year
>teacher

okay buddy

This happened to me and I live in Norway.
This IS taking care of your family.

Stop whining you little bitch. Get a job you useless cunt.

Pretty much this. It's strange to the destruction of the nuclear family at such a core level. Everyone here shits on living with family as if it makes you less of a man.

I am 26. I have lived on my own multiple times with zero help from the folks, but several times I've been asked to move back to help with finances or help while my father was medically disabled (heart attacks). It's a tough reality but we all need help sometimes, even those that raised us. Even my girlfriend who is accomplished and owns a salon lives with her parents so that she can save more and help them pay bills. I personally pay rent, pay utilities, work, cook dinner most nights and do the yard work on the weekends. It's fun and fulfilling to spend time with my folks as they age, I don't know when they'll pass and it's good to get face time in now before I move out soon and get a house with my woman.

If you live at home, work, contribute to the household and participate as a family why would you ever consider giving finances and effort elsewhere until you were ready to start a family? It could possibly be our deep Italian roots, but this was a traditionally American notion (the nuclear family) up until maybe 2 generations ago.

Who the fuck said he was a teacher? Did you ever learn to read

>"Studied math and became a teacher"

This is also very big in latin american culture.
Many kids will live with their parents until they either marry or have saved enough to move out and live on their own comfortably.

Independence and self sufficiency are, for better or worse, central American values. It's the reason we prefer cars to public transportation. It's the reason we leave our families and are willing to suffer financially in our youth in order to feel like we're on our own. It's the reason for both our determination and our resilience, as well as our stubbornness and arrogance.

>>I will never move out if I have to pay so much.

Because you value your comfort more than your independence. Let me guess: you find women intimidating, you think networking is trying to weasel your way into someone's good graces to get a job just because they know you, you believe there is such a thing as a job that is beneath you, and you've never changed a flat tire on a car. How'd I do?

Depends on the district, depends on specialized skills. My wife's best friend has her masters in deaf education and is fluent in sign language and makes a little shy of 95k in an affluent suburb in Cali teaching middle school math to rich deaf kids. Unlikely, but far from unbelievable.

Then I've got some bad news son.

thats expensive rent, youd pay less living in many other places with a roommate or two

It wasn't the norm until post WWII, when the GI Bill helped veterans buy houses and created the suburbs. Boomers rode out that wave. Gen X was promised the same lifestyle but the older Boomers restructured the game to pay for their own retirement and pet social programs. Now Gen X and the Millenials are holding the bag trying to live up to an impossible ideal while the Boomers have their last laugh, and the next generation is going to put us all in the gas chamber to fix the mess and start fresh.

All of those are correct. I'm a kissless virgin and don't even know how to drive.

Assuming Three people in the family unit.
500 USD x 3 = 1500 USD monthly cost upkeep.

This may or may not be a good deal depending on the actual cost of maintaining the home.

Also depends on the price or rent/mortgage payments for your area.
21 years old is younger than when i had to start paying rent (started paying at ~23 years old, am now 27), but i think it's reasonable.

Eh, I mean he's family. But it could be time for him to help his family unit survive.
That's what men do.

I feel the love.

They don't want him out, they want some help.
Helping your family unit survive is one of the greatest pleasures of being a man.
Providing 101

It depends if leaving makes more economical sense, rather than just paying 500 a month instead.
Depending on the type of relationship you have; your relations can be better with family as compared to a random landlord.

I'm American, but my father came from immigrants of the Dominican Republic.
Family is an incredibly important value in Dominican culture.

I think people get brainwashed by the fantasy mainstream media portrayals of what you're "suppose-to-do" when you get older.
You guys probably already know about the economic realities millennials, and how more and more live at home.

Don't fall for the Photoshop life.

It's just me and my father here in this 3 Bedroom/ 2 Bathroom house.
We both sat down, and totaled ALL expenses to maintain the house.
Then split that in half. I pay one half, and he pays the other.

Incredibly common, and nothing to feel shameful about.
Do you get your values from TV?
Or did you have a good upbringing?

I agree with what you wrote SO HARD.

Very true. Speaking from experience.

>tfw i pay $1000/month to live in a shithole one-bedroom apartment surrounded by niggers and beaners
i'd pay $1000/month to live back at home with mummy desu senpai

Wtf where

a city.

fucking kill me NOW

Move slightly further from a city?

if i move further from the city then i have to drive to work.

here's my situation:
>live ~6mi from work now
>can bike to work in 25 minutes
>or can drive to work in 1 hour in horrible traffic each way, 2h of my life wasted each day
>move farther away
>stuck in traffic for 2 hours each way, 4h of my life wasted everyday

i fucking hate HATE HATE cities

I commute. It sucks but you get used to it. My mortgage is less than most people pay for an apartment, and I have a yard and a garage, don't share walls with neighbors or have to deal with a landlord telling me how to live. I prefer to spend 90 minutes a day in my car if it means I don't have to feel like a guest in my own home.

>only makes 95k
Top fucking zozz I made over 150k when i was 16 mowing lawns you fucking faggot step your game up moneylet