I saw a documentary on a guy who literally got paralyzed while bench pressing...

I saw a documentary on a guy who literally got paralyzed while bench pressing, he was holding his breath like we normally do and suddenly some vein in his brain popped now he can barely move or even talk

How does one avoid this? Anybody heard of this? What is it that went wrong

creatine overdose

Don't worry about shit like that. If its gonna happen its gonna happen.

Literally like a .000000000001 chance of that happening

Is that what happens when you eat too much salt?

Just check your health if you're having some regular headaches, dizzyness or high blood pressure.

Every waking moment of your life you're rolling the dice of getting an aneurysm and dying on the spot

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't pop from bench pressing it could've popped from sneezing or just having a big ol shit. Nothing you can really do about it.

>tfw sometimes get headaches after deadlifting/holding my breath too long in general while lifting
a-am I gonna die?

>about 20% of the population in the US lift weights
>at least 50% of them bench press regularily
>32mio people bench pressing
>1 got injured this way
>1/32000000 chance
>0.00000003% chance of this happening

It's safe to say, it's statistically impossible you'll ever get injured this way. There's a higher chance you'll win the lottery twice in your lifetime.

When you take creatine
Or are not vegan
Or wear basketball shorts to the gym
Or yawn between sets
Or De-spa-cito is playing

probably not die, but you could definitely faint . just don't hold your breath too long user.

>Or yawn between sets

I actually almost fainted once when I tried for a deadlift PR, my hearing and vision were already disappearing but I managed to keep it together

Wait, you people hold your breath during lifts?

I eat too much salt and there's a small part of the back of my head around the neck area that feels like it's going to burst whenever i lift too much. Am I fucked?

By breathing out on the way up. Like, who holds their breath the whole time?

Is it normal that I am a bit dizzy after heavy deadlifts? And clogged ears

Yes.

right? I exhale on every rep.

Sounds like poor form.

>lowering your blood pressure while doing anaerobic exercise.
ISHYGDDT

>losing thighness
>leaving pounds on the gains void

>tfw i used to hold my breath when i jerked off and got blinding headaches and blacked out momentarily

I was a bit of a retard when I was younger

Yes it's normal, half the population has one of you. And don't worry about the clog, you get flushed out every month or so.

I don't know why I can't get my breathing right on bench. I always hold my breath for the first 3 reps then will take a full breath in and out at the top of my 4th and 5th. Any tips?

pretend the bar is a coach telling you how to breathe properly.

did it feel good tho

>500g

if the load is so heavy that you cant do it without holding breath you should lower it before something funny happens
better safe than sorry

>deadlift without holding breath

What did he mean by this?

Lick my tushie you smartass

Probably had high blood pressure or something.

Anyway, there are any number of things that could hurt you in all areas of life but there's no point worrying about that stuff.

probably more chance of you getting run over crossing the road or randomly having a heart attack while sitting around desu

I still do that, help me to come faster :^)

Quads for quads!

don't hold your breath, unless you're competing

One time I drank two pots of coffee and a large energy drink, then immediately went to a steaming hot shower and masturbated furiously. I almost passed out, my ears were ringing and I could feel my heart pounding.

I've felt lightheaded before, but only while setting up for dips (i'd take a deep breath before jumping into position). Never had it happen otherwise not even while deadlifting.

I never hold my breath, I sound like a train almost when inhaling and exhaling, I do those heavy exhales and inhales to remind myself of breathing.

Used to hold my breath on deadlifts then I would almost pass out when doing PR so I started breathing out halfway in and it got way easier.

lol I got those coffeine pills, 1 pill is 200mg and I took like 5 and then I had two redbulls and some pwo, jesus christ I thought I was gonna die. Got a sick pump tho and also an explosive case of the shitters

Like a blood clot in the brain? Unpredictable, you never know if it is coming. Strange way to die, but it os what it is.

>What is it that went wrong
Probably an aneurysm.

1 in 50 Americans have an unruptured brain aneurysm, they're basically ticking timebombs that millions of people live with.

A heavy lift could easily cause one to rupture.

Fug

Shoo, shoo gains goblin!

dont hold your breath faggot
BREATH THROUGH YOUR BALLS

I'm guessing your doing the valsalva by your trying to inhale on the way down. You may thing your doing it at The top but your core isn't tight yet and you start lowering it. Take a full breath at the top of every Rep and hold it though the whole thing.

It's probably trigger points. I was getting pain literally deep in my eye socket and it turns out as soon as I massaged and stretched my jaw muscles it disappeared instantly. I also used to get splitting death migraines after doing high rep squats. Same thing, unbelievably tight trapezius and neck that instantly stopped hurting my head as soon as I massaged them.

And yes I know the diff between muscle and other types of pain. I would literally black out from how much it hurt sometimes. Trigger points are fckin real folks. I was so happy when I figured that out.