Ranting thread, because I'm autistic.

So here's my gym:

>no olympic barbells
>no parallel bars for dips
>no belts, no straps, no bands
>no decline benches
>five treadmills, FIVE, and not a single other cardio machine
>rusted equipment, including the shit 10kg bars
>no safeties for anything (bench press, rack...)
>there's only one squat rack, and it bends when I leave the loaded barbell on
>absolutely braindead trainer can't teach proper form (not the worst of problems but seeing newcomers break their knees when squatting is triggering)
>30€ a month on offer, 45€ normally
>no one sees a fucking problem with it, it's considered the best in the area

I'm probably leaving things but you get the point. The other "decent" option is a 24h gym one hour away from here, but even that one doesn't have olympic barbells or regular shit.

As you have guessed, I'm from EU. The thing is, I'm not in a shithole, far from it. In fact, it's a highly touristic area and tons of buff dudes come to my gym, lots of bouncers, dancers, etc...

To you EU people, how are your gyms? How's the quality and price? I refuse to believe this is the norm, even when everyone tells me "dude stop complaining is the effort that matters not the fancy equipment". Fucking morons, some day I'm going to snap my shit on that rack, I can't even do proper dips for fuck's sake.

Thanks for reading my blog, leave a follow.

tl;dr - My gym is overpriced garbage and I wonder if many people train in shitty places.

Other urls found in this thread:

totalfitness.com.pl/ochota/galeria/
southampton.ac.uk/sportandwellbeing/activities/snow-sports.page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You go to a shitty gym. Nothing to do with Europe mate.

I pay €180 for yearly membership and have a perfectly good gym. Many better (and much more expensive) ones in my area too.

70% sure you´re from Germany.

UK here. I pay £16 a month.
>2 deadlift platforms
>powercage, rack,
>6 adjustable benches,
>2 incline, 2 decline, 2 flat, fixed
>dumbbells going up to 60
>normal+bumper plates
>shitload of olympic bars
>shitload of treadmills, stairmasters, shitload of rowing machines, bikes, etc.
>shitload of specific machines
>resistance bands, belts, rollers, kettles, etc
>trapbar, shitload of different other bars
>calisthenics/stretching areas
>Young, nice staff, full in the evenings, EMPTY before 4pm, people are actually nice
And much much more!
Also, by the end of the year, they will add a lot of new, high quality bars et plates!

Irishfag here, paid €200 for the year. Has everything you could want, equipment's updated regularly and it recently expanded to fit even more stuff. Only problem is they closed down both saunas due to retards spraying them with water and it seems they'll never come back.

US here. I pay $70 a month. lmao at your poorfags

>1 cable machine
>a few dumbbells
>30 treadmills
>free pizza

Appreciate it, user. Live it, feel it.

Not all gyms in Germany are shitty tho. Mine has 2 Platforms, 2 Squat Racks, a ton of benches and Oly barbells. Used to be Boxing only gym, but now they renewed everything and you can get boxing lessons for free to your gym membership. And just for 25€ per month. Free showers, drinks and every few days free protein bars (effect debatable, but nice gesture anyways)

When I lived in a smaller town I used to go to a powerlifting gym that was extremely affordable, like 1000 SEK for a year. It was a very good gym with a lot of free weights and a few machines.

Now I moved to a bigger city (by lmaoswedish standards, so 200k) and the only gyms that are close by are 3000-4000 SEK a year shitty mom gyms with 3 barbells and a million machines.

>SEK
and in non-retarded units that is?

which country are you from? my gym in small town Hungary is better, though my uni gym was similar to your description

car-dios mio

Pole here
€15 monthly for card that gives me entry once a day to every gym in my city that is enlisted in benefits system (which is practically 90% of them)
here's the gym I go to:
totalfitness.com.pl/ochota/galeria/

From rural central Italy. Most standard gyms are shit and the few nice gyms are crossfit and powerlifting oriented but much more expensive (60 € per month).

So I bought a Rogue Ohio Bar, 180 kg of plates (still dyel), flooring and a flat bench, and I had a rack custom made. Total investment 1600 €. It's pretty comfy.

>free pizza
I hope this is bait

jelly

UK uni gym
>£13 a month
>6 power cages
>all olympic bars and weights
>loads of benches
>dumbbells go up to idk but way more than i can lift
>not too busy
>dozens of machines to lure normies away from the cages
>loads of cardio shit but who cares
>pool included in membership
>plenty of sports facilities included, tennis, badminton, squash, climbing wall etc.
>even includes dry ski slope

only downside is that it's not 24h

however membership goes up to £19 next year REEEEEE

4 power cages, no smith machine, about 6 benches if I remember correctly, all adjustable, dumbells going up to 110lb and plenty of floorspace for people to do deadlifts/rows.

which uni out of interest?

Do you guys live in the middle of nowhere in bavaria? Here in cologne we have plenty of decent gyms.

>Want to start lifting (compounds and olympic)
>Went to all my local gyms for a test day
>only a few of them had decent free weights or a rack and the ones that did had some bullshit no deadlift rule
>none had bumper plates
>ended up just buying the equipment and building a home gym

Feels pretty good

southampton

watch gooey out my penist

Sounded a lot like Southampton until i got to the bit about the dry ski slope

Well shit.

I used to go to the Southampton gym nightly. Bet you'd recognise me, or I'd recognise you

yeah I've never been and didn't even know it was there until a friend mentioned it but yeah there is one included
southampton.ac.uk/sportandwellbeing/activities/snow-sports.page

I live in a sandnigger country and we have way better gyms around jesus christ.

>8 olympic barbells
>2 sets of 2 of each dumbbell up to 75kg
>all the beneficial machines you can think of except the stairs machine
>all cushions are replaced each 4 months
>weights in lbs and kg so you can lift whatever way you please
>1 pl8 is 25kg
>3 power cages
>2 cross cable machines quadra-faced providing 16 different spots to do cable workouts on
>4 flat benches
>2 adjustable
>2 90degrees
>Aerobic area
>Spinning area
>Abs area
>stretching/femanon's entire room you can do whatever awkward exercise in
>Staff are all hot fit college girls
>Manager is a 26 hunk
>Trainers are all past athletes, one won an international bodybuilding contest once and they follow you with your workout on every move

I can go on all day but really well worth the 70$ desu. I have an offer where I get "60 days", meaning my membership ends when I check in 60 times and can span over 5 months which is perfect for a 4day/week program.

God fuck is it amazing to have such a gym 8 minutes away from my house.

My gym: four squat racks, like twenty flat and adjustable benches, free olympic barbells everywhere, tons of plates, all the machines you could ask for and a million dumbbells.
40 eurobucks a month. It's really good. Why do you think this has anything to do with the EU? EU sucks, thats true, but you cant exactly blame it for your shitty gym

planet fitness?

90€ a year here in denbtland:
>Squat rack, bench and incline bench
>Some weird old barbells that are thinner than normal but have some extra weight on them so that they weigh 20kg
>Enough plates
>Dumbells
>Pull up bar
>Dip station
>Ez curl bar
Enough to do all exercises worth doing

>230€ per year
>1 flat bench
>1 incline bench
>1 decline bench
>1 squat rack
>no platform
>barely enough space to deadlift
>no bumper plates
>2 20kg barbells
>of those, only 1 that spins properly
>the other has proper knurling
>2 heavier, thicker barbells
>no "free" barbells. 1 on each bench, one on the squat rack
>old slim iron plates fit loosely around the sleeves - can't deadlift/row/clean without collars
>open 9-12 and 15-21 during weekdays
>open 10-14 on the weekend
>no real alternatives around

>$0
>90% of gyms in my country
>tfw company multisport card