Deadlifting with or without shoes

The great debate.

I find i can do heavier weights easier when shoeless, but thats because i wear thick-soled running shoes at the gym.

I deadlift with just socks sometimes
THROW AWAY THE KEY

Without shoes is better

except for competition then you need shoes with a flat and thin sole

How much of a difference does it make?

At least wear socks you fucking troglodyte.

I deadlift in my socks.
Shoes throw my center of gravity forward slightly and make heavy sets feel off.

I deadlift triple bodyweight for one.

>1/2/3/4
babby tier

i sweat profusely everywhere on my body, including the soles of my feet.
i try to be a good gym member and spray+wipe all sweaty equipment. but i don't feel like wiping the floor..

Depends on your feet

Unless your deadlift begins with a "3" in kg, then it's not impressive you DYEL twinkshit.

I have a hard time keeping my back straight with shoes.

Without

I also deadlift exclusively outside in the woods so I can feel the earth betwixt my toes. My barbell is a fallen oak, and my plates are a pair of wild stag that I've befriended.

I did accidentallly PR in trainers once because I forgot I was wearing them

Wrestling shoes are great for deads and squats if you go to a commercial gym that wigs out on barefoot people

>Only 7+ plate deadlift is impressive

t. Veeky Forums DYEL who's never stepped foot in a gym

i've never lifted with shoes on. i'd imagine it's hard to distribute your weight.

Without shoes, but with knee high socks

you guys know they make shoes without inclined heals right?
I lift in a pair of 10$ walmart knockoff chucks. flat soles so no leaning forward, though the soles are a bit thick but eh. better than dropping 50$ on lifting shoes I will use 6 hours a week.

Do you guys wear socks to the gym? It's hot as balls here during summer and I haven't work socks in months but I always feel rude deadlifting barefoot.

>I always feel rude deadlifting barefoot.
It is rude, and fucking disgusting to boot.

Even liner socks are an improvement over walking around the gym barefoot.

So instead of changing socks every day or twice a day you just walk around in smelly as fuck shoes? Nice idea.

I wear converse high tops, do 250kg x 4 at 89kg bw

your shoes and feet probably smell like death. throw your shoes out and amputate both feet immediately.

This. Just bring a long pair or just a different pair of socks to deadlift/workout in

tfw i shower every day and by the end of the day my crotch smells funny. this is strange but the smell has been changing rapidly, like every day my crotch smells different. sometimes it smells like ear wax , sometimes like bo. the other day it smelled like sweet? idk. its pretty interesting, im thinking about chronicling it and seeing what food causes what crotch smell

I am closing in on a 6pl8 deadlift.

If you deadlift less than me, it isn't impressive to me.

Vibram FiveFingers masterrace

>if you don't have at least a master's degree in a certain subject, you're actually retarded.

I don't feel like bringing two shoes to the gym. I absolutely need weightlifting shoes to clean and jerk, snatch, and squat.

Deadlift and sometimes OHP, going barefoot is just as good as flat shoes, if not even better

Sorry lad, but that's the way it is.

You'll understand once you have strength dismorphia as bad as I do.

I usually just wear flip flops everywhere during summer and I don't sweat as much as men do and wash regularly so it's never been an issue really.

I wear flats or flip flops to work and my flats are pretty open so my feet can breath and don't sweat too much.

I will take advice and bring socks in my bag to lift in, it's just always been convenient to come to the gym straight after work and throw my leggings on and get straight to it.

Just deadlift in your flip flops then?

I would go barefoot if my gym allowed it, but yeah I'm shoeless.

This is correct. Socks only.

there's no debate
I used to keep my shoes on for warmup sets but even then my feet would get cramped from having to balance on the soft shoe sole

>better than dropping $50 on shoes
NIGGA no shoes is literally free

I own sabos but only use them for comps / PR days

Traditional deadlift in socks at the gym

Clean deadlift in wl shoes

I went to a pleb gym to do deadlifts barefoot once. The "PT" freaked out and said I had to wear shoes in case I dropped the weight on my foot. I pointed at the 5 plates on one side of the bar and asked him if his shoes would protect his feet when I drop the barbell on his foot. Looking a little uncomfortable, he started lecturing me on how deadlifts are bad for the back and he starts trying to show me how to use the cable machine to do some awkward exercise that's supposed to replace deadlifts.

Socks with rubber grip on them

>Flats or flip flops to work

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

this is how i feel too, I just hit 6 plates, so now when I see people doing like 4 plates, i think they are weak.

I dont want to feel like this, I want to think someone pulling 4 plates is impressive, but I just dont think it is anymore. like anything under 500 i still think is warmup weight.

I feel like the biggest dick for thinking like this but idk just in my head. even when I know I was proud when I pulled 4 plates for the first time, and thought it was super heavy, I just dont think so now. IDK

A lot. Try it with no shoes.

>2017
>not squatting bodyweight in your sandals

I deadlift and squat barefoot, and no one gives a fuck. It's not rude at all.

You think the bottom of your bare foot is magically worse than the bottom of your shoe? For instance, your shoe has been all over outside, stepped on god-knows-what on the sidewalks, probably stepped on piss and fecal residues in the bathroom, and accumulated much worse than your bare feet. Once I'm done with DLs and squats, I just put my shoes back on and carry on. No big deal (unless your feet reek, I guess).

Post yours

Just try it. It's way better. You'll never go back. I don't even like my lifting shoes anymore and squat barefoot as well.

>strength dysmorphia

maybe if you had something else in your life to hang your hat on you wouldn't feel superior to someone else over being able to pick up marginally more weight than them

retard

its because he thinks your a retard but if you use the cabal machine you cant hurt yourself or others so easily

cable-

My deadlift 1RM is 30kg

>my barbell is a fallen oak

Man that sounds hard to grip

>deadlifting period

lmao, hit the nail on the head