So today in biology class I learned that fat derived from animal sources such as meat, dairy, butter, etc...

So today in biology class I learned that fat derived from animal sources such as meat, dairy, butter, etc. is bad for you and can lead to heart disease and even cancer if eaten in large amounts. Why then do so many of you religiously follow the advice of a man that suggests eating big macs and a gallon of whole milk a day to build strength? Surely that should discredit his advice somewhat?

Other urls found in this thread:

cholesterol-and-health.com/China-Study.html
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

topics like this should be banned

This is a fitness board. Not a health board. If you're concerned with health, go on living your life and live 50 years in a nursing home too weak to wipe your own ass, and die at the age of 110 having lived a sad old life

Protip: any correlation between meat and negative health affects is caused by the 60% of people who are overweight or obese skewing the numbers. Vegans live longer because they are thinner (and majority female, people who live longer regardless of diet). They are thinner because calories per volume in vegan foods are greater (ie: eating 500 calories of broccoli is near impossible. Eating 500 calories of meat is easy)
You are wasting your time following a vegan diet. You are not getting any healthier. The only thing that's happening is you're spamming a fitness board with this bullshit.

>>>Veeky Forumsrules/1
>Images and discussion related to dieting, exercise, healthy living, and workout plans is welcome here.

Tiggered summerfag carnist straight off the bus from reddit who doesn't want his beliefs threatened detected. It's possible to have both long lifespan and healthspan. There are shitloads of studies that control for calorie intake and bodyweight. YOU should be banned for flooding the board with ignorance and misinformation.

Nuts are more calorie dense than even the fattiest cuts of meat, yet are consistently shown to reduce the risk of chronic diseases while meat does the exact opposite

Also ironic how all the elderly in care facilities are meat and dairy consumers there for complications from stroke, dementia, cancers, peripheral arterial disease, osteoporosis, etc that are all mechanistically linked to excessive animal foods consumption

Really makes the neurons fire

>eating too much of something is bad for you
No shit?

>thinking GOMAD is for anything other than skellies

post pic of what you look like op, i bet you look like a weak fat fucking idiot. i think ill trust the guy who literally wrote the book on it. 3/10 made me reply

I have yet to see a single study that adjusts for bodyweight, body fat percentage, sex, wealth, exercise level, and the thousands of other attributes that determine health.

My point is that
>people who eat nuts regularly
>people who don't eat nuts regularly
The first group are more likely to have a broad diet of various other foods. The second group are more likely to be 700lbs and eat nothing but KFC, McDonalds, and drink soda

Same thing with meat
>people who eat meat regularly
>people who don't eat meat regularly
Which group is more likely to be 700 lbs? Is it due to meat? No. It's due to laziness

>any correlation between meat and negative health affects is caused by the 60% of people who are overweight or obese skewing the numbers

Can you fucking retards stop making this dipshit assumption? You fucking know you haven't read a single god damned study. Most of them compare healthy omnivores vs vegans and others are specifically studying the food itself in a lab. You shameless fucking liar.

Proof? Where is proof? Hell, even the famous China study you vegans link to all the time is complete bullshit

cholesterol-and-health.com/China-Study.html
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

Vegans are not more healthy than people who eat meat
Deal with it

>goalpost overweight/obesity and excessive calorie intake changes to thousands of other attributes that determine health that are impossible to investigate in practice
Russell's teapot level of falsifiability right here

what you learn in medical school can be several decades behind in knowledge. youre there to learn the basics, and some of it will be wrong.

>>thinking GOMAD is for anything other than skellies

THIS. Once skellies have escaped auschwitz mode they can start GORMAD and eventually 1.5GORMAD like the rest of us.

>hey man, there's some statistically relevant data to look at for determining causation between two data sets

>nah man don't worry about it, I didn't even read the studies but you are totally wrong

>there's literally thousands of things to adjust for. can you show me the studies so i know you're not talking out your ass?

>lolno
See

Is there a video or a podcast of Rim shitting on vegans? He's full of crap too bat damn I enjoy listening to his rumblings.

>expects to be spoonfed basic facts
>refers to blogs of a denialist and community college student
Yes, you disproved nutrition science. Good work.

Literally not an argument

You were lied to. Eating those fats in large amounts doesn't cause cancer. Eating them frequently during a long period of time does.
Rippertoe suggests eating a lot of unhealthy food to people that have a hard time reaching a good caloric surplus. I don't see how that is bad advice to follow

user, everything is bad for you if eaten in large amounts.

Love,

A biologyfag

Where'd you get the idea of arguing? All I've been doing throughout the thread is mocking your lack of education.

>hurr durr i r so intelligent u r the sum

>quoting your own posts

How is making yourself look like an idiot mocking anyone?

I don't know, why don't you tell us?

>smoking cigarettes in large amounts doesn't cause cancer
>smoking them frequently during a long period of time does

Quality revelation

false equivalency.

>one TSNA to damage dna and cause cancer initiation
>one secondary bile acid to damage dna and cause cancer initiation

>suggests eating big macs and a gallon of whole milk a day to build strength?
He is not saying that is healthy or the recommended way of eating for a person. What he is saying is that if you are shit at eating enough healthy stuff then eat shit to get your desired amount of calories.

you're a stupid nigger

Well I go to him for all my lifting routines and form videos. He obviously knows what he is talking about in that regard. I wouldn't listen to him for diet considering his obvious gut and his 20% bodyfat percentage. No fitness people are perfect in all reality. All of them have something they do wrong.

>being so new he didn't know that health was removed from fit a long time ago

>So today in biology class I learned that fat derived from animal sources such as meat, dairy, butter, etc. is bad for you and can lead to heart disease
Your biology teacher is retarded and should be fired.
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>(cont.)

>(cont.)
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
No, these threads still deserve to be banned because they're not about health but pseudoscience, dietary meme propaganda and fearmongering

quit school and get a job, you'll learn nothing, well worse, you'll learn how to become a leftist

>(((academia))) nutritional facts
Into the trash it goes

>lol le puddie guiaz am I le old fag yet xD
mental health aka /r9k/ shitposting was removed from the board title and never the discussion of health

found the link spammer.

how about actually not linking stupid as fucking blogs and articles and start listning to experts with decades of experience in treating heart disease?

>today in biology class
>Its the middle of summer

maybe its me whos retarded but does som1 care to explain? Even at uni Im done with the end of semester exams by the end of June

It's called a "troll thread"

oh right,fuck me