Why do people talk about military personnel like they're the Veeky Forumstest, toughest people on Earth?

Why do people talk about military personnel like they're the Veeky Forumstest, toughest people on Earth?

Most people here probably know this, but their conditioning is not amazing or anything. Vets go to the gym where I lift and practice boxing all the time, and they're never even remotely impressive, but for some reason civilians think they're superhuman.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm watching those stolen valor confrontation vids for the first time and I'm actually afraid that a dumbass vet will get his ass whopped by one of those LARPing hobos.

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=469_1422753199
youtube.com/watch?v=EADDACpP8Eo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are stolen valor confrontation vids ?

Because most people are retarded. The fact that this wasnt the obvious answer means that you too are retarded.

You have to be a complete numbskull to join the army in the first place, so it might be related to that

hollywood
also yeah as a soldier our physical training is shit, no structure to it just le hard training may may

They're videos veterans record asking military impostors (and teenagers with camo pants) who their commanding officer is, what's their rank, where they served, and if they have any idea of how many people died in that uniform for them to disrespect it like that.

liveleak.com/view?i=469_1422753199
youtube.com/watch?v=EADDACpP8Eo

Stolen valor is when someone dresses and fronts as a member of the armed service, or veteran, for any sort of benefit. Actual service members then call them on the bullshit, citing "stolen glory."

It's really easy, because there's a surprising amount of things that any service member should know that isn't talked about anywhere on the internet. Like, you can't google it.

Well, they're generally tougher than your average sedentary fuck and those who never exercise.

The reason why they're believed to be tougher is for the same very reason a woman will think the same guy is either hot or ugly depending solely on his attitude. It's all mental, those who have actually been in combat or decently trained got a face that tells that if you start shit they're more than willing to deliver.

>a woman will think the same guy is either hot or ugly depending solely on his attitude
Wait what ? Do you have source or something for that statement ?

Spend time around people and you're sure to notice it

Asking a source for shit like that is beyond stupid.

No it's your status and your physic that define if you're attractive, not your attitude kek
Are you gonna tell me that an uggo with a great attitude is gonna hit more than a shy chad ?

So you actually believe lifting will cure your autism and get you girls.

lmao kid. None of that shit matters in a social situation if you're an awkward fuck nobody likes to be around with.

because they talk in abbreviations and specs that no one understands so they are impressive

Military people in america are welfare queens anyways. Only fools believe they owe them any respect.

your attitude affects your status a lot dumb-dumb

I have respect for military people, but not these dudes. They just want an excuse to fight someone, and straight up assault people sometimes.

>status and your physic
cope

Most people on the regular side of the military are somewhat average but still have better conditioning than the average joe.
Or you want to do something cool that will pay for college.
I'm glad you think that, how about you volunteer to get shot at? I know that we are fighting wars for oil but if that's what's going to keep the country running then why are you bitching? Go tell mommy to make you a fresh batch of tendies.

What are you trying to prove with this picture ?

While I do agree on calling out real imposters that try to get something away from calling themselves vets, I find it ridiculous when they try calling out someone for wearing any clothe with a camo pattern, I remember this fucking video of a dumbass vet following a black kid with a camo jacket around telling him to take it off. This was literally it, just a camo jacket, not even an imitation of a real military jacket.

can you find the link?

>Go tell mommy to make you a fresh batch of tendies.

Why do soldiers always talk like this lmao

We're not middle aged suburban moms so I don't understand why you'd think anyone on Veeky Forums would respond with a "God bless you for ya service!!" so that you can fully appreciate your call of duty fantasy

You'd be surprised how much you can find out by joining some online groups.

They don't volunteer. They get paid, fed, and sheltered. It's a job for people with no marketable skills.

A lot of it also comes down to mental toughness. A lot of guys in SOF you wouldn't even suspect were in the military. Many of them are manlets. but they can all hump a heavy ass pack for miles with very little food and sleep.

Veeky Forums has it's own interpretation of being Veeky Forums. It's basically being overweight with huge impractical quads and having the mind of /r9k/ but with more homosexual tendencies.

Plus veteran fags when they get out can get lazy and fat without the discipline the military provided them. Most pog's will be above average compared to the populace when in, but then it goes to shit when they get out.

Sure but there's also a lot of jargon and such that no one will naturally be able to use. They may be able to get the uniform down, but it's pretty obvious when someone is full of shit.

verb
freely offer to do something.
"he volunteered for the job"

They may not be volunteers, but they did volunteer to do the job.

It's not volunteering when you have no other job prospects.

>something cool
> getting yourself a PTSD with a bunch of the country's dumbest kids because you didn't pay attention in school

Except it is, because you're not required by law to have a job. Look, man, you were wrong in a semantic argument. That's okay. It's okay to be wrong sometimes. You don't have to be upset about it.

You don't need to project your own anger that was started by this thread onto others

FUCKING MINECRAFT SHIRT UNDERNEATH.THIS HAS TO BE MADE UP.

Anger? ANGER? How's THIS for anger?

I love you.

This desu. Ive seen guys who are 6'4, built like brick shithouses drop out a couple miles into a tab, and five foot girls basically jog the whole tab because their legs are too short to walk it. Similarly some people cant put up with being beasted and yelled at, waking up early, getting little sleep; some people cant hack having to sleep in a shell scrape for a week, eating shit rations, getting little sleep and the closest you get to a shower is a wet wipe around your cock and bollocks.

Its all a mental game; if you took 20 squaddies and 20 civvies and told them theyre going to tab 40 miles with 40lbs in a day, the squaddies have the ability to just mentally crack on, whereas some of the civvies will let the doubt and pain get the better of them and wont hack it. Best example of this is a professional british boxer attempts P Company (para training); he drops out a few miles into a 10 mile tab, despite being in much better shape physically than the skinny 18/19 year olds who make it the whole way.

Average American can't run 4mi in any decent amount of time, carry 40lb on their back for obscene amount of time, dig holes in clay/hardened dirt when it's 95°outside. The reason people put us on a pedestal is because we do things the average would never think to do, and that then creates an image of us being more than we are. Most soldiers are scrawny, but years of doing this dumb shit still makes them stronger and more durable than the average citizen.

how about you volunteer to get shot at?
because its fucking stupid? how is that even an argument?

anger, hostility towards the opposition
anger. hostility towards the opposition

I mean, yeah, we know they're psychologically and physically developed to an extent, the problem is how people act like they're Jason Bourne and how some veterans seem to believe that narrative about themselves.

But in reality, well, not too long ago there was news story of a SEAL who got rekt by teens while trying to play the hero.

Soldiers are above-average people physically, which makes sense because they don't have to be anything past that to serve their purpose, but people don't see it that way.

Man stolen valor videos are my fucking favorite. It's shit when some screw loose vet goes apeshit on a kid wearing camo pants, but it's the best when the target is a legit fraud.

I dont know any blokes who think theyre Jason Bourne because theyre in the army, but maybe the reason people see them like that is because of the different mindset you gain in the army. A big part of training is being able to switch aggression on and off rapidly, and going at something full bore; i.e if one of your muckers gets in a scrap in a pub, youre immediately in there without hesitation, whereas some civvies would be hesitant.

Also little things like being more aware of your surroundings and stuff like that, in no way makes a bloke Jason Bourne but because civvies dont do those things its all the more noticeable. Because civvies arent mentally wired the same way as squaddies, the way squaddies can act in a high pressure situation might make them seem like some pro purely because the civvie is wondering 'why isnt he freaking out, how is he so calm, how is he coming up with a plan etc'. Stuff that is mundane and commonplace for soldiers in the field is exciting and different for civvies, so when they see it, they overthink it and think the bloke is some super spy when its just SOPs, training and a different mindset.

Thats all I can think of at least, it doesnt mean a bloke is James Bond, its just in contrast to a normal civvie it seems like some spoopy skills because they dont do basic shit that any person would automatically do if they were in a high risk area.

That one is fake

>Cobblestone infantry

>implying POGs are Veeky Forums

>mfw faggots from other branches talk to me using their dumb ass branch lingo that i only vaguely know what they mean from watching war movies

iv actually been refused service while trying to buy boots shipped to an fpo because i couldnt answer their weird generic military information form and they wouldnt let me just not answer it. had to use a mail forwarding service just to fucking them them

>implying american wars are for the benefit of the american people
>unironically risking your life for israel
lmao

>caring about the excuse to kill sandniggers

>implying they won't outbreed you and win via religious influence
USA should stop funding israel, and should let the arab countries deal with themselves.
The USA should spend money which benefit the American people not on pointless wars, which ultimately hurt the Americans.

sandniggers have the west by the balls right now because of oil. if you weren't 16 you would know they already caused the entirety of the us to basically grind to a halt because of fucking with oil production. it was a war for oil, which is legitimately important not just for the us but also for whatever shitstain country you come from. youre welcome

people think military members are jason bourne because theres a large disconnect between normal people and the military. look at the stats on how many people today have an immediate family member in the military vs like 50 years ago. all a lot of people today "know" about the military is from shit like COD and lone survivor meme movies and not from being in it or knowing somebody close who was. from that you get a bunch of civilians going "omg the troops are so badass" "thank you for your service" because all they know about the military is from fiction and they want to virtue signal (like your pic related) and then all that shit eventually gets to the head the 19 year old 88m or whatever to think he must be so awesome because everyone is always saying so. then that 19 y/o 88m never learns any better, gets out in a few years, proceeds to wear 5.11 pants, oakley shades, and a multicam hat at all times while spouting some gay sheepdog shit on facebook. its like an echochamber snowball effect kinda thing

I want to see a vid of a nam vet tearing down a welfare queen. That would be fun to watch compared to the typical stolen glory shit.

It's volunteering if it's not conscripted

nam vets are literally the biggest pieces of shit that have ever been in the military. youre more likely to see them apologizing for being a white male or getting bullied by his wifes son son than talking shit to anyone. they were a bunch of spoiled brat hippies who got pressed into shooting rice niggers. vietnam wasnt even conducted like a war

>physic
Wtf that's not a word and Idk if you're trying to say physics, physique, psychology, or psychic. You should go learn English before posting again

>they were a bunch of spoiled brat hippies who got pressed into shooting rice niggers.
The hippies stayed home. The men left to fight

are you even American you fucking idiot? the draft was used for Vietnam

I have a bud who's an E-5 in the airforce. I figured despite him being in the airforce he would have to keep some sort of workout routine, but turns out after a certain period you just don't have to do it anymore. Dude's almost 130 lbs. now and is the scrawniest guy I know.

>Why do people talk about military personnel like they're the Veeky Forumstest, toughest people on Earth?
Most people think that you stay in boot camp shape the entire time you serve
But of course that lasts only until just after bootcamp

>tfw navy ship is full of roided monkeys deadlifting 5+ plates while underway because working out is one of the few things you can do to pass the time at sea

>Fighting for oil
>Still doesn't understand all wars have been manufactured in modern times
Take care of yourself, your family and find Jesus. You can do whatever you want after then.

This

>wars are never created for some specific goal

what the fuck do you think a war is? a drunken bar fight or something?